Hardcore fitness maniacs Dec 22 Sat

Jeanette - I bet it's pretty there with the snow. I hope you enjoy your ride tomorrow. I know that my seat is a little heavier than most roadies would prefer, but I LOVE it. It's really old but sooooo comfy. I see my friends suffer with these skinny, fancy seats and I just really don't suffer much with mine. I transfer it from bike to bike. Oh, thanks for the compliment on my bike, btw. I LOVE it too!!! It's just awesome. Now that you mention it, I remember that the Chris Carmichael site didn't give much detail on their DVD's which was why we didn't purchase one before. I forgot about that. So it sounds like their DVD's are kind of the same. I did see a lot of improvement this year for a change. It was about time. The interesting thing was seeing other women I rode with improve so much as well. It was a great year for our whole club, guys also. Did I tell you I got our club's Broken Spoke award? It's the award given to the most improved cyclist for the season. They award it to the most improved male and female cyclists and it's a trophy/plaque with a wheel on it and they rotate hanging it between the two bike shops in town.

Great job on your TT's and hill climbs!!! We only have about that many women who do our TT's and hill climbs too. They keep begging me to do them but I'm just not interested. I just don't want to give my one competitive friend yet another reason to be faster than me and then go talk about it to everyone. She likes to do that. If it's not windy I would have a definite chance to beat her, but if it's windy you know I can't breathe. And it's usually windy by that time of day. :(

My one cycling buddy who moved away last year just started a company doing cycling tours to Europe - Scotland and Italy so far. I don't think they've booked any yet though. She has a primary job. I'll have to e-mail you the link. Maybe we should go someday. After her divorce she spent 2 months cycling around Europe - ALONE!!! And she's only 30. I'll e-mail you her blog too.

Wow - that was long. Good thing it's late so we didn't take up everyone's time here. :)

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.