Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 6

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did David Kirsch's 7 Day Rx, Butt & Back followed by Butt off of his One on One series. I also added in some lat rows with DBs since the band didn't seem hard enough and I used my heaviest tubing and then I used 2 tubes. My back is really strong! I also added on a couple sets of Kettlebell Swings to finish it off. Workout was 70" and I burned 434 calories.

Have great workouts everyone. Off to eat my steel cut oats. I work the early to late shift today....makes for a long day on your feet.

Last edited:
Morning everyone! I'm still kicking around the decision to start my workouts tomorrow or Friday. I'm thinking it's going to be Friday! LOL!

Lora: Glad you seem to like your David rotation so far.

Debbie: LOL! Good for you.

Shana: Thanks! Funny, that was the one I was thinking of ordering. :) I know I need to get something in the body after a workout- I just hurry up and get showered, then the kids are awake and they are needy, then I end up starting laundry and dishes and well, time gets away from me. So I figure the drink will benefit me until I get a proper breakfast. I thought with Meso 2 coming up it was time to take care of that.

Dallys/Meg: Thanks for the Wal Mart suggestion- I will check it out this weekend. :)

I slept in this morning with strong encouragement from DH that I needed to rest a bit this week. Humph. I want to do Interval Express with Mindy Mylrea this afternoon (did I spell that right?) but we'll see. I am betting that I'll do it when the kids are down for a nap. I cannot resist!!

Debbie - Have you decide what rotation you are doing next?

Good news is that my throat is starting to feel better, it is not nearly as sore as it has been. :D Today was cardio and of course I could not wait to do Amy's Kickbox Surge this morning!:D I love that workout!:D Anyway, I did all 5 combos and surges and some of the ab work and stretch. Workout was 1:12 and I burned...get this...676 calories! WooHoo!

Shana
- I tried that ab move again this morning with legs that aren't sore and I think I did much better. Let you know tomorrow!:p

Patti - Good for you for sleeping in!

Morning maniacs.

I am definately feeling last nights core work in my back! Forgot how little I have been working that area lately!
I have to be at the services all afternoon and evening for my fiance's grandmother who passed away this past weekend. If I get home in time I will do Lean Circuit 2 tonight. Looking foward to it, if I get a chance to do it tonight.
My son woke me up at 5am for some reason today but went back to bed. I ALMOST got up to exercise, but didn't lol! Some of you already know that I long to be a morning exerciser, but it never works :)

Linda - I wrote up a rotation with straight and supersets. Hopefully I'll follow it for 8 weeks. I still want some type of endurance training for a little longer so we'll see how it goes. Sorry you've been sick. Hope you are feeling better.

I got my workout in this morning before I took the grandchildren to school. I am so much to do I won't go back and add on. I did all of AMy Bento's Kickbox Surge then repeated the core refining, I added on the abs from Kettlebell Dynamics. Workout was 98 minutes(I did both stretches) and I burned 730 calories. I used a 10# med ball for the core refining.
I had 1/2 a serving of After shock that I sipped when taking the children to school. When I arrived home I had my chocolate protein pancake with raspberry preserves and a spoon of fat free sour cream. Lunch will be salad with 2 oz tuna and light blue cheese dressing mixed with some bbq sauce. Haven't planned lunch yet. I have had a hard time keeping up with logging my meals since eating has been so off. Yesterday I ended up eating 3 zone bars all day and had lean chili for dinner. Just didn't have time to stop.

Morning Maniacs! This mornings workout was AOS Newport. I also did all of the extra rounds. I love the Blues track on this one. If you have this, always switch to the Blues audio. It's cool. I have yet to get that squat to press thing (Zot Press ?). I have to switch out my 18lb. to an 8lb db. It's just to awkward to me.

Must get to work...early customer

FlyLady must have flown over my house. If you see her, send her my way. Geez, you think someone would put some dishes away around here. Why do I even own a dishwasher? Oy! :eek:

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is Back/Biceps/Abs. I just mowed this morning. Grass was so high that I thought I would not be able to mow it...from all the rain. Well now that it is mowed, guess what?? It is gonna rain again!!!! lol. And tonight.:rolleyes:

Bionics,

Don't know where Flylady went off to. She missed my house. I have dirty dishes in the sink, but I was busy flying outside. I think I am gonna do my own thing and clean bathrooms today after I get to the dishes and then run to Wal Mart, workout, eat, shop some more online, make dinner, read, meditate, wash..well after workout. lol. Never ending fun fun fun here. And people ask me if I get bored staying at home??? LMAO!

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did David Kirsch's 7 Day Rx, Butt & Back followed by Butt off of his One on One series. I also added in some lat rows with DBs since the band didn't seem hard enough and I used my heaviest tubing and then I used 2 tubes. My back is really strong! I also added on a couple sets of Kettlebell Swings to finish it off. Workout was 70" and I burned 434 calories
Lora, Sounds like a great workout and calorie burn.

Morning everyone! I'm still kicking around the decision to start my workouts tomorrow or Friday. I'm thinking it's going to be Friday! LOL!
Debbie, Enjoy your time off, your body deserves it. I'll be starting Meso 3 on Sat. I'm ready

I slept in this morning with strong encouragement from DH that I needed to rest a bit this week. Humph. I want to do Interval Express with Mindy Mylrea this afternoon (did I spell that right?) but we'll see. I am betting that I'll do it when the kids are down for a nap. I cannot resist!!
Patti, DH is right, rest and sleep in. If you decide to do Mindy Let me know how you like it. I've been wanting to get Interval Express.

Good news is that my throat is starting to feel better, it is not nearly as sore as it has been. :D Today was cardio and of course I could not wait to do Amy's Kickbox Surge this morning!:D I love that workout!:D Anyway, I did all 5 combos and surges and some of the ab work and stretch. Workout was 1:12 and I burned...get this...676 calories! WooHoo!

Linda, So glad you are feeling better. Kickbox Surge, I'm going to have to get that one very soon. Your calorie burn looks great.

Morning maniacs.
I am definately feeling last nights core work in my back! Forgot how little I have been working that area lately!
I have to be at the services all afternoon and evening for my fiance's grandmother who passed away this past weekend. If I get home in time I will do Lean Circuit 2 tonight. Looking foward to it, if I get a chance to do it tonight.
My son woke me up at 5am for some reason today but went back to bed. I ALMOST got up to exercise, but didn't lol! Some of you already know that I long to be a morning exerciser, but it never works :)
Megadoo, I don't envy DOM's in the back. But, I bet you did great with the ab work. Hope you can get home in time for Lean Circuit 2, if not, just don't worry about it until you can. Did you know your fiance's grandmother? Enjoy your workouts.

I got my workout in this morning before I took the grandchildren to school. I am so much to do I won't go back and add on. I did all of AMy Bento's Kickbox Surge then repeated the core refining, I added on the abs from Kettlebell Dynamics. Workout was 98 minutes(I did both stretches) and I burned 730 calories. I used a 10# med ball for the core refining.
I had 1/2 a serving of After shock that I sipped when taking the children to school. When I arrived home I had my chocolate protein pancake with raspberry preserves and a spoon of fat free sour cream. Lunch will be salad with 2 oz tuna and light blue cheese dressing mixed with some bbq sauce. Haven't planned lunch yet. I have had a hard time keeping up with logging my meals since eating has been so off. Yesterday I ended up eating 3 zone bars all day and had lean chili for dinner. Just didn't have time to stop.
Diane Sue, Looks like a great workout and fantastic calorie burn. Do you like Kickbox Surge? I'm hearing great things about it. Your eats look good too. I need to be more like you.

Morning Maniacs! This mornings workout was AOS Newport. I also did all of the extra rounds. I love the Blues track on this one. If you have this, always switch to the Blues audio. It's cool. I have yet to get that squat to press thing (Zot Press ?). I have to switch out my 18lb. to an 8lb db. It's just to awkward to me.

FlyLady must have flown over my house. If you see her, send her my way. Geez, you think someone would put some dishes away around here. Why do I even own a dishwasher? Oy! :eek:

Dallys, I haven't even used my kettlebells yet. Still to scared, I will eventually though. Good job on the workout. Flylady: Your funny.:eek:

Today is cardio, don't know if I'll get to it though, family will be over soon. We'll see. I start Meso 3 Sat. Can't wait.

Janie

Jainie- not really. I have met her a few times, but she had alzheimers. Everytime I saw her she just sat there with a smile. She was cute. But she got sick about two months ago, and the alzheimers is what eventually killed her. It is such a terrible way to go. I feel tremendously for the family. Thanks for asking.

Hello Ladies! I am back from sunny south Florida. Had a great time! Weather was perfect and beach was awesome.

Today I did PLB and had a great workout. Amazing what a week off will do!

Lora, are you still looking to unload the kickbox video? i am interested.

Have a great day everyone

Jainie- not really. I have met her a few times, but she had alzheimers. Everytime I saw her she just sat there with a smile. She was cute. But she got sick about two months ago, and the alzheimers is what eventually killed her. It is such a terrible way to go. I feel tremendously for the family. Thanks for asking.

My mother has Alzheimers and I have to tell ya, it's awful. She's been in her last stages now for years. My poor Mom.:(

Hello Ladies! I am back from sunny south Florida. Had a great time! Weather was perfect and beach was awesome.
Today I did PLB and had a great workout. Amazing what a week off will do!
Have a great day everyone
Great job on working out. I bet even though you had a great time in Florida it is good to be back and settle in again. Glad you are home safely.

Sorry, had to share a picture of Adrian, he's so cute.

hig_progcircle_loading16.gif
Updating tag...

Janie

Last edited:
Eating Lunch here. California rolls from Costco and some mango.

Janie- Adrian is absolutely adorable! You will love kettlebells. They aren't scary. Just go light til you're ready to move up. I've been using the 18lber for a long time and don't feel like I need to move up yet. I have a 26lber and use that for certain moves (rows and such), but it's a still a heavy bugger for other moves.

Meg- Sorry to hear about your fiance's Grandma. :(

Toasty- I hear you on not being bored at home. I only work part- time and rarely have a spare minute in the day. Computer addiction excluded.;)

Shana- Glad you had fun at the beach! Get any cool pics to tease us with?

Good Morning Maniacs!!!
Today is Back/Biceps/Abs. I just mowed this morning. Grass was so high that I thought I would not be able to mow it...from all the rain. Well now that it is mowed, guess what?? It is gonna rain again!!!! lol. And tonight.:rolleyes:
Char, Don't know how I missed you! We've been raining here it seems for weeks! Where is the sun? Our grass is called weeds, DH takes a weed whacker to them, as soon as the sun comes out. LOL:D

Janie

Good afternoon! Super irritating day here- DD had a nice tantrum at DH's work. Sigh. Then DS lost his special blankie and I spent over an hour looking for the stupid thing. :mad: It's actually kind of cute- his security blanket is one of my old tank tops. ANYWAY, I wanted to sit in a large vat of ice cream with a spoon or bake (and eat) myself into oblivion but instead worked out. I tried out Mindy Mylrea's Interval Express- the step part, which was about 40 minutes. I am sweating buckets! Super fun, easy choreography which is just interesting enough so you won't get bored of it. I missed a few small steps today but for a first run through, easy peasy. I highly recommend it- sort of like a Cathe premix since it was on the short side. :)

Janie: He is beautiful! Oh what a cutie- makes me miss the baby days around here. I can't believe I just said that. :)

Dallys: California rolls sound goooood. I might have to pick some up this week- thanks for the idea.

Ally: Welcome back and that's great that you are feeling relaxed and refreshed. I'm envious! Waaaah, I want a vacation!

Meg: I'm sorry about your fiance's grandmother. It is such a terrible disease.

I looked at FlyLady's website and I think the emails might make me crazy. Plus, does she take into account 2 very destructive 2 and 3 year olds that empty toy bins for fun, take apart my sofa and eat every 20 minutes? :p

Charlotte, I think if I stayed at home I'd get bored from missing my job, but definitely not bored from lack of stuff to do! I can't even keep up on cleaning my one bedroom apartment, and I live by myself; I can't imagine how much work it would be to keep up with a house, take care of family members, and make meals too. I enjoy cooking but usually only make something substantial when my bf is over, so it's not real regular since mostly I'm over there.

I have an interview tomorrow so I'm starting to get antsy! gotta prep for it tonight.

Earlier I did the Butts and Guts for about half an hour, then non-stability ball abs, then calves on my own. Yesterday was the advanced "stressed out" routine from Yoga for Your Moods.

Patty- I remember when I was getting the Flylady emails (once I got the basic everyday stuff down) that I just opened the email for the Zone of the week and Kelly's Mission (that's seemed to be the one that tells you to clean things you never think of or usually ignore).

Or you can just go to the site every week and get a heads up of what your week of cleaning will be like and avoid the emails. I'm not sure how they deal with the kid issue, but I bet it would help somewhat in keeping up.

Funny you talk about dd throwing a tantrum at dh work and then turn around and talk of missing the baby days in the same post! You must be going mad.:p

Dallys - when did you get Kettlebells? How are you liking them? and what DVDs did you get? Do you have Keith Weber's Extreme Cardio Kettlebell workout?

Ally - yes, I have that DVD sitting here for you. You can just Paypal me a little bit of money for it....whatever you want. Paypal is [email protected]

I just got home from work. Eating a bowl of shredded wheats and berries.

I'm FINALLY off tomorrow. I worked 9 days straight and my feet are killing me. I have TONS to get accomplished tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.