Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for February

This week I am trying to be easy on the shoulders. I did P90X 3 Eccentric lower body with the Cold Start Warm up, 44 minutes, 200 calories. I never feel that that one is all that tough since some moves are non weighted so I did Cathe's Lean Legs and Abs, chair, firewalker, abs (omitting overhead moves with the weights) and stretch, 28 minutes, 113 calories. I also did X Train All Out Low Impact Hiit, 39 minutes, 299 calories.
Calories burned 612.
P90X3 eccentric legs 10 reps each move
squats 25# each hand
lunge 20# each hand
sumo 40#
weighted pistol 10# right then left
side kick bodyweight right then left
front kick bodyweight right then left
Albania squats with the chair 20# each hand right then left
adductor lunge 15# each hand right then left
cross reach 10# right then left
Tony' Triangle right then left bodyweight (I used the forearm option rather than being on my hand in a complete side plank)
bridge kicks 25# on hips right then left
hip flexor splits held up with push up stands9 I sort of held onto dumbbells holding my legs out
calf dog bodyweight right then left

Debbie, I quite often think that the joint supplement doesn't work but after I quit the problems come back more painful. I think the collagen gave me more noticeable result than the glucosamine chondroitin.

Today I did Cardio Coach #1. Was only going to take it easy but something inside me doesn't let me do that. I did great with this workout and my HR barely got raised. Not sure what's going on there.

Workout was 36 minutes, ran 2.51 miles, burned 224 calories (treadmill said 343) and went 4956 steps.

I also did a little of Yoga Stretch. I really need to do this whole workout. My body is so tight again.

Diane Sue - Nice workout yesterday!! I probably should get some more glucosomine. How's the shoulders?

Today I did Cathe's Ride on my spin bike 55 minutes, 12.82 miles, 424 calories. I warmed up a bit with Sarah Beth Yoga you tube morning yoga for 15 minutes. I also did her shoulder and neck stretch and her upper back . Both are not real long. Total time was 79 minutes and calories burned 424.

Debbie, it is just the right side. It is very painful. It hurts in the front of the shoulder and wraps up into the trap and neck. For awhile my triceps and delt were hurting as well. Almost a stinging pain. I was noticing this morning that some of my fingers on the left side was feeling numb and tingly when I was on the spin bike. I kept poking the fingers with my finger nails to try to get it o stop.

Today I did full body and had a great workout. This one was tough. Same workout as last Wednesday only in superset form.

Warmed up with GS Chest & Triceps.

4 sets/8 reps with 1:30 min. rest between each superset.

SS #1
Arnold Press: 20's
Squats: Skipped - Did Calf Raises instead. Used 20's and did 20 reps

SS #2
Hammer Curls w/Twist:
20's
Weighted Bench Dips: 57#

SS #3
Incline Barbell Press:
75#
Pullovers: 35#

Walked on my treadmill for a little over a mile.

Diane Sue - OMG, how did you do that? That sounds very painful. Maybe you should take a few days off??? Take it easy, you don't want that to get worse. Hope it gets better soon!

Roselyn - Where are you?

Today was a rest day. I had my 21 month old grandson over night. I took him home this morning and went shopping for stuff for a double family birthday party here on Saturday. I did not sleep well last night and my shoulder and neck hurt really bad. It is my fault because I chose to sleep on the twin sofa bed upstairs in the room adjacent to the workout room where I had my grandson sleeping in a pack and play. I was afraid he would wake up and crawl out and end up falling down the spiral staircase or through the railing that is pretty open over the living room. I could feel the springs in the mattress.

Debbie, I think it was a bit of stuff from two workouts that I did that caused my problem. I really went heavy on Max Hammer with the pull overs and then Plyometric Hammer a couple of days later when I did the pull up burpee move and the jump push ups which pushed to make it worse. I was stuggling when I got to the jump pushups. It was after that that it got worse.

Yes, Roselyn where are you?

Today I did all of Cardio Coach #6 with Candace and had a good workout. I looked back at my stats on the last few times I did this workout and I didn't do very well today even though it felt like I did. Weird. I did get off my treadmill to stretch my legs a few times so maybe that's why. Also, my FB isn't clocking my heart rate correctly. It's starting to do what all my other HR monitors did, clock me really low. When I was doing sprints it would clock me at 99 bpm. Really? My treadmill had a hard time finding my HR as well but at least at times showed 150 bpm. It was really erratic, though, would show 150, then drop to 120, the up to 180. WTH??? You would think these things would read better than that. Oh well...

Workout was 54 minutes, I burned 328 calories (treadmill said 517), ran 3.24 miles and got 6813 steps.

Diane Sue - I'm sorry you are having such issues with your neck. You should really take a rest week until you feel better.

Roselyn - Hope all is well with you. Hope your dad is ok.

Today I did Xtrain legs with the barre, 67 minutes and 15 minutes of yoga/stretching. Not a big calorie burner. I kept the weights that were in it at Cathe's. I chose this because there is not a lot of weights in it. I used it quite a bit when I was rehabilitating my knee post surgery. My shoulder is a bit better this morning. I just can not sleep on it.

Debbie, those heart rate monitors!! I am back to using my bluetooth. I had to remove all training devices, my Bluetooth speaker, my cell phone and when I use my tablet to monitor polar I cannot have it by the TV and stereo. Now it seems to be working. I have had them seem accurate and then suddenly start giving me low readings too.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Today was Full Body and was the same workout as last Friday but in superset form.

Warmup was GS Chest & Tri's

3 sets/15 reps, 2 minutes rest between each superset

SS #1
Double Arm Kickbacks:
8's dropped to 5's because my upper back was feeling pinched
Hammer Curls: 17's

SS #2
Pushups:
All on toes
Double-Arm Row: 17's

SS #3
Squats:
17's
Seated Front Raise: 8's

Then I walked 1 mile on my treadmill.

Diane Sue - LOL!! Sometimes technology isn't worth the trouble. I reverted to using my old CD player in my weight room because I got sick of Pandora not working right on my tablet. I love my CD player, it never fails me!!!

Happy Friday!!!

I am waiting at the car wash. I think I must have run over a dead skunk yesterday. I could smell it all over the house. This morning I did a workout I had not done in years. Bosu blast with Season Zinger and I also did the abs and stretch from Sharon Twombly on the same workout. I actually got the HR up to 167. This was 79 minutes 581 calories.

Debbie, the CD players never fail. I have a CD and cassette Sony system in the workout room. My 15 year old grandson thought it was funny I had CDs. My granddaughter the same age bought a record player and has been borrowing my records.

Last edited:
Today I did X Train Cardio Legs Strength only mix, Great Glutes bonus chair doing the calves twice and adding the stretch, and finishing with 4 Day Split lower intensity step, step only mix. My workout was 93 minutes, 513 calories. We are having a double birthday party in a couple of hours. I spent most of yesterday cleaning and making cakes and hummus. I am just picking up brisket and smoked chicken from Billy Sims. I didn't feel like doing that much cooking

Oh Gosh here I am!!

Thursday was Tabata Strength and Bulk Legs,Friday was Max 30 Friday Fight, yesterday was Bulk Chest and today was Bulk Arms.

My dad is healing from broken ankle with no surgery, so hopefully we stay on the straight and narrow!!

Awesome workouts girls!!

Today starts week 5 with full body. I had a great workout even though it was high rep. I hate high reps!!

Warmed up with GS Chest & Tri's.

2 sets/18 reps with 2 minutes rest between each set

Plie Squats: 30#
Overhead Tricep Extension: 20#
Barbell Reverse Curls: 25#
Lateral Raise: 8's/10's
Flat Dumbbell Flyes: 20's
Reverse Flyes: 12's

Walked 1 mile on my treadmill as well.

Have great workouts everyone!!!

This morning I Ripped with Hiit Low Impact Hiit 1, 28 minutes, 183 calories modifying a couple of the moves. I wanted to use the spin bike and watch a movie. My laptop had some sort of crash so had to go through all kinds of stuff to fix it. I ended up watching part of a movie on Vudu and spinning for about 30 minutes before the computer was done, I then put in Pedal Power and did Timesaver 3 skipping the warm up. The workout was 60 minute and calories 449. Total time was 88 minutes and calories burned 632
I went to the doctor today and she thinks my problem is the rotator cuff and it is aggravating the arthritis that I already have problems with in my neck area. She does not think that it is torn. I can workout and maybe even get away with curls or something but overhead stuff and shoulder work is out. She said that pull ups leave the rotator cuff in a vulnerable position. So, I have some muscle relaxers that I am not sure I want to use. I might to sleep. Also since I have used so much Advil and it is making me sick to the stomach she gave me a 24 hour pain reliever. Anyway, both cause drowsiness so I am doubtful I will use them.

Today I did Run Fit and had an excellent workout! Love this workout!!!

Total workout time was 52 minutes, ran for 3.72 miles, burned 345 calories (treadmill said 498) and went 7276 steps. :)

Diane Sue - I'm so sorry to hear about your shoulder. I think you need to take a rest and let it heal a bit. That sounds very painful.

Roselyn - I use Raw Protein for my drinks and love it. I'm in a hurry right now but I'll be back later to send you the link.

I have lots going on today. I am leaving to help my daughter out in a bit so she can take her son to the doctor. I got up early and did Step Moves, 44 minutes, 269 calories. I don't know why the calorie burn was so low. Generally I get around 325 with this one. Maybe I just was so careful with the arm movements and I did stumble through some of the choreography since it has been a long time since I have done that one. I hurried out to the polls to vote and I locked my keys in my running car while looking at a couple coming out that were smiling and saying high to me. I cannot believe I did that !! :rolleyes::confused: I have not done anything like that in years. My husband has to work all night so he was sleeping. I couldn't get ahold of him so had my grandson come and get me. Still had to ring the doorbell because my keys were in my car. I need a spare key. I am glad that is over with. Hopefully the rest of the day is better. I did not take the muscle relaxer the doctor gave me. I don't think I am going to. The shoulder feels better this morning. I think the less meds I take the better.

Debbie, I would be interested in what kind of raw protein that you are using. I have mostly been using grassfed whey. I won't use anything with artificial sweeteners unless it is stevia. I have tried Vega and Sun Warrior formulas. I also tried Amazing grass food or meal or something like that. I have sort of been interested in seeing how pumpkin protein is.

Roselyn, good to have you check in again.

Today I did another full body workout. Liked this one, it only took 28 minutes.

Warmup was GS Chest & Tri's.

2 sets/8 reps with 1 minute rest between each set

Incline Barbell Press: 75#
Barbell Row: 55#
Squats: 25's
Barbell Military Press: 35#/40#
EZ Barbell Curl: 35#
Lying EZ Barbell Tricep Extension: 30#

Did some V crunches and then walked on my treadmill for 1.25 miles. Had a great workout!!!

Diane Sue & Roselyn - this is what I use and love. Chocolate is the best: http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/gard...olate-cacao-650-g-powder/gu-7031#.Vtbb1pwrIhc let me know if this link does't work.

Today I did Cathe Live Lower Body Burn, 52 minutes, 294 calories. I chose this one because it is lighter in weights. I then did Lean Legs and Abs, chair/firewalker, abs, and stretch, 28 minutes, 77 calories. I kind of liked the intense quick cardio a the start before lifting :)
Last night I did Cathe Live Crush it Low Impact Live 34 minutes, 200 calories and You tube Sarah Beth Yoga Hands Free Yoga, 27 minutes, 77 calories. I wanted to Check out Cathe Live before I got up this morning to do my workout. I could have done better with Crush it but I avoided the overhead stuff with a dumbbell.

Debbie, thanks for the link. I like that it has K7 in the list of nutrients. I have seen it at Sprouts so when I go I may just pick up some. I have been using Only Protein Meal replacement and regular along with Amazing Grass Greens powder. The last time I bought Amazing grass I bought the energy one. It tastes nasty. It is lemon lime so I don't mix it with the protein powder like I did the Aquai berry flavor. The Only Protein Meal replacement has extra BCAA added.

Today I did Cardio Coach #1. My favorite shorter workout. I did well with it. My body was tight and having problems getting into the groove, but once it did, I did well.

Workout was 36 minutes, ran 2.3 miles, burned 232 calories (yea right!) and went 4694 steps.

I also did Stretch Max w/band workout.

Dang, I looked back to some older posts that we had for this check in and I can't believe how many people we used to have check in with us. Some I don't even remember. What happened? Why did everyone leave? So sad. I'm thankful you two still check in every day, it's nice to see what friends are doing each day. :)

I will probably do one of Cathe's step live workouts today. My shoulder did even better last night.

Debbie,I see some that used to be here around facebook. I have a couple that I check in with on facebook. Not as much anymore though. I just talk to myself. When I think I am going to quit they check in. One I play words with friends with. The only one I play that with. I had family at one time but, they cheated and I told them what was the point of playing? Nice calorie burn for a short workout.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.