Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check In for Sat 4-29

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fitness Maniacs -

This morning I did Christi Taylor's Step Heaven (60 min) followed by Mindy's All About Abs Segment (15 min) with the Med Ball and MTV Yoga (45 min).

I wanted to do that Christi DVD to see if I got any better at the coreography. I still can't get the 2nd segment on that DVD and now I have that music stuck in my head. LOL! It was a good workout though.

Mindy's ab segment was very unique. It was non-traditional ab work standing and sitting with the med ball. Most of her newer stuff has very much of a functional fitness feel to it. It is very different than the usual exercises, which is good, as it will compliment Cathe well.

I'm in a Rotation Rut. I can't decide what I want to do again. I looked at a couple Cathe rotations, but I'm sort of getting a dread factor because of lugging all of my equipment out and cuz I've been craving variety lately. I'm contemplating a Slim Series rotation, P90 Masters rotation or a combined P90 Masters, TJ & Cathe or P90 Masters/P90X rotation. I'm also thinking about doing a Cathe Hardcore rotation for fatloss..................can't decide. I'm so much an ADD girl.

Have great workouts everyone. I'm off to soak in the tub. I don't know what movie we're going to today. The DH just got mad at me cuz I told him to get off of the computer so I could do my check in and he was looking at movies.

Charlotte - Have you seen the new Chili Peppers Video "Dani California"? It's really wild. They dress up like all kinds of bands from the Beetles, to David Bowie to Kiss. It's classic weird Chili Peppers!! Love it!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I got my workouts in REALLY late. I was just so tired and had no energy so I took a nap. I did C&W ab work, breakdown circuit and plyo's. I didn't get started until 4pm which is very late for me.

I got hired at the bank in town. The hours are not as long thru the week, but I expect my family to help me out so things don't fall apart at home or I will hire a maid, etc.

Lora,

I haven't seen too many videos lately, but I will have to check it out. I want to get the P90X series someday soon. Now that I will be working I should be able to. Your DH sounds like my DH. Only I am not going to any movies with my DH today. Everyone has decided to leave me today. Daughter has to work and son and hubby are off to Maryland. Lately, I have been very lonely. I need a girls night out or something sooooooo bad!

Charlotte~~

Charlotte - Check out the VH1 countdown this morning. I think it was number 14 (if my member serves me correctly). I'm sorry that you're lonely. I'm such a loner and never get lonely. I like being by myself, although, my DH and I do a lot together on the weekends. We each have our "own room" when we hang out at home. He stays in his room and I stay in mine. We've been married way too long. Oooohhh -- you gotta job and our gonna buy P90X!! Yay. I'll wait for you to purchase and we can do a rotation together. Maybe I should do a FL one now then. I have to browse and get in the right mindset. I still have my Mindy's to play with and I havent' done my most recent Tae Bo Elites yet.

Where is everyone today??

Diana Sue - Did you get the Power Half Hour set? I was thinking about doing a Power Half Hour rotation with TurboJam, Step and other cardio for variety. What do you think of that series? I would probably do 2 segments on a weight day back to back.

Anyone ever order shoes from Zappos.com? I like that site cuz if you need to return something, they send you a shipping label and you never pay shipping on your shoes. I just ordered a pair of Black & Hot Pink Vans to wear with jeans. They're cool.

Good morning fitness ladies!!

It's kind of overcast this morning (famous fog), but I'm looking forward to a 4-5 mile run (I think the loop is about 5 miles, I'll have to run it to see). Then I'll probably finish up the yoga I didn't get to finish on Thursday. DH is coming in this afternoon, but his plane isn't expected to land until 1:00 - so he won't be here until 2:00/2:30 which gives me time to get things done. :) Tonight is dinner at one of our Indian friends (the one who cooks so well!), so I'm going to be taking every shred of will power I can muster with me!

Lora - I know what you mean - I seem to take forever to decide on what rotation I want to follow, and then I usually switch midstream. *Shrugs* So far I've been sticking to P90X and enjoying it. I will be doing some change arounds in weeks 4-6 (subbing Legs and Back with a Cathe Leg workout just for variety, etc). But it's the first one I've really stuck to in a long time. Good luck deciding. But if you're craving variety, there's nothing wrong with that!

Charlotte - Congrats on the job! That's exciting. Let us know how it goes!

Waves a cheery hello to everyone! Happy Saturday!

Hello Ladies,

I am so glad the weekend is here! What is everyone doing? No big plans for me. Just working out and getting some things done at the house. Hope to have some time out in the nice weather.

Diane Sue-Thanks for the kind words yesterday. They meant a lot. I am out of my funk mood today :)

Charlotte-I too want p90x some time. When do you start your job?

Lora-Let me know what movies you see this weekend. I want to see the one about the plane from 9/11.

Ok I will be back later.

Terri

Hello Ladies!

Wow Lora, you must get up extremely early on Saturdays, your post was out there by 7 a.m. I think. Great going and great workout!

This morning I did the Extended Low Max workout you guys mentioned yesterday. HOLY CRAP! What an incredible workout that was. Whoever made it up must be a masochist, but I guess I am one as well since I did it all AND added calf raises after Cycle #7! I was in my training zone for an hour and 20 minutes and burned 518 calories! I was drenched in sweat! Now thats the way to work! It kind of makes me mad that I have to practically kill myself to get a decent calorie burn anymore. I wish I enjoyed running, I know I could get out of this cardio rut if I started doing that.

Anyways, you all have a great day! I hope you all have some Hardcore Kick @ss workouts!

Terri - We're going to see that one tomorrow. I think we're going to the one about the Gymnast with Jeff Bridges today. I want to see the 9/11 one also, even though the acting probably sucks....no known people in it.

Debbie - I have to get up around the same time every day...so I only sleep in till 3:00 am on the weekends. Sometimes I sleep until 3:30 but then I have trouble sleeping on Sunday nights. I really have a big problem sleeping unless I sleep deprive myself. I'm so hyper that I'm like the Energizer Bunny! I rarely get tired. It sucks sometimes, but has its advantages...I guess.

Terri,

I go in to fill out paperwork on Monday, but the lady wants me to start this coming week, I think. Oh, gosh! LOL! I am sooooo nervous.....never did this before.

Charlotte~~

Charlotte, What are your hours and what will you be doing? I think once you get in the swing of working again you will like it. :)

Terri

Good afternoon
This morning I did a 3.5 mile treadmill run then Cardio Party 1, I am going to do upper body and abs later. I will find something tomorrow as well. I think Monday will be a day off and I am not sure about Tuesday. It is Jury duty for me. If I get up at 5 am I could do a workout and split and do the rest in the evening. I am not sure what my plans are. If it was a regular job I would plan around it but this is temporary and I am sure I will not be picked as a juror.

Terri, glad you are out of your funk today. They are not fun.

Debbie great workout, it looks like you burned a lot of calories.

Lora, I only bought the PHH abs workout. I would love to have more but will add them here and there. I just got the Maximum Turbos and really am enjoying them. Beach Body has some excellent workouts. I shop at Zappos all of the time. I just bought the Saucony cross trainers and a pair of running shoes for the treadmill. I like that you can read all of the reviews and choose accordingly. They have excellent service.

Charlotte, Congratualations on the new job, I always am a little worried about change in my schedule but it always works out in the end. It looks like you have plenty of time to choose what you want to do today since you are alone:)

Hi to everyone,
Diane Sue

Hi everyone,

Today I jogged three miles, then did Core Max #1, then did ME lower body premix.

Christine, I too like Indian food. It is so fattening though. Maybe if you eat a small salad before you leave, you won’t eat as much as if you were really hungry. You’ll be fine if eat in moderation. Have fun at your friends!

Charlotte, so you’re not working at the sports store? What happened? Good luck at the bank.

Lora, what helps me when doing a rotation, is to write it out. Just decide what you want to work on for May and select from your videos.

Terri, I don’t have any big plans either this weekend. Lots of cleaning and some yard work. It was so cold this morning. It should be close to 60 by now. I'm glad you sound happier today.:D

Diane Sue, I’ve never done jury duty. Why do you feel you wouldn’t be selected?

Well, gotta run! Have a great weekend.
Susan

Susan C.M.

Terri,

I will be a teller at the bank. My hours will be 8-2pm on some days and 11-5 on others, etc. I will never have to work on Sundays and I will have to work Saturdays, but only to 2pm. Always off on holidays. I will have to dress up everyday. Oh, that is going to just about kill me. I hate wearing a dress or skirt. I will have to do some more shopping for those things.

Diane Sue,

I am just moody today, I guess.

Charlotte~~

Susan,

No, not at the sports place. I decided not to take that job. Would have to work every weekend and the hours always 10-4. I like the idea of working various hours at the bank because some days I might be able to get more things done at home, etc.

Charlotte~~

Susan, this will be my third time doing jury duty. As soon as I get in a courtroom for jury selection I am sent out. They find out my DH was a policeman and is in law enforcement. They do not want to use me as they feel like I would be biased against the defendant.
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Charlotte, congrats on the job! Being a bank teller was something I always wanted to do but can't take standing up all day.

Susan - The workout took an hour and 40 minutes altogether.

Charlotte - you can't possibly hate wearing dress clothes more that ME.. I hate shopping for them and I HATE wearing them! I don't even care what I wear. I have all of the stuff I bought when I first got my job there and 2 pair of shoes that I rotate! I know how you feel going to work after not working for a while. It takes a while to get into the groove.

The movie was pretty good. I liked it. It was called Stick It. It was about a rebellious teenager who gets court ordered to either go to military school or a gymnastic training center. We're going to see the 9/11 plane movie tomorrow.

Lora,

Oh, yes I do!!!!

O.k., I am done with working biceps/triceps. I did cheat curls w/75#, curled 30# db's 10x's then dropped to 25# db's (2 sets of 10's) alternate curls. Triceps with 45# behind head (3 sets of 10's)

Also did Step Blast. I cannot believe how much I sweat...it was pouring in my eyes! I got all the moves down now after the second time and I can do it with my own music on too! I did not fall off my stepper!!!! YEAH!

Charlotte~~

Good evening,
I finished off my workout today with Pyramid upper entire workout and ab jam. My hamstring is better today. Last night I did the 10 minute yoga portion of Cardio X and then stretch max with the ball.
I kind of wanted to fit in Power Half hour abs but dont have the time. Maybe I can do it with some cardio in the morning before church. I am going to the arts festival with my daughter,Crystal and her family in the afternoon. I have my grandson here this evening and we are going to play a game and read some stories.

Have a wonderful evening,
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.