Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday Dec 10

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did 35 minutes of Kelly Coffey's Step Boxing followed by 30 minutes of Gliding aerobics with Mindy. I did the ab segment with the gliding discs and the ab segment from Kelly's (without weights - as I'll probably work abs again tomorrow). This came to about 1 hour and 20 minutes and I burned 440 at the end of the cardio and 480 calories at the end of the ab segment.

I also did Tilak Pyle's Altar of the Heart (70").

Just checked the Job Section in the paper and there's a Real Estate Secretary opening, Legal Secretary and Front Desk Reception for Dental Office that I'm going to send resumes to. Never worked in any of those fields......but I can always learn (I hope - with the few brain cells I have left!).

Have great workouts or rest days. I'm going to eat breakfast and get in the tub. We might go see that movie Holiday today.

Good Morning Maniacs!!

Today is Core Syngeristics. Hope I spelled that right. I have only done the ab work only from this. I know the rest looks challenging.

Lora,

Very good calorie burn. You have some good experience under your belt. I am sure you will find something very good. Keep confident.

Diane Sue,

We have been taking our dogs with us when we show our home. We haven't had anyone else look at our home in about a month or longer. Really slow here. I sometimes go to the park or I will run to the grocery store while they are in truck and just wait some. There were a few days I left them at home in their kennel, but Speck is a barker and she can be very loud even though she is so small.

Charlotte~~

Charlotte - have you seen the Chili Peppers Hey Oh Snow Video yet? I love that song.

Diane Sue - is there any way you can think of for me to be able to do my Barry's Bootcamp and work my legs 3 times a week also. It's broken into these parts: Shoulders and Back, Chest and Abs, Butt and Legs, and Arms and Abs. There is also a Total body workout...but it's using body weight only so I have to modify alot of the pushups....therefore, I don't think it's that effective for a "total body" workout for me and more like a chest workout. Makes me mad too...cuz Barry leads this one and it's Barry's workout. The weight segments in each DVD are about 40 minutes give or take a few minutes. Any ideas?

Lora, you will find something. You are experienced, energetic and fit. When they meet you , you will surely get the job.Office is an office. You will have little to learn. You know computers and the programs. You will be fine. If you don't they will come easily to you.
Today is GS chest ans tri, abs and 30 min cardio. I am throwing the abs in .
1st is tree putting up x the work out x then pierogee making x then shopping x.
DD wants a camcorder. I already bought them a stove. I am trying to decide whether to give her an x-mas bonus or buy her a camcorder. What do you think?
We had a wompin day yesterday. I have to go pick up some supplies.I told her if we could get it up to this every day she would be makin alot more money.....LOL...It will come. I am getting her weaned in slowly.Everyone is seeing what she can do.She has really gained confidence in the last few months..
Well, off to the basement in a few...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Good morning,
Today is a rest day for me. We will be looking at houses this afternoon.

Suz, we have the dogs a large aquarium and a rabbit. I am leaving the rabbit and fish we people look LOL.

Charlotte, I think my dogs would bark like crazy and the people wouldn't be able to hear each other talk. They knew someone had been in our house. They went crazy when we got home barking and searching the house for the strangers.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Had a great full body workout this morning. Lifted my heaviest today and I feel great even though I pulled a muscle in my shoulder trying to get into position for incline rows. I stopped, rubbed it out until the pain went away and I feel like new right now. Hopefully the knot won't come back. This is what I did:

Superset #1 - 3 sets/5 reps
Flat BB Chest Press: 100#
One Arm Rows: 42# (need 45's!) (decided not to do the incline rows)

Superset #2 - 3 sets/5 reps
Squats: 110#
DB Overhead Shoulder Press: 25's for 2 sets and went up to 27's for 3rd set (I can't believe how easy these were!)

Superset #3 - 3 sets/5 reps
Barbell Curls - 60# (haven't seen this weight since the 1990's!)
DB Overhead Tricep Extension: 44#

Then I did an ab medly twice:
Decline situps w/10# - 20 reps
Hip lifts w/3# ankle weights - 10 reps
Hip lifts w/3 # ankle weights w/oblique twist - 20 reps
1 minute plank holds

Workout was 52 minutes, was in the zone for 25 minutes and burned 222 calories.

Lora - Good luck with finding a job. I'm sure you won't have any problems finding something you like.

Have a great workout everyone!

Hey!

I'm heading to church - a different one. My friend's daughters are in a Christmas program and invited all of her cycling buddies. Awww...how cute. :)

Lora - GREAT workout! Those jobs sound promising. We're all pulling for you! You'll find something much better without all that stress.

Char - Hooooooooold it! I have today down as a rest/stretch day (of which I was going to do Stretch X). Whasss up girl???? What rotation are YOU doing? :p

Storm - My friend bought her DD and SIL a camcorder on sale at Circuit City for Christmas. Maybe they're still on sale?

Diane Sue - What? The fish don't get an afternoon out? :) Did you happen to see my question about which weighted gloves are good ones to get? I need some for Kenpo X since my HR was low, low, low.

Debbie - GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY!!!!!!!! You are one strong Momma! Why is it that I can do so many boy pushups but my "free" bench press sucks? I'm not AS bad on Smith machine, but Holy Scapoli I could never do a fraction of what you do. Awesome workout.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hercules (Debbie),

May I ask what song you listen to??? GOSH! I was feeling unmotivated this morning (got stuff on my mind) and well, here I am and reading this you just did...well YOUR AN ANIMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your smokin' thru your workouts like no tomorrow. Proving something to yourself, aren't ya? You want something, you go get it, don't ya? You could probably bench me. I weigh 115. Then I will jump on your back and you can squat me too. he he. Way to go Debbie!

Lora,

Yeah, I just went and watched the video. The one I seen was them on stage and random people making faces and just hanging out????

Diane Sue,

Have fun looking at homes. This can be so much fun. I have to admit I did get a headache on a few ocassions. So much thinking. lol.

Anne,

Ya'll eat some weird food up there. Saukerkraut juice? Egads! I didn't know what pierogies were until I moved to PA and then discovered chipped chopped ham. Here is cloth bologna that is popular. I don't care for bologna myself.
So your tree is going up today. I am sending out a Christmas card to you on Monday. Sorry it is going out later then I wanted to.
You had a nice workout last night. Good for you. Keep it going.

Charlotte~~

Suz,

YIPEE!!! You are right. I get to rest today! I was gonna go for it though. Oh, well Debbie. Looks like Monday now. Maybe I need some caffeine this morning. Brain not working. I used hairspray and I put on some perfume..went to brain. Oops!

Charlotte~~

Good morning maniacs!
Char!!! You had me almost in tears...I am so sore there was no way core syn was bringing it with me today, then I got down to Suz's post and felt much better. Core was the only dvd I did prior to starting this program. And I had some major DOMS from that already!

Guys, I am really sore from head to toe...calves..stairs pain. I took some motrin..I think that will be the only way to get through stretchx. Alright, I'm done whining.

I had two margies last night..I slept really well.

I went to Dick's and found a yoga kit...it came with a mat, block and strap! Yeah, they only had one style of chin up bar there, the spring loaded kind. I'm not even sure that would hold me up.

DS- good luck with the sale.

What's with everyone makiing peiroggies!! I love them, but they are pretty carb sinful. Is that a christmastime tradition?

Time to make the pancakes...Dh's boys love them.

Have great workouts everyone.

Amber

Amber,

The first time I did the ab work from Core, I felt like someone punched in my my stomach. I was so sore and I wondered if I ate something bad too. First time doing banana rolls and superman..I think that is what did it. Stretched me like no tomorrow there. My body was like...wth??? I will never forget it. I still have DOMS in my butt and then had to do the kickboxing yesterday. Boy, was that something. I only ended up feeling the DOMS more later yesterday. lol. I am really looking forward to tomorrows workout now. Now that Debbie has fired me up too!

Charlotte~~

Sometimes having so much experience works against me. Sometimes they want someone with less experience so that can pay them a lot less. I'm willing to take a pay cut (yet again) but last time I was looking, this Dentist wouldn't even let me take the job for $8-9 per hour cuz he said I was too qualified and he wouldn't feel right doing it and that I should look longer.

What's everyone's opinion on this job I saw: It's working the cosmetic counter at Macy's (you all know how I love makeup - and I used to always do my friends faces when I was younger). They train you to do makeovers and give skincare advice, etc. They train you on how to sell, sell, sell and you have to meet certain quotas in sales. I think I would love the job (know I would), but I'm not sure if I could get used to working weekends, evenings, etc. Also, not sure about the sales quotas. Do I even want that stress? or would I be good at it.

The only time I've ever sold stuff is when I was 17-18, I worked in a store in the mall and sold clothes....and then when I was 20, I worked in a Head Shop. The 2 guys that owned the Head Shop used to tell me that I was a natural and could sell anything to anyone!....but my DH says "Lora, it's a little different selling bongs to burners than it is selling makeup"........LOL. I guess he has a point. What are your thoughts? My Mom says "DON"T GO INTO RETAIL" -- you'll be sorry.....but I'm wondering if I might love it cuz of my passion for makeup. Who knows if they'd even hire me with limited sales experience.....except for Ebay!!

Lora..Hey there woman, try it! My sister worked at the Elizabeth Arden counter through grad school, she loved it and she had absolutely no retail sales experience. She hates to give sales pitches but it didn't matter, pretty much the makeup sells itself. She got tons of free stuff and even won a trip to Hawaii for both her and her husband. I say go for it, you never know until you try. Your cracking me up with the bongs to burners...

Char, boy you are right about core syn, I really felt it through the entire body, even my legs. We don't have to do that again I think until the recovery week.

My butt is still really sore too, right in the center which means I'm working a muscle that doesn't usually get worked, it has to be from the legs/back then kenpo the next day.

Ok, boys went to the gym, which is my cue to bring it!

amber

Hey Crazy Maniacs! I'm going to do the CTX series for the rest of the month. I think this will be good as it will give me some cardio everyday to burn off goodies that might accidently end up in my mouth and one body part a day will be good because I'm very busy the next few weeks and I don't feel as much stress thinking of only one body part to do.:)

Diane Sue- I copied your CTX workouts sheets. Do you store/save info. on your computer or do you print out and save on paper?

Enjoy your rest days all you P90Xers. So the STRETCHX! It's a good one. Kinda yoga-ee in a way, but not as hard as YogaX.

Hi Everyone Else.

off to the basement...

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Lora,

I think you would do very well in sales! Selling is your thing, that is for sure!!! You are the one that got me hooked on bpal and then villainess. You can sell anything. Have fun and go with your heart.

Charlotte~~

Hi All,

Liked x-stretch, was perfect.

Did you catch the "toasty" comment..thought of Char. Damn that girl in the back is so flexible! I love the kenpo hamstring stretch..beautiful.

BBL , hoping to post my pix.

Amber

Morning Ladies:

Today was a debate in my mind whether I would do my group bike ride or StretchX. Chose StretchX as I really want to see what resting will do for my body. I liked this DVD a lot. Felt good as I woke up really stiff, still have DOMS in the glutes from Legs & Back, upper body still sore maybe from the Backwork that day or KenpoX yesterday. Anyway, I felt like I had layers of DOMS so stretching sounded really good.

Lora, you burned a ton of calories this morning. Wow! I know you will find something soon and yes, I think you could sell those ice cubes to the Eskimos.

Charlotte, I wondered what the heck rotation you were on with Core Synergistics? Aren't you glad it's a rest day? I sure was. Loved the stretch today. I think I'm going to get some weighted gloves to get a little more out of KenpoX. Like Suz, I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for weighted gloves.

Anne, good workout for you. Glad business is good. Sounds like the stomach bug is gone too.

Diane Sue, enjoy your rest day. Have fun looking at houses.

Deb, you are so good at putting the weight work together. Your rotations are wonderful. Thanks for posting them. I recommend them to other people.

Suz, hope you had a nice time at the different church today. I struggled with not doing the bike ride today, but glad I ended up doing StretchX. Hope you like it. My hamstrings are soooo tight. I really need to do yoga or stretch more often. How's the eating going? I totally porked out last night with Mom's birthday party. DH made buttered popcorn for everyone, I made and ate apple cake and my sister brought pecan pie bars. Totally bad, but I've recovered and doing okay today.

Amber, I was sore today too. I do feel like layered on DOMS. Must be getting some major muscle confusion going on here. My butt is still sore and I'm thinking KenpoX really did more than I thought it was doing.

Dallys, I love CTX, short effective cardio but good weight work. That endurance weight work is a killer for me.

Got to go get busy. We cut our Christmas tree yesterday. It was fun. Need to get it set up, start making some lists.

Jeanette

Lora,

And another thing, at least you live in a more populated area. I would have to drive 1 hour to work at the mall, etc. I could always flip greasy processed gunk at McD's anytime I want. I would need ALOT of perfume to cover up the grease smell.

Netta,

So you did Stretch X? I did nothing except for walk the dog for 6 miles. I HAD to get out of the house. I am gonna ride my bike tomorrow as soon as it warms up. Suppose to be 60 degrees and then do the core work.

Charlotte~~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.