Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday Sept 4

lorajc

Cathlete
Good Morning Fitness Ladies -

This morning I woke up feeling under the weather (I have had laryngitits for a week and now it feels like it's turning into a chest cold), but my rotation called for P90X Chest & Back and Ab Ripper X...so the hard-headed person I am, I did Chest & Back and I subbed Mindy's All About Abs with the med ball. Then I went down and fast walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes with a few run sprints towards the end - followed by 50 minutes of Flow Yoga: The Karma Project.

Adri - Little Miss Sunshine is and independent film that was released in limited release a few weeks ago and has been doing so well by word-of-mouth that it became released all over. It's a movie about a dysfunctional family - suicdal uncle, drug addicted grandpa, Mom, Dad and a little girl that drive to California to enter their little daughter in the Little Miss Sunshine Contest. Along the way, all sorts of bizzare things happen and it's hilarious. Everyone can find humor in one or more of the charcters (and identify with them) and it's done very well. I had a good laugh (which I really needed in light of current events).

Diana Sue - I've been thinking about what you said about overstretching muscles and you've got me thinking. I've had a nagging inner thigh pull that won't seem to go away on my left side (left side not as flexible as my right side) but I keep thinking it just needs stretched out more, so I keep trying to go deeper into my poses on the left....and maybe I should be backing off. I'm gonna try to back off of my left side and see if it gets better.

I was just watching the news about that Crocodile Hunter, Steve Erwin. It's very sad that he was killed in a freak accident. A sting ray pierced his heart while swimming. I feel bad for his poor family. I liked him cuz I'm an animal lover.

Charlotte - I know you haven't been around, but if you read this.....get Les Bijoux (the Love Potion - musk, honey, rose, peach, apple, frankincense and myrh). It's new. I just got a bottle and it's "to die for". I've seen others that really like it too...so I think you might. I'm gonna have to get a second bottle.

Have great workouts everyone. I'm off to soak in the tub. I'll be back later.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday was my rest day and day before (Saturday) rode bike with my son. Today will be strength training so I will get back again when I am done. Today I will be challenged to go up in my weights...rut ro. lol

Lora,

I tried Forbidden Fruit last night. On me, it smells nice and according to others it does too so that surprised me. Overall, the smells are o.k., nothing earthshaking though. The oils are strong. You only need a micro speck on. Just me and son home today. DH has to work and so does dd. I need to clean today. So far no one else has come to see our home in a few weeks so dh and I are slowly getting into a funk about this. DH is not feeling well. I hope you are feeling better today, Lora.

I just heard about Steve Irwin. He is so young. That is just terrible. His job was very dangerous. Always crossing the line with stuff he would do, but I didn't think this would happen. My son will be sad when I tell him.

Hope you all sweat so hard you have to shower 5 times today! Have great workouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlotte~~

Good morning maniacs.
I can't believe the crocodile hunter died.
He always freaked me out. I would be in awe with the things he did.
Lori take it easy on those muscles, you don't want to hurt yourself.

I have chest and tri on the menu for today. The leg doms kicked in last night. Can't imagine how i would feel with 70 + lb squats and lunges. Maybe someday....
Spent the day playing with the grandson. He is definitely all boy.
Climber.

Have great w/o's today.
Anne
http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Good Morning,
Yesterday was a rest day. I did do Amy Bento' abs#1 off of abs and stretch though. I found it interesting with the standing moves. I like doing something different. I have no real plan yet. I am thinking of sticking to some circuits and shorter total bodies 3 times a week but on each of those days pick a couple of body parts and do some heavier weight work. I may change my mind though:) Today is a free day (no grandchildren) and tomorrow school is out so I have two of them all day. I spent yesterday at church and a family birthday party for my dd. We played games and had spaghetti and brownies. I ate salad and brownies:9 DD doesn't care for cake so I made brownies and decorated them.

Lora, yes try lightening up on the stretches. It sure could not hurt anything. I hope you get to feeling better. That is good you enjoyed the movie. I know when I feel like I am in a funk a good laugh can always help:)

Charlotte, I hope you find a buyer for your house soon. I hate those unsure things. I am sure you will get in some awesome weight increases today.

Anne, I always enjoy playing with my grandchildren. Last night I had to finish up dinner and play wheel of fortune with my 8 year old grandson. Then the rest of us played games together:)

Hi to everyone,
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Well...I soaked in the tub...and my sciatica is flaring just from those 3 little sprints on the treadmill!! Err....that makes me so mad and Plyo X is on the rotation for tomorrow!!! I guess I'll be modifying on the rebounder.

Charlotte - I've been meaning to ask you -- what does your husband do for a living? He travels a lot? I thought you sold your house already. I'm confused. By the way, I'm wearing Phantom Calliope today and it's a lot stronger wearing than testing. I think I might like Carnival Diabolique best so far.....Phantom Calliope needs to mellow a bit. I'm also falling in love with Genivre and Midnight on the Midway...but have only tested. I will wear them over the next couple days. I can never judge an oil by testing cuz you don't get a true feel for it until you've worn it all day and you go thru all of the stages of the drydown...and how it reacts with your body. I think you will love Les Bijoux!! It's great...although I've only tested it, but I'm pretty sure I'll love it.

I should probably go have some tea with honey but the honey has 60 calories that I don't need.......especially since I was a bad PMSing girl and stopped at the chocolate store yesterday for Marshmallow cups and choc covered cherries. Why does chocolate make me so happy? Probably cuz it releases dopamine in your brain!!

We've decided to go to another movie today! We're going to Wicker Man with Nicolas Cage.

Morning Maniacs!
I got up late todayx(10:00!! O well I went to bed at 12:30. Today for me is chest, back, abs, and cardio. Supposed to do a step class at the gym today but its at 6 and the gym closes at 4 since its Labor Day (o by the way happy labor day):) so I'll do like a 35 minute walk on tread.

Lora-Don't overdo it. If your feeling sick it isn't good to push it. It could make you more sick. But trust me, I'm just as stubborn as you. I would have done everything as well so I shouldn't be talking
;-)

Charlotte-Hope you enjoyed your rest day yesturday. I can't believe he died either. I used to watch his shows on Animal Planet all the time}( My mom was accually afraid of him. She hated it when he stuck his hand somewhere and said "OUCH!!" then "just kidding" my mom would jump:p anyway...

Anne-have fun w/ Chest and Trics today.

Diane Sue-Hope you have a good rest day! Salads and brownies go good togather ha:p

Hi to everyone else! Hope you have good workouts!

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Charlotte! I needed a shower about 5 times last night! I can NOT believe how much I was sweatin!
Don't worry about the house. It will work out when you least expect it! Good luck with it!
Have a good day

DS- sounds good! I love brownies but won't make them or I eat them all

Lora- enjoy the movie and hope you feel better

Adri- have a good WO

Anne- aren't boys amazing with the stuff they get into??

I have chest work and cardio today. I am going ot work outside in the barn with my dad and boys today. BBL

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/151/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

I was just checking out the Blog and posts about the new workouts. You ladies are scaring me cuz I haven't even done a Cathe rotation since last October (almost a year) and when I get the new ones, I'm sure I'll be doing a rotation! I'm in for it, huh? Although P90X is no picnic either (I guess)...but I'm still afraid!!

>Well...I soaked in the tub...and my sciatica is flaring just
>from those 3 little sprints on the treadmill!! Err....that
>makes me so mad and Plyo X is on the rotation for tomorrow!!!
>I guess I'll be modifying on the rebounder.
>
>Charlotte - I've been meaning to ask you -- what does your
>husband do for a living? He travels a lot? I thought you
>sold your house already. I'm confused. By the way, I'm
>wearing Phantom Calliope today and it's a lot stronger wearing
>than testing. I think I might like Carnival Diabolique best
>so far.....Phantom Calliope needs to mellow a bit. I'm also
>falling in love with Genivre and Midnight on the Midway...but
>have only tested. I will wear them over the next couple days.
>I can never judge an oil by testing cuz you don't get a true
>feel for it until you've worn it all day and you go thru all
>of the stages of the drydown...and how it reacts with your
>body. I think you will love Les Bijoux!! It's
>great...although I've only tested it, but I'm pretty sure I'll
>love it.
>
>I should probably go have some tea with honey but the honey
>has 60 calories that I don't need.......especially since I was
>a bad PMSing girl and stopped at the chocolate store yesterday
>for Marshmallow cups and choc covered cherries. Why does
>chocolate make me so happy? Probably cuz it releases dopamine
>in your brain!!
>
>We've decided to go to another movie today! We're going to
>Wicker Man with Nicolas Cage.
>

Lora,

Hubby is the VP of a furniture delivery service company. I just got a call from hubby saying a couple was deciding between our home and 2 others. Checked the competition, and I think ours still stands out the most so the couple might drop by later this week at last minute. Sure hope it is not today. You should see my house and now the yard needs mowed from all the rain.

About the scents, I like the smoky sexy ones. I like the smell of leather, woodsy, sugary, etc. I don't mind the lighter ones either, but nothing like strong licorice smelling like Kabuki or Ka-yucky. Come to Me is just o.k., but no one will be coming to me when I wear it so I think I will sell that one. lol. As far as chocolate goes, I don't like scents with chocolate in it cuz it will make me eat bad things. I can't be tempted like that. I did make a chocolate cake for children's birthdays and I hope it goes soon or I will throw it away.

Later..I am paranoid those people are coming to the house today cuz it is a holiday. Boy, does that scare me so I got to get cleaning.

Charlotte~~

Hey Maniacs!
Maeghan-Have fun doing Chest and cardio today. What workouts are you doing for them?

Have a good holiday!

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Good luck Charlotte. If I lived closer I would stop by and help you get the house ready LOL!!!

Adri, I am doing free weights for the chest. Not sure about cardio yet. Maybe treadmil, or a run/ride outside later tonight.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/151/.png[/img] [/url]

Is this a private party or can anyone join in?

Greetings, ladies - I would like to throw my hat (and I have a few) into the ring and begin participating in the Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check-in. Because of my aqua instruction schedule (every Wed. p.m. and alternating Mondays) I don't follow a traditional Cathe or other rotation, but like you I love da nosebleed stuff.

This past Saturday I did about an hour of aqua jogging with upper body focus, about an hour of shallow water leg drills (power jumps, power squat jumps, airborne jacks, double-time running drills, and my patented knee flexion/extensions combined with power jumps), about an hour of flutter kick and treading-water drills, some upper body work with the hand buoys and some floor abs.

Yesterday I did Hi/Lo Hell for cardio, about 15 minutes of heavy squat/lunge work and hamstring work with ankle weights, a KPC/SJP ab melange, and about an hour of heavy upper body. DH and I watched my alltime favorite movie last night (yesterday was rain from dawn to dark): "Aliens". Gotta love Ripley and The Colonial Marines!

This a.m. I did Mindy Mylrea's Interval Express up to the hi/lo segment, then IMax2 blast #9 (I really have to stay current with plie-jack intervals), Boot Camp lower body premix with lighter barbell, and an ab mish-mosh of CTX KB planks through roll-ups then the ME ab routine.

Now I eat. Then we go to the zoo.

Very sad about Steve Irwin, and about the late and eminently dignified and gracious Nellie Connally. Could we have maybe just one day with no sorrow?

Have a good and safe Labor Day, my friends! Oh, and Lorajc - thanks!

A-Jock

This morning I did IMAX 2 and had a great workout. I was sweating like crazy even though its really cool here right now. Love this weather! I was in my zone for 38 minutes and burned 291 calories.

Lora - My dh told me about Steve Erwin this morning, how horrible. I can't believe a stingray is that deadly. What a shame, he was so cool.

Charlotte - Good luck with selling your house. I would hate to move, I'm never moving! LOL!

Hi everyone else!!! Don't have much time right now, I'll be back later.

Hope you all have a great Labor Day!

Maeghan-sounds like a good workout. Good luck!

Debbie-Thats great! keep it up. your so awsome;-)

Welcome A-Jock!!

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Annette - thanks for joining. I'm sure you'll like it here and fit right in! These ladies are very inspiring. I'm sure you'll inspire me a lot on days I suffer from my depression (as I often do) cuz I know we have a lot in common. I look forward to hearing about your intensity Mish-Moshes. Maybe, you'll inspire me to buy a multiple DVD player!

Welcome A-Jock! You are a real maniac! ((shaking head...um..um..um)))I know that much of you! Gosh!!! You are the one that motivated me to take a 50# barbell and put on my lap for tricep dips...betcha didn't know that? I love to read whatever you post. You got some awesome inspiring stuff with rotations, etc. You must be built like a brick house or something! So glad you are going to check in here. I am about to start my workout here soon and then I will be back to post!

Charlotte~~

Finished workout. Here is what I did...

3 sets/5 reps/60 sec rest

Flat BB Bench Press 70# **still at 70# from last week**
Lat Pulldowns 90# **incline rows with 30#'s last week**
Squats 175# **up from 160 from last week** WOO HOO!!!
Hamstring Curls 60# **up from 55# from last week**
DB Alt Hammer Curls 30# db's (same)
Tricep Extension 60# **off smith machine...last week 55# bar**

Off to do coremax 1 and will try putting a 10# plate on my back during the last plank work. I am gonna be raining sweat on my mat. lol

Meg,

Well gosh, that is sweet of you to come and help me clean. Not too many would want to do that now. So looks like you got some good workouts going. You might have to keep taking more pictures of yourself as it sounds like you must be making more progress. Go girl with your bad self!!!

Debbie,

Imax 2? Killer workout. I bet you did sweat. My face is always brown at the end like I got a great tan. lol. I am sure you are flying high now off the endorphines!!

Adri,

You sound very busy with your workouts. Way to go!

Diane Sue,

I can't even imagine what a heavier weight workout is for you. You scare me. lol

Anne,

Sounds like your having dinner, not a workout...chest and tri's on the menu...ew! lol. Just kidding. Hope you end up good and sore and have fun with your grandson. I bet he can't keep up with you.

Charlotte~~

Welcome Aquajock!

Charlotte and Deb- kick ass, same for everyone else!

I was picking rocks with my dad outside and putting them in a wagon, and I came across this boulder! I went for it, and by golly, I picked the friggen thing up by myself and put it in the wagon! I felt like He-Man! The thing had to weigh atleast 100# or more.
Of course as soon as I started to pull the wagon with the tractor, the motherlovin thing fell out! Figures. I made my DH come over and pick it up that time.
I know a year ago I would never have even budged that thing! I am pretty proud of that!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Charlotte - 175# squats? Holy moly woman, you ROCK. Did you do this workout in superset form? Your suppose to do the 2nd week supersetting. Just wondering. SS really gets your HR up. Great going on those weights, how the hell did you dumbbell curl 30#? Was that total weight or what you held in each hand????

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.