Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues October 2

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

I slept 'till 4 yet again. No motivation to work out. I wish I'd snap out of this.

Off to do some spinning and maybe some intervals on the Rebounder and possibly yoga.

Be back later.

Good Morning, I am going to attempt to shove the dog out of the way and get in some exercise in a little while. I need some yoga or stretching. It is supposed to rain hear this afternoon. It will not be fun going for puppy outings.
BBL

Lora, I tried my Dream On bath bomb yesterday. It smelled really nice.. I am going to try Sex Bomb today:) I hope you can get your motivation back.

Debbie, how are you doing? I am sure you will get your workouts back on track. You are such a motivation to me.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

This morning started supersets. I was stupid and used the same amount of weights I used last week. I ended up injuring my left wrist. It's hurting now but only when I twist it a certain way. Got real nauseated at the end of the workout and I'm not feeling too great right now. Stress is wreaking havoc on my body. I am gaining my appetitie back, though.

[font color=indigo]Back/Chest[/font]
1:30 min. rest between each superset
Wide Grip Pullups: 7/6/5
superset w/
Barbell Bench Press:
115# - 6
105# - 8/8
[font color=blue]***Felt really strong here. I should have used 105# for then entire 3 sets but even so, this felt really good.[/font]

Barbell Rows:
75# - 10/10/10 (up 2 reps each set)
superset w/
Decline Dumbbell Flyes:
35's - 10/10/10
[font color=blue]***I liked this combo, it felt good. [/font]

Pullovers:
45# - 10/10/10
superset w/
Incline Dumbbell Press:
40's - 8
35's - 8/8
[font color=blue]***This is where I had trouble. With the 2nd set I did the pullovers and then went to do the incline press with 40's and could not get them into position. My wrist gave out and I ended up dropping the weight on the floor. I yelled out an explicit word and used 35's. LOL![/font]

I was going to work abs because this workout was so short but just didn't have it in me. I was wiped out by the end of these sets. I'm feeling better now but I honestly thought I was going to throw up. I got real dizzy too and I know that is because I haven't been eating.

Diane Sue - Not too good but healing. Thanks for your kinds words.

I ended up doing Spinning -Cardio Spin - Interval Ride. I actually was only planning on doing 30" and then going up to do another 30" on the Rebounder but I practiced standing longer on the standing climb intervals and went to a real place of "mental toughness" and actually did surprisingly well on the climbing today and had a great intense workout. Workout was 56" with cool down and I burned 415 calories. I then finished with Gaiim Pilates Ring workout (skipping the upper body on it) 30" and then did Yogafit for Cyclists - After Ride Stretch 6" and Ravi & Ana's Yoga Quick Fixes - Headache Helper 6". Wanted to do more yoga...but it was getting late...so I'll try and fit in some Classical Stretch or yoga later (hopefully).

Diane Sue - how on earth did you take a bath? Aren't you camping?

Deb - hope things are better soon for you.

Have great workouts everyone.

[font color =purple size=3]Morning Maniacs! Hoping to go on another bike ride today. The weather is changing so fast that I know that soon the bike will be put up for the winter (whine!). My weight workouts have been nill. I'm going through that "I'm getting way to huge" thing I go through on occasion. I feel linebackerish and I hate that feeling. All my shirts are uncomfortable. Anyone else ever go through this? I have that fine line of upperbody size I like. I guess I need to get out Slim Series again. That seems to tone down the muscles a bit.[/font]

Deb- Hope your wrist is ok!

Diane Sue- Oh the joys of a big dog in heat! You need to buy one of the diaper thingys that Carma wears.:)

Lora-I just can't believe how you can never ever miss a workout! Even in times of stress! Good luck in the job search.

Anne- Sorry you've been sick. Hope you are feeling better. Must be from all the stress of the new Salon.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif [font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Dallys - I was just wondering if you were out of town or something. I missed you on the check in the last few days...unless I'm blind. Have fun riding while the weather is still nice. I was just wondering if you really stand on hill climbs when you ride in "real life"? What happened to TT? Did you not like it? Re: being too big.....on my upper body, I don't think I'll ever get there. I like muscles and definitely want more muscle than my ectomorph upper body can produce. My shirts seem to get tighter all of the time...but mostly in the one's that I have in a medium. I generally buy a large cuz I hate when things feel tight in my lats and shoulders. My lats seem to always cause more problems with bra size than tops (if you know what I mean....LOL) and my shoulders are naturally very broad....so I usually need the extra room in a top. Good for you though getting enough muscle on top! Maybe some day, I will.

I finished my workout. I started with Slim in Six tone it up and used 8# dumbbells and my jolie shoe weights throughout, then I did Turbo Jam Booty Sculpt + abs skipping the w/up, finished with 25 minutes of Rainbeau's Yoga Dawn. I am off to bathe and clean up the trailer.

Lora, we are camping but have a tub in our trailer. I did cut the bath bomb in half for the tub because it is a small tub:)

Debbie, that is good you are getting your appetite back. So sorry you are having problems. Take care of yourself.

Dallys, I checked and their are no pet places that I could find close to get doggie diapers. We went to a small home depot and picked up some outdoor mats to cover the carpet. With the runner we already have and the puppy's bedding everything is covered and cleanable. Was totally unexpected.

Diane Sue In an emergency like you are in (can't imagine camping and getting this surprise). Just put her in a pair of mens underwear (tighty whitey boxer type)...Tail fits right through the hole.:) At least that will keep it somewhat cleaner in the trailer. Might not want to take her out in public that way though.;)

Lora I've had company all weekend and never got my turn on the computer. I'm loving the TT workouts! I'm just feeling all puffy and big and uncomfortable in my body. LOL! I don't know what's up with me. I go through this every year at least once. It's all mental.:+

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif [font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

Lora - Great going on your workout this morning. I can't believe you still get up at 4 a.m. when you don't have too.

Dallys - LOL! I love going through that "I'm getting too huge" feeling! I thrive for it! My smalls are way tight on me and I love it!!! :) My wrist hurts like hell. I hope I can curl on Thursday.

Diane Sue - Great workout! And I am doing better. Thanks! :)

Hello Ladies!

Well, this morning I slept a little longer than I would have liked (hmmm...is this becoming a trend?). So I only had time for 55 minutes on the bike. I did nothing spectacular, just a steady state spin. Worked up a sweat, averaged 16.9mph - which is easy to do because I have no wind resistance and no hills if I have it set on a flat course. I felt too tired to do a Cardio Coach. And I went to bed early. Lazy, lazy me.

Lora - Looks like you snapped right out of your "no motivation to work out". GREAT workout girl! I wish I had your lack of motivation. :p You continue to amaze me every single day.

Diane Sue - What a great workout you got in today. Who would know you were in a trailer on vacation??? Such dedication. You are such an inspiration. Sorry you are dealing with a dog in heat. What timing!

Debbie - You also had a great workout. Especially considering you've been under stress and not eating. I'm glad your appetite is coming back. Take it easy on that wrist. I hope things continue to look up for you.

Dallys - I know what you mean. I get that same way too - I don't like to look too big. It makes me feel fat. I guess it's my ballerina background. :p Enjoy your ride. My bike is seeing less and less of the outdoors. It's so dark in the mornings and in the evenings by the time I get home. On the weekends we've had 20mph winds and you KNOW how much I like to ride in the wind. :)

Have a GREAT day everyone!!!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

>
>Dallys - LOL! I love going through that "I'm getting
>too huge" feeling! I thrive for it! My smalls are way tight
>on me and I love it!!! :) My wrist hurts like hell. I hope I
>can curl on Thursday.
>

See, and I like snug, yet, slightly loose fitting shirts and when they get tight I panic! I have a hard time setting up bench with 30's so I can't imagine how hard 40's would be. I'm sure one would land right on my throut or something and kill me. Makes you wonder if a barbell is safer. We need spotters really.

Good afternoon ladies. I am new here. Great workouts everyone! :7

Here is last night's Chest/Back routine:

[font color=purple]Chest Press: [/font]12x55lbs, 12x50lbs, 12x55lbs

[font color=purple]DB Incline Press: [/font]12x10lb DB's, 12x15LB DB's, 10x15LB DB's
I am really glad to have DB presses in my routine. I love these :)

[font color=purple]Cable Fly: [/font]3x15x20lbs
This is the first time I have done this exercise

[font color=purple]Assisted Chins [/font]3x12x140lbs
This was hard! :eek: Tim the trainer helped alot on this, so I will probably need more weighted assistance next week. :p On this exercise, the less weight you use, the more you do the work.

[font color=purple]Cable Rows: [/font]115x40lbs, 2x15x30lbs
I am using a different machine than before, and it's easier to use (with the V-bar)

[font color=purple]Low Back Extension: [/font]13x15x180 lbs
I love this exercise. It is so relaxing! :p

Have a nice day ladies!

Penney (aka IronIc)

Penney - SO GLAD YOU JOINED US! Everyone, Penney is a very good friend of mine and I invited her to join us! She is a true motivation and has excelled at weight training and getting herself fit! WELCOME MY FRIEND!!! Excellent workout too!

Suz - Thank you Suz! I am feeling much better today but wrist is really bothering me. :(

Welcome Penney!

DS--the thought of your 'big' dog wearing a pair of mens 'tightie whities' with her tail sticking through the hole is hilarious!:+
(Dallys what a suggestion:7 )

Lora- it is amazing that you get up so early!

Deb- glad you're feeling a little better;-)

My workout today was Kick/Punch of KPC (37min)
Coremax #3 (20min)
Vinyasa Stretch (8min)

Everyone have a great day

Penney - I pm'd you on here, not sure you know how to get pm's here but at the top of this checkin you click on "top" and it will take you to the main page of this forum. Right there you should see a little flat that says you have a message at the top. Click on it and it will take you to your mailbox.

Hey Again! Finished up work and will be going to lunch soon with mom and sister. I have a hunch they'll all want to go to the Macaroni Sin Palace and I will not touch the bread and oil! I won't!

Penney So nice to have you here! I read your workout and knew you were a Maniac! Glad Debbie invited you over. I have a sister named Penny.:)

Suz I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from on the "getting to big" front. Must be the ballerina in me too.:p
I also know you feel my pain in skipping the bread at the Sin Palace!

Char 2ish is usually my workout time. Right after lunch when I get the major lazies! LOL!

Lisa Hey! Those "tighty whiteies" work wonders for these type of emergencies! Trust me, I know these things. ROFL!

I cleaned the trailer, soaked in a bath bomb and did a mini facial. Lay down to read and had a nap. Guess I will walk the dog again and work on some tax stuff or scrapbooking.

Penney, welcome to the check in. You got in some great weights there:) Good workout. Do you workout at a gym with a trainer?

Lisa, I bet if they were tighty whiteys maybe they would blend with the white dog with black spots. I doubt I could get them on her. As soon as I approach with something new she will be trying to get out of my way. LOL

Dallys, I remember when you had a picture of your dog in the undies LOL Somehow I don't see my dh wanting the dog to wear his undies or Puddle letting me put them on her. Glad I have lots of paper towel and Oxy carpet cleaner. Very little carpet is exposed though. I am sure this will last till after we get home.

Wow, it's busy here today. :) Such a nice change.

Debbie - I'm sorry about your wrist. What a bummer! You lift such monster weights so I hope it will heal up for you quickly. And I must say with all this talk Dallys and I are having about muscles, I love the way your muscles look on YOU! :)

Penney - WELCOME!!! Great workout! Gosh, another one who does fancy posts. It seems to take me so long. What is my problem???

Char - Great to see you, hot momma!

Lisa - Very nice workout. :7

Dallys - You are some kind of saint if you can skip the bread at the Macaroni Sin Palace. I could NEVER. :9

Diane Sue - Sounds like you're having fun. Except for the tax stuff. Ick!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Penney - Welcome to our checkin! I'm sure you will both inspire us and be inspired! These ladies are all awesome.

Diane Sue - My Mizuno's came. I think they are 1/2 size too small. I've requested a larger size. Not sure if I'm going to be able to get used to this rock hard sole on them. My bunion seems to be aggravated wearing them around the house, but I can tell how much they help my overpronation and PF so far just from the short amount of time I've worn them.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.