Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check In for Tues 5-2

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fitness Maniacs -

This morning I did Imax 3. This is my favorite of the Imaxes. I haven't done it in so long that I'm starting to forget some of the coreography.

I didn't sleep very well last night. I was up and down all night with bad cramps and a migraine. I had to eat something in the middle of the night so I could take 2 Advil and had to put heat on to fall asleep. I'm gonna be tired later.....especially with how busy I am at work.

I was just looking at the notice from Cathe about the upcoming workouts. I know she's on the mend and I hope she's better real soon so she can start filming. I wonder what timeframe she's looking at for the other projects she has planned. I sure hope when she gets better, she does a whole lot of filming in a little bit of time. I want some new Cathe.

Marietta - where do you work? I thought you were a personal trainer?

Charlotte - Did you get all of your shopping done? Why were you feeling all stiff and such yesterday?

Susan - are you going back to the place you used to work? Sorry about how expensive child care is.

Debbie - I have the Kelly Coffey workouts and I like them. She has a step DVD that has a lot of plyos and is more of an athletic step, but still a little hard to follow until you get used to her teaching style (at least for me). She also has a weight/cardio circuit one out that is good and as a bit of a functional fitness feel to it. Her website is www.Coffeyfit.com and she did the DVDs cuz she wanted to raise money for her father's illness. I believe she is a teacher in the Northeast somewhere. I like her. She is very professional and sort of reminds me of Cathe. She has a great body and really nice legs.

Have great workouts everyone and I'll try to check back later. Another day in a skirt that's too tight........I think I may need to start a Cathe Fatloss Rotation!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday did my breakdown workout with plyo's inbetween. Up to 70# for bench!!! Good gracious! I was at 45# bench in early April. How did that happen??? I am still stiff and achy, but not an old woman just yet!;-) I need to learn how to sleep. My stiff neck is still lingering..the stiffness going down to middle of back. I wish it would go away. Slept on my back and tummy last night...thought this would help. Maybe later the stiffness will start to subside. Hubby saying I look like those broken bobble head dolls as my head won't bobble. LOL!

Today I have to do 50 mins of steady cardio and I will do leaner legs also and abs. Forgot to do abs yesterday.

Hope everyone has a nice day and great workouts!!

Charlotte~~

Good Morning ladies,

Ahh it feels good to be on the mend and to have slept last night. Thanks everyone for your well wishes. Not sure what I will be avle to do today so I will play it by ear.Hey I was thinking we are sounding like the "OLD Folks Maniacs Chevk-in". Me, Lora and Char;otte all posting our ailments ...LOL I hope everyone takes that as the joke it was meant to be.:)

I will check back later.

Terri

Lora - Great workout! I love IMAX 3 but don't do it too often due to the high impact. It bothers my knees sometimes. But I agree, I think its the best one out of all the Imax's. I love the music in Imax 2 better, though. Sorry you couldn't sleep! That sucks. I sleep like a rock every night. Thanks for the website, I'll check it out.

Charlotte - What happened to your neck? Did you sleep wrong or did you do it while lifting weights? When I do a lot of leg work with the barbell, my neck and shoulder blade gets pinched really bad. I have to be really careful and try to use dumbbells as much as I can. Excellent job on the 75# bench. Holy crap girl! You are da bomb!!!

This morning I did Gym Style Legs. I really love this workout, I think its the best leg workout Cathe has produced to date. My legs were shaking towards the end, its been a while since I've done this workout.

Hi to everyone! Hope you all have a great day and great workouts!

Terri,

Was thinking the same thing! LOL! Let us know what you decide to do later.

Debbie,

You know, DH likes to turn all the fans on and opens windows too and some nights it has been in the low 40's so could be from the blast of cold hitting my neck too. Don't think it has anything do with my workouts. Girl, I am only benching 70#, not 75#. Maybe in a few weeks I will be at 75#. Can do 2 sets of 8's with 70# and last set do only 5 reps.

Charlotte~~

Toasty - what are you gonna do when you start working and don't have as much time in the day to work out? Your gonna have to start getting up at 2:30 am with me!! LOL

Lora,

Like you get up at 2:30am? I don't think so! I may have to get up at 6am and get started and believe me that is gonna be hard enough. At least for the first week of training on the job. Don't torment me today...I ache enough. LOL

Charlotte~~

Morning!!!

I overslept! :-( It was a rough one with ds3. I plan on doing yoga and a CM segment. I may add some upper body work in as well. I'll see how time is going.

Terri ~ LOL! I slept funny too! My neck is stiff. Seriously! I think it was due to my ds3 sleeping with us last night. He also had a nightmare. :-( Glad you feel better. Don't go and do an Imax!!;-)

Charlotte ~ How's your shoulder? Wasn't that bothering you last week? Maybe the neck and back pain is associated?

Lora ~ I know you want company at 2:30A! lol 4:30/5A is early enough for me...thank you very much! ;-)

Debbie ~ I got to TJ's yesterday. I had a cup of Vanilla Nut tea. Yum!:9 Thanks!

Diane Sue ~ When does your dh get home? I know it's really soon.:)

Susan ~ How's the baby? Giving you a break yet?

Marietta ~ Hope your co-worker has decided to show up and/or management does something about this for you. What great workout do you have planned?

Hi Nicole, Sabrina, and Christine!

Have a great day! From here until Saturday it will soooooo busy here.

Dallas

Dallas - you're welcome. That stuff is really good. So is the Carmel Creme one but I like the vanilla one better.

Charlotte - sorry! I typed 75# on accident. But still, I'm sure you can do it. Damn, here I am proud that I can bench with 60#! I guess I need to get another 40lb. dumbbell (use one for plie squats) and see if I can work my way up to 80 lbs.! That would be awesome!

Debbie, who makes these teas and where do you get them? I was kinda out of it yesterday so if you said I missed it. Do they have caffiene in them? I like green tea a lot but drink the decaf.

Terri

Toasty - c'mon, I thought you were Hardcore!! I want company at 2:30!!!! Soldier up!! (just kidding)

Ladies - I'm getting a Bosu as my anniversary present this year. I don't know where to get the best price. Should I get a home use one or the commercial use one? I read a few reviews on AMazson that said the cheaper one leaked.

Good Morning!

I’m off to a late start. I allowed myself to sleep in. Today I plan to jog at least three miles again, and then do SH Biceps and triceps.

Dallas, thank you for your offer on the book, but I don’t think he’s fussy, he just likes attention. The last few days have gone very well. I was drinking green tea in the winter. There is no way near the same amt. of caffeine in the tea as there is in coffee. You can make a batch (three bags, one liter?) and crush a few mint leaves and a squeeze of lemon to add more flavor. :9 If you want to make it really “sexy” a tablespoon of sugar!

Lora, yes, I’ll be going back to the job I had. Luckily, the company relocated a few months ago, so now my commute is A LOT shorter. I sometimes have a snack in the middle of the night too. Did you know, those calories don’t count?:p Hahaha

Charlotte, when do you start your new job? With my job, I can wear just about anything. I interact my emails, IM and phone only. Are you still shopping for new clothes? Comfy shoes are a must!

Debbie, I did GS Legs the other morning. In the afternoon I went for a walk in my neighborhood and my legs were so shaky. I didn’t realize how tiring that workout really is.

Marietta, how is it going at work? Is something going to be done about your employee? Hang in there.

Terri, let us know what w/o you end up doing today. I hope your feeling better.

Well, I just had some hard boiled eggs and am ready to run. I’ve learned so much from Karen Sessions. I always thought you have carbs before jogging.

Hi Sabrina, Diane Sue and Christin.
Hi Nicole, I hope to hear from you!

Susan C.M.

Terri - Trader Joe's has them. I think a company named "Stash" makes them. They come in Vanilla Nut Creme or Caramel Creme. Both are excellent! And they are decaf.

Hi ladies!!

I thought I would check in real fast. I have had a very sore stiff neck for the past three days. I also have had a nasty headache with it. It has to go away soon since I am not getting my training done for the race next weekend. I will end up walking instead of running. lol Emily will be long gone.

I have to work this after noon 1-5 and I am actually showing a house at 1:30. I hope something good comes of it.

Dallas--I sent you an email. Sorry you have a stiff neck too. I hope I am not sending it via email to you ladies!! lol

Terri & Charlotte--I hope yours feels better soon too. lol!!

Who started it???

I have bunko tomorrow night here so that should be fun. I have lots of food to get ready (ok I cheated some and ordered trays--lol) and I get to go on a field trip Thursday all day!! Woo hoo I am riding on a school bus!! ICK!! I get car sick.

I hope everyone else is doing ok. I just skimmed the posts. I will try to get back later.

Good morning all!

Quick note to say hi! I did P90X Plyometrics this morning (needed it - it woke me up!). I'm going for a 3/4 mile run this afternoon.
Work is busy today - which is good.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Dallas,

I get to be home with my beautiful Diane Sue in 11 days can’t wait!!! :7

She has been busy with jury duty, and ballet practice with the Granddaughters. What a good Nana, and great wife!

I'm starting to fall asleep at work....and I haven't even had lunch yet. Oh boy!!

I just wondered if anyone else saw the doctor on Oprah last night talking about diets. I learned something.....I didn't know dry roasted nuts were bad for you because the natural oils are sucked out of them. That's what we eat......but not any more!!

Speaking of stiff necks, I've got severe trap and intrascapular spasms. I don't know if it's from the pushups or if I'm just flaring from my hormones. I get injections tomorrow though.

gotta run.........before I get caught.

So - nobody else here has a Bosu?

Hi Bill - how nice of you to stop in and talk to us! I'm sure Diana Sue will be very happy to see you.

Why do people bring you donuts when your stressed out? We've had donuts brought in the last 2 days because people feel sorry for us cuz our hospitals ready to go kaput! Shouldn't they be bringing in a free exercise DVD and saying "here....this is to help relieve the stress you are going thru"....not "here ya go....get fat"!! It makes me nuts. I hate having goodies around.

My Amy Bento DVDs came today. I just got off the phone with the DH. I ordered my Bosu at lunch too. More toys. Now I need some Bosu DVDs. The Bosu sounds fun cuz it's sort of bouncy like the rebounder.

Hi Guys!!

I'm just now getting a chance to check in. I've been pretty busy...but I guess it's a good think...keeps me distracted so that I can't stay mad at my co-worker.

I've done some interesting workouts today...This morning I did the CTX Step and Intervals (cardio only) and then I did the Power Circuits from Body Max. At lunch I did about 10 minutes on the elliptical and then the guys asked me to run with them so I did about 2.5 to 3 miles. Then I did the following chest workout.

Pec Dec Flys - I started by doing a set of 12 reps (lighter weight) and then a set of 10 (moderate weight)and then I did a drop set in which I went quite heavy for 4 reps, immediately dropped the weight for another 4 reps, and then dropped it a final time to finish with 4 reps.

Incline DB Press - Same as above.

Single Arm Flyes - I lie flat on a bench with both arms in the air, do flys on one side for 10 reps and then switch to the other side (arms remain in the air the entire set). This move also works the core you have to use a weight that won't cause you to turn your body...quite challenging. Hard to explain...hope you understand it.

Push-ups - Superset with the above exercise. Do set to failure.

Lora - You are cracking me up today!! I have a BOSU but I hardly ever use it. What Amy Benuto's DVDs did you get?

Toasty - What did you decide to do today? Have you done Leaner Legs before...let me know what you think?

Debbie - I Love Gym-Styes too...need to pull that one out too!!

Dallas - Do you have another PT session today? I don't know what they are going to do about my co-worker....I'm not going to lose any sleep over it though...gonna make the best of it.

Terri - Glad you're feeling better...hope you took today off. It will do you good...

Susan - Glad you slept in...How's the running going?

Sabrina - Hi there...haven't seen you around here for a while. Hope you start feeling better. The race is coming up fast isn't it??!!

Christine - Hi...work is busy for me too...it's a good thing!!

Take care guys...I'll try to come back later!!

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/39583717.gif[/IMG][/URL]
(fitxme)
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Marietta,

Just finished Leaner Legs. I almost gasped when I seen the woman in the back...so much hair!!! Gosh! Anyhow, I tried the squats with 110# and I had to keep pausing for low ends for that. That was rough. Next time I will go about 80 for that many squats. Overall, I liked it. Speck is licking my legs right now. EW!

Charlotte~~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.