Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for August 2020

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I can't believe it's already August. DH and I went for a 3 mile walk this early this morning. We finally got some rain last night, it was nice cool walk this morning.
I am getting ready to do Cardio Core Circuit.

I will be back with personals.

STS Cardio Core circuit plus SBF D33 Interval 7 is done. I had to modify some of the core work. I did all the impact on my rebounder. I love my rebounder :) I can do all Cathe's high impact workouts without the impact on my knees. So much fun on the rebounder too.

I am so excited for Cathe' new series. BBL!

Reactions: WD
Belinda - just FYI - It's July 31st. :) But that's ok, it will be August tomorrow and I cannot believe it. Where did the time go? So sad to think winter is just around the corner. :(

Anyways, today I did RAW Weights Circuit #1 and had a really good workout. I like this one, Kelly moves from one exercise to another doing each exercise for 30 seconds - it is a fun and fast workout, love it!!

30 seconds each exercise, 10 seconds rest

Dumbbell Flies: 17.5's
Skull Crushers: 10's
Pledges: 12's
Alternate Overhead Press: 12's
Alternate One Arm Row: 25# (I like how she does these)
Double Arm Kickbacks: 8's
Deadlifts: 30# barbell
Plie Squats: 30# barbell
Dumbbell Flies: 17.5's
Skull Crushers: 10's
Pledges: 12's
Alternate One Arm Row: 25#
Lateral Raise: 8's
Deadlifts: 30# barbell
Dumbbell Press: 20's
Tate Press: 20's (I don't like these, they hurt my elbows so I did Close Grip Bench Press)
Hammer Curls: 15's
Alternate Overhead Press: 12's
Barbell Row: 30#
Kickstand Deadlifts: 30# barbell
Dumbbell Chest Press: 20's
Tate Press: 20's (I did Close Grip Bench Press)
Alternate Lateral Raise: 8's
Kickstand Deadlifts: 30# barbell
Barbell Squats: 30#
Chest Flies: 20's

Workout was 33 minutes, burned 214 calories, did 1067 steps and HR wad 126/154.

Also walked on my treadmill for 30 minutes, burned 206 calories, went 1.46 miles, did 3531 steps and HR was 125/180.

I have something going on at the arch of my foot, it feels like the muscle is really tight (what is it with my body and tight muscles for goodness sakes?) I've been really stretching my calf and toes and although it helps a little, it is still there and I really notice it when I walk on my treadmill. It actually pulls the toe next to my pinky down and it hurts after a while. WTF?

Belinda - Great job with your walk and workout this morning. I don't remember that workout in the STS series? Is it a new add-on she did? I'm so out of it with Cathe's DVD workouts, I don't even know what's out there anymore.

Jolie - I heard about Herman Cain, how sad. Now tell me why we've had almost 2 weeks of hearing about John Lewis passing away and the news only puts a blurb out there for Herman? Unbelievable. Could it be because John was a democrat and Herman was a republican? The media should be ashamed of themselves, I sometimes wonder how they can look in the mirror every day. I'm glad your dad is recovering, hopefully one more visit will do it. Did your mom decide to come back and stay with your dad? You said you were going to visit them, so I was wondering if she decided to come back. My right ankle has been bothering me too, however, the last few days it's been good. Not sure what I did to it. I hate getting old.

Roselyn - Great job with your workout!

Diane - Glad you got your washer, don't you just love cleaning stuff up that's been let go for a long time? It's usually a daunting task, but makes you feel so good when it's complete.

Roxie - Hope you are doing well.

Have a great weekend everyone. I can't believe I go back to work in 4 days. Holy smokes.

Oh boy, lol :D Sorry about that. We can ignore/delete this thread. I guess I lost track of time this morning. It was early when I went for a walk. Skipped my coffee too. I was thinking about winter is just around the corner. Time flies. Great job on your workout this morning.

Ok, its not August so I posted on the July thread! I did a TM walk, 60 minutes, 7.0 incline, 3.2 speed, traveled 3.1 miles and burned 599 calories.

Belinda, nice job with the workout today. I was just thinking the same thing, I love Fall and Winter, they are my favorite seasons, I am a big football fan so that starts in August and goes through Jan. I love the turning of the leaves, we don't have that much at the beach but I can go to the mountains and get my fill.

Debbie, I hate getting old too! Great workout today, I have to try that one sometime. I might just subscribe to the RAW workouts and alternate them with Cathe like you do. Do I just go on her website to do that like we do with Cathe? Sorry to hear about your foot, it is probably from all of the TM walking.

Diane Sue, I hope you slept better last night! Nice that you got a new washing machine. I will be praying for you tonight to get a superb nights sleep. :)

BBL to read your posts, off to look at a house with a big yard, but a little further away from the beach.

Happy Friday.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw new workout Box and Squat, 39 minutes, 143 calories, heart rate 103/142, 2,591 steps. Step Box PHA3, timesaver #3 mixed, 35 minutes, 92 calories, heart rate 98/121, 1,052 steps and the 10 minute bonus lying stretch, 9 calories, 9 steps:rolleyes:
Total time 84 minutes, 244 calories, 3,643 steps.
I did not record the moves for Box and Squat yet. Kelly and two others do boxing with variations of squats throughout holding egg weights. I think Kelly said hers were 1.5# I used 1.5# weighted gloves.
Weights PHA 3 mixed timesaver
alternating rear lunges 10# dbs off of step
arnold press 8# dbs Cathe 10#
hop squat rear lunges 12# dbs
biceps curls 12# dbs
push dips 12# dbs
pullover and chest fly 12# dbs
rear slide lunges 12# dbs 10 reps right 10 reps left
gliding disc slide back/ 2 push ups jacks/ stand 8 reps
one arm rows in plank 15# dumbbell 12 reps
front to back lunges using step 12# dbs 10 reps
front side lateral raises 5# dbs
sumo squat deadlift 15# dbs 10 reps
push ups 6/10 dips 4 times

Belinda, nice workout today. I remember liking how tough the core was on that workout. I had to do a double take of the date ;) We have had quite a bit of rain lately.

Debbie, summer is just disappearing quickly. Yes, it feels so good to clean things up like that. Cleaned under refrigerator as well, cleared out junk and late last night I scrubbed the brick on the front of the fireplace. Amazing that there was black there from using the gas logs. I was on a clean streak and moved the furniture downstairs to clean. Not the piano though. Trying to figure a way to clean under it. That weights circuit is such a good one. I like the tate press, but can understand when your elbows hurt not wanting to do it. I found that the Arnold press hurts the front of my shoulders more than just shoulder press and I always loved doing Arnold presses and much heavier.
That is odd about your foot. My foot felt like something was pulling when I had PF. I wore a special foot device to bed that pulled my toes up a little bit. Lots of stretching and I rolled my foot over a ball and balanced on the foam roller when doing my hair. I would suggest different inserts, but not sure that would help. I went through a lot of shoes and inserts trying to get help.
It is so sad how liberal media and politics ugliness, and bias even when it is a lie or half truth and blatant is accepted. Herman Cain was such a nice person from what I understand. And all the media can comment on is he didn't wear a stupid mask!! Oh, and of course Trump's name had to come in there too. They have no shame and I told my husband I couldn't see how they could sleep at night other than they have no conscience at all.

Jolie, I generally appreciate July and August as there is not a bunch of ice, tornadoes, hail and bad weather. It is hot, but as long as I have air I am good:) Plus August I usually have a bit of time without bad allergies till the cedar pollen starts up. Nice treadmill workout today. I did get 6 hr 46 minutes sleep last night. I didn't wake up till 8:30 this morning. Hopefully tonight will be good, thanks for your prayers.
Not Debbie, but yes, you just go to Kelly's website and sign up. I think her workouts are well worth the 6.99 a month cost. The one I did today is no impact, boxing with squat moves and arm movements. Wish my watch would have done better though.
I posted above to Debbie about Herman Cain. I feel so sad about his death. I am glad to hear your Dad is doing better.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Crush #2, 32 minutes, heart rate 130/169, 3,155 steps followed by Coffey Fit Raw Cardio and Tone, 31 minutes, heart rate 122/171, 2,062 steps. I find with cardio and tone that when I do the floor toning portion it takes the average heart rate down. Happy the Fit Bit functioned half way decent this morning. It gets close to being tossed.
Total time was 63 minutes, 316 calories, 5,217 steps.

Belinda, nice that you got your walk and PHA3 done already this morning.

No workout yesterday, it was my 2nd rest day for the week. Today I killed it doing cardio, TM, 50 minutes, 6.5 incline, 3.1 speed, traveled 2.5 miles. Then I did the Elliptical for 11 minutes, 1.2 miles, interval mode, 2 minutes uphill high resistance, 2 minutes low incline lower resistance and I ended with a 5 minute cool down on the TM. Total calorie burn was 681. Heart rate was 135/171. Boy, it feels great to run on the elliptical, why do I not do it more? Dread factor I suppose.

Great workouts yesterday everyone!

Happy Sunday my friends.

Hi everyone,

I will do a stretch maybe later, lol. I may take a complete rest day today. Kinda tired.

Jolie - wow, on your cardio today. I can't get into KCM workouts after her post in 2016 on Facebook.

Diane - I like the Step Boss workouts. Can't wait for Perfect 30 especially the mobility workout.

Debbie - Cardio Core Circuit is from her STS Cardio series. Great job on Friday.

Roselyn - Cathe's August rotation looks like fun.

Good morning,

Lite Metabolic Blast plus SBF D36 Thin Tights Fast 2 is done. I will go for a walk soon. It's getting cooler outside, I don't need to get up so early.

I will try to check in later.

Wow, two more days and I'm back to work. I'm thankful I can go back, but I sure will miss staying at home and doing as long a workout as I want. Now I'll be back to 4:30 workouts and only an hour. :( Bitter sweet.

Today I did Kelly's RAW Weights 2 for the 2nd time. Great workout, I really like this one. It goes by fast and is tough even with light weights, muscles were burning by the end.

This is what I did:

Each move was 45 seconds with a short maybe 10 second break. These were not done circuit style, each exercises was 2 sets in a row.

Squats: 15's - 2 sets
Plie Squats: 20# - 2 sets
Deadlift/Squats: 15's - 2 sets

Dumbbell Press: 15's - 2 sets
Explosive Reverse Flies: 10's - 2 sets
Pullovers: 20# - 2 sets
Seated Supinated Hammer Curls: 10's - 2 sets
W Curls: 10's - 2 sets
Situps to Overhead Press: 8's - 2 sets
Leaning back w/Knees Up & Hammer Curls: 10's - (I did Hammer Curls only)
Russian Twist w/Knees Up: 10# - (I did not bring my knees up)

Alternate Front Lunges: 10's - 2 sets
Alternate Back Lunges: 10's - 2 sets
Alternate Side Lunges: 10# - 2 sets (I did curtsy lunges instead)

Tate Press: 10's - 2 sets (I hate this exercise, I did Lying Extensions)
Seated Bent Over Lateral Raise, Thumbs Up: 8's - 2 sets
Seated Overhead Press to Triceps Extension: 8's - 2 sets

Abs

The ab work goes quick, but it is intense. I really felt it in my lower abs today. Workout was 45 minutes, burned 244 calories (last time I only burned 195!), went 781 steps and HR was 117/179.

Also walked on my treadmill for 25 minutes, burned 139 calories, went 1.19 miles and did 2918 steps. HR was 103/126.

Jolie - I use Kelly's RAW workouts on my Roku using the VHX app. Diane said she can't use that app anymore for some reason but it still works for me. I had to set up an account for streaming on her website and then if I remember correctly, when I logged into the VHX app on my TV, her workout was there but I had to enter a code that was where I registered for RAW on my computer. It was similar to how you login for Cathe's live workouts. I don't remember it being too hard to do. I also love the seasons and fall is my favorite time of year. I love summer, though, because I don't have to work. One of my good friends decided to retire when she turns 55, wish I could do that! Even though I love my job, I love staying home more. This COVID shit made me realize that. Excellent job with your cardio yesterday!! How come you're not doing Yvette workouts anymore, it's been a while hasn't it? I guess we start getting tired of the same stuff and trainer so I'm guessing that's why. You were really kicking butt with those workouts, though. Not that you aren't with the ones you're doing now, just saying. :) I need to do more Cathe Live, but I like the shorter workouts like Kelly does. But Cathe's workouts are so good.

Diane - How was the Box and Squat workout, are there weights in that workout? I was thinking about doing that one on Thursday. I need to start planning my workouts now that I go back to work so I don't waste time in the morning. Was it a good workout? Looking forward to trying it. I'm hoping I don't have PF with my foot, they really have been bothering me lately, my arches on both feet hurt all the time. I went to my podiatrist but she doesn't seem like she knows what it could be. She's so expensive, you'd think she would know some tricks to alleviating foot pain for goodness sakes. My arches help but I wonder sometimes if they are the cause? Great job with your workouts this weekend!!

Belinda - I didn't even know Cathe had an STS Cardio series out. LMAO!! Boy, I am out of the loop for sure. Nice job with your workouts!! :)

Roselyn - Great job with your shoulder workout! I'll have to check out Cathe's rotation, I haven't done one of those in years!

Have a great day everyone!!

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Amped Up Cardio #1, 31 minutes, 159 calories, 3,157 steps, heart rate 123/156. I then did Strong and Sweaty Cardio Slam timesaver #1 no mat, 34 minutes, 167 calories, heart rate 124/155, 2,468 steps. I finished with Strong and Sweaty abs, 13 minutes, 27 calories( I guessed the fitbit calories before I checked as Cathe's workout manager said 72) heart rate 97/122, 213 steps. Total time was 78 minutes, 353 calories, 5,838 steps. I have to go grocery shopping in a bit and then get things done around the house. I slept 7 hours last night:)
Kelly did a live raw workout on the facebook group this morning. I saw a few minutes of it, but was not ready to workout. Since I saw that they used a step and what looked like light weights, I made today a just cardio day. She will put it up in the app. She is doing these live for our group on Monday mornings at 9:45 this month. She is trying to cheer the ladies up. Did a turn off media day and next day come back with being more positive challenge.

Belinda, nice that it is cooling off a bit and you don't have to get up so early. Nice work and getting in a 2 mile walk.

Debbie, the Box and Squat workout was a good one. They use those egg weights they they hold in the palm of their hands throughout. Suggested that you can use dumbbells or weight gloves. It is kickboxing moves and variations on squat moves that include some upper moves. I need to watch it and get the run down on paper for my notes.
I really like the weights workout that you did today. It is hard to make changes in our schedules once we get used to them. You really would think a podiatrist could help. My primary doctor did an x-ray of my foot when I was having problems. I also had a bone spur. I do not like it when I go to the doctor and they just look at something and see how much mobility is there and send you home with no help. I once bought some Superfeet inserts that were just so hard and felt like the arches were really high. They made my forefoot hurt. I kept trying to wear them because they cost me so much, then finally got rid of them. I could see too high arches causing problems in the forefoot.

I think I forgot to tell you girls that I started a water challenge last week and I am drinking ONE GALLON of water every day for 75 days! Boy, I love to drink water but this is harder than you would think. I am drinking Alkaline water and I am feeling so good, you should see how much better my skin looks! No more mental fog, tons of energy and I have lost some weight, drinking that much water really fills me up, I am snacking less. I will keep you all posted how it is going but so far I have less joint pain and that in itself is fantastic!

I had a fantastic workout today, I slept great, 10 hours and really went for it! Started with a TM walk, 30 minutes, 6.5 incline, 3.2 speed, traveled 1.6 miles and burned 284 calories. Next I did Cathe Live # 145 Upper Body Bootcamp and crushed it! 474 calories. Total workout time was 90 minutes and I burned 759 calories. Now I am going to stretch:) Heart rate was 127/176. I am really trying to burn some fat since I gained weight on covid, I guess staying home and sitting around a lot more made me gain weight, but its coming off now!

Debbie, way to go on the workout today. I am going to sign up for Kelly's workouts on the computer, I preview a few on YouTube and thought they looked great. And, both you and Diane like them so much I thought I might give them a try. I stopped doing Yvett's workouts right now because my ankles have been sore and the lump on my foot I didn't want to do such high impact. Now that the lump is gone and my ankles are getting better I will probably work a few in each month, but crap, they are hard! I am loving doing a lot of cardio on my TM and Elliptical again so I am doing that for now. Enjoy your last two days off before you go back to school.

Diane Sue, you are up and working out early today! I am so happy that you got a good nights sleep. Doesn't that just make all the difference in getting through the day? Great job on the workout today, you are kicking butt lately! I am making an Asian Salad today with lettuce, carrots, red peppers, cilantro, avocado and Asian ginger dressing with lime. YUM!

Belinda, way to go on the workout and the walk this morning. It is supposed to get cooler here this week as well, it is foggy right now I can barely see the ocean. I love the fog, it is so relaxing and so much cooler for working out.

Doreen, where are you! I hope nothing has happened to you, those mountain bike rides kinda scare me!!! Please check in and let us know what is up!

Roselyn, I hope you have a nice workout today.

Happy Monday.

I am back from the store. I tend to go to Dollar General for paper goods and things I cannot get from Sprouts and then hit Sprouts since both are close and I can avoid Walmart that way. I just wish things I want to pick up were available when I go out. Plus I purchased Bulletproof collagen booster for joints on Amazon and when I went to Sprouts today it was way less than it cost me on Amazon. Amazon is pretty much the same as Bulletproof website. Sprouts has it in their monthly deals at 23.99. I was surprised the joint formula was the same as the gut and beauty one since it is generally higher. It only lasts 16 servings. I wanted to see how helpful it is since it has collagen along with glucosamine, chondroitin, boswellia in it. I guess a couple of weeks should show if I am wasting money. I picked up a couple of Suja immunity shots since they are on my Ibotta rebates. Wish they would get the Nuun back in stock. I was buying those because I got 1.00 rebate each time I purchased one.

Jolie, I really did feel a lot more energetic this morning. Usually I am dragging myself and pushing to get to the workout and afternoons I feel lethargic. Still going right now :) Hope it lasts through cleaning this evening and I get to bed at a decent time. I have no clue how much water that I drink, but I drink a lot along with kombucha tea, decaf coffee, collagen drinks. When I had surgery they told me to drink a lot of water and eat lots of protein for healing. I keep those tall bottles of alkaline water and electrolyte water in my workout room small refrigerator just for myself:) . Keeping well hydrated is great for keeping the joints lubricated. I bet the break from Yvette has been good for your joints. I think you will like Kelly's Raw channel. Your salad sounds yummy. I just had to throw a batch of cilantro away:( I hate when I buy stuff for a recipe and don't get it used. It can be frozen, but then is only good for cooked dishes. I checked out a diabetic magazine from my library online and saw a bunch of great ideas for salads and dressings/toppings I want to try. I have picked up those magazines before as diabetic diets are often good for heart disease and a lot of other health issues. Gives me more ideas. I was also looking for hair style ideas magazines, but there were none :( Not that I plan on going to a salon anytime soon. My husband would have to do it.

Has anyone tried the Vital proteins sleep shots? I have a rebate available on those, but 1.00 off is not much compared to spending almost 5.00 for a shot. I would expect it to work wonderfully. Too much of that kind of stuff often leaves me tired the next morning.

Good Evening

I did BeachBody Muscle Burns Fat Lower Body Burn WK1 D1 hopefully I can stick with this one.

Good morning,

No walk this morning. It's raining really bad outside. Maybe I get a walk in later today.
I did Cathe Lite Cardio Party. Getting ready to do my SBF D37 Upper Core/Cardo/abs.

Roxie - good job yesterday. The new program sounds interesting.

Jolie - I am going to have to check out that BC workout you did yesterday. Nice job.How is your dad doing? I hear you on Yvette's workouts.

Diane - I have to check out Vital proteins sleep shots? Great job yesterday.

Debbie and Roselyn - hope you have a great workout today.

I have lots to get done. I will try to be back later.

Well, I'll be back at work this time tomorrow. :( I have mixed feeling about it, but I am thankful I still have my job. I want to go see my mom (I had lunch with her yesterday) but the assisted living place my DH works at now has a few cases of Coronavirus and I do not want to put my mom at risk. I wore my mask in her house yesterday but I just don't want to push my luck. This virus sure seems like it's unstoppable. MY DH will get tested three times this week, so we'll see if he has it. He has been getting tested weekly for about a month now and has been negative each time.

So today I did CL #297, Cardio Party Play Date and had an ok workout. Some of it was high impact and I tried to do some of it but my knees just didn't like that. The collagen I am taking is helping a lot, but I can still only take so much high impact. It was fun and I did have a good workout.

Workout was 38 minutes, burned 267 calories, did 4171 steps and HR was 130/162.

Then I did Max Power 21 w/Marc on my Max Trainer and had an excellent workout. Tough workout but doable, I like this one. 16 intervals of 10 second sprints at a resistance of 5 and 7. So 6 at a resistance of 5, 4 at a resistance of 7 and 6 more at a resistance of 5. It says it's 18 intervals but I think Marc petered out. LOL! It was fun, though.

Workout was 25 minutes, burned only 170 calories (MT said 202), went .53 miles, did 1457 steps and HR was 130/168.

Belinda - Believe it or not, I do not have the Shock Cardio set. Cathe's cardio scares me anymore, I just can't do all that high impact she does. I know I can modify, but then I feel like a wimp. LOL!! Sorry you didn't get to walk this morning, it's been raining here for the last four days. We had a drought during July so this is a treat, but now it's almost too much. I'm glad I haven't had to water all my plants, though!

Diane - Interesting on Kelly's FB workouts. I can't wait to try the Box and Squat one and now I need to take a look at this latest one. She is really cranking out the workouts. Love her stuff!! Yea, I was a bit mad at my podiatrist, she said to go get new shoes and inserts and then if the pain continued she would do x-rays. Well, the pain is still there but I haven't made an appointment yet. She is expensive and my insurance doesn't pay much for her. She should have just x-rayed me while I was there to begin with. Oh well... Great job with your cardio workout yesterday! You kicked butt!

Jolie - I usually drink a gallon of water each day, have for a very long time, especially during the week. Weekends are a bit of a challenge because I'm not disciplined during the weekends. I still try to get my gallon in, though. Great job with your kick butt workouts yesterday, dang, you go!!! And I get it about Yvette, she is very intimidating to me. Are you still having foot surgery?

Roxie - Great job with your workout, do you still buy the subscription to Beachbody? Or do you have the DVDs? I keep thinking about joining again but I really wish they'd give a monthly option. Plus I think they are way expensive. Great job with your workout.

Yea, really starting to get worried about Doreen. No way is she still on vacation. I wonder if she has posted on this forum anywhere else? I might search and see if I can find anything.

Have a great workout everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.