Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check In For Thurs June 22

0 Push ups

Cathlete
Good Morning,
Lora??? Please check in.

Editing,I just noticed this came out with dh profile. I have this happen sometimes when he has been on before me.

We had to have my car towed to a shop. I can't imagine what is wrong. It doesn't even have that many miles on it. I am off to work legs and abs today. I am going to try to go through each of Amy Benuto's drills off of her bootcamp twice omitting the upper and abs. I think that is feasable as cardio and lower is first on each drill. I also want to get in some floor work. My sone is coming over later this afternoon and try and put in a new kitchen faucet for us. I will check back later.

Hi to everyone,
Diane Sue

Morning,

Posted same time as you Diane Sue, thanks for starting this one. Sorry about your car. I had to replace an instrument cluster last week, $1389. What a crock, but what do you do? Guess I need to know how fast I'm going, huh?

Today's workout was Timesaver #1 step only, Timesaver #2 step, Rhythmic Step combo #2, finishing with the abs and planks from Timesaver #?. Good, fun, steady state cardio. Don't think I'd ever done the abs and planks before from the Timesaver. Tonite is our ladies night bike ride. Will probably be an easy spin as I'm needing fresh legs for Saturday's century ride. Will also skip the legwork in my rotation tomorrow, will sub with a nice long yoga. Also will start hydrating well tomorrow. It's supposed to be near 100 degrees here on Saturday.

Marietta, thanks for the concern for the heat for me. I don't usually suffer like others do in the heat, but it is a factor when I'm not acclimated. I've been trying to get out during the day at work and walking in it. I ride with a Camelbak of water, bottle of sports drink and also every couple of hours take a couple Hammer Gel endurolytes (sodium, potassium, magnesium, etc.) I'll just do the best I can and make sure I'm sipping on my Camelbak often. I find when I'm riding with just bottles, I don't drink as much as it's less handy to reach down for the bottle while riding.

Suz, sorry about the headache. I hope you got your ride in this morning with your friends. I don't blame you for not wanting to do an organized ride in the wind. That wouldn't be fun (unless of course it's a tailwind, but the odds are usually against us).

Lora, please don't quit posting. I miss you already...will be thinking of you today.

Debbie, I'm loving this rotation and looking forward (so far) to what each day has. I'll skip the leg work tomorrow, subbing yoga instead. Got to have fresh legs for Saturday.

Hi to all! I'd like to write personals for yesterday's posters, but I can't seem to flip back and forth without losing what I have written now.

My Friday today (whoohoo!!!). Love that feeling when I leave work today.

Jeanette

Damn is it hot and humid today. Kind of weird because when I woke up I was cold, yet clammy feeling. I hate that feeling. Its suppose to get really humid today so my air is going on, however, it wasn't on when I worked out and I sure could feel it.

I did IMAX 2 - two IMAX workouts this week. I was sweating so bad but did very well considering it was very hard to breath. I was in my zone for 36 minutes and burned 317 calories.

I can't believe how ripped Cedie is in this workout. She looked her best in the Intensity workouts.

Lora and Marietta - PLEASE check in!

Hope you all have great workouts! Stay cool!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Well I woke up this morning and took the dogs out and finially felt a wonderful breeze! I hope this means the rain is coming too.

Yesterday I did coremax 1 in the morning, biking with son, did some squats working in negative fashion (150# 8x's, 135#, 12x's, 120# 16x's, 100# 20x's, etc.) Walking lunges in the late evening (200 w/30#), chest/back/shoulders....did 3 sets of 12 for shoulders doing lying side laterals w/10# db's, bent over laterals w/5# db's, one arm cross w/12# db's, reverse overhead db laterals w/8# db's, press behind the neck and arnold press. Now my traps are more sore this morning then shoulders...WTH? For back, 3 sets of 12 doing wide grip chins behind the neck w/70#, and latpull downs the same, pullover extension with 50# (1 set, 10X's, 2nd set, 8x's, and lastly 5x's). Incline bench with 60# (1 set 10x's, 2nd/3rd set 8x's), Dumbbell flyes with 30# (1 set 10x's, then had to drop to 25# db's and finish the rest of sets the same)...having a weak day for chest for some reason.

Today I will do lowmax and triceps/biceps. I would like to get another bike ride in too. I know I am not suppose to be doing much cardio, but I really like seeing the changes in my legs lately and I just love riding!!!!!

Lora,

I miss you.

Debbie,

I checked over some of your rotations. I am trying to decide what one to do next month. Decisions...decisions. That is great you did two imax workouts this week. You should be feeling really good about yourself for that...great job as usual!

Netta,

Yeah, you got to take it easy out there in that heat. It has been pretty hot here too. Some dangerous stuff.

Hello to everyone else! Have a great sweaty day and don't forget to drink gallons of water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:7

Charlotte~~

Good Morning...

This morning I did KPC in it's entirety...that wasn't the plan when I started, but once I started I couldn't really stop. I'm planning a really good leg workout at lunch today.

I'm not going to spend much time dwelling on what happened yesterday. Just want to apologize for any offenses. One of the things that I like about coming here is that I feel really comfortable and that we all have something in common. I don't find that commonality among the people that are around me. I look forward to coming to this check-in more than a lot of other things. I indicated I would not check back in...not because I was angry, but because I didn't want the atmosphere to be uncomfortable for anyone.

Toasty - I really think you should look at some of Debbie's rotations....you'll like them a lot.

Debbie - Way to work it lady!! Glad to see you enjoying cardio again.

Netta - Wow! $1389 is a lot of dough! Sounds like you got the heat under control...show em what you're workin with!!!!

Diane Sue - Thanks for starting the thread. Hopoe you figure out what's wrong with your car...how frustrating. I think you should be able to do Amy's drills twice with no problem...let us know what you think of it when you're done.

Hi Lora, Suz, Susan, Sandy, Terri, Nicole, Dallas (hope I didn't miss anyone)!!

I'll be back later.

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/39583717.gif[/IMG][/URL]
(fitxme)
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Okay, I can’t stay away from here cuz I feel I’ve gotten too close to some of you to leave, and If I leave who the heck you gonna find to be as frivolous as I am with my money to buy all of these non-Cathe workouts and let you know which ones are worth buying? However, that being said……I don’t know if I can ever truly be myself here anymore or bare my soul and be honest.

This morning…..after I finally got out of bed, I had time for about 50 minutes of CIA-Criss Cross Cardio Kickbox. I would have liked to work my abs though. I also did Shiva Rea’s Trance Dance Yoga last night. I did the Meditative Flow Premix and Prana Yoga Premix. I scared my one cat into the basement when I was dancing. That’s pretty bad! LOL.

About all of that stuff yesterday, I am an extremely sensitive person and I was very upset about it (still am). I won’t go into all of the details of why cuz, I don’t have the energy to do so and I still don’t think everyone would understand where I’m coming from any way.

Marietta – If that did truly come from your heart, I didn’t mean to start anything, but that’s not the way I took it at all. I, again, don’t want to rehash this, but I’ll touch briefly on it. First of all, I appreciate you trying to help, but a professional was not even able to help me. Another thing that bothered me……do you really want to ask questions like you asked and hear honest answers….cuz here’s answers to a few of them. As stated yesterday, I have been for counseling (no help there) and was told I have ADD and that I just go thru life “surviving” but talking to a book educated Phd who really has not been thru the experiences of someone like me (I won’t say the word…..since I’m not supposed to claim who I am and where I come from) or cannot even begin to know what goes thru my sick mind, was of no help to me. As far as the purpose of life…..I have no idea what the purpose of life is and yes, for me…..life is the means to an end and the sooner God takes me, the better. I never asked to be brought into this world in the first place. As far as the glass being half full or half empty……..sometimes I can’t even find the glass. So, yes……..I’ve already claimed I have issues and I never said I didn’t, but did you (and everyone else who reads this) really all want to know all of this??? This is why I felt it should have been conveyed in a PM….but heck…since I’ve put myself out there time and time again and been honest and vulnerable…..what the heck…..may as well just let everyone know. If there is someone else out there that reads this who comes from where I come from………….maybe they can understand, but I don’t expect anyone else to. End of story. Subject finished.

Have great workouts and yes…….it is extremely humid here today.

Susan - yes, I do need another job.

Toasty - I burned another CD this morning. I have 2 left. Please PM me your addy again....so I can send them this weekend. Thanks.

Good Morning,

I was up with baby last night so I overslept two hours this morning! No time to workout. I’m having company for dinner tonight, so I guess today is an unplanned rest day. Oh well…

Charlotte, I’m impressed by the weights you use. I have a gym system at home but don’t use it. I just follow along with Cathe. You’re encouraging me though. I’ve hardly changed the amount of weight I lift in a year.

Debbie thanks for your input yesterday about muscle growth. If I don’t lift heavy I get skinny looking.

This brings me to another question I really like the GS workouts. I also like S&H. I’m finding that the pace Cathe does in the Gym Styles to be just a little too fast for the weights I want to use. Do you think I should make a suggestion the Cathe to design a new workout that is something in-between those, or just do my own thing and not try to keep up with her?

Diane Sue, I hope your car doesn’t have an expensive problem. What a pain. I have a large screw in my tire. I found it last night.

Netta, have fun on your bike ride tonight. I go out with the “ladies” too, but it’s not for exercise though.

I have a meeting to go to soon, so got to go for now.

Susan:D

Morning Everyone!

I was rushing around here trying to get everyone ready for swim lessons and a big thunderstorm came through. Looks like it will be a nice catch-up day here in the house.

I overslept too. That throat thing is trying to come back. x( I wonder if it's allergies. When the rain stops I think I'll run and get some Claritin. Now that swim lessons are cancelled I'll get in some sort of cardio workout. Maybe I'll add the power circuits from Body Max to whatever cardio I choose to do.

Susan ~ I completely agree with you about having something in between. I love the GS and S&H.

Glad to see you two (Lora and Marietta) around. :)

Netta ~ That's great you have exercise get-togethers. I'm more like Susan. Our get togethers don't involve any sweating. ha ha! However, they do involve some drinks. :7

Diane Sue ~ How's your hubby? I thought maybe you sign in under his username to keep your post count down. ;-)

Ok, off to do some house stuff. Blech! :-(

Dallas
http://www.picturetrail.com/chisoxfan

Good morning everyone!

Guess what? It's NOT windy here! It's raining. :) It was windy until the rain started. I was supposed to ride again this morning, but we have now planned for tomorrow morning. I had another stinkin' migraine (I think b/c it's about that time of month) so it was best anyway. Imitrex just makes me like jello and I'd sure hate to fall off my bike. :p It felt good to sleep in a bit too. Now I have aaaalllll day long to plan a great workout. We do have dinner with friends tonight, but that's early, so I can still get in my workout. I've been walking all over this campus all week with the kids camp and my shins are actually sore. Go figure!

All this talk about GS makes me think I should get them. You all really like them???

Netta - I hope it's not too hot for you during your century. I think I'm going to skip out of the "Tour de Prairie" Saturday and ride with DH - if it's not too windy. He won't ride if it's too windy. He said that he rides for enjoyment and fitness and if it's too windy it's not fun so he does other cardio. But with him he can be off the bike for 3 months and hop on and be super speedy. x( He's hardly ridden this year b/c of the wind. But he's still as fast as lightning.

Diane Sue - I hope your car's okay.

Hi to everyone else!!!!

Off to see how the little children are doing. Today I wore tennis shoes so that should help.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Charolotte - EXCELLENT workout! You go girl!

Marietta - I love KPC but can't do it too often because of my low back. I need to do that one again, though. And did I say I enjoyed my cardio? LOL! JK!

Lora - Good to see you posting. I can't relate to what you are going through, but I can say that I will keep you in my prayers. You are a good person and a strong lady. Keep up your workouts.

Susan - I'd like to see a workout from Cathe with an inbetween rep sequence as well. Sometimes GS is too fast for me so I just slow down and work to failure.

Suz- sorry you have a migraine. I hate migraines. I hope I don't have to put up with my TTOTM every 2 weeks for too long, or I'll have a constant migraine (I also get them during TTOTM)...only Zomig doesn't make me feel like jello. I think I'm going to switch to Imitrex though cuz I need to start buying generic and they don't make a generic Zomig.

Hi Guys!

I just got done working my legs...got a feeling I'll be pretty sore. Haven't had a good/hard leg workout in quite a while.

I have a feeling it's going to be a long, long day. I'm not too terribly busy and so that certainly doesn't help.

Suz - I too am sorry you are not feeling well. At least it's raining so you don't have to feel bad about not riding. It's raining here too.

Check on you all later...

Good afternoon,
I got in my workout this morning. I did Amy Benuto's Boot Camp doing each cardio segment two times keeping moving throughout the breaks, then followed each cardio I did with the lower work,(I did the bouncing on the stability ball segment two times) it took me 51 minutes, I followed this with GS legs floorwork & calves w/ a 25# dumbbell and stretch. I also did 100 leg raises on the VKR tower, 100 resisted Bowflex crunches, 50 stability ball oblique crunches on each side w/10# med ball. I haven't heard anything on my car.

Marietta, doing Amy's workout like that seemed a lot more intense. I really worked up a good sweat.

Netta, I sure hope my car doesn't take that cost that much. It sounds like a good mixture of workouts. I like to take the 3 ab segments from the Timesavers and put them together for a 22 minutes ab workout.

Dallas, dh is improving daily. Funny I don't even have an idea where my post count is LOL. Sounds like you are busy with activities with the children this summer.

Susan, I hope your poor baby feels better. I am sure lots of cuddling helps soothe his misery.

Lora, I'm looking forward to more workout reviews:) How is your eye? I once poked myself in the eye bending to quickly over a stake in a vining plant. It was red for awhile.

Charlotte, sounds like you got in a great workout as usual. I sometimes look at the weights you use and think Whoa!! I guess I do go higher on lower body with the Bowflex. I could never do that with free weights.

Sus, how are you doing? No wind finally!! Maybe you can get in a good ride.

Hi, Terri, Nicole, Christine and Sandy
Diane Sue

Thanks for all the well wishes on my migraine. LUCKILY the second dose of Imitrex finally kicked in and I've had a great day. Pray that I don't wake up with one tomorrow. That's kind of how they go. But then I won't get one for a month or so (sometimes longer - fingers crossed) and I'm SO thankful for that. :)

Lora - they have generic Imitrex??? Does it work the same? Imitrex is so very expensive, but I think I'd pay anything when I have one.

Marietta - you're absolutely right. When I was lying in bed and heard the rain start I was so relieved. I just hate that feeling of not working out. I kept thinking "maybe I'll go do the Happiness yoga or maybe I'll jump on the elliptical or maybe..." but I kept falling back to sleep. Before I had prescription meds, the ONLY thing that would ever work for me was a run and it had to be at least 50 minutes (must be when the endorphines kick in). So I imagine anything high intensity would do it? But now that I have drugs, it's hard to get motivated to use a workout. But I still do sometimes - just not at the crack of dawn! :p

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

Suz - I thought they did. I might be mistaken. I'll have to look into it though. How much do you pay for your Imitrex? and how many do you get at once? I get 10-15 at a time and it costs me $20-25 with my drug plan. It's expensive.....but I'm sure it could be worse if I didn't have a drug plan. I know what you mean. It's really hard to suffer thru them without medication. I can barely function at work when I get one...unless I take meds. Do you know of any natural herbs or supplements to take to prevent them? I've heard about taking CQ10....and I even bought some but they were very expensive so I haven't tried them yet.

Sus, boy did I forget something when I posted. I had you riding in the rain. LOL I read the posts and by the time I get done and start typing I forget part of what I read. I hate migraines. I am not sure about generic Imitrex. I thought there was none, as my pharmacy never has a generic. It quite often takes two doses for them to work for me I always wait till I have tried Excedrin and ran out of options, when the doctor urges me to start at the onset.
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Suz, I'm glad your migrain went away...and I hope you dont get one tomorrow. I've had them in the past. What worked for me was a combination of herbs, Feverfew and White Willow bark.

Diane Sue, I'm blown away at your ab routine today. My gosh! I'm going to have to try that...notice I said "try" hahahaha Something would *have* to happen then, right?

Have a good evening, everyone. I'm almost done here at the office and have dinner plans tonight.

Susan C.M.

Lora - hmmm...I can't remember how much I pay for them, but it's a TON! I've met my deductible this year, so now I only do a co-pay of $20. I get 9 packs, 100mg each. I usually get three 9 packs at a time. I won't use them and then WHAM! I use them all up. :)

The only thing I've heard of to try is Feverfew, as Susan mentioned, but it never worked for me. I took it years ago.

Diane Sue - I SHOULD have been riding in the rain! :) I don't know why, but it usually takes me two doses also. Once in awhile one will do the trick, but not often. Excedrin is awesome, but doesn't work on the migraines. Sometimes it will take the edge off but I have to watch it b/c I get into that "addiction" cycle with Excedrin b/c of the caffeine. Then I start getting more headaches and I take more Excedrin and so on until I finally have to go cold turkey on the Excedrin - which is where I'm at right now.

I feel great right now though! I'm off to dinner with DH and friends. Tomorrow I WON'T have a migraine. How's that?!

Suz

That's right -- I was taking Feverfew and I had to stop taking it because the sinus doctor said it could be exacerbating the polyps I have in my sinuses (because it is an aspirin like substance).

Maybe I better stick with the Zomig if you need 2 doses of Imitrex. I usually only take 1 Zomig, although at times, I could easily take another. Yes -- caffeine definitely causes rebound headaches.

Sorry for turning this thread into Migraine central. I'm off to preview my new Body Sizzle workouts to see if I want to do one in the morning.

I just did PY4H - the Quickie. But then b/c I saw my dreadful triceps in the mirror when I'm doing the warrior pose, I had to work them when I was finished. I HATE my triceps. What do you all think is the best workout for them?

Nighty night.

Suz

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.