Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check In for Thurs 5-4

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fitness Maniacs -

This morning I ended up doing 3 different cardios. I started out with Seasun Zieger's Bosu Blast on my 10" step, but it looked way more fun on the Bosu and it wasn't that hard to follow - so I popped it out after 20 minutes and then did 20 min of Hi/Lo aerboics off of CIA with Kim Spreen - Cardio Camp Workout and another 20 minutes of kickboxing off of the Kim Spreen workout.

All in all, it ended up being a good workout and I burned about 30 calories less than I burned the other day doing Imax 3.

I initially wasn't going to buy all of the CIA DVDs, as I've only had a couple CIAs workouts in the past and they were hit or miss. So far, I'm really pleased with this batch of latest offerings. I can't wait to get my Bosu cuz it looks like lots of fun. It's bouncy, so it sort of combines step with rebounding! I think I'm going to like it. I ended up getting all of the CIA DVDs because the presale price made it like one of them was free. Kim Spreen's was the one I was the least interested in, but now that I did it today, she is more likeable on this DVD and the workout was fun. The workout concludes with a 20 minute (or longer - not sure) leg workout.

Terri - sorry you got a dry socket. I got one of those a long time ago when I was in my late 20's or early 30's. They hurt! I sympathize with you.

Susan - I really can't judge the Sheri Jacquelyn kickbox just yet. I don't think I did enough of it, but at this point, I'd say she's about as advanced as Cathe. I still kind of believe it's also what you put into a workout, but the section I did had impact in between the kicboxing and one part was flying jacks (ala Cathe). Today's Cardio Camp workout is also a kickbox with hi impact in between. The production is pretty good on these CIAs and they each have a few premixes (not as many as Cathe). The music is a little better than your average DVD.

Charlotte - Did you get my email that I sent from my work address yesterday? ([email protected]). I never heard back from you, so I'm wondering if you got it.

Dallas - I have only done Yoga for Athletes a couple times. It is good for time pressed days. It has 5 mini routines on it (5-10 min.) and 2 longer ones of 20 minutes each. I use it after aerobics sometimes.

Have great workouts everyone.

Lora,

My new system is giving me problems. Apparently, you are not the only one not getting my emails. This stinks!!!!!! I will have to try to get things fixed on friday. I will email you from my yahoo account, o.k. Should work there.

Charlotte~~

Great cardio, Lora! I've heard excellent things about the CIA workouts. I kind of wish I had them.

This morning I did CTX Upper Body Split and had an excellent workout. I even increased my weights on a lot of the exercises. I was burning with each muscle group. I really love this workout, it really has some good exercises in it and it moves quickly.

Tomorrow is my rest day and boy do I need one. This rotation is wiping me out! But I love it!

Have great workouts everyone! Hi to everyone!!

Morning ladies!

I thought I would pop in real fas and say "HI". I have been busy, the end of the school year is close and there is lots to do. I am off on a field trip in a little while. My oldest is going to the zoo and to a museum. Oh and I forgot to tell you ladies that he has his first date Friday night. Waaahhhh!! A girl asked him to the dance. How sweet is that?! I cannot believe it it is just shy of being 11. He is meeting the girl there at 7. I get to meet her today though on the field trip. Maybe I should see what her intentions are towards my son. hahaha

Have a great day!!! I have to go pack my lunch. lol

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

O.k. I am awake now! I am going to do a circuit challenge and some blast moves from Imax 2. I have to mow today too and wait 2 hours for car to get repaired as I have to take it down for service today. So I think I will take a walk over to Target and buy some things that I need while I wait. My neck and shoulders are sooooo much better today. Thank goodness!

Charlotte~~

Good Morning everyone,

I'm off for a run. I'm not sure how far I'll go just yet. I then plan to do SH C&B and planks.

Charlotte, I'm glad your neck is better!

Sabrina, kids are "dating" at 10 years old? "Waahhhh!" is right! HOw did your open house go yesterday? Have fun on the field trip.

Lora, thanks for the review on the CIA workouts. It's good to know there are some good advanced workouts. So far, I'm going to still stick with Cathe's. There are some of hers I feel I dont get to, so I dont need anymore.

Dallas, how is your dd? Did you have to take her to the doctor?

Marietta, is your employee show up today?

Later.....

Susan C.M.

Good Morning Ladies!

I'm off for a run shortly (a short one - 3 miles), then I'll comje home and do Bryan Kest's Power Yoga (Energize). I need yoga so badly today! I'm looking forward to it.

I have Rodney Yee's Yoga for Athlete's as well. I use it as an additional stretch - especially the first part. I like it. But I do have to wonder why Rodney feels compelled to show everything god gave him while wearing spandex.

Dallas - I'm enjoying P90X. Adding running is making it a little wearing, so I'm a little tired today. But, I am gaining muscle and strength. I can really tell a difference - both in what I can lift and how I look. I do think I need to add more yoga to it as I'm feeling kind of built up - as if I don't have as much flexibility as I used to from the muscle gain. Fortunately, next week is my recovery week, so I'll be adding a lot of yoga to it!

Sabrina - I have a 13yo - so yeah, I know what you mean. They "meet up" at dances. Tell him to have fun - is he nervous?

Ooops - just noticed the time - have to get DD up and go for my run! Enjoy your day ladies!

Waves hello to eveyrone who follows.

Good morning my friends!!

Hope all is well with everyone...

This morning I had a great workout! I did the extended version of Low Max and to top that off...I did blast 1-5 with a 5 lb. dumbbell in my hands. This was my first time doing that so I didn't want to do too much weight. I could definitely feel the difference with just that amount of weight.

Lora - I've had some CIA videos a really long time ago and stopped getting them because I was quite disappointed at times. I may have to look into them again based on your reviews. Do you get them from Collage?

Toasty - So you're gonna have email issues until Friday? Do you know what the problem is? Sounds like your day is FULL...but then with you that's always the case. Have fun at Target...love that place!!

Debbie - You know what? I've never done the CTX upper body split...shame on me. Don't know why...I've heard good things about it, just haven't figured out a way to get it into my rotation I guess.

Sabrina - You're gonna have the girls lining up on your doorstep...get ready!! Let us know how the "date" goes.

Susan - Enjoy your run. My co-worker is back...she actually was here yesterday too...but she left early. I prayed about this situation...I have so much peace about it now...that I could care less what she does. I'll leave it to management to handle. I'll just do what I can and not sweat it...know what I mean?

Dallas - How are you?? Is PT still good?? Girl, if I didn't workout to relieve stress....I don't think anyone would like me!!

Terri - Hope you are feeling better today.

Christine - You've got me wanting to make a trip to a Whole Foods store...think I found one around here...may try to get there this weekend....we'll see.

Hi Nicole (thinking of you), Diane Sue, and Christine!!

I'll certainly be back...

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/39583717.gif[/IMG][/URL]
(fitxme)
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Marietta - if you get a chance to go, go. I love Whole Foods. They are pricey, but so worth it. Their meats and seafoods are so much better than even the upscale stores I have around me. I go once every other week just because I can't afford every week! LOL.

Nicole - HUGS!

Terri - hope you're doing better!

Good afternoon,
This has been such a hectic week. I spent yesterday afternoon with my dd Candy. She was feeling down so we went shopping and to lunch. She felt much better when she went home. She had a good doctor check up. Her doctor gave her some medicine for the back pain she has since the surgury and said she would feel tired and down for a little while. Tonight is the first Swan Lake performance my grand daughters are in They are frogs. There is two performances. So I will be getting them ready and going to the performance. They have been working on this most of the wchool year. Today I got in Turbo Jam Cardio Party Mix#1, and TJ Punch Kick and Jam stopping at the tubing work. I followed this with ab jam and GS Chest & Triceps.

Sabrina, have fun at the field trip:)

Terri, I am so sorry you are in so much pain. I hope it gets better soon. I remember my brother going through that and hanging over the sink in pain.

Hi to everyone,
I will try and chek in later.
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Afternoon All!

The walk was so much fun at the school. We had the perfect day. I did manage to get up even earlier (4A) to workout. I did the treadmill for 45 minutes and GS legs (partial standing and all of the floor). I'll get to abs tonight.

My sister kept calling my cell all day, so I got freaked out. All is well. She was just trying to tell me my dh's family was on the end of the Oprah show. His family has been in the candy business for many years. Maybe you can catch the episode. Here's the link:

http://www2.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200605/tows_past_20060504.jhtml

I thought that was pretty neat to see.

My dh's uncle still runs a candy business called Cupid Candies, and their ice cream bars are so good they are bad for you! lol! :9 :9 I have to split one with my kids because they are so big!

Nicole called me this AM before I left for round 2 of the walk. The doctor wants to wait and shee if he gets his levels up before they take the next step. I told her to keep me posted. That was so sweet of her to call me for an update. :)

Hi everyone! I'll check back later...

Dallas

Good Afternoon!!

Kinda quiet around here...guess I can understand that.

I have class this evening...trying to figure out what I'll be doing.

Diane Sue - Glad you were able to spend some quality time with your dd. She'll be back to herself in no time. Enjoy the program...sounds like it should be really good.

Dallas - Glad you had fun at the walk today. A 4:00 am workout...gosh!!!! Glad Nicole called you...tell her we are thinking of her.

Christine - gonna try to get there...wanted to go tomorrow, but if I have to work that might not happen.

I wasn't supposed to work tomorrow, but looks like I'm gonna have to now...bummer!

Today is the National Day or Prayer...take a minute to say a prayer for our country and also for your loved ones.

Have an excellent evening...

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/39583717.gif[/IMG][/URL]
(fitxme)
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Evening All!

I'd like to get back to my regular check-in time. ha ha! This is too late for me, but that's how busy these days have been.

Lora ~ Thanks for the info on that DVD. Do you think that it compares to Stretch Max? I already have that.

Marietta ~ That was some workout! Is that A-Jock's variation? I'd like to try that one. Yes, still doing PT. That girl knows her stuff. She's so impressive. She just got back from doing a triathlon. She did it in 3 hours and 20 minutes. She said it wasn't her best time. I don't care..swimming in the ocean is not for me.

Diane Sue ~ Enjoy the recital. Sounds fun! Glad you were able to cheer your dd up...sounds like you two had a lot of fun!

Terri ~ How are you feeling?

Sabrina ~ How was the field trip?

Susan ~ No, I didn't take dd to the doctor. I did talk to him though. He calmed me down. ;-) How did the run go?

Christine ~ Glad you're enjoying P90X! I'm sure you'll be enjoying that recovery week. Whole Food store, hmmm. I should check and see if we have one around here.

Debbie ~ Which rotation are you doing? Enjoy your rest day tomorrow.

Charlotte ~ I was on the treadmill this AM and had FitTV on. Imax 2 came on. It took a lot of self-control to NOT hop off the treadmill and join in w/Cathe and crew! That's just what my foot would need. Get all your work done around the house? It's never ending!

I still have abs to do. Had PT, make dinner, yadda yadda. I tell you she's really working my legs. DOMS is already setting in, of course that could be from GSL too.

Have a great evening!

Dallas

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.