Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed July 4

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Off to do my Jillian Circuit and maybe some additional abs and yoga. Will be back later. I have to go to a picnic at my DH's family today. Oh boy......lots of junk food and "not good for you" stuff.

I ended up doing Jillian's Maximize Backside two times thru. I also added on Rapid Results Pilates, Waist Slimmer. Workout was 1 hour and 5 minutes and I burned 300 calories. I am not feeling myself yesterday and today and had a tough time working out both days. Might be coming down with something or maye just having a couple off days.

Went for my sinus followup appt yesterday. I have to see him every 3 months forever! That will go over well when I get a job! yea, right!

Have a great 4th everyone. As mentioned above w're going to a huge family picnic at my DH' families. Lots of icky greasy junk food!!! yuk. We're taking rigatoni with marinara sauce, so I got a special side order of wheat pasta with marina for myself......and of course the DH had to get mad about my special order. Why can't I eat white like everyone else??

Have great workouts.

Diane Sue - have fun camping

Good Morning
Lora great workout today! Hope you have a great 4th! Good for you for sticking to eating healthy!
Diane Sue have fun camping!
Today is cardio not sure which one
BBL
Randi

I was so close to not working out this morning. Just did not feel like doing cardio at all. But you all know how OCD I am about this so of course I got my lazy butt on the treadmill and just did a steady state for a little under an hour. Kind of a boring workout but at least I got my cardio in. Listened to some good music so that helped.

I did abs from Step, Jump & Pump as well. I really love that ab work.

Cardio stats:
57 min./ 47 min. in zone/ 327 calories burned. Travelled 3.16 miles.

Hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July! Stay safe!

Good morning and Happy Fourth of July!

I just thought I'd shoot a question to all of you regarding cardio.

How much should I do? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I swear the more I read the crazier I'm getting.

I keep seeing threads popping up here and there that say say HIIT is the be all and end all, but I'm not completely convinced. I'm wondering if the great results might be due to the fact that the users changed up their routine, if that makes sense.

Or should I just say "Screw it" and do what I like and what works for me?

Thanks in advance! Enjoy the day!

Hello Everyone,

Worked legs and shoulders last night, got a good burn going.

Did my cardio this morning, walking on my treadmill. Walked 4 miles, I feel really good. Going to get together with family for the 4th. Hope everyone has a great 4th!

Good morning!

This morning I rode with DH. I LOVE riding with him because he pushes me so hard. Our average was 18.3 and I've NEVER averaged that before!!! We went 20.4 miles in an hour and about 6 minutes. It was a hard ride but it felt so good!

I'm going to lift upper body later. I was going to do it yesterday but DH decided to go in and work today since they have so many extra guys working patrol and they need a patrol commander and he figured it was a good opportunity to get some overtime since he doesn't get a lot of those opportunities anymore. Boo for me. :(

Lora - Have fun at the bbq! I hope you feel better.

Randi - I hope you have a great cardio workout!

Debbie - Way to push through not wanting to workout. The other day DH made some comment about how ever since he's known me (15 years) I've been a little obsessive about working out. Hmmm...I take that as a compliment. And I think he meant it as one - in a way. :)

Press182 - Studies have shown that HIIT is really one of the best ways to get the best results from your cardio. Of course I can't tell you where these studies are :p, but I've read it again and again. I think that's one of the reasons that if you go on the Body for Life program you can get away with 20 minutes of cardio 3 times a week b/c it's HIIT cardio. Of course that program also majorly changes your eating too, but... Hopefully some other, more knowlegeable people will answer you. :)

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

>Press182 - Studies have shown that HIIT is really one of the
>best ways to get the best results from your cardio. Of course
>I can't tell you where these studies are :p, but I've read it
>again and again. I think that's one of the reasons that if you
>go on the Body for Life program you can get away with 20
>minutes of cardio 3 times a week b/c it's HIIT cardio. Of
>course that program also majorly changes your eating too,
>but... Hopefully some other, more knowlegeable people will
>answer you. :)
>
>Suz
>

Suz: Hey, you are knowledgeable! Plus, you look AWESOME in your pics!
Everyone on here looks great, very inspiring! I'd love to look like Debbie.

Heh, I actually tried doing HIIT on the treadmill this morning. Sprinting on the treadmill was a little scary--I had visions of shooting myself off the deck and out the window.
I'll have to keep playing with it--use the incline to jack up the intensity.

Funny you mention BFL, because I thought about using the Pyramids to do a BFL like rotation.

Thanks Press. Good luck getting it all figured out. :)

Randi - Great workout as usual. A nap sounds great. I might do that after DH goes to work and after I do my upper body workout. Ahhh...

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

Back from the Picnic. Not even saying what naughty things I had. I did okay with the regular food....bean salad and wheat pasta....but then I had 2 cookies and some Dirt!!! I'm a porker!

Press - wish I could tell you the best thing for cardio. I'm still trying to figure out what works best for me. I've been doing mega cardio since I've not been working and it's backfiring on me. Don't know if I got that vicious cycle of my body needing more and more going or I'm just eating a bit too much from working out so hard. I've read that you need to vary your HR with cardio ....for instance one HIIT day, 1 steady state, and 1 higher intensity short session and one longer lower intensity session, etc. However, from my experience, I don't think lower intensity does much for me except allow me to recover and since I dont' really take rest days, I do lower intensity cardio on the day that is supposed to be my rest day. It seems the more I read on cardio, the more baffled I become! Good luck. I'm sure Diane Sue will have some good advice but she's camping.

Lora - You're too hard on yourself. Two cookies on the 4th of July is nothing to be ashamed of! What's Dirt? Whatever it is I'm sure you didn't have much. Anyway, you're not a porker. I'm glad you survived the bbq.

I just picked up the July/August issue of Muscle & Fitness Hers when I ran out to get a few groceries. Diane Sue always talks about it and I haven't gotten it for a long time so I thought I'd take a look. They had some awesome recipes so I thought I should grab it. I was just looking at it and there is this kneeling cable crunch that I can do on my Smith machine. I totally forgot about that for abs. Cool!

Suz

Suz - Dirt is a really rich dessert. It's oreo cookies crushed up with a cool whip and pudding mixture. It's sort of like cookies and cream ice cream only with the coolwhip pudding mixture. The bad thing is that I ate too much also. I always feel so guilty after I eat stuff I shouldn't have. My DH does double aerobics for 3 weeks and loses 10 pounds. I've been doing extra aerobics for 3 months and haven't dropped weight! Why is it easier for men??

Lora - That sounds YUMMY!!! You can indulge once in awhile. You're so good 99% of the time. I don't know why it's like that with men but it pisses me off. My DH is the same way. Have you seen that commercial with the cartoon people where they both do the same thing and he keeps losing and she doesn't? So funny.

Suz

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.