HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS FOR TUESDAY OCT 12

megadoo

Cathlete
I didn't see a thread yet, so here you go.

I am def feeling my workout yesterday! I LOVE DOMS! My delts and chest are pretty toasty. Burn Circuit 2 here in a bit. That one is lower body and bis/tris. My favorite.
Do any of you ever have soreness on the TOPS of your feet? I have lately. Feels like my bones are hurting, especially when I get up in the morning, and after exercising.

Deb- thanks for the warm welcome back! You guys are just the motivation I need!

Theresa- congrats on your certification! Sounds exciting!

Have a hardcore day everyone!

I am waiting at school. I wish I would have had more time this morning. I did I Max 3 58 min, 461 calories Max HR 165. I then did Amy's Kickbox Surge Core using 10 & 15 lb med balls. I used the 10 for those rolling deck squats. 9 min, 61 cal. I fnished with Butts & Guts bonus abs using my Bosu Ballast Ball and a dumbbell for portions. I like this one more with the added intensity. This was 15 min and interruptions:) 56 cal. Total time 82 min 578 calories.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Today was cardio so I opted for Cardiofusion. I really still like this workout and gave 110% this morning. I also worked at the new house last night, but only for a few hours. I decided that I'm not going to kill myself every night to get it done, but rather work a few nights a week for an hour or two, and then put in some serious hours over the next few weekends.

Sorry I don't have more time to post to everyone. :(

Have a great day!

Cheryl

Good morning:D

Today, ended up a rest day, hate that, bc I had workout scheduled:( Thank you guys for all the kind words yesterday, you guys rock:) Have a great day:)

Meghan - Hello:)

I guess we're using this one...

Today was cardio and I chose Amy Bento's In The Ring. Had a pretty good workout and I love the med ball surge parts. Some of the kickboxing combo's I don't care for and some go on forever and ever. I skipped over parts I didn't want to do but had fun anyways. Good music in this workout.

I also did the Med Ball Ab Work from Amy's Kickbox Surge workout. I love that ab workout, it is really fun.

CARDIO STATS:
59 minutes total
6 minutes below zone
18 minutes in zone
37 minutes above zone
464 calories burned

Hi -

I read both threads, then waited to see which one we hung onto. Yesterday, I did T. Staehle's CKC (Thank you for recommending this one to me Debbie -- and everyone else who likes it ;). I always think of you when I do it and have so much fun). Also did about 50 minutes of Budokon. Of note about CKC: love how there isn't so much repetition. That slide and back lunge move does not work so well with tennies on a rubber puzzle mat, though. Kinda had to give that up and just do a sort of hop. That's the trouble with kickbox sometimes (when you neeed to slide or spin, etc.). If there's no impact, I sometimes just do kickboxing in my socks or barefoot -- that wouldn't have worked for this one. Good workout, though.

Debbie - Nice stats for In the Ring. I like that workout, but sometimes (more than others)the repetition gets to me, too. Good choice for abs :)

Teddy - Unscheduled rest days can be tough. I think you've earned it though and hope you can enjoy it. Sure you'll be back strong tomorrow :)

Cheryl - Good job on Cardio Fusion :) - That's such a fun one. I think you're wise to pace yourself with the work on your house, too. Too much of that sort of labor can sort of burn you out.

Diane Sue - I think your workout looked great. Well done :)

Meghan - I have sometimes had soreness/tenderness in the tops of my feet. Once, I think it may have been that I was tying my shoes too tight. Another time this occured, it turned out that I really needed a new pair -- that helped. I'm trying to remember, and think that at the time of the tenderness, I'd also changed the type of higher impact cardio I was doing and the frequency. Never resulted in an all out injury and it did resolve. Not sure if this was due to the shoe changes I made or just that I eased off a little and let the little muscles in my feet adjust (if that was the problem). Looks like you're doing really well with your workouts.

Have a good day --

Lori

Debbie-nice work on In The Ring, I agree about the combos having a tendency to never end, but she is so much fun as an instructor. That is quite a nice calorie burn too.

Megan-Thanks and YAY for doms I have not had an soreness on the tops of my feet.....how old are your shoes? It may be time to replace them and see if that's it.

Cheryl-nice workout, I would be exhausted with all the work you are doing

Lori-I need to break out CKBC again soon, in fact you may have inspired me to do it today D Nice looking workouts

Teddy-don't fret the rest, you will get it back :)

Yesterday, I started out not wanting to work out but once I got going I just kept going. My legs are humming/buzzing right now so I guess I will count this as a strength/weight day. I did Lauren Brooks KB 2 both the grind and the smoker w/ the finisher
*grind- 2 rounds
turkish get ups, diamond pushups, 2 hand swings
windmills, one... arm dl, one arm rows, and squat to tricep ext
*smoker w/ finisher-2 rounds
tactical lunges, high pulls
overhead squats, kb burpeess, hand 2 hand swing
push press and star jumps
*finisher set
snatches and high pull to squat in tabata format

*Of note, the squats were butt to ground. I used an 8 kg bell for all work except the tactical lunges and one leg dl (used 12 kg), and had to lower to 10 lb on the 2nd round of get ups....there was a chance I was not going to get up at the current weight I was using.
Today is cardio and I have no idea what I want to do yet.

I completed Burn Circuit 2. I forgot we work lats in this one two. It was a great workout. The bowler lunges were so hard I think that my outer thighs were going numb lol! I feel so good after!
I guess shoes could be my prob. I haven't been wearing very supportive shoes at all. And being home most days, I am barefoot. Prob not good just after pregnancy and having flat feet! lol.

I can't wait to get back to the intensity that you guys have. Your workouts are so inspiring!

Sorry for lack of personals....gotta a hungry baby!

Excellent work you guys :)

I did not mention to you guys, today, I am wearing my fat pants and they are tighter then before....... and I have picked up a lb, hm……. I fine myself still nibbling and nibbling at night, I wake up with food crumbs in my bed:rolleyes: it is ridiculous, i know, but, I munch while watching tv at night:eek:. I am pear shape and all the extra weight that I gain it all landed on my thighs:eek: my thighs are rubbing again,:mad: I been here before:confused:

I need to address my workouts a bit different. So what am I going to do? I am going to re-visiting Cathe’s circuit dvd’s and use no more than 5 to 8 lbs for my lower body work, look out cardio here I come. What’s your thought on pear shape people?

Add-on
Maybe my thighs got bigger bc it was to soon to do leg work with heavy weights.

Last edited:
Meals were changed a little last night. I had the Mahi Mahi cooked with some organic unsweetened coconut and I made a Mexican soup from Eat Clean Cookbook which has no meat in it just beans instead ofthe original planned vegetables. Late snack was peanut butter mixied with some chocolate whey.
Today
Breakfast- oat bran with a scoop of chocolate whey, peanut butter, and almond milk.
Lunch- leftover mexican soup with a chicken breast chopped up and added
Dinner will be Turkey breast which I have in the slow cooker and veggies.
Snack- Protein shake or with some berries sometime today.

Roselyn, nice to see a picture of you. I always like putting a face with the person that I am talking too:D Neither of those Turbo Fire EZ workouts are easy. I don't really see them as easier than the others.

Maeghan, job on Burn Circuit 2. I can imagine that it is a tough one. Maybe you could get by with some good shoe inserts. I have had that kind of foot pain a few times. I was told at a New Balance store to loosen the shoe strings in the toe area and that made a difference for me. Kind of like what Lori was saying.
It is great having you back here posting:D

Theresa, those squats are low and they do touch their knees to the ground on the lunges. I don't go that low on the lunges. I use a 15lb for the turkish get up. I am better than I used to be. I always stick with the regular variation of it. That second round with the squat in it is hard. I like that workout though and it has helped me with a couple of moves I was having problems with.

Lori, I like that slide back lunge thing. I know what you mean about the puzzle mats though. I just kind of glide my feet over and don't slide. The puzzle mats are a pain sometimes. My gliding discs don't want to work so well on them either. One of the reasons sometimes I don't want to do STS with the discs. I like the moves but things don't slide. I end up pulling up my mats in a set area of the room just for the workout. My other option is to use my other workout room with carpet, but then I would have to drag the weights in there. I had wondered if those other discs with the padding on them would glide on the mats. I am afraid to spend the money only to find it does not work.

Debbie, it looks like we both did the same ab workout from Kickbox Surge today. Nice workouts. I like to do In the Ring Interval premix. I have used that one a lot. I used my cell phone to post this morning and just went to the first check in that had today's date.

Cheryl, good job getting the workouts in. I would think all of that work along with going to work would wear your health down some. It is probably wise to take it a little slower.

Teddy, sorry you didn't get your workout in. You can make it up:)

Last edited:
Meghan - I have had the tops of my feet get sore a few times, but nothing regularly. Maybe when I first started working out after a week or so off, but nothing major. Maybe it's your shoes, could they be too tight at the top? Nice job on Burn Circuit 2! Sounds like fun and you'll get back to kick butt workouts soon! The body never forgets! :cool:

Diane Sue - You had a good workout this morning, even if it wasn't as long as you wanted. I really like Amy's core work in KB Surge. I'll have to remember that premix you suggested. I'm going to write it down and put it on the DVD.

Cheryl - Sounds like you had a great workout. I don't think I've ever done that one and I have it. Is it cardio and weights or just a cardio workout?

Teddygirl - What is your workout rotation like now? I honestly think you need to concentrate more on your eating at night versus the kinds of workouts you're doing. You are kicking ass with the workouts, but the eats will always be our greatest challenge. I know, I'm there with you myself. :( Maybe make yourself a hot tea (no sugar!) while you're in bed watching TV and see if that makes the hunger pangs go away. Once you get that under control, I'm sure you'll start seeing results. :)

Lori - Love Tracey's CKBC!!! I want to do that one again soon. I'm trying not to do it too much because I don't want to get sick of it. And I know exactly what you're talking about with the rubber matts and that slide back lunge move. I can do it ok on my puzzle matts, but sometimes get stuck on them.

Theresa - :eek: Nice workout! ATG squats are KILLA!!! Nice job girl! I'm sure you are feeling that today. :D

Roselyn - LOL! I always have to laugh when someone says they've done the EZ 55. I know those workouts aren't easy! Nice job!

I wonder how Linda's doing. I hope she checks in soon.

Teddy- a few quick suggestions
1. Eats will be your biggest helper. Are you eating enough during the day or just snacking because?

2. For weights, I would think 1 total body, 1 upper to balance your upper half, and one lower plyo to slim the legs down plus 2-3 days of cardio

Deb-honestly I have worn my running shoes for these weight wo's. I can't find my other shoes!!! I know they are here, just can't remember where they are. (We moved in January to this house). I am sure I will find them when we finish the upstairs. So, I am sure it would help if I wore them instead of the running shoes. LOL. Just weird how they hurt when I first wake up.

Theresa- ATG squats go all the way to the floor? i don't think I would like that. How is it on your knees?

Teddy- I am so there with you on the eating. I am breastfeeding, so I feel hungrier, and now with the weights! OMG. Plus, it is hard to eat the right things when I am so busy with the baby. But as she gets older, she can entertain herself a little more so I can take an extra 5 min to eat the right thing. I hope anyway!

Cheryl- really nice workout! I can't wait to get back to full on cardio workouts that don't make me wanna pass out in the first 15 minutes loL!

Roselyn- that's funny about the EZ! I am not familiar with those workouts.

DS- even tho it wasn't as long as you hoped, it sounds like a great workout. Have you ever had chicken sausage? I picked some up the other day and it is good. sodium isn't to good, but everything else looks good.

Lori- what kind of puzzle mats do you have? I have hardwood floors now downstairs. i don't think I will have enough room on the upstairs carpeted floors for step, so I will have to do it in the living room or basement, which is concrete. I know that will be a nightmare for my knees.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.