Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2021

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

XTrain Biceps and Triceps is done. I also did SBF D11 BA Bounce TB.

Have a wonderful day and workout, everyone!

Reactions: WD
It's snowing here and that's not an April fools joke! Yesterday it was almost 70 degress, today it was 18 and snowing. Yikes!!!

This morning I walked on my treadmill for about 25 minutes and then did one of CDorner's Mobility workouts. It was one I've done before and works more on feet and hips. It was a good one and only 20 minutes. Her chattering with people sort of gets annoying after a while. Just do the damn workout! LOL! Tomorrow I want to try one of her Tabata workouts but they all seem to have things like mountain climbers and plank work in them. I can't do those exercises right now. Luckily in the one I was watching she does give other options. Looking forward to trying one of those.

Roxie- I haven't tried Colourpop yet but want to. Some of their eyeshadow colors are too strong for me. I like the subtle nudish colors the best. Milani is another favorite of mine and also, a great foundation is L'Oreal Age Perfect Foundation. That is some great stuff, I wear it almost every day. I just reordered a tube because I've gone through the one I have already. Love it. I checked out Steph05, good stuff on her channel.

Diane - What on earth could you have done to your side just by turning to talk to your DH? It's crazy how something so simple can put us in pain for days or weeks. I sure hope it gets better soon. Maybe wrap a heating pad around you this evening if you have time. That might help make it relax. So sorry you are dealing with that, now. I also have a step stool in my kitchen, my cabinets are all high, too. Good job with your workouts even though you were in some pain doing it! You have me wanting a Garmin watch now. I'll have to check it out. It sounds awesome. You might want to try the L'Oreal Age Perfect Foundation, that is some good stuff and makes your skin look so hydrated. I've never tried the Tarte foundation, I usually go more for their eyeshadows.

Roselyn - I've learned so much watching these women over 50 do makeup. I've always done my makeup and always loved it, but it's nice to see women our age do it and look 35, I've learned a lot. Nice workout!

Doreen - Yikes on all the things you have going on right now! Anytime a home gets remodeled it is such a pain. But it will be so nice when it's done!! Keep your chin up! :)

Belinda - Good job with your workout this morning!

Have a great day everyone! I'm off for spring break after today! Woo Hoo!!!

In regards to makeup, I barely wear any unless I have something like going out to dinner or a meeting ect. I use tinted moisturizer, blush and mascara, oh and lip stick of some sort. I use primarily NARS, Chanel and IT cosmetics. I do like Bare Minerals blush and their Skinology face skin care. I am pretty tan most of the time so I dont need to wear makeup that much and I am happy about that. I used to wear it for work all of the time but know that I quit, my skin is 100% better. Oh, I like Illuminator that is a cream, that looks nice with blush.

Ok, back to the workout. Yesterday was a rest day. Today I did Cathe Live Vertical Loading and had a fantastic workout. I subbed out the lunges for my rowing machine so that worked great. Workout was 52 minutes and I burned 425 calories. I lifted pretty lite again, my wrist is still a bit sore as well as my elbow.

My son just called and he tested for Covid this morning. But, they re tested him 3 hours later with a different test and he tested negative. See how the numbers are very in correct. He says he does not have one symptom so I do not now what to think. I am supposed to see my parents for Easter but I may re think that since my son was just home this past weekend. I feel fine and so does my son and husband.

Debbie, nice workout today. I cant believe it is snowing!!!! It is 85 degrees here today. I cant wait to sit in the sun and read today for a little while.

Diane Sue, which Garmin did you get? There are so many and boy are they expensive, at least the ones that I say at my local running store. I hope you are feeling better. I dont need a stool in my kitchen, I am 5 feet 10 inches so I can reach just about anything with these long arms and legs :)

Belinda, nice workout today! I am going to try to eat more Keto style while on my fast. I am definitely eating too many carbs now that I am thinking about what I eat all of the time. Today will be a protein style hamburger, doesnt that sound good with pickles on it. I am in the mood for summer food since it is so warm out.

Roselyn, I hope you have a nice workout.

Doreen, Remodeling sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, it is great when it is finished :)

Have a wonderful day. I cant wait to work setting up my patio today, I think I will go and buy some new potted plants.

No workout today. I did not turn my watch alarm on and overslept and just crawled out of bed when the grandchildren came in. I had to rush to get breakfast and head them out to my granddaughter's dentist appointment. Since I was back in my old area I decided to take them to Wendys and then stopped at Walmart for some things. Then school. No time, and my side still hurts. This house has a whirlpool tub. I keep eyeing it, but then I think that is time consuming and would have to wait till night time. So many things here to figure out. I spent one evening up till midnight just getting the Nest thermostat set up with the internet. It is a house with smart wifi light switches and stuff. I need to figure out how to change the wifi and stuff on the doorbell Nest camera. I know they set it up with the QR code when installing, but I do not have that. I would like to get the workout space all set up. I do not know what we did with the screws to the console on the Tread Climber or I would try walking on it. I need to research this new pain. Maybe too many super heavy boxes and angles, maybe partly because I had my husband throw out the memory foam we had on our bed. The twisting move was probably the last straw.

Debbie, sometimes I like CDorner chattering when it is about fitness helpers or shopping items. It sort of bugs when she leaves the workout and tells you to keep going so she can get close to her tablet to read what someone says or something. Or look at something. But, I do like her workouts. I think I did a tabata workout with her. It seems she gave some modifiers and variations for some moves. Sometimes lately when there are things like mountain climbers or spider man climbers I just stay standing and do a high knee run, or the high knees to the side thing. We have had lots of times where it would be 70's and 80's and then just start sleeting and snowing within hours. Really weird. It is cooler here today. I don't want any snow. I remember having the hyacinths before and the always would bloom a couple of days and we would have a freeze and the fell over.

Belinda, nice work with Biceps and Triceps this morning.

Jolie, here is a link to the Garmin I got. I chose the white band because it cost less than the others and it is easy to change to another color. Although I kind of like it white. Amazon.com: Garmin 010-02172-21 Vivoactive 4S, Smaller-Sized GPS Smartwatch, Features Music, Body Energy Monitoring, Animated Workouts, Pulse Ox Sensors, Rose Gold with White Band I know those tests for covid are not always right. I wondered if they were using the quick tests on those immigrants coming over the border. My quick test was negative when I had them give me the other one because I knew I was exposed and how I was feeling. Glad the second one was negative. My older daughter is about 4 inches taller than me. She put a lot of my stuff in the cabinets for me. We have really high ceilings. I guess it is good they took advantage of the space all of the way up. The only Nars I have is one single eye shadow. I like something that gives a tiny bit of glow to the cheeks. I have been using some from 100% Pure for a couple of years. The Primer foundation in a tube from Tarte is nice. It gives a bit of coverage, looks moist, and has a high spf suncreen. I use it alone in summer when outdoors. It looks great under the other foundation in a tube. I only do that for special occasions though. Too expensive.

Doreen, I will have to go back and read your post. Remodeling is a lot of work and leaves such a mess to clean up and work around.

Doreen, I hope things get better. I do not know why these appliances are taking so long to get. So many people are having problems with that. The people that bought our house wanted to know if they could by our refrigerator in the garage. I said no because we use the freezer space as our freezer quit. We gave them our dryer though. Would have left both as the new house has a stainless pair that is fairly new in it, but my son in law said theirs was near it's end and they got it. We bought it less than a year ago. My daughter was waiting a couple of months because of delays to get her washer, but we ordered the one we got through Best Buy and they had it here in a week. My daughter used Lowes. I cannot imagine work, remodel delay, and a new puppy.

Good Evening,

Long day at work. I received the new colourpop eyeshadow today. I saw where Malawi is coming out with onion and garlic scented skin care my question is why?

Jolie-I have the taupe, mauve, lilac you a lot, wild nothing and the garden palette plus the new one.

Diane Sue- I had a NARS pale but it made my eyes water so I gave it to my niece.

Debbie-I like watching the dupes where they find cheaper versions of the original. CColor and Alter Ego have some really good dupes.

This morning I did CDorner #3 - Cardio Tabata. It was a fun workout. She is in a cabin, I'm assuming that is her house. It's beautiful. This was an older workout so I'm wondering if she added on for a workout studio. Really cool house. She's working out in front of a wood burner. LOL!! She said it was 65 outside and she has the wood burning going. WTH?

Anyways, workout was 30 minutes, burned 186 calories, did 3123 steps and HR was 115/151. I never seen my HR get up to 151, every time I looked at my stupid watch it said I was just over 100. I was working hard and sweating pretty good towards the end. I just don't get this thing.

My tricep is hurting again. So sick of this.

Anyone know anything about HEMP protein powder? I read that all the protein powders I have ever used - whey and plant - have lead, mercury and arsenic in them. WTF???? So sick of finding this stuff out. So we all probably have heavy metals stored in our bodies and if we ever break a hip or bone, we will be screwed. Anyways, I friend told me about Hemp powder and I ordered some from Amazon. It doesn't have a flavor and I like it pretty well in my shakes. Has anyone on here heard anything bad about taking this stuff? Yeesh, these healthy alternatives should be safe to use, not build heavy metals up in your system!

Roxie - Good question, why would anyone want to wear onion and garlic on their face. How stupid. I like dupe videos too, there is some really good drug store makeup out there. Again, I love Milani and L'Oreal. I may order the Going Coconuts eyeshadow, I like that one.

Jolie - You are lucky that you don't have to wear makeup. I am so fair skinned and I have red blotches on my face. I'm Italian, too, not sure where I got the fair skin from? My dad I guess. Scary stuff about your son, this virus isn't going away. We are ticking up in cases again here in Ohio. Will it ever end? Nice job with your workout yesterday!

Diane - Sorry you are still in pain, I wonder what happened? I think you're right, all that moving finally made something snap. I sure hope it doesn't take forever to heal like everything else seems to these days. I still can't figure out why it takes so long for our bodies to heal. I get that we are older, but come on. Chris kept stopping during the tabata workout I did today, it was really annoying. But her workouts are really good, I think I can overlook it. LOL! Plus they are free. I like the Garmin, very cool.

Belinda - You were a workout fool yesterday! Good lord girl, nice going!!!

Roselyn - I might try the Going Coconuts, looks like a great eyeshadow!!

Have a great day everyone! and Happy Easter! Blessings to you all!

Good morning,

It also snowed here yesterday :( I took a walk this morning, it was in the 30's. Very cold! I also did SBF D12 Barre Amped Stretch plus Breathing Target.

Roselyn - SBF stands for Suzanne Bowen Fitness. Her workouts are barre/pilates/yoga.

Debbie - I sure was a workout fool yesterday, lol. I slept pretty good last night. I have never tried Hemp protein powders. I have to google the plant base one I use if it has metal. Sorry about your tri hurting again. Wonder what is causing it?

Jolie - that is scary about your son. I hope it will go to an end soon. Great job yesterday.

Diane - sorry to hear you are still in a lot of pain. I hope you feel better soon.

Roxie - I hardly wear make up anymore since wearing masks. I only wear make up when I go out to eat/or visit DC.

Doreen - with covid there are longer than usual deliveries these day's. I had to wait over a month for my refrigerator.

That's it for me today.

I did ICE Cardio Party and then Bonus Pump- Back this morning. Cardio Party I think is my all-time favorite workout for a day with less intensity fun!!

This morning I did CDorner Fast Basic Step which was the most recent done April 4, 42 minutes, heart rate 148/179, 258 calories, 5,097 counting morning steps. I got started early today as my granddaughter wanted to come over this morning and do some math games with my grandson for part of her teaching training. She is nearing finishing school to be a teacher. My husband was off and we went out for some things and he hung my rack for tubing and bands and attached the console to the treadclimber. Still cannot use it because we have to find that thing you hook to you for safety and attaches to the tread climber. It won't run without it. My side feels better today. I still feel it some though. My neck is sure bothering me though. I was reading stuff last night and I think it was my oblique muscle that was pulled. It said if it is the underneath obliques, which is rare, it can take it a long time to heal.

Roxie, I like lilac colored shadows. My problem is most of them are in kits of multiple colors and have a lot of sparkle in them. I don't mind a satin finish, but glitter and frosts tend to show wrinkles. I checked out Color Pop this morning. Funny, I saw a mauve matte that was named bill. That is my husbands name so I kind of laughed about it. I only saw 2 matte shades. I did not have a problem with the Nars I have. I don't use it often though. I have to be careful of certain pigments and products because the turn my eyelids red and then start developing a rash. Some violet colors and do that. I think it is particular minerals used to get the colors. And I love those colors.

Debbie, I had read that on tests run on protein powders. At first it really freaked me out. I read a site that tested different brands and vegan protein powders had more metals and toxic things than whey. Best to get a good product that is tested for those things. They come up with stuff like this all of the time. I read a piece on nut butters that said to keep nut butters in diet in small amounts as there is some toxins in all of them. It said best to use high quality and eat only a little. I am not giving up nut butters. I read one article that suggested mixing olive oil into the nut butter to make it healthier and safe. I read about choosing undenatured whey to get the best benefits for increasing the bodies glutathione as not all are absorbed and utilized by the body well. Glutathione is made by the body and helps with arthritis. The thing is they allow so much of metals etc as safe in everything. Like we aren't going to overload on it when it is in so many things we eat. I have done a couple of CDorner's workouts that were in front of a fire in a cabin look home. On one of the workouts I did in the brick room, she mentioned someone "Kevin" and someone else doing the workout space for her and that that was not real brick. I would guess it is somewhere in her home. Plus her dogs come in and out. I wanted to do her newer mobility today, but no time.

Belinda, my daughter in law still has my Barre Amped Stretch. I really do like it.
Roselyn, nice work with Body Beast today. Thanks I am doing better today. I heard them mention a cold front on the weather here. I sure hope we do not get a freeze again. It has just been typically windy and in the 50 to 60's here lately.

Good morning,

SBF D13 Compound Combinations plus Feel Good Cardio DVD Segment is done.

Diane - the stretch I did yesterday was with Lori she is a certified BA instructor. I haven't touched the stretch dvd in years. Great job yesterday.

Have a great Easter everyone.

Good Morning,

I did a 20 minute StudioSweat Spin this morning 6.0 miles 243 calories. We are ge ready to take the boat to the lake for the first time this year. We got an official start date on my husband’s change in location so now we can look for a house be I have to find another job.

Debbie-now is the time to buy from Colourpop they are running 30% off.

Diane-I have a really hard time finding purples that I like and I was never into the glitter shades until now. Anastasia has a purple pallete and I think Urban Decay does to.

Belinda-I wear makeup every day because I deal with the public so I like to look nice,

I could not find our thread yesterday anywhere on the Cathe website. I had to look for one of you girls on another thread and click on you which lead me to this thread. WTF!!! I was really under the weather yesterday, I have a bad head cold, I am so congested!!! So, I did not workout. Last night I was trying to make my way to the bathroom and walked right into the wall, missing the door! I hurt my big toe on my left foot so bad, I jammed it and it is so sore today. There is no swelling or black and blue issues so I assume I just jammed it and that is why it it is sore. I was supposed to go for a beach walk today but, No Way... When will the injuries end I ask you? Oh well, at least I didn't break it. I may lift weights or I may take off till Monday, since I am going to visit my parents tomorrow for Easter. It will be 105 degrees, I am thinking of wearing a very light weight sun dress!!!! Wow, that temp is going to kill me.

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter with your families! Happy Easter, He Has Risen!

This morning I did CDorner Step and Strength # 98, 46(more than actual as I paused to change bands and make notes) minutes, heart rate 143/179, 273 calories. I liked this one, except it just abruptly stops when she goes to the step to sit on it and start bicycle move for abs. She played "party music". I will give a brief run down. I also did her newest stretch, neck and back for tight muscles, 30 minutes, heart rate 79/110, 46 calories. Total time 76 minutes, 319 calories, 3,389 steps. This time I checked what my step count was before I started the workout. I liked this stretch. She says mobility is more for a warm up and stretch is good for the tight muscles. No real different moves here, just the way she progresses and explains form for the stretches.

Step and Strength #98 Step with 1 riser, dumbbells and loop bands. I had to adjust to see what band worked best. I think the medium in a set I have of variations in strength. I tried the heavy Cathe band and it was a bit too tight for the moves using the step. The Fit Tower one was too easy. This took time because I kept stopping to find a different one. She only uses the loop bands on lower body and suggests you can use a dumbbell.
Warm up
cardio
first exercise grouping lower using loop band starting with it below the knees and doing step moves, she also works in some reverse lunges and squats etc. She moves the band up for part of the moves. Since I had a loose band at first I picked up a dumbbell and worked with both on one of the moves.
cardio
Upper with dumbbells(she has two sets there) each move is done for 10 reps then all moves repeated followed till 3rd round stops before the last two moves(I wish she would have continued for at least the biceps as I did not care about missing overhead press..
the moves are:
push ups which I did on the wall, rows with the heavier weights 15# dbs me, triceps kickbacks or dips(Chris did dips I used 10# dbs, twister curls 15# dbs 1st rnd then dropped to 10's the second as she goes pretty fast, overhead press 10# dbs (me) hers looks light, but no idea what she was using.
cardio which went into some core work standing on the step then down to the step for more core work and it stops.

I hope that all of you have a nice Easter. So happy I can celebrate my Lord and Savior this weekend for what he has done for me. Yes, He is Risen!

Belinda, nice work with SBF. So does Lori do workouts on SBF workouts or have her own channel?

Roxie, I bet you are anxious to get your home purchased and settled. I hope there is not too much anxiety with having to look for a new job. It is hard for me to find the perfect shade of lavender color. I buy so many that are not quite what I want. Right now I have one from Smashbox that is close I use, but a little lighter than I would like and it does have a bit of glow but not bad. The highlight in that set is too iridescent for my taste though and the darker shade looks blue with bits of reddish flecks and when you apply it it looks more like an eggplant or fig shade of shadow. I was disappointed as I had specifically done a search for matte, but the lavender shade works. I have used Urban Decay off and on, I will have to check them out. I sure wish so many of these companies did not sell in pallets and would do individual colors as it costs so much for colors I will throw away. I had a huge throw away before I moved. I tried some of the colors I was kind of iffy on and ended up tossing them.

Jolie, your day sounds like some of mine. Mentioning the getting up at night reminded me of the three nights I have woke up in the middle of the night and headed for the bathroom and passed the toilet closet or whatever you call it in the massive bathroom. I get all of the way past the whirlpool and stop at the walk in shower and by then I am awake enough to get my surroundings organized and back track. Fortunately I have not walked into anything. I always get up in the dark because if I turn on lights it wakes me up more. I keep a low nightlight in the bathroom. I hope your toe is gets better and is not bruised or anything .I wonder why you couldn't get the thread? I hope that does not keep happening. I had a day where I was having problems getting on.

Jolie - oh no! I hope you feel better soon. Get lots of rest, girl!

Roxie - I would too if I worked in public. M vitamins D2 is so low, I have to take a high does once a week. I am trying to get as much natural vitamins D as I can a few times a week without covering my face/body. I do wear makeup when in public. I do like to look nice too. I also like to wear tinted moisturizer. When I go grocery shopping like Costco, I wearing 3 masks. I take very high doses of meds for relapsing polychondritis once a week.

Diane - when Suzanne wasn't adding new workouts for a few years, a lot of people got very upset. She uploaded a few workouts with Lori on the SBF site. She also had another Nashville barre instructor do a few workouts for the SBF members since she wasn't adding new workouts. I like both barre instructor and their workouts. I believe Lori teaches barre in Nashville too. Suzanne had a lot of health/famly problems.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.