Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday July 14

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Can't believe it's Monday already...ugh. This morning I did Volume One of my new Dove workout. Wasn't sure if that was a good choice since I'm taking a rest day Wednesday due to me going to that Seether concert tomorrow night. It was a fast/high rep workout similar to Slim Series or Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout with some Tae Bo like leg work thrown in. Workout was 70" and I burned 460 calories. I followed the low impact modifiers during the jump rope segments since I'm "babying" my foot that feels like it's getting a stress fracture. Felt like a wimp! I also flared my shoulder pain up doing either incline or decline pushups...should have modified.

I'm trying to give up my "dried cranberry addiction". I love them with my Shredded Wheats....but since I can't find any unsweetened dried fruit (except online....and it's expensive and still high in sugar), I bought Kashi Autumn Harvest Shredded Wheats to try. They are surprsingly good and only have 7 grams of sugar and 0 sodium. They are whole wheat also. I Love Kashi products! They are the best. I did order a few packs of unsweetened dried cranberries from online to eat with my plain shredded wheats that I have left. I hope I can wean off of them! I'm a sad case, huh?

Have great workouts everyone.

Diane Sue - I've had an enlarged lymph node in my armpit since I was around 20. My doctor has seen that one (long ago) and has told me just to watch for it to change and become hard and red. I also have several down the side of my neck, but one of my doctors thinks it might have something to do with a terrible neck injury I had when I was 16 and may be related to scar tissue also. ??? I would hate to have to go in for all of those tests like you. I hate doctors.....even though I've been in the medical field my entire life.

Did Press Play this morning and really needed a good cardio workout. Not sure what's going on with my HRM, but it was acting up again. It worked fine the last time I did cardio so I have no clue what's going on. It can't be the battary again since I've just changed it.

Anyways, had a great workout. I really pushed myself with this one today.

[font color=indigo]Cardio Stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]1 hr. 5 minutes
55 minutes in zone
420 calories burned
4.1 miles travelled
[/font]

Love these 400 calorie burn workouts!!!

Gotta go deliver Avon. Won't be around today either! Hope you are all doing well!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Feeling good now and gonna work biceps/triceps today. FINALLY!!!!
Really liking my new cds of Static X, Five Finger Death Punch and Evans Blue. Cool workout music.

Lora,

I use to get a bump under my armpit as well, but usually when I had an infection such as a cut on my hand/arm, etc.

Debbie,

Great workout! I may still go on elliptical too cuz I just feel like I need to catch up big time since I had so much down time with the injury. Doc cracked me last week and I had no pain at all that night. Been better ever since. I swear by the bone doctor!!!!!!!!!!

Diane Sue,

Was reading last nights post..so funny your dh bought you some pain relief stuff/hangover after you had fast food. That is just too funny. How do you feel today then?

This place is a ghost town today. Is it a holiday or just everyone on vacation?

Worked my arms most carefully as I could. hehe

Hammer Curls 35# db's 3/8
Dumbbell Curls 30# db's 3/8
Cheat Curls 75# 20x's

Skull Crushers 40# bb 3/8
Dips off tree bar 2/8
Lying Tricep Ext 15# db's 3/8
Kickbacks 12# db's 3/8 (these were super light, but like I said, I have to be careful)

Feel so good to have done this and got DOMS in the glutes from yesterday's workout. Now I pray nothing acts up tonight with neck so gonna do much stretching this evening before I go to bed and take advil for inflammation.

I have had a really busy day. I recieved a call from the surgeon and no cancer was found in the lymph node. He said I could go back to working out at the end of the week. We have dh father's funeral here tomorrow. We have been busy trying to take care of things. He was sent here from Washington to be buried by dh mother. It seems like we have had so many things going on here lately. I am so tired so think the break from exercise was needed. I will probably start back on Thursday. I still have some other medical stuff to have checked and dental to take care of.

Charlotte, LOL. I still feel over stuffed. Dh bought a used truck to pull our fifth wheel with and went to leave it to get the hitch installed in the bed. He took me and grandchildren to the cattleman's steakhouse. I had steak and a huge baked potato and salad that I had to scoop off as much dressing as there was salad:0
The waitress came by and saw what I did and said she guessed they did put too much dressing on it. I need dietary clean up and some heavy duty HIIT.

Lora, at least your doctor is aware of the lymph nodes. I don't think there is anyone that wants to go to the doctor. Even my dd that is a PA puts it off. I have had to tell her that she would tell me to get to the doctor:) She is quick to take care of skin things though. She has seen to many people put those off and have them be cancers that require large areas of their skin cut off. Not pretty either. You should really watch those though. Mine are working at something but it is not cancer which is a huge relief. The one under my arm has been there for about 2 1/2 months that I have noticed.(dd had done laser hair removal so I don't have to shave very often so may have been there longer) The smaller ones were not unusual because I have them come and go with colds, allergies etc.. I have reflux too so dd was worried that other than breast cancer it could have been cancer of the esophagus. Anyway, probably more than anyone wants to know. I will say I expect some more surgury soon. Got to work off some of this stuff I just went through first. It has been kind of scarey. I am really good about my physicals though as I have had cancer once already but it was 27 years ago. Lots of it in the family especially breast cancer.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue,

Great news cancer was not found! Did not know you had it once already. Where was it found then? Breast cancer does not run in my family, but colon cancer does and my dad has had several polps removed. Sorry to hear about your hubby's dad. I am afraid to go to doctors myself, but I know I need to go and stop fretting about what they could find. Which reminds me...dentist appt is needed here soon, I think. hehe.

Hi Diane Sue - just popped in and read your post. I just wanted you to know I'm so glad that you're cancer free! I didn't realize you were being tested for that, of course I haven't been around much either. I'm glad you go for your appt. it's always good to take care of our bodys by keeping our yearly physicals. I don't mind going to the doctor too much these days, since I've been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis back in 95 I have to go every two years to keep it checked. Colon Cancer runs in my family. I'm glad you got a good report! You seem to take good care of yourself so that was probably a plus for you right there!!!

Hubby wanted to go for ice cream so I got kiddie cone of choc...but was made to be more like medium size so I was alittle fussy..decided to go on elliptical, tired or not and burned 215 cals, traveled 2.1 mi. 30 mins. slow speed of 5mph

Charlotte and Sandy, thanks so much. It is a relief for me. Has had me tied up in knots. When I had cancer before it was right after I had my youngest daughter. It was uterine cancer and I had a partial hysterectomy. The thing with cancer though is that all of my mothers sisters and my grandmother had breast cancer. My grandfather had prostate cancer. My grandmother finally died years later from lung cancer(non smoker). My mother had a hysterectomy too. So, I would say it is in our genes:( I am always relieved when I get through the physical with nothing wrong and everything working right:) This one I had several issues at once to try to clear up. Now taking actonel too for osteoarthritis. I am a fighter though. I am back to adding more dairy into my diet.

Charlotte, I guess you took care of that ice cream LOL

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.