Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tuesday July 1

lcobb2

Cathlete
Good Morning Maniacs,

Tuesday morning was busy but great! I only did the first 25 minutes of Body Max since I had to be at the gym for a 5:30 & 6:30 am client. The gym was closed so I had to improvise. I got my second client on an outdoor circuit on the field and it was so great that I decided to do the same for myself after she and I were through!

2 circuits of each: bleacher runs, side lunges, step ups; run 2x around field; firewalkers (I brought my band)

The I went in the gym and hit quads and abductors again:

5 sets Leg Extension (heavy!!) 8/8/7/7/7
ss w/
firewalkers 20/20/22/24/25 (I need a more resistant band. I'm using the grey and need to switch to black)

4 sets Sissy Squats w/plate on chest: 15/14/14/13 (last set drop set)

Have a great workout!

Laura

"The difficult periods of life provide the best opportunities to gain useful experiences and develop inner strength. " ~ Dalai Lama

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did WSFL cardio. I did 7 intervals of 60/90 on the Rebounder and then for the 20 minute segment, I did Katina Hunter's Step Party 2. A little too hard to follow the first time thru. Didn't have a real "great" workout. I had a hard time and feel fatigued. Workout was 55" and I burned 460 calories.

Have great workouts everyone.

Great workouts guys! Today I ran the hills in the hood again. Trying to get my cardio capacity back up. I ran for a total 56 minutes - and the same thing as Saturday, on some of the hills my HR was over 180 so I had to walk a bit. Total calories burned 475.

Have a great day everyone.

Got on my treadmill yesterday after work and walked 1.5 miles. Took exactly 30 minutes. Speed set at 3.0, incline of 3%. I was freezing when I got home, it was only a high of 68 yesterday once I got on my treadmill and started walking I was drenched by the time I got done.

This morning I worked Chest and Back. I decided to change the muscle groups I worked these next two weeks. Straight sets today, supersets next week.

1 minute rest between each set

[font color=indigo]CHEST[/font]
Incline Barbell Press:
85# - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***These felt good. Good weight for the reps I did.[/font]

Flat Dumbbell Flyes:
35's - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***Shoulders did well with this until the last set, then the right one started clicking.[/font]

Decline Dumbbell Press:
35's - 12/12/10
[font color=blue]***These got harder with each set.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BACK[/font]
Underhand Barbell Row:
65# - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]*** Got good range of motion with these and held the contraction for 2 counts.[/font]

One Arm Rows:
25# - 15/15/15
[font color=blue]***Haven't done these in a long time. Good weight for the reps I did.[/font]

Pullovers:
40# - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***Got a great burn here.[/font]

[font color=red]Should have done pullups but I just didn't have it in me this morning. Plus my forearms have been sore and painful and I can't help but wonder if that is the reason. I figure skipping one week, maybe two, shouldn't hurt me much.[/font]

That is all...

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Gonna do yesterday's workout today. Yesterday I switched it cuz of my working schedule (I need to stay on track to do cardio on certain days this week cuz I have to be at work earlier now) So this is what I did yesterday:

30 mins...

Traveled 4.2 miles
Speeds 9-11 mph
Burned 276 cals
Level 1

Today leg strength training and not sure about the blast moves inbetween...my neck is still screwy right now. Not sure I will be able to do deadlifts..as I am thinking that might affect my traps too much.

Great workouts everyone!!

Morning maniacs!

Boy are my bis sore!! ME does it every time if I haven't done it in a while. I have DOMS elsewhere also, but def in my arms. I have to hit the grocery store then I have a meeting with my lawyer later, then work all night. Gonna try to fit in my TM time inbetween, but that means I need to get my arse in gear!

I will bbl.

Maeghan AKA megadoo AKA Doodles AKA Sparkly

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~
~AGAIN~
5/7/08

Good Morning:D I finished my workout. I started with weights first today. I did Kelly Coffey's 30min to fitness biceps, shoulders and triceps using the low cardio(not really much of a cardio for) between, then I did the abs(burned 220calories). I then did Cathe's Super Sets Upper Blast(total weight work calories was 417. I finished off with a treadmill workout alternating fast sprints 6-8mph, and level 10-12 incline hills at 4-5mph. I went 4 miles and burned 475 calories time was 50 minutes. Total calories burned was 934.

For Kelly's workout I used 15 and 20 pound dumbbells for most
Super Sets Blasts (2 sets each)
barbell deadlifts 45#
barbell bench press 45#
dumbbell front/side raise 10#
repeat
dumbell pullovers 25#
incline flys on ball 20's
dumbell rotator cuff on ball 10#
repeat
dumbbell seated overhead press 20# db's
barbell preacher curls on ball 35#
dumbbell lying tricep extensions on ball 15# 1 set;20# 1 set
repeat
dumbbell rear and front delt raise prone on ball 5# db's
dumbbell concentration curls on ball 20#16 reps dropped to 15 both sets(thought I could push to do it, think I was fatigued from Kellys)
seesaw tricep pushups on ball no weight

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning Maniacs,

Another rest day for me. Feeling better, but not quite ready to tackle a work out. Hopefully I can do something tomorrow. I will probably just do whatever the rest of week, because I like to start rotations on Monday

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (post workout)
M3: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: Turkey taco-wrap w/moz cheese; 2 tbsp. raw almonds; peach
M5: 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese mixed w/strawberries & cream yogurt
M6: Chipolte Tilapia; salad w/Ranch yogurt dressing
M7: 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites

[font color=blue]1696 calories
60 g. fat - 32%
156 g. protein - 37%
118 g. carbs - 28%
[/font]

Not too happy with the breakdown. I need to find something else for M5. I'm REALLY sick of CC.

I did get my TM time in, be it was only 25 min. I did a very fast walk, with an incline pyramid. By the time I was half way thru, and at the highest incline, I had sweat dripping into my eyes. It was awesome!! But, alas, I have to leave. Got a meeting and then working till midnight.
There were some sweet WO's today maniacs! Have a great evening!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo AKA Doodles AKA Sparkly

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~
~AGAIN~
5/7/08

Did Butts and Guts today. Having trouble with my meals with getting enough calories and cutting down on the sweets.
Roselyn

Hello Everyone, Nice workouts.

I had a pretty good workout myself. I did GS Legs (standing) and I walked 1 hour and 45 minutes. I'm over my sis house so don't remember what weight I used but it was my norm, 6 sets of squats, 4 sets of static and front lunges, 2 sets of back lunges, 3 sets of pile and leg presses, 2 sets of deadlifts and worked calves, and out the door I went for a nice long walk:) :)

Tomorrow, I'm doing S&H chest back bi's and tri's and either CC8 or another long walk. Have a wonderful evening.

Teddygirl~

Hey Maniacs!!!

Just did my weight work today. Feeling really tired.

Squats 190# 3/8
ATG Squats 120# 3/8 (need to increase weight next time)
Deadlifts 120# 3/8 (kept it lighter due to my neck area)
Leg Extensions 85# 3/8
Firewalkers 4/16

Abs: BM2 this evening. Tomorrow I am going on bike ride and hope my neck continues to improve so I can get back into upper more.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.