Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday Oct 8

LOL!! Can't say I loved 'Wild Hogs'...but it was cute;-)

Over the weekend DH and I watched 'Failure to Launch'...which was pretty good. We also watched 'God Grew Tired of Us'... this one made us both cry and talk about bringing about a little humility!!

Biking was really nice:)

Off to shower (I smell pretty bad too:p ) and then to work.

Dallys - Too funny that you watched Wild Hogs too. We laughed so much!

Debbie - I had to look it up b/c I couldn't remember - it was called Lucky You. It was pretty good too.

Meg - I really like Bootcamp b/c you get a little bit of everything but as Cathe says, "You can do anything for a minute." :)

Lisa - I haven't heard of God Grew Tired of Us. Sounds sad.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Great workouts everyone. I spent all afternoon applying for a job online at Petsmart. I also had a job interview scheduled on the spur of the moment this morning but it got canceled and the secretary told me she'd call me back to reschedule, but she hasn't yet. I wish I'd just get a darn job already.

Diane Sue - please jog my memory on that Kickbox Bootcamp. How long is the cardio segment on that and how much impact is in it? I'm in need of some good high intensity, but lower impact cardio to do with my foot. I've got a pile out here I"m staring at trying to decide for tomorrow morning.....Seasun's SUS, Turbo Jam Cardio Party 3, Tracey's Kickbox Challenge, Tracey's Step Sweatfest and Gay Gasper's Infused Step CIA workout. I know you don't know the last one, but which 2 are the best to do out of those, in your opinion? Any other ideas??? I'm not allowed to jump on my foot yet (unless on the rebounder).

Suz - I used to type for that Neurosurgeon and he saw little babies that had shaken baby syndrome, hydrocephalus, etc. so I'm used to typing depressing stuff. It bothered me a little but I usually concentrated on learning about the different diagnoses and symptoms versus thinking about the horrid nature of what was going on. I did feel bad for the babies...but I think I'm pretty good at detaching, but I guess I wouldn't have the additional stimulation of learning about the diagnosis, symptoms and treatments on the Children's Serv. Job....not that I"m anywhere near even being offered it.

Meg - great workout for the first time back.

Dallys- I'd say the circuit was comparable to Jillian's ...except the tell you to rest 30-60 seconds between circuits......but I just sipped water and wiped my face and started the next circuit. The only thing I disliked about it is that the leg moves were done as compound excercises with shoulders and since I can't do military presses or upright rows, I had to modify with laterals and anterior raises and I can only use 12 pounds or so for those and it didn't feel like enough leg work....thus the reason I added some legs to the end......but my legs are feeling pretty fried now.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Worked out legs today:

Walking Lunges with 40# db's 300x's
firewalkers 4 sets/12
ATG (literally..butt cheeks hitting ground) w/80# 3 sets 10

Felt this was enough for the day as walking lunges work the hamstrings, quads and glutes pretty good. Besides, if I did deadlifts too I would just have DOMS for 4 days:p :eek:

I think I will be off to bed early tonight. DH has to go out of town early in the am. We will be up at 3:45. Didn't accomplish all of my errands. Banks are closed today.

Lora, Kickbox bootcamp does not really have a lot of impact. There are the fast step up and down off the step, speed skaters on the step, punching etc. I held dumbbells through a lot of it. SOmetimes I wear my weighted gloves throughout. The bootcamp intervals are 36 minutes, abs 5 min., it has a long stretch. It can have decent intensity. For intensity I would go for KB Bootcamp or Sweatfest step. You might need to modify a little on Sweatfest step. I haven't done KB Challenge very many times yet. I don't recall it having a lot of jump kicks. That spider move on the floor is something else. I like the strength work on that one a lot. Can you do all of the turns and stuff on SUS and not hurt your foot? I would think you could do any of the Turbo Jams without all of the jumping( but I am sure you know that) What about the blasts from Low Max or cardio only from LIC? WHat about Kelly Coffey Step Box stopping before the cardio weights where she does the side to side ski jumps? Bosu blast would probably be to unstable but does seem a little less impact. I guess you would have to modify a lot of them.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I finally went back to the gym today! :7 I had to drag myself there, though, because I just did not feel like going (that's what being away for almost a week does to you!) :eek: Anyway, here's today's damage:

[font color=indigo]Chest Press: [/font]2x15x55lbs, 12x60lbs
I am finally seeing some improvement in my chest strength

[font color=indigo]DB Incline Chest Press: [/font]2x15x10LB DB's, 12x15LB DB's
The 10's felt REALLY light today, so I'll switch to the 15's (at 12 reps) next week. I will probably stay on the 15's for a while.

[font color=indigo]Cable Fly: 2x15x20lbs[/font]

[font color=indigo]Assisted Chins: [/font]3x12x140
I was pleased with the assisted chins; I was nervous about this exercise because I could barely manage it with the trainer spotting me last week. I may have to lower it by about 10lbs next week; I will see

[font color=indigo]V-Bar Cable Row: [/font]15x30lbs, 2x15x40lbs

[font color=indigo]Low Back Extension: [/font]3x15x180lbs
It just occured to me today that I am doing near BW on these I know this is one of the easiest moves on the planet, but I don't care!

[font color=indigo]Post-WO Cardio: [/font]25 minutes on the treadmill, high moderate intensity

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I got home, my sweetie took me out shopping for my birthday (which is Wednesday). I got a really cool knee-length black leather jacket w/black leather gloves to match. I love them! :D

His birthday was last Friday, and he did not know what he wanted, so I took him to Red Lobster. Yummy! :9

Have a nice night ladies!

Penney, looks like you got in a good workout. I bet Red Lobster was yummy:) I love seafood. Had some fish for dinner that my son in law caught on a fishing trip last week. The knee length leather jacket sounds great. I bet you can't wait for the colkd weather to kick in:D

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.