Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues March 25

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did my new CIA with Gay Gasper - All Cardio Step. Workout was 54" and I burned 436 caloires. It took me a while to get my HR up with this, but I did towards the middle to end of the workout. This was also a bit hard to follow with no breakdown of steps and moderately complex in nature. Gay usually does a better job with breakdown, etc. I had to do my own version of a step here and there, was one step behind her and on the wrong foot a lot...but I really worked the athletic combo towards the end and ended up with a somewhat decent workout. My face was beet red at the end.....so it must have been okay.

Diane Sue - Yes, I bought the entire CIA collection so I have the one with Sharon. I was going to do it this morning, but did Gay's instead cuz I wanted to see how hard it was for me to pick up the coreography. I did preview Sharon's and it looks good. Lots of athletic style moves similar to her other cardio. The music is not as good as last years on these CIA's though. I think Amy's CIA one is more Hi/Lo than it is kickbox...but there is an all kickbox premix option. I'm looking forward to In the Ring a little more than the CIA one cuz I'm in need of more low impact/high intensity workouts.

Toasty - I was wondering if you have any AC/DC on CD? I only have AC/DC on albums ....never did purchased CDs. If you have Back in Black and Live Wire.....maybe I could persuade you to burn them for me?? I can send you some BPAL samples in return??

I'm wondering if I should do a recovery week coming up soon. I've been moderately sore from my weight workouts and it hasn't seemed to totally go away and I'm not sure if that's good or bad?? I suppose I could do a functional fitness week coming up soon.

Hi Guys!!
Sorry iv'e been MIA I got caught off gaurd speaking to some of the roadtripers I went with. I'm still lifting heavy less cardio that is whats keeping me with good results. Yesterday I did 4DS legs and gym style standing legs ouch!! I'm fried!
Lora I was actually looking at the new CIA and was thinking about getting them. Let me know how you like them:) How are your workouts coming along? I finally figured out how to do an avatar. That pic I took was on Saturday. I'm so proud of myself LOL!
Today 4DS chest tris LIC abs and cardio.
RAndi

Good Morning, I woke with a headache but it is finally letting up. I am going to do Kickbox today. Then Amy's Slo Mo one of the upperbody in the 3 day split.

Lora, I had read that Amy's had a lot of Hi/Lo in it. I really enjoy her hi/lo but would like the Kickbox Option if I were to use it as an add on to a KB workout. I have my shipping notice from Amy's so am just waiting. From what I understand Sharons is more cardio this time. I too am looking forward to In the Ring.

Randi, good to have you back. Sounds like you are doing great with your workouts:) I like your avatar.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

I am gonna do Step Kickboxing today. Never did this one before. My weight is 120. Lost a pound, but GOSH..my pants are so dang tight on me..feels like I weigh alot more then that, but Auntie is here too.

Lora,

No problem. I have Back in Black. Don't have Live Wire though. I'll just burn what I have for you. Send me your addy.

Well, it would have been so easy to just stay in bed this morning since this week is technically my rest week. But I dragged my sorry butt out of bed and did cardio. I chose Cardio Coach #7 and did really well until I felt a pinch in my back about 40 minutes into the workout. I tried to keep going but it was getting worse so I stopped and stretched it out. It feels ok now. Weird. I'm bummed because I had some major energy this morning. Oh well, I guess 45 minutes is better then nothing.

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]45 minutes
36 minutes in zone
293 calories burned
3 miles travelled
[/font]

Lora - I highly recommend a recovery week. You really do need one.

Debbie,

Still a very nice workout! How does your back feel now? I am gonna workout today and then tomorrow and then take a 2 day break before I start your rotation. When you get the chance, please send it my way.
[email protected]

Thanks!

Char - When are you planning to start my rotation? I don't even have it laid out yet since I'm not starting until Saturday. My back feels fine now. That was really weird.

I finished my cardio. I started with Turbo Jam Punch Kick and Jam stopped at the tubing and did Kicken Core then went back and did the tubing, (no str) then I did Amy's Kickbox Ex bonus bag two times. I am going back to do Slo Mo Chest, Bis, and tris in a few minutes. Had a couple of things to do and needed a light snack before I lift weights. Had a boiled egg and a few raisins. That ought to perk me up LOL

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I haven't worked out yet, I didn't last night either. I had a sick daughter. So, I took care of her.

I'm planning on my w/o to be a good one, because I'm really missing it!!! I would like to add some cardio with it, but by the time I life I'm too exhausted to do anything else. We'll see.

Debbie - you go girl, insteady of climbing back in bed you worked out anyway. Great determination!

Charlotte - Which step kickboxing are you doing? I really need to do some cardio soon, gotta get these 8lbs off of my body. The weights have been helping me with that too, very pleased but have a ways to go still.

Hi Randi, Lora and Diane Sue...and to anyone else that follows!

Morning-
Did P90X Plyos today. Still have the cold. Now both boys are sick. At least they had a great easter.

Lora- You can do an active rest week. Cardio only with a light total body functional fitness once. Also, you can do power yoga as well. I never take a day off from working out when I'm sore. I do cardio the next day. Try doing cardio 5 or 6 days and do one functional body training then the next week go back to your routine?

Toasty- I still have to email you. I can't believe you go that fast on the elliptical! I'm about to puke after 5 min doing 7 mph on the ell.

I can't remember anything else up there..... My brain is officially dead from this cold. Anyway, hope everyone has a great day. Take care!

Linda- Did you get my email from I think thursday?

Lisa

Morning,

Quick check in, as I’m just getting to workx( x(

This morning I did Imax 2 and KM (arm & leg drill)

Debbie: Thank you:)

Randi: You are a cutie nice pic;)

As Arnold would say I’ll be back

Morning all -

I did the P90X plyo workout today. I was pleased that I was able to keep up with no problems, being the first time I have done this workout.

Char - Lisa - thanks for recommending the plyo workout. I do enjoy the intense cardio.

Debbie - I am little sore from yesterday- starting the rotation you emailed me. Should I be more sore? I don't have a rack and had a little bit of a hard time getting the weights up - I may try using the bow flex for the workout tomorrow. I am trying to talk my husband into letting me sell the bowflex on Craig's list and then by a rack or smith machine.

I have been waking up in the middle of the night and then stressing about work - and not being able to get back to sleep. That is a bummer.

Thanks everyone - have a wonderful day!

Sandy,

I forget. Step Kickboxing...not sure if Amy or some other chic. I am absent minded sometimes.

Diane Sue,

Are you feeling better today after all the holiday food from yesterday? Nice workouts as usual. Your like a machine.

Lisa,

I just got rid of the perfumes. I gave them to my dd's friend that came over. Not sure you would have liked them much anyways. Most were sweet, and you said you didn't like sweet stuff, and they were light in scent too. BTW, I listen to some good tunes while on elliptical..helps me go faster. I have the remote for the Bose in hand so when a slow song comes on..I switch it quick to something fast and crazy. lol

Ally,

Isn't Plyo's the best???? It is fun and you get such a nice calorie burn too. Glad you liked it.

Teddygirl,

Killer workout!

Afternoon Maniacs,

Today was cardio and I did CC #2 revised. This was the first time I did this one, thought I had done it already then realized all I had was the original, so I went out and got this one. The workout was 40 minutes, traveled 3.33 miles, average HR 156 and 556 calories burned. I didn't repeat any of the challenges this time, I was tired by the end.

Great workouts as usual everyone!

Debbie - Happy to hear your back is okay!

Lisa - Yeas I got that email and I will get back to you soon. Sorry to hear you and the boys are sick! Hope you feel better real soon!

Linda

Toasty- That's ok. I had a feeling you got rid of them. I also felt I most likely won't like them. I'm not fond of candy/sweet scents on me. It turns to baby powder quickly. My favs. are Cleo May and Macchu Picchu. Get A LOT of compliments on those two. I'd love to listen to my hard rock stuff while working out but the problem is I don't want my son(s) to listen to the music I listen to. Wouldn't want them to burn their brain cells so early. LOL Although my 4 yrs old loves Godsmack and Nickelback. Not sure if I like that from him. LOL

Linda- Nice calorie burn!

Has any one heard from Megadoo? It's been while since she posted. Hope she's doing ok.

Later, gators!

Lisa

Nice workouts everyone!!! Woo hoo!!!

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M2: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: Turkey patty; 2 tbsp. walnuts
M4: 3/4 c. plain yogurt w/ Banana Nut Bread BSN
M5: Potato Cod; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M6: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1615 calories
49 g. fat - 27%
146 g. protein - 36%
153 g. carbs - 38%
[/font]

I finished Slo Mo and went heavier on most of the exercises than Amy. I forgot how tough these workouts are. When I was finished I did Flexible Warrior Yoga swim segment and Cathe's basic stretch.

Charlotte, I still am moving kind of slow. I think it is the cold I have. I coughed so much last night that I made spasms in one side of my neck and I had a massive headache when I woke up. I took some Excedrin and it eased up. I am doing ok now but tired. I was awake at 4am trying to will myself back to sleep:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Eatery:
M1: 2 quiches made with egg white shrimp and broccoli w/ ½ grits
M2: ½ c turkey chili w/6 whole wheat cracker
M3::turkey burger w/red leaf spinach, ff cottage cheese, pineapple, croutons (about to eat m3, I'm late today)
M4: whey protein w/ string cheese
M5: not sure ???

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.