Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed March 26

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Gilad's Express workouts Warm up, Buns & Thighs, Chest, Back, Shoulders and Arms followed by 10 minutes of cardio. Total workout was 71" and I burned 414 calories.

I should have done something different. I'm feeling the need to get all of this anger and agression out today with all of this stuff on my mind about the job. This DVD has been getting rave reviews at VF...but it was just meh!! Maybe it's just my state of mind. I guess I need a good kickboxing workout!

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning:)
Today i'm laying off my legs they are still sorex( I will be doin 4DS back shoulders and abs.
Lora hope you have a better day today:)
Have a great day
Randi

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

I didn't workout yesterday. I felt the wraith of Auntie come down on me like a force from Hades. So plan is to just kick it up a notch on elliptical (pretty much stay on there until my legs feel like they will come apart). The scale is EVIL and although my eats were very good, I still weigh 120, and since I can feel the fat around my lower back and lower abs..I got problems, and I ain't got them for long cuz this fat is coming off!!!!! Plan is to bike 30 miles twice next week after Auntie is gone.

Lora,

Hope your day is better. I get like that too sometimes. I tend to be the type to keep my feelings inside sometimes and it builds and builds.

Randi,

Your avatar pic. is cute.

Sandy,

You did good and I bet you probably burned more calories then you think.

Morning all. I did Tracy's upper body last night.. I think i am getting my strength back. My calves are still screaming..
I am ging to try lower body tonite if i can.
Char, no wonder why your legs hurt..Look at the weight you used..
My god girl...

Diana Sue, you seem to get alot of headaches. Have you been checked?
I know they suck. I used to get alot of them...

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

I ended up doin 4DS shoulders first then back then B&G stability ball abs.
Char I'm with on sore legs}( Still sore from mondays workout! Doing the 4DS legs is to easy so I always tackle on another workout so I added GS legs standing work.
Thanks for the compliment:)
I do like to do legs twice a week still on endurance and one heavy.
Anne great job on your upper body:) Which lower body are you gonna do?
Randi

Randi,

I know you like to fry your legs. You always have. That is why you look so good. Love the definition in your shoulders too...killer looking arms!

Storm,

That was a few days ago. My legs are not sore anymore, but they will be again today. hehe. I got to finish my yard up too and get the grass seed planted. Glad you are feeling better and getting your groove thang on. Move them mountains (wasn't talking about your bewbers either) hehe.

Char - Awesome on the legs doms!!!

Randi - Love your AVI! I keep meaning to tell you this but keep forgetting to!

Sandy - Nice workout yesterday. Don't be embarrassed about your weights, you are doing awesome! It takes time to build up with poundage. You'll get there. And anyways, those weights were nothing to be embarrassed about!

Lora - I'm sorry about your job, I don't have any advice to give you. That sucks that they can't give you some sort of raise, though. Bastards. Maybe stick it out for a while but in the meantime look to see what else is out there. Maybe you'll come across something better in time.

Today is my rest day again. Loved sleeping in. I'm gonna miss this week when I have to start working out again. LOL!!!

Randi i don't know. I go down and look at them then decide. I hate to have a schedule. I never follow it. I just try to either rotate them or total body..
Still no call on the CT scan..Just waiting.
Maybe i paeed them and it is over.. I am taking stuff call uripril for kidney stones. Hope it helps..
Maybe i need to start eating crap..
www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the encoragement about my lifting last night. I'm sore today so that's a good thing!

I plan on a 2 mile walk today at lunch time in the nice weather! High 60's today!!!

Tonight I'm gonna do some form of cardio, not sure what yet!

Lora - Hang in there and do what Debbie suggests that's what I would do, I've been there and it sucks.

Randi - nice pic, love the arms!!!

Char - Work it, Work it, Work it! I can just picture you on the eliptical working so hard that it might just take off!

Debbie - Enjoy! Enjoy your rest day and thanks for the encouragement! I am feeling it.

Anne - Sounds like you're getting back in the swing of things good going.

Diane Sue - I hope your headaches ease up, they can really take a toll on the body as well.

Hi to everyone else that follows.

Hi Everyone,

This morning, I did a 30 minute jog and S&H chest and back. If I can toot me own horn, my UB workout was good:D

Randi: Niiiice leg work, ouch!

Debbie: Enjoy your rest day :)

Char: I am very impress with the distance you travel; I don’t think I could hang out with you I’d slow you downx( I plan too get me a bike this summer, missed out last year:-(

Morning Crazies,
Did 5 mile run with 4 running up the stadium stairs. Still have the damn cold but like an OCD person, I didn't let it stop me from working out. Kids are a little better than me. They had more rest than I did anyway. :)

Lora- If your pay is not a minimum wage, that's illegal. I don't think they're allowed to go below the minimum wage unless they're paying you off books. I understand your anger and frustration. Been there. I don't know what the laws in OH are. Here in NY, companies are not allowed to go below the minimum wage. About your workout, I guarantee you you won't gain weight or anything from doing one total body ff for a week. You will mess up your metabolism and muscles by doing that for the better. Why don't you try it? If your injuries are nagging you, you might need an active recovery.

Toasty- Sorry Auntie is bothering you. Why don't you bitch slap her around? LOL :p Hope you feel better though. What kind of a bike do you have?

Randi- Gorgeous avatar!

Everyone else, have a great day and hope you all had a tough workouts. Take care!

Lisa

Finished on elliptical. My legs are numb. hehe. I didn't burn as much as some of you, but I went as long as I could.

7.5 miles
Burned only 602 cals
85 mins.
avg speed 5mph
levels 8-12

(went slower speed cuz of the resistance)

Now I want to work abs every day just for this week til I burn the rest of the fluff off. Gonna work abs for 1 hour today and then 30 mins for the rest of week.

Lisa,

I am not surprised you still work out sick or not, but then again, your a Taurus. hehe. Most of the women here are also astrologically inclined to not let anything get in their way of goals. I am alittle bit more on the moody side at times and sometimes my moods can get the best of me, but yeah..I DO FEEL GOOD NOW!! RAH RAH!!! I have a 10 speed and a mountain bike.

Teddygirl,

Alot of people tell me that too..like my dh. Thinks I will leave him behind, but I really don't go that fast. I like to stay at a steady pace cuz you need to get up the hills too. hehe

Toasty - "Burned ONLY 602 cals" Damn girl thats great! You sound determined! I'm going to add lots of cardio to my workouts too! I haven't been doing any cardio in the past couple weeks, but have still been doing my Total Body W/O's which seems to help with my metabolism too.

Sandy,

I am just at a lost as to why my body is holding onto to the fat and ceasing to let me drop a pound or two. So I am desperate to get the 2-3 pounds of fat off so doing more cardio. In the past, I have not done much cardio and my weight and body fat was where I wanted it...so yeah, sounds like your body is responding well to what your doing..now I am just trying to get back there myself.

Cardio is so overrated, imo.

As long as you lift heavy and consistently, your body fat should drop. I do only 3 hours of cardio a week and it will drop with my next rotation to only 2. I never have problems with body fat hanging on. Plus I lower my carbs considerable when I'm cutting, which is coming up next week. Oy!

However, you need to do what your body responds well with. Some people need tons of cardio. I'm just glad I ain't one of them! LOL! I just wanted to add my 2 cents! :)

Lora - you and me both! I have a high level of frustration at my job also and am actually loosing sleep over it. I do love to kick box and imagine certain people I am kicking and smashing!

Can you please tell me about VF? What is that. You would probrabaly like the P90X plyo workout, also Cathe's drillmax is killer.

Hope your day gets better - but I can totally relate!

Lora,

since I am new to the group, I really don't know where you are from. But - here in Nashville, TN there are very many health care jobs. There are so many hosptials and universities. Don't know if you are interested in moving, but you should check out tennessean.com and go to the career building pages and search in health care. Lots of jobs.

Take care.

I am posting late because our internet and phone have been out again I woke up with the same headache and this cold is driving me crazy. Today I did Seasun's Bosu Blast stopping at the core, then I did Cathe's High Step Training Advanced cardio only premix 2 times on the bosu(this worked out well) I went back and did Bosu Blast abs/core, then the abs from All Body Cardio(on the double cardio with Seasun's), also did Butts and Guts stability ball abs adding in some weight. I then did Amy's Slo Mo Back and shoulders then Butts and Guts Stretch. Tomorrow is our 35th anniversary so I wanted to do a shorter workout. Probably some cardio and a short yoga/stretch. I hope the cable guy got this fixed now. He put up another line. He said the one to our house had several splices in it and lots of squirrel chew. Got to go read all of the posts:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Anne, I have had all kinds of tests done over the years for my headaches. I got really tired of medications that did not seem to help and had side effects. I had a CAT scan once. Also and EEG?? I have had physical therapy, needles in my neck and shoulders too. Sometimes it is a migraine and sometimes it is tension, sometimes it is sinus. It does not take much to bring one one. I am not sure this time if it is from all of the coughing and cold/sinus or a combo of that and starting a new workout rotation.

Lora and Ally, I find kicking and punching my heavy bag helps me get rid of some of my frustration. I can give it my all when I am upset about something}(

Charlotte, great calorie burn:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue,

Thanks!

Lora,

I burned the AC/DC cd for you. I burned other songs too, but I have no idea what they are. I tried to take a peek at the playlist, but only got like 3 letters so I don't know what I recorded and was from my daughters playlist so could be SCREAMO, Punk or whatever. I know Liar, Liar is on there from The Used. I like them and think maybe you will too. Anyhoo, I will send it out tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.