Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday 6-18

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Jillian Michael's Frontside Circuit for Beginners. I made it advanced by going heavy with weights and making the cardio higher impact. This was a good basic circuit workout ...no frills and no stretch either. I did the stretch from Cathe's LIC. Workout was about 50 minutes and I'm not sure how much I burned as my HRM had a button stuck...but I think it was around 280 or 290 calories. I wanted to add on additional ab work and cardio....but I'm running late, as I'm not used to getting up for work yet.

Have great workouts and I'm not sure when I'll be back, as I'm starting work today.

Good morning!

Today was going to be a rest day, as I have to be to work early for the first day of my kids' camp. But my legs and glutes are SO sore from yesterday's workout (they actually started getting sore last night) so I'm gonna do an easy spin on the bike on my trainer in the basement for an hour. That's my excuse for getting in an hour of cardio on my rest day. I really don't want to take 2 days off of cardio but I also don't want to do anything too taxing for my legs and burn them out since the rest of the week will probably be tougher rides. That is IF the wind stops. It HOWLED all night. I woke up at 11:10 and didn't go back to sleep until sometime after 12:30 just listening to it. It's still windy this morning - but only about 14mph right now. Good grief!

Happy workouts everyone!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Good Morning, today starts my week of VBS for the grandchildren. So far I did the treadmill workout off of Barry's Bootcamp and added a little time to make it 45 minutes. I am headed back in to do the chest and ab workout as soon as I have the dogs fed. I have my breakfast ready to eat after my workout so I don't have to run out the door on empty:)

Lora, good luck with the new job.

Suz, enjoy your day as I know you are looking forwards to it:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Today was a Pull workout. Had a good workout but my low back was really tight. Of course I had to do deadlifts and bent over rows so I was a little leary of doing this routine today. But all is good. 2 minutes rest between everything:

Back
Deadlifts: 60# - 3 sets/6 reps (up 5#)
Bent Over Rows: 70# - 3 sets/8 reps (same)
One-Arm Rows: 37# - 3 sets/10 reps (up 2#)

Biceps
Chins w/legs out front: 8/6/7 (did 6/6/6 last week)
Drag Curls: 50# - 9/10/10 (up 5#)

Traps
Barbell Shrugs: 110# - 3 sets/10 reps (up 5# and added reps)
Dumbbel Shrugs: 47# - 3 sets/12 reps (up 2# and added reps)

**I don't think I'm going to do drag curls anymore. The first set about killed my wrists. 2nd and 3rd set I did them with a wider grip and it was better but I'm concentrating more on my wrists then my biceps. I'll switch to dumbbell curls next week.

**I LOVE shrugs. And I can't go any higher with the DB shrugs because 47# DB is the highest I have. :( I'll have to break down and get 50# DB's I guess.

Lora - Good luck with your job!

Hope you all have great workouts! It's so freakin' hot and humid here.

I finished up my workout. I did Barrys Bootcamp Chest and abs and then did Rainbeau Mars Dawn bonus workout (10 minutes). Ate my hot cereal and egg white. I am trying some of the Clean eating books ideas. I need some energy this week:) Off to shower.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hey Maniacs! Posted this late last night.
Hey Maniacs! Spent the whole weekend at the 'NATIONAL MOUNTAIN BIKE RACE SERIES' Had sooooo much fun! These are the best Mtb. riders in the nation. It was fasinating to watch them! The girls are so tough, you can't imagine. Really pumped me up to get in better biking shape. They are animals. Very nice and approachable too. Dh and I missed all our weekend rides, but we decided it was well worth it.

Trying to decide what workout to do this morning. DD is here and it's going to mess me up alittle, especially for an afternoon workout. I'm either going on a quick bike ride or doing a circuit. The basement is full of dh bikes and tires and stuff, so that's all in my way and I need to clear that out fast. What to do...what to do?

Later...

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hey Maniacs! Decided to do the circuit. Maybe I can get some cardio in later.

This weeks circuits have gone back up to 3 sets and down to 12 reps from 15. I upped my weights on most. Again, no rests. Sweat was heavy.:)

Pushups
Squats 86 1/2#
Mt. climbers 1 min.

Incline DB flys 20's
Sumo squats 60# DB
Mt. climbers 1min.

Bench dips 33# plate
Leg extension 10lb ankle weights
Jumping jacks 1min.

Lateral raise w/jumping jacks-8's for as long as I could, then down to 5's. These were tough.
20 ball crunches 25# db

Tricep press down 30#
jumprope 1min.
scizzors 1 min.

Workout was 53 min.

Hi Ladies
This morning I did HSC that is such a good well rounded workout:)
Lora good luck on your first day at work:) Let us know how you liked it!
Great workouts everyone
Randi

Hey Maniacs! Planning for a good Mtb. ride in the canyon in a bit. Lots of killer hills. Hope I'm ready. The canyon is all dried up and the snow mostly gone. These rides are what it's all about. Much more fun than the barren dusty foothills I've been riding.

Went back and read some of the posts I missed over the weekend. Jen and Lora asked alittle about my rotation, so I'll answer thoses.

Jen, I'm doing 4 circuits a week. You do 2 then a rest day and then 2 then a cardio day then a rest day. I'm not worrying to much which days, just trying to fit in the 4 circuits a week. These circiuts are laid out so you do each body part twice a week. The circuits alternate body parts so you are not working the same muscle groups back to back. If you are doing Cathe circuits, she works all muscle groups each workout, so I wouldn't do 4 of those a week. I'm following Jillian Micheals "Winning by losing' book. I'm able to go as heavy as I can for the amount of reps. The reps and sets change thru out the rotation. Each week repeats to make a 12 week rotation. I'm cutting out the repeat weeks and making it a 6 week rotation.

Lora, I'm being pretty strick with my diet. Going for low cal. most days, not really doing a macronutrient balance thing right now. Just trying to eat healthy and not obsess. I get obsessed with food if I'm keeping track, measureing, counting, timing, etc. So, I'm trying to not do that (for now). Mainly eating a real good energy meal before a harder bike ride is the only thing I need to plan ahead for. Other than that, planned food doesn't affect my regular workouts much. The only cardio I'm doing is Mt. biking. Trying for at least 5 days a week. Probably 2 days of biking is very intense and the rest kind of steady state, good, but not puke status, lol. Then there's the extra walking if I can fit it in just to up the ante, and I just drove my route and it's only 3.5 miles. LOL! Here I thought I was doing almost 5.

So, there's my novel. :p

Finally home............yikes....long day after not working for so long.

The first day was not too bad. The Office Manager looked at me like I have balls cuz of some of the stuff I asked her upon walking thru the door and then something I did later. I don't care.........she hired me cuz she thought I was agressive.........so I'll be agressive!! sort of half kidding, but she's sort of a Bit#$ .......(first impression) and heck if I'll let her intimidate me. I'm the old lady in the office. The girl in my office is 25 and the other one that trained me this morning is 29. They seemed cool and asked me to bring my radio in from my trunk....always a good thing...but I can't get the radio station I like cuz I'm in the basement. Froze all day and starved all day. I think this Prednisone is making me famished. The hours suck. Hope I can get used to them. I came home for lunch (cuz I have an hour -- had to see my Brooky) and I have to work till 5:30 which is late for me. Such is life.

Dallys- WOWY!! That's tons of cardio! I can see why you're dropping weight. I'll NEVER have time to do that much cardio with this new job. I guess I'll never lose weight. Darn! Puke status .....he he....that cracked me up.

Thanks for all of the well wishes with the job. The first day is history!

Dallys - your Rhodesian Ridgeback is lovely

I dropped in to Cathe's website to get some rotation ideas & saw Carma's picture. She could be my 8 year old's litter mate if not for the age difference! My Savanna is larger, 80 pounds, but quite sleek like Carma & the face & markings are quite similar.

My other Ridgeback, Kate, is 10. Also tall & about the same weight. Currently snoring away under my desk.

Do you show Carma? I saw the diaper & guess that she is "intact".

Do people you meet on the trail recognize the breed? We get a lot of questions. We also get asked if they're full grown or "part" Ridgeback. So many RR owners let their dogs eat to obesity that they think my hounds are scrawny.

Debra

RE: Dallys - your Rhodesian Ridgeback is lovely

Hey Maniacs! Just got home from my Mtb. ride. Had a terrific time. Still need to get in better shape, but didn't do to bad. DH was all fresh and acted like he just went around the block. I'll never catch up to him in fitness. He is a natural endurance person. Comes so easy for him. Carma did good too. Just got done giving her a quick bath. She was filthy!

Debra-You should post a picture of your dogs. I would love to see them. Carma weighs about 70 lbs. People on the trail ask if she's a Vizla or a Redbone hound, hehe. There are some people that know what she is, but not to many. I have seen some fat ones too. They look alot better slim, don't they?:) There is another girl on the forum that has a georgous male. He name is brigitterenee, so keep an eye out. She has a picture trail too. I don't show Carma, but might breed her if I could ever find a decent male. There are not many around here. This heat thing is not fun. LOL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.