Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Friday July 27

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I'm running late. Overslept a bit. I'm off to do my Jillian circuit. Not sure if I'll have time for anything else...as I need to do the house cleaning this morning as well. Be back later.

I did my Jillian Frontside Book Circuit and listened to the new Velvet Revolver. Added med ball for abs and modified the cardio parts on the rebounder. I then added on about 10 minutes of Firm Cardio but my foot was bothering me so I stopped early. I did the stretch from the Firm (too short). Workout was 64 minutes and I burned 391 calories.

My foot seems to have gotten a bit worse. I don't know if it's just because it's healing and the pain is gettting more concentrated or if the fracture just got bigger. It's even a bit slwollen...so I'm icing it now.

I've got to clean the house as soon as I eat breakfast.

Have great workouts everyone.

Lora - how is the new Velvet Revolver? Is it good?

Today is my rest day, gotta deliver Avon and this time in the rain. won't complain, though, I've had excellent days to deliver since summer began.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Deb - yes, it's pretty good. I just thought it was so/so after the first couple listens...but then it gets better. There are a few songs that are just so/so.. but that's how all albums are. My DH and I both like it. He actually hasn't stopped listening to it since we got it.

Diane Sue -forgot to as you something. I'm trying to get lots of weight work in before my vacation. I'm planning on doing another Jillian Circuit tomorrow (backside) and then I don't know if I should just do my Jillian circuits on Monday and wednesday (frontside/backside) again...or should I do the last Jillian Circuit on Saturday and do a Firm Circuit on Monday and Wednesday do a total body by Cathe....like Muscle Max. I'd be doing cardio on the days in between. I just wasn't sure what to do since the Jillian circuits only work partial muscles and I wanted to get a total boy workout in right before our trip. Thanks.

Good Morning
Last night I did KPC and GS Chest and tris. Today is leg day!
Lora sorry to hear about your foot hope it feels better soon.
Debbie enjoy your rest day!
BBL
Randi

Morning Maniacs! I did CC# 2 this morning. I love this one because it's ALL hills.:) I still feel out of shape somewhat with my endurance. My butt was also sore from Wendsdays CC. Can't beleive a few weeks of hardly any intense cardio has lowered my conditioning so much.:( I'm now on a mission to build back up.

Lora- Sucks about the foot. Maybe the vacation will do it good.

Debbie- Enjoy your rest day.:)

Randi-Nice workout!:)

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Bionics, like the new avatar

Crazy crazy day so far. FIL spent the night. Peed on the floor..has no clue from meds he is on...went thru alot. I am trying to be hospice nurse..dr. dolittle..mom and whatever else all at one time. I am sooo tired. I am gonna try to take alittle nap and then do abs. If I am lucky can do legs later today. FIL asked me to get depends for him which I was glad he did. Took alot of balls to ask me. Dh was gonna talk to him about it tonight, but now won't have to.
So I just went down to see how he was doing. He is on strong drugs and had his hands in prayer position and asked why Jesus has to let him die. I almost cried immediately after that. I gathered myself and told him he is not dying but getting better and that is why he feels so bad right now because the chemo is killing off the cancer...what else would one say?

Lora - Thanks for the review. I may need to get that CD.

Char - I am so sorry about your FIL. That is so sad and I'm sure it's hard for you. What a horrible thing, cancer is.

Well, believe it or not, it hasn't rained at all since I left this morning!!! It's cloudy but the sun peaks through every now and again. It's been perfect for deliveries!!! I've gotten so lucky with this weather lately.

Morning Ladies,

Was going to take a rest day but woke up at 4 with a little migraine. Took Excedrin and then couldn't sleep so got up at 4:10. Did Ab Ripper X and then just 35 minute spin on the bike in the basement. I was meeting my sister and a couple friends at the pancake breakfast. It's a big deal they do on the M,W&F of Cheyenne Frontier Days. It's free and they feed 13 - 15,000 people each day - pancakes and ham. I actually ate the pancakes (and took my own soy sausage - hehehe)! Little piggy me. I was really good yesterday so I could have them. They have Boy Scouts flipping them in the air, Kiwanis mixing and pouring coffee, bands playing...all kinds of stuff going on. And you see all kinds of people you don't see all year. That's why we go. :)

Char - I'm so sorry about your FIL. You hang in there.

Okay, back to work for me. Getting ready for our kids' camp next week. Final week. Yippeee!!!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Thanks everyone. Getting tough. He is wearing the depends and still not making it then keeps apologizing..meanwhile I am just going thru tons of cleaning stuff. I hope we all get some sleep tonight. I don't know how many more nights I can take of this. I shouldn't complain though..I am not the one fighting cancer, he is.

I got my workout in. I started with Absolutely Kickbox comkbat interval premix stopping at the core/abs, then ran on the treadmill 3.25 miles, did the core/abs and added 5 sets of banana holds for 40 seconds ea. holing 10#med dumbbell and wearing shoe weights, 2 sets hanging knee raises with 15# med ball 10 reps and 1 set with 10# med ball 15 reps, 3 sets decline crunches with 20# 20 reps, finished with Eoin Finn's Yoga Quickie. Have all 5 grandchildren here today.

Charlotte, my heart goes out to you. I will pray that you can be strong through this. Did the Doctor give any indication on how long the affects from the chemo lasts. I remember my sil going for Chemo a bunch of times when she had breast cancer. DH went to Ca. and went with her. I am sure this is a time of great stress for you. You can get through it though and will be glad later that you did.

Lora, I always like to get in a good full body workout just before I take a break. I think MM sounds like a good choice. I really do not know the other workouts but if you get most of your muscle groups worked I would stick with them.

Debbie, glad you are having decent weather for your Avon deliveries.

Suz, your frontier days sounds like fun. I love pancakes. I made the grandchildren waffles out of my Southbeach cookbook yesterday and had to have one:)

Dallys, I doubt it will take you long to build up that endurance. I cut back on some of my running and really intense cardios so once in awhile, like today I do a run and hit some 8 mph sprints just to keep up my speed and endurance.

Anne, how are you doing?

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Charlotte: I know I don't know you personally nor through a check-in, but I de-lurked to tell you how sorry I am about your FIL.

I'll keep your family in my prayers (12 years Catholic school, all that tuition, should get me ahead of the line...LOL! ).

Take care of yourself!

You all are great! Thanks for the support. I was told 2 days and then things would get better, but the way he seems now, I am not sure. I think it is better for him to be at his own house with everything he needs there and with someone that can stay with him. I can't stay all the time. I am not sure what we are gonna do....take turns? I dunno.

Well I plan on getting in my ab work. Things have settled down for the most part so I need to do it now. Thanks again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.