Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check In for Tues June 20

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fitness Maniacs -

This morning I did Amy Bento's 15 minute stretch. I'm taking a rest day since I have to be at work so early today for my Retina appt after work. I was feeling really stiff since I wasn't warmed up so I took it easy. Now I know why I like to do exercise in the morning so much....as it really helps with my chronic pain and stiffness. I don't like how I feel mentally or physically when I don't work out. Hopefully tonight, I can try and squeeze in a quick yoga session depending on what I have going on and how long I have to sit and wait at the doctors (I hate that - especially since they won't let a new patient come in late).

Charlotte - Are you feeling better?

Susan - Where did you hear about that IMX Pilates place? I tried emailing them, but it keeps bouncing back and I tried calling them to ask questions about the length and level of the workouts and they had a recording on. I left a message, but nobody got back with me

Diana Sue - I still haven't watched the finale of Charmed yet. I have it on tape and I keep saving it cuz I'm sad it's ended. I miss it already. How's the new doggie doing?

Have great workouts everyone and I'll try to check in from the workplace. Pray for me again. I think her mentality is that since she has to suffer (since her daily supervisor is on vacation), everyone else has to suffer also!!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I was starting to feel better. Today I will work chest/back doing some different moves/angles and I will post what I did later. Also will do 3 sets of bbm's w/weights. I did work my abs yesterday doing 700 crunches (all angles and w/medicine ball too). Also hung off the smith machine and crunching legs upwards to each side (2 sets of 8's).

Lora,

I don't like the way I feel when I don't workout. The rest week just about killed me, mentally speaking. LOL! And then the two days of not working out again cuz of the party...uggghhhh. Getting back on track here today.

Was hoping for some rain last night, but I think I felt "a" drip and that was it. I haven't mowed the yard in about 3 weeks and it looks so dried up.

I hope you have a good day at work with the witch. Good luck!

Charlotte~~

Good morning, I am getting ready to do my upper body workout today and some treadmill running. I may start with Turbo Jam Fat blaster as a w/up. I also wanted to get in some ab work. I am expecting a call back from my eye doctor today. I had scheduled my enhancements on my laser eye surgury and am wanting to change it.

Lora, how do you like Amy's stretch and ab workouts? I watched the final Charmed. It did have a decent ending. I was afraid it would be like a lot of shows that had an ending leaving you wondering. The new doggie is doing great. She is a baby in training:) Yesterday she kept wanting to lay up against my step when I was working out.

Hi to everyone,
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

I have to go deliver Avon today since they screwed it up for me last week. Weird doing my deliveries today. If it doesn't get too hot at my house today I'll do some sort of cardio when I get home. We turned our air off because it cooled down so nicely last night.

I'll check in later!

Morning,
Today's workout was Cardio & Weights (step only) and then CTX All Step (most all of it), then CTX Power Circuit planks and abs (most of). I needed to get DH up for work so cut the workout short at 1 hour. Will do a bike ride after work today. It's getting warmer (finally) here and I haven't ridden much in the heat. Have a century ride on Saturday and there will be some climbing in the heat so I need to try to acclimate this week.

Lora, I hope your eye appointment goes well and that you can also squeeze in the yoga tonite. Something to look forward to, huh?

Charlotte, we all sure missed you while you were gone. Hopefully, you are good and rested, now you can hit it again! Way to go on the ab work! 700 crunches! I'm tired just thinking about it.

Diane Sue, hope you get that call from the dr. soon. I hate waiting for people to call back. I'm just impatient, I guess. I should be used to slow stuff as I work for the State of California. Know you will get in an awesome workout. How is your DH doing? Is he still pretty sore?

Debbie, enjoy whatever cardio you get to do. It's warming up here, should be near 100 by the weekend. Not good news for my century ride on Saturday.

Hi to all that follow! :7

Jeanette

Diana Sue - my cats love laying on my step, the rebounder and my yoga mat. As soon as I break them out, they're on them!! Also, my one cat is ALWAYS downstairs on the treadmill since we got it. LOL

Good Morning Maniacs!!

This morning I did High Step Training in it's entirety....hadn't done that one it a while...it was a good one. Will do some additional back work during lunch today.

I've got quite few meetings this morning....so I've got to mentally prepare myself for that.

Looks like you guys are having awesome workouts...but then again you are MANIACS!!

Still thinking about you Terri....let us know how you are doing.

Hi to all...I'll check back later.

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/39583717.gif[/IMG][/URL]
(fitxme)
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Good Morning everyone,

I’ve been up since 3 am! My poor little guy is teething already. He was just lying there whimpering.:-(

Today was leg day, and since I’m giving my knees a break, I did GS-Legs floor work and Firm It Up. I really don’t like that workout, but hey, Nicole got results, right? :7

I have a question for you guys. Do you eat through the day? I do. I bring a small cooler with me for my second breakfast (oatmeal and hard boiled egg), lunch (salad w/ veggies, chicken, slice of bread), snack (apple and almonds). There is a woman that I work with, she is here for six hours, and has nothing. That’s right! Nothing. She comes into the office with just her car keys. She doesn’t even have a sip of water! That blows my mind.

Diane Sue, what you said yesterday makes sense! When I was doing legs nearly every day they looked “full” or really round, now they don’t.

Dallas, I’ve rented Firm workouts that utilize the transFIRMer. I don’t have one, but I’ll put four risers on one side of my step so it’s on an angle. It stays pretty sturdy.

Terri, how are you today? I’m so sorry for your loss.

Nicole, how is Colby doing? He must have been tested recently I think. Are you cleaning all day today to get ready for your parents vist? hahaha

Lora, I don’t have a Lush store near me. I live in a small town. The local Kmart is closing next month….very small area. I don’t like Kmart anyway.

Marietta, how is work today? This is my third week back to work, and I’m told I need to fire some people. Good riddance. I called a guy I met years ago (have seen him here and there through the years at conventions) and want to hire him to work in the field for me. He said, he’s really interested. Yay!!

Gotta go for now, I’ll be back later

Susan C.M.

Morning Everyone,

I wasn't gonna w/o last night, but when I got home I decided I better! I did CTX kickbox, I really like that one! I'm trying to cut my eating out whether it's clean or not so clean after 7 pm. I think that's why my weight isn't improving, well it is some, but very little.

I hope everyone has a great day today and good w/o's!!!

Terri - Sorry for your loss, I know that is a hard thing to go through with a pet, their our family too!

Hello to everyone out there!!!

Diana Sue -

Yes, I liked the stretch DVD this morning. The ab one has a lot of planks..so I haven't done that much.

Susan C M - I eat all day long. I have 6 meals planned out every 2-3 hours during the day. I have too, I don't know how people can only eat once or twice a day. Thats nuts!

Terri - Hope you are ok!

Charolotte - 700 crunches? Mama Mia!!! Did you do all that non-stop?

Hello Ladies,

I just wanted to come in and say hi. I am not handling losing my dog well. Dave isn't either. We were both their and it's hard. I cry a lot and miss her horribly. 16 years to coming home to her and now she is gone will take sometime to adjust. I am going to work out soon. Thank you all for your support.

Terri

Hey Everyone,

Today I am not sure I will get a workout in??? I will try though!!

Debbie thanks I will check my catalog!!

Diane Sue what did you name your puppy?? My dog likes to try and lay on me when I am doing my stretch's haha. I make a point to keep him up stairs when I workout.

Susan I used my reebok step for transfirmer workouts, but finally did buy the transfirmer. I even just like do lunges on my own with it! My knees like that to haha. Thanks for asking about Colby!! His counts are still low??? It is very frustrating..... I told Dr. why are we medicating when he can have these counts on his own.... She wants to try 2 more times, and then I am DONE with steroids!! You know me so well...... I am now taking a break from clean ha ha. Sorry to hear about your no sleep!! Been there done that!! Orjal sometimes helps??

Dallas my target has a pretty good selection of stuff. I have debated for a long time about the transfirmer??? Did I search on it over at VF, and Kathryn talked me into it haha. (She does not even know lol)

Terri I know it is hard when my DH took our golden in... I could not go to the vet with him. I do have to say one of the best things to do when you lose a pet is go get another. (It will never replace, but it helps to keep busy with a puppy and it takes you mind off of the pain). Oh and btw puppies are very busy when we got ours a few years ago... I was like oh my I can't believe how much work this is haha. (but a good kind) Diane Sue you can chime in anytime. Hang in there it will get easier. ((HUGS))

Well gotta go get back to work!! I wish you all livec close by so you could come over and help me with a HARDCORE CLEAN!!!

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created2/114997884470693.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Terri....glad to hear from you. I know it's hard and I'm so sorry. It is my prayer that your memories will give you comfort in the days to come.

Susan - so you wanna know how work is??!! My darn co-worker missed all last week, showed up yesterday and is not here again today! Now, let me explain...I know she is pregnant and I want her baby and her to be healthy...believe me when I say that. However, when she is here..she seems fine to me, she just walks around here and laughs and talks and doesn't do a darn thing!!!! Drives me insane!!!! I've just kept this inside because I didn't want to bore you guys with all this...

As for food, I carry a cooler to work each and every day without fail. I can't go more than 3 hours w/o eating...ever!!

Afternoon All!

Just got back from swim lessons. We stayed again. We had the perfect weather...not too hot...not too chilly. We got in the car just as the dark clouds were rolling in - I didn't even know it was going to rain.

Terri ~ More ((((((HUGS))))).

Nicole ~ Ha ha, that would be interesting a "hardcore clean" workout!! We could insert some air jacks between dusting and vacuuming. ;-) Of course, I would need your rebounder. ;-) So, you used to use your step then got the transfirmer? Oh my, how would I explain that to dh?!! :)

Susan ~ How's your knees? How did FIU feel? I have to be in the mood for that one. ;-) Teething already!?! Poor baby! I don't understand how people don't eat all day long either. When I used to work I'd get comments like, "Where do you put all that food?" LOL! I have family members that eat once a day as well. Boy, I would be soooo crabby.

Marietta ~ Sorry about that co-worker of yours? I can't believe she's getting away with all of that. HSTA, huh? Are you doing your own thing this month?

Diane Sue/Nicole ~ you have me interested in the turbo jams. I'm going to check out the website when I sign off here. After this mornings workout I definitely want more kickbox workouts.

This morning I did KM - the whole thing. I did make some modifications on the sequential power kicks, tuck jumps, and one more (can't think of it). I used the rebounder. I also subbed in speed skaters and ice breakers for some moves I don't feel ready for just yet. I was able to keep my heart rate up. I also burned around 350 calories! I was happy about that because for the first 30 minutes I didn't feel much. I'll probably do abs tonight and maybe MTV Pilates Mix.

Hi to Lora, Sandy, Debbie, Charlotte, Netta and Suz!

Dallas

Well, I was able to get in some cardio. I decided to do Step Jam, haven't done this one in a long time and now I remember why. WAY BORING! The steps are so basic for me now, but this workout would be great for anyone just starting with Cathe.

I only used one set of risers so my HR only got up to the 140's, not that great but I was sweating like crazy. Its 73 degrees here but its hotter up here where I workout. I'm drenched. I feel sorry for any of you who workout without air conditioning.

I was in my zone for 41 minutes and burned 255 calories. Not bad for an easy workout.

Hi Dallas and everyone else!

Good afternoon,
I did Turbo Jam Fat blaster no str, Cardio Coach 6 with Sean on the treadmill, Super Set upper premix, GS Chest & Triceps Superset premix, and the back portion of GS timesaver premix, Core Max#2 using a 35 # barbell on the rollouts instead of the ball.(on my toes).I will have to do some the extra biceps and shoulders the second time I do Upper body this week. It would have made my workout to long.

Lora and Nicole, my puppy tried to get on the treadmill this morning while I was running. I think it scared her. She didn't try to get back on it again. Also got lots of sloppy dog licks while trying to do stability ball work:) Nicole her name is Jasmine.

Lora, thanks for the info on Amy's ab stretch workouts. I like the planks.

Susan, I go quite awhile in the am before eating because I don't like to eat before I finish my workout. Then I eat quite often the rest of the day. The little guy is teething already? That is so miserable. I feel for both of you.

Terri, I hope you are doing ok.

Netta, I am still waiting for a call from the doctor. I called them and they said that the person who set up the surgury would be back this afternoon and would call me:( DH is improving, still moving around slowly, but actually got out and drove today.

Charlotte, I hear you on wishing for rain. I keep watering and we still have brown patches. The lawn guys came out and tried to mow it and dh stopped them. It is not growing right now.

Diane Sue

I just finished doing 3 sets of bbm's w/weights and then took off on a 18 mile bike ride. It was too much for my children. I am wondering if they drank enough before they left with me as I asked them before we left, but probably didn't drink enough. Next time they will or stay home. I went on a different route which has much less traffic and on a farm road.....gorgeous!!!! Now I am pumped up to do chest/back. Gosh, I am feeling the endorphines flowing now!!! WOOHOO!

Charlotte~~

Hi ladies - finally home from the doctors and work. My eyes aren't bad enough for surgery right now, although can be corrected with surgery. Good news. He said I have scarring and dystrophy. Scarring probably caused by contact lens wear (??) and the other is hereditary. He gave me some drops and instructions for other stuff...but it's good news.

I probably won't have time for yoga tonight. I don't want to get in bed that late, as I've been trying to get in bed a bit earlier (not really succeeding yet). I'll probably do my mid-week "happy" workout of my fave step and yoga tomorrow AM.

Diana Sue - My female cat always tries jumping on the treadmill. Sometimes we have to lock her upstairs so she can't get in the basement cuz we're afraid she'll get hurt. She's definitely not afraid of it.

Terri - Hang in there. I know you don't want to hear it now....but someday you can have another animal to love. No ...it won't be the same exact pet...but I'm sure you'll be able to share in the joy of owning one again once things settle down. I know that always helped me cope with their death a lot.

Charlotte - I wish I could work out all day and live the life of luxury like you. LOL!! I guess you're recovered from all that partying.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.