Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check In Sunday 5-7

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fitness Maniacs -

This morning I did Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Pump. Wow....what a workout. She starts fast and furious and keeps going. The Hi/Lo is at the beginning for about 20 minutes and then it goes into 20 minutes of weights with a band, dumbells and a step. Great Workout.

The only thing I'm mad about is that I thought it was going to be circuit type and now I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow. I was going to do weights tomorrow and circuit workout today. Now I'm all screwed up. I don't think it will hurt to do another weight workout tomorrow after only doing 20 minutes of weights today? Will it? I know sometimes it's okay to shock your muscles like that...as long as you don't normally do that, right?

Any way, I think this was harder than her first 4 offerings. I also tacked on about 15 minutes from the new Step & Pump DVD I just got. Again...her step was hard to follow, but this one seems fun and I did get part of it ....may take some work though. I just briefly previewed the weight work in it, but it's the same format as above. She has put Premixes on these 2 new offerings though and I think some of those might be circuit style. All in all, I'd say today's workout was tougher than her other ones.....unless my body's just tired today. Her Hi/Lo was a little harder to follow for me than other instructors because of her teaching style......of "watch and go".

I was a bad girl yesterday and had pizza and pasta and cake last night.....ugh!! I hate dinner parties! Glad that's over....it ruined my whole weekend. I guess I'm selfish when it comes to my "down time".

Charlotte - I think the DH has stolen my CDs that you sent. He went running with the one and it's still in his CD player. He said it was an excellent running CD with lots of good beats. I told him I want them back!!! LOL.. I'll have to go dig them out if he doesn't bring them back. I haven't had time to listen yet.

We're going to see Mission IMpossible at 10:00 am today. Gotta go soak my weary muscles.

Christine - I rec'd your payment and your DVDs are packed up and ready to go. I'll get them out Tues. thanks much and enjoy......I'm glad I'll have someone to be frustrated over a step workout with me!

I need a rotation ladies -- I'm suffering severe Exercise ADD. I wrote out a rotation and have not followed it at all. I do want to play with my Bosu a bit when it gets here, but then I need the structure of a rotation. What's everyone here doing?

Have great workouts.

I forgot - I also did 35 minutes of Vinaysa Yoga "Yoga for Tennis Elbow" which is actually for any type of injuries. I liked it better today than the first time I did it. It is on a beautiful beach setting.

Christine - Speaking of Yoga and beaches...Yoga Shakti is shot on sand dune in the Maldaves Islands and is gorgeous. She is surrounded by water and the music is inspiring, as is Shiva Rea. This DVD is about 25 bucks on CD universe but it has tons of asanas on it. It comes with a Matrix to program your own flow or she has 4 preset ones on it. It's a great deal. The girls at VF always say if they could only have 1 DVD, they'd choose Eion's Power Yoga for Happiness or Yoga Shakti. I think if you enjoy yoga ...they are must haves. Not that I'm trying to enable or anything. LOL.

Good Morning All!

Lora - thanks for the Amy DVD's. I'm looking forward to trying them. Or somehow fitting them into my rotation... And I'll definitely look into those Yoga DVD's - they sound great. I really enjoy yoga, but I am still working on gaining the patience for more than 30 minutes. LOL. It's not that I don't see the benefit, but I'm just antsy! :) I'll get there. And do feel free to enable me all you want! It's the only way I get pushed into trying new things!

I'm off to do Kenpo X from P90X, then I'm going to meet Amyg from the forums (she lives about 20 minutes from me), and we're going for a hike in Rancho San Antonio http://www.openspace.org/preserves/pr_rancho_san_antonio.asp I excited as I never met anyone from the forums before.

DH leaves today for China then India to see his mom. Depending on her condition, he may stay pretty long, so I don't know when he'll be back. Just me and the girls for at least the next week and a half, maybe three.

Have a fabulous day everyone!

Lora - that Amy workout sounds good. I have All Pump but its not that great of a workout. Is this her newer workouts? Does she woo a lot in this one?

Christine - have fun on your hike! Sounds awesome! I hope your dh has a safe trip.

This morning I did Cardio Kicks and had a great workout. For some reason I can do this kickboxing workout without injuring my low back. I'm glad because I really like it. Not a big calorie burn workout for me, but its so fun. I was in my zone for 35 minutes and burned 239 calories.

Good Afternoon Maniacs!!!

Yesterday ran and then did PLB. Busy day and didn't finish my ab work until 10pm! Was determined to find enough minutes in the day to do everything I wanted to and did!!!

Today we are going to the movies to see MI3...just son, DH and myself. DD over boyfriend's grandmothers. Then I have to wash the car and do low max extended version.

Debbie,

You know I gained 2 pounds yesterday even though I ran, did PLB and worked in the yard until 8pm? My eating was good as usual, but I did not eat enough since I was busy. Thought about you and wondering if maybe you are not eating enough either and maybe why your weight could be going up too. I am not worried though and you shouldn't be either with all your hard work outs too.

Christine,

My DH travels alot too, but not to those kind of places. That is kind of neat your DH gets to go to different countries. About 5 years ago, my DH worked in Virginia while we were still living in PA for a year. Only seen him on the weekends. There was another time when I didn't see him for 2 months straight. I think I have gotten use to it though, but not necessarily liking it.

Lora,

Your DH took off with those CD's I gave you??? }( You got to get them back!!!!! LOL! Have fun with them, if you can ever listen to them. I like the cd's you sent me. Like "Lit Up", "Whiskey in the Morning" and a few others.

Charlotte~~

Good afternoon,

Today I did GS Legs and SH Shoulders. I'd like to go running, but we'll see. The weather is so nice ~ it's about 60 degrees! Summer is almost here!

Christine, enjoy your hike.

Lora, I look forward to the movie review.

See ya later,

Susan C.M.:D

Hi you Hardcore Maniacs!

Mind if I join your check in? Yours is one of the first ones I read every morning so guess I might as well be a part of it. I'm in another check in (KK's), but it's usually pretty quiet, with only about 3 of us posting regulary. I'll keep posting in that one too. I've been posting there for over a year now.

My workout today was Turbo Jam 20 minute cardio, Turbo Sculpt, and then (upon Lorajc's recommendation), Eoin Finn's Power Yoga For Happiness (quickie premix). Lora, I did the full length one yesterday and wow, my hips feel great today. Love the hip openers!

Lora, I always love your reviews of different workouts. You must have a ton! I'm dreading the day my DH opens the doors on the entertainment center and sees all of mine, which I'm sure are a fraction of yours! Of course, when he starts in, I'll come back with the $$$ spent on all of the guns in his collection that sit and don't get used. Actually, he's pretty good, can't really complain.

Jeanette

Jeanette, welcome! I joined a few weeks back and love this check-in!

Charlotte - I have been battleing with these 5 lbs since Christmas. I've tried everything from changing up my routine, to eating more, eating less. Nothing seems to be budging it. Its driving me crazy. I know my body pretty well and usually it kicks into high gear easily and releases a few pounds when I need it too. Its just not coorperating anymore and I can't figure out why.

I'm going back to last year at this time to see what I was eating and how I was working out. I will adjust to that and see if that helps (yes, I've got journals of everything I've eaten from a year ago plus my workouts.) As I was browsing the eating journal, I noticed I wasn't eating a lot of fruit like I am now. I can't imagine that is causing this, but you never know. I'll follow a few weeks of what I was doing and see if that helps. I was also eating more back then.

Charlotte - I went and got them back. I will listen to them this week. I did scan them and they sound good. Thanks again. Do you start work tomorrow? I'm depressed. I hate work. I'm not ready to put up with my boss. I went to see MI3 today too. I thought it was excellent!

Jeanette - Welcome. I'm glad you like my reviews. I always babble so much that I don't know if anyone actually reads all of my mumbo jumbo. PY4H!! My favorite yoga DVD. Love Magically Hips! I have a major yoga butt and legs going on today......oohhh ...so sore! Yes, I've been on quite a DVD binge. I've been making some side money on E-bay and since I love exercise....I've been splurging a bit. I got a bit burned out on Cathe for a while and needed a break. I can't wait for her new stuff to come out. I think my body gets used to stuff really quickly. I've always done a lot of variety.

Susan - The movie was good. IMO. Good plot, good acting, great supporting cast and lots of nonstop action. I could easily go see it again to see what I missed cuz it moved so quickly. Highly recommend this one....even though Tom Cruise is so conceited! LOL!

ETA: Speaking of weight gain....I don't even want to go there! I'm a pound or so over my "do not go over weight". I'm so disgusted with myself. It's getting harder and harder to keep it off. Vegas didn't help matters eating STrawberry Pancakes and pasta and pizza!! I usually eat mainly salads at home.

Good afternoon,
It has been a busy weekend. I had no time to check in yeseterday. My morning workout was split up with phone calls and then there were errands and dd Candy's graduation party. Yesterday I did Turbo Jam Fat Blaster, Cardio coach #3 on the treadmill, MM upper premix, Ab Jam, and Ab ripper X. I slept in this morning so I only got in Turbo Jam Cardio Party 3 before church. I didn't even have time for the stretch. I am so pulled on what I want to buy next fitness wise. I was looking at a vertical tower at a sports store that is 20% off. I could use it for dips and hanging leg raises, and chin ups. But I also want to get a free standing bag and speed bag set up. I need more room:) I also have other workouts I would like to add to my collection. I have been looking at Amy Benuto's workouts but was wondering if the choreography was really complicated. The most complicated that I have mastered for myself were Rhythmic Step and Totally Cool Step. I have Rock Steady Step but have never been morivated enough to keep trying past 25 minutes into it.

Lora, I have been to busy to set up a rotation lately. Sometimes though I think it takes up more time as I am in there trying to decide what I want to do. Once things settle I will get back to one though. I was trying for one heavy weight workout per body part a week and then maybe something light like a total body or upper or lower. As many new things as you have coming in, I personally would have a hard time sticking to a rotation because I would want to try them all. I have eaten tons of brownies the last two days and lots of coffee. I feel dizzy and need to clean that up. It is just convenient when that is there and I am really hungry.

Netta, welcome to the group. I find a lot of interesting ideas from everyone here. Lora gives really good reviews on all of the dvd's. I really appreciate hearing about them. I recently bought all of the Turbo Jams but I think 2. I like them a lot.

Hi to everyone,
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Hi there!

I am a lost soul looking for a check-in since the Moment of Truth died. Mind if I join you all here? You all do some pretty crazy workouts, but you look great, so I think it works! :)

Today I did a 2 hour bike ride with a girlfriend before church. It was super windy (22mph winds when I got home and checked). It wasn't supposed to get windy until later. We were a little slower than we planned on, but oh well. It was still an awesome workout with all that wind resistance.

I look forward to hearing all about your workouts. I usually check in a little later, so hopefully someone will be around. I try to check in a little earlier on weekdays, after my workout, shower and getting my day started at work. These forums are so motivating for me and I've really missed having a check-in.

Susan

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hi Susan - Welcome!! I like all of the new people joining! It's a lot of fun to meet new people. I usually pop in late in the day also when nobody's around cuz I sometimes can't check in from work and so I check in when I get home and it's sort of dead around here. It will be nice to have some company later in the day! I'm usually the early bird around here. I tend to be a real morning workout person.....although lately I've been slacking a bit and sleeping in for a half hour every day. I've got to work on that.

Debbie - I'm curious. How much do you consider "a lot" of fruit and what kind of fruit do you eat? I eat a couple pieces every day and sometimes a bit more in the summer with fresh strawberries and such.

Lora - I eat about 7 or 8 servings of fruit a day. I love fruit, it has taken the place of my "desert" fixings. Also, just curious about that Amy workout you did, does she "whooo" a lot in that one or did she tone it down a bit?

This evening I was really antsy. Wanted to walk around the block but couldn't find anyone to go with me and I don't like going alone because there are a bunch of hoodlums on our block always looking for trouble. My bike isn't ready for summer yet so I decided to do Amy Bento's ab workouts, I did them both. I really like these ab workouts, I really feel it on the sides of my waist.

She gets on my nerves, though, because she'll say "two more" and so you think you're done and then she says, "eight more" and she'll say "eight more" for what seems like forever. Its so annoying. During one part she says, "Do it eight more, boy I like saying that don't I?" I'm thinking, "Yea, knock it off!!!" I hate not knowing exactly how many reps I'll be doing, drives me crazy.

Anyways, then I did the stretch part of Yoga Focus. I really needed that.

Hi Susan,
Welcome, I love hearing from others here. I am usually one of the last to check in. I am trying to get on here sooner. I wish I had 2 hours before church, normally Sundays are my rest days but lately I have had to change up my routine. Maybe that is a good thing:) I was getting ready to go do Yoga Booty Ballet. ( I dont do this when grandchildren are here) Maybe it is just the burlesque one they gave me with my Turbo Jams. I tend to do long posts. When I meet people in person I am quiet. I do love working out and I like sharing here. Not to many people want to share with me otherwise.
Diane Sue

Debbie
Thanks for saying you liked Amy's ab workouts. I wanted to buy these but hate investing in something that I won't use. I like the Turbo Jam ab jam. I was adding to it by holding a jolie shoe weight. I bought some 1 pound gloves for the new Maximum Turbos and added them today to Cardio Party 3. You hit your abs a lot with these. Well, I do hate when someone keeps telling me I am almost done and then they add to it. After a few times though you know how many reps to expect and then it is no big deal, right? THe first couple of times are torture though.
Diane Sue

I joined a few months ago, and these ladies have so wonderful to check in with! So WELCOME Susan, WELCOME Jeanette! *scoots over to make room for more*

Diane Sue - I find your words ironic - "Not many people want to share with me otherwise." I met Amyg today - another Cathe fan who posts on the boards. We spent half the hike talking about how nice it was to finally be talking, in person, to someone who "gets it". Someone who smiles and nods when you explain your workout and doesn't just stare with a blank expression. Someone who understands! Wow! We hiked for about 2 hours at a good clip, and have no idea how far we went (I can figure it out form the trail map, if I really want to). It was over way too soon. We even saw a wild turkey - which surprised us as we thought we were yapping way too much to see any wild life. I can be quiet, too, but when there's something to talk about, I can talk.

Christine,
It sounds like you had so much fun. I have always wanted to meet some others here but being where I am there are not many that post from this area. I envy those that get to share with others that really love fitness. I went to a sporting goods store looking at a piece of equipment and was worried about the room it would take up. I mentioned my Bowflex and the guy that worked there said he had one and really got to talking about how people try it at the store and he has to explain that it has a different feel but it works. It was nice having someone who understood and not someone who says I need to tone my arms for a wedding in two weeks how can I do that? How do you answer these people?
Diane Sue

Thanks for all the welcomes! This should be fun!!!

Diane Sue - the only reason I had 2 hours to ride is b/c I went to the later service at 11am. We met for our ride at 7:30. My church isn't very far away. I'm not very good about sleeping in, although I ALWAYS want to. So I'm usually awake but it isn't that fun getting up that early to ride. I'm really bad about working out later in the day though if I miss my morning workout. You'll all learn that about me. I'll have grand plans to work out later and then you never hear another word about it from me. :)

Lora - I'm glad you're around later too. Charlotte was usually the only one I could ever count on seeing late on the other thread - oh, and Wendy (fitmom). Sometimes it was just me.

Susan

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Thanks for the welcome. I posted some more family pictures in my picture trail.

I did a 17 mile bike ride this afternoon at a very easy effort as I still have a cold and don't want to tax my lungs too much. I wore my HRM so I'd keep it easy. It was a nice ride.

Lora, I really enjoy the Eoin Finn yoga. Kind of a surprising feeling when my hips are tight and then they start loosening up. Great yoga practice this morning. Hope tomorrow goes okay. I work with a boss that I feel doesn't like me that much. Been that way for around 4 years now, but it's getting better. I do sympathize.

Christine, love the hiking picture in your avatar. Where is it taken? I see you are a northern california gal too. That's cool that you got to meet up with another Catheite. I got to meet Author (Karen Kay) in Reno, NV last summer and Rhea lives about 3 miles from here. I've met her a few times. It's awesome to talk to like minded people!

Debbie, your pictures look great! I know the feeling of working really hard and not feeling like you're getting the results. I wonder how I can pedal 100 miles on my bike and still have fat legs. Talk about the ultimate freestyle workout for legs. You'd think they would be thin, thin. But no. They are strong, though. I know that after hard efforts on the bike, my weight will go right up for the next couple days (with water) and then it will come back down. Just in time for another bike ride, rinse and repeat... I have cut my calories a bit and am seeing more leanness (thinner skin?) I think I was eating too much cuz I was never hungry and I was eating from 1300-1500 calories, but felt bloated and blah all the time. Now that I've cut a bit, I feel better. I'm just trying to find out what works for me. I'm short (5'2") and don't burn that many calories in a workout like some of the others do.

Susan (scm), I don't own any of the GS's except for GS Legs. I'll have to get that set sometime. Did you get your run in today?

Diane Sue, you look awesome too! You are so busy with your grandkids. I do need to spend more time with mine. I've been able to watch a couple of my grandson's little league games lately. Have another one on Saturday. I've read that you have a Bowflex. We just got one and I really like using it and helping my DH. I like to turn on the fan, play some music he and I like and tell him what to lift and how many times. He pretty much does what I say }( (regarding weights, anyway). He had shoulder surgery in January so I make sure he doesn't overdo it and that he uses good form. I'm like the TJ's too and will order the newer ones pretty soon.

Charlotte, you always crack me up. I like your spirit, playfulness, and competitive nature. I'm always picturing your neighbors (like Gladys Kravitz from Bewitched) watching you do your walking lunges or plyos and it makes me laugh! Hope you are enjoying the bike riding too. I love to ride too! Girl, you can sure lift the weights!!

Susan (dogs2birds), good for you for riding in the wind. Not as much fun, I know. I wasn't able to do my metric today, but felt pretty good so I put on my HRM, used one earbud with my mp3 player and did the local 17 mile loop at a Level 1 effort (tried to keep it at 117 bpm). I had fun, but with a wind it's so natural for you to try to push against it and that makes your heart rate go up, of course. I could hear the cars fine and I use my mirror religiously. Yep, 1 earbud will be okay. Wish we lived closer and could ride together. You and I are very similar I can tell.

Well, better get ready for bed. Back on the 10 hour workday schedule, but have a nice massage scheduled for after work. Something to look forward to...

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.