Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check-In for August, 2019

Today I did Barre Amped Bounce Thigh, Booty, Cardio and Stretch segments, 49 minutes ( I added a couple of extra minutes of bouncing) met 5.3, 221 calories, 2,345 steps. Then I went to the dentist for my routine cleaning and x rays. Afternoon was Physical Therapy for an hour and fifty minutes. She added a couple of new exercises for me to do. She gets my neck loosened up a lot, but that shoulder thing still hurts. She added a move to go through on just that side to help the nerve that runs through my trap area down my shoulder and arm. That one I am not supposed to hold, just do the stretch. She says it will take some time to get it straightened out.

Debbie, I do that sometimes with a workout. Once I get going I have a lot of fun with it when I was not really feeling a workout at all. I told the PT I was icing. She said to use ice or heat. Whichever feels better.

Belinda, I have just purchased washing soda from Arm and Hammer. I have a couple of large bottles of Dr Brommers castile soap. I used to mix up my own hand soap. My husband did not care for it though. He likes foaming soap. He thinks if there is not suds it is not working. I keep natural liquid hand soaps in the kitchen and he complains, but I am the one that works in the kitchen, so I get what I like there and in my bath upstairs. I told him the foaming soap feels like you stuck your hands in bubbles from bubble bath and didn't feel like it cleaned. Caustic cleaners are terrible. They make me cough and my eyes water and I want to spray and run. I have used Grab Green laundry products a lot. My only problem is that the material they use for their pods do not dissolve well. I poke a hole in them and have to use warm water. The same company has another brand that I can get in a powder and it works much better. They started selling grab green in Sprouts. I still order from Amazon. I have seen the Mollies cleaners, just have not tried them.

Doreen, nice workout. Sorry about the cold shower. At least it wasn't winter time ;) I do hate when that happens.

Jolie, nice that you were able to do an Yvette workout. I know how much you love them. Everytime someone says they feel sore and are happy about it I feel like cringing LOL I know I will get over it. I just don't feel even the good sore right now. Although for some reason my legs have been a bit sore and from what? Maybe just working out differently.

Hi,

We went hiking at Shenandoah trails this morning. We never went on that trail, it was a rough rocky trail.

Dianne - I never mixed my own hand soap. I buy organic hand liquid soap, lots of suds. I only use Dr. Bronner for mixing my own cleaners. I know you can use it for other things. I have to look into Grab Green products. I use use liquid laundry detergents. I can't use pods I have the same problem with them

hope you having a great weekend.

Reactions: WD
I did RAW Real Raw #3 this morning. Not really my favorite. I think she moves too slow. I even used heavier weights but the breaks still felt too long. Or I just wasn't feeling it. The music was good though! Then I did a lower body finisher from the Sh1ft OnDemand app. They have some good workouts but they are all really short - less than 30 minutes - I was going to subscribe after my week free trial but I changed my mind.

Anyone get the new KCM DVDs? I'd love to hear comments - I didn't pre-order.

Today I had a kick butt workout, feeling really good since i took yesterday off. It is hot here today so i did not go for my usual walk. I did Yvette Bachman Cardio Step with Legs/ Shoulders and Back. Workout was supposed to be 56 minutes but mine was 68 because I had to rest so many times in between the cardio blasts! :) I burned 657 calories and my average heartrate was 133 and max was 174. I thought i had picked an easier workout but this was tuff stuff today. I haven't worked legs like this since before my back issue. I am feeling better, my spasms are subsiding because i added major amounts of Potassium to my vitamin regime along with Turmeric and High Doses of Magnesium with Calcium and Bone Meal. Yes!!!!!!

Diane Sue, sorry your legs are feeling sore. Try what i have been doing lately with the supplements, it is doing wonders for my and i am sleeping great. I take them all about an hour before i go to bed.

Doreen, sorry about your workout, you not digging it and all. I have tried to love Kelly workouts, i have so many but i just don't for some reason. I cant put my finger on it. I think i want to try Les Mills, the weight training i forgot the name. I wish i had their old dvds. I should go to the thrift store to see if they have any. Belinda and i are pulling out old dvds, for some reason i like older styles workouts, they are more basic and i like that type of workout.

Belinda, great hike yesterday, i hate walking with a lot of rocks, i am afraid i will roll and ankle.

Happy Sunday everyone.

Yesterday I only did my PT exercises with a 10 minute warm up using Kelly's Raw Cardio Overload 2 without the weight vest and then following through with the exercises. This took me an hour and 2 minutes. They my husband and I went to the church to hang a projection screen and he took me to a nice restaurant downtown for my birthday dinner since my birthday follows on Tuesday. Great scenery. It is in the tallest building overlooking the city. The food was excellent :) Today I went through PT without a warm up and skipping a couple of the moves which I still need to do and that took me 30 minutes. We had church and my grandson is coming for dinner when he gets off work. Tomorrow I have to be at the Heart place for an echo at 7:30 so any exercise will have to be when I get back.

Jolie, I take magnesium, boswellia, ashwagandha, collagen with some vitamin C, and sometimes have some resishi mushroom before bed. I don't do curcumin just before bed because it needs the pepper in it and that keeps me awake so I have it earlier. I recently switched to magnesium oratate which was recommended on the Arthritis Foundation site. These things all help and I do use Curcumin and a boswellia capsule earlier in the day. I quit the glucosamine I was taking after reading that people may need to be careful as it can cause problems in the arteries or something. I think that I read it on the Arthritis foundation website. I actually have felt a bit discouraged with all of the supplements and care I have taken trying to be healthy and this all of this stuff. Not working out as much has not made much difference. I have dropped to 114.2 lbs. I have added in more fruit and some oatmeal (which I am on the fence about eating since I try to be grain free) Cutting back on fat some. Those grains can contribute to inflammation and I am just not sure. Dr Axe says overnight cooking oats or sprouting those grans can make them better to eat. I buy gluten free oats.

Doreen, my new Kelly Coffey dvds are supposed to come tomorrow. I saw them in my informed delivery. I think my favorite real raw workout is the first one.

Belinda, I do prefer liquid laundry detergents. I have wondered if I took the time to put the pods in some hot water first, that then they would work fine. Maybe I should try that. Nothing worse than pulling dark colors out of the machine with soap streaks on them.

Hi,

I ended up not going to the live yoga class today. we couldn't get any tickets. We went for a nice walk instead.

Jolie - I have the same fear as you do. I don't like rocky hikes.

Diane - I prefer liquid detergent for the same reason you mention. It makes my chores so much easier. Hope you echo today went well

Good night.

Today I did Kelly's RAW R&R May - I used my treadmill and did intervals of jogging and boxing. Love this one, it is so fun. I attached a pic of my arm while boxing, it looked more impressive in the mirror! LOL

I didn't know what to set my FB on for this workout? Treadmill workout, kickboxing? I settled for just Workout. I wish there was a setting for interval workouts.

Workout was 46 minutes, burned 399 calories, went 1.5 miles on my treadmill and did 5300 steps.

I jogged for the whole thing changing the incline and really did well with it. I'm glad I can run again although I doubt I will do much sprinting anymore. We'll see.

Diane - Hope you had an awesome Birthday!!

No time for personals, I'll be back later.

Attachments

• good boxing.jpg
    good boxing.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 11
Debbie - still impressive in the picture!! Way to go!

I did a Sydney Cummings 40 min strength and conditioning this morning. It was actually only 25 and then an ab burnout but I still loved it. I just like how she sets up her routines - total body mostly or cardio and weights.

Today I did Cathe Live Upper Body Challenge with the Ball, minus the Ball, i used a bench. I had a fantastic workout, but i my legs are very sore from yesterday's workout :) I did the same weights as last week except i went a little heavier with biceps since Debbie posted the picture of her bicep this morning and that inspired me to go heavier :) Workout was 1 hour and 10 minutes and i burned 485 calories. Last time i burned more calories but i am dragging today, it is hot and i am sluggish. Average heart rate was 119 and max was 161.

My sons first football game is Friday night, which i will be watching, they are playing Purdue. He wont be playing again because he needs to still gain 20 pounds, but that is OK because he is now a red shirt Freshman, going into his 2nd out of 5 years of college. He is also only 18 years old so he should be able to put the weight on this year since he is getting older. Most the guys in his grade are at least 20 years old. I am going to go to Reno at the end of September to see the Nevada Hawaii game, it should be awesome.

Debbie, great workout today. I notice with my biceps that i have really lost the peak part of the muscle over the years, i thing i need to do more crazy eights and 21's. I like to pull out Power Hour and do the Bicep portion of the workout, it is a killer!!!!

Belinda, i would buy that dvd set except for the fact it is $400! Have you done that workout set before? I wonder if the Les Mills on demand version is good? Nice job with the slow and heavy legs, you should be feeling that workout tomorrow :)

Doreen, nice workout this morning!

Roselyn, way to go on the Cathe Cardio workout yesterday.

Diane Sue, i hope you have a great workout today and your pain is going away. Mine is really under control at this point but it took two months!

BBL to read other posts.

Have a nice day.

Today I had my echo and will have to wait on results. I came home and did my PT and then went to lunch with my daughter. She wanted to take me to lunch for my birthday since today is her day off. We went to Hobby Lobby after lunch and I picked up some new decent colored pencils. I am not a fan of working with cheap colored pencils. The results are not the same. Anyway, just trying to do some relaxing things to help the tightness. Tomorrow I have PT at 10 so I should be able to do some cardio before I go. I realized the one new move that they gave me was 3 sets of 10 reps for my right arm and shoulder. For some reason I thought it was 3 reps LOL. So, today I did it right. The PT seems to think that slight bend in my arm is not all arthritis, but the that tight muscle all the way down that is pulling it like that. So, she added a new move. This one I don't have to hold for a timed period. Really, my motivation has been a bit down for workouts. I got my new Kelly's today and will preview to see if there is anything I can do right now. There is a kickboxing workout on one of them. I don't think boxing is necessarily a good thing right now. I am trying to note what pulls out the pain and what doesn't.

Debbie, nice biceps shot :) I usually just use workout for the settings for those interval workouts. There is bootcamp and circuits, but either of those do not seem to register right. I love that R&R with the boxing. It is a favorite.

Belinda, Slow and Heavy Legs always seemed like such a long workout to me. I have not done it in ages. My goodness, they want a lot for Les Mills Pump, but then I know it is hard to even get hold of now.

Roselyn, nice work.

Doreen, nice work with Sydney Cummings.

Jolie, I bet you are looking forward to watching your son's games. It will be fun for you to go watch the game. I have been through Les Mills Pump many times. It is a lot of fun. I signed up for Les Mills Pump when they had a month free trial. I liked it. There is more variety there than you would think. There is the combat type workouts, the pump workouts, spin workouts, just plyo type workouts, yoga, and some others. I did not like the barre type workouts as they were totally not what I expected and they were doing ballet type dancing. I have two left feet and even though it was broken up I had a hard time following. I have had the pump workouts since the beginning.

Good Evening,

Friday I did Morning Meltdown Cardio Meltdown and holy burpees, Saturday was Upbeat Strength and tonight Core Inferno. She changed all the exercises in this phase and made them tougher.

Debbie-I don’t think you would like these workouts because there are a lot of burpees and the weight moves move quickly.

Good morning,

I went for a 3 mile walk this morning. Love walking in cooler weather. I will do a ab workout later.

Jolie - that was the first picture that came up. I wouldn't buy it for that price either, lol. All the Pump workouts are out of print. I think I bought a back up set? I will look for it today.

Roxie - these workouts reminds me of 80DO a little. Glad you enjoy them.

Roselyn - great job on Bulk chest. Did you sell your house?

I will be back later.

Today I did Cathe Live Glassboro Road Trip 2018 workout from 7/28/18 #208. I really love this workout, I can go heavy and I pause it between sets because Cathe flies through this workout. I don't mind though, because it's 45 minutes so I have an extra 15 to take the time and rest.

Each giant set is done 3 times with 8 reps each.

Giant Set 1
Pushups:
10/10/10 reps on step
Chest Flies: 25's
Close Grip Chest Press: 20's

Giant Set 2
Pullovers:
35# - 6 reps at 4/4 count
One Arm Row: 30#
One Arm Rear Fly: 15#

Giant Set 3
Upright Row:
15's
Shoulder Press: 15's
Lateral Raise: 12's

Giant Set 4
Standing Overhead Extensions:
25#
Kickbacks: 12's/12's/10's
Dips: 24 reps

Giant Set 5
Dumbbell Curls:
15's/15's/15's
Hammer w/Twist: 15's
W Curls: 12's

Abs
I did the abs from workout #136 - the ball workout. I like that one. I hate monster walks so I skipped the abs with the Glassboro workout.

Workout was 59 minutes, burned 501 calories - first time ever to break 500!!!! and HR was 152/197. Did 1681 steps (not sure how but cool!)

At work so I can't do personals. I'm be back later!!

I did RAW Kettlebell this morning well - at least the first 30 minutes of it. Its good until she starts taking a lot of breaks. She takes a lot of breaks on RAW - too many for me. But I like her kettlebell workouts on RAW. Then I did about 15 mintues of the Step Drills and boxing - that was a really good workout - I need to finish it.

Its dark enough here now in the mornings that I'm going to need to move back inside to my basement - boo-hoo!

Good work everyone - I need to run my daughter to school now!

Today is my rest day because my legs are still sore from my Yvette workout on Sunday and i was supposed to do another Yvette workout again today, but no way!!! So today i will rest and i will do it tomorrow. I didn't get a good nights sleep either, it is hot at night and i do feel rested at all in the morning.

Debbie, i love that workout you did today. I too, pause in between sets so i can do the reps that i want to do or go slower so i can lift heavy. 25's for Chest Flies is awesome girl! I go so much lighter now, i am afraid to hurt my shoulder. However, i do try to lift heavier for Chest Press.

Belinda, I looked everywhere for the Pump workouts online but they are all gone or they are extremely expensive. Diane Sue has a set, maybe she will start doing them when she is feeling better after PT. Did you see results from that rotation? I could get them on demand, it don't think they are too expensive. I will look into it today. The problem though, is i cant do deadlifts right now because of my back and i cant do lunges either. Wonder what i could do to substitute, i guess i could do leg curls.

Doreen, nice RAW workout today! I hate when trainers talk too much or take too many breaks.

Roxie, great job on the workouts!

Roselyn, how is school and are you getting action on your house? The average time a house is on the market here right now is 120 days unless it is priced to sell.

Have a wonderful day, i am watching the US Open for tennis this week and then football all weekend. I am a sports fanatic!

This morning I did Kelly's new Cardio Sculpt Overload premix low impact and lower body, 29 minutes, heart rate average 140, max 171, 2,217 steps, 188 calories. I then did some spinning while previewing some of these new workouts. One of them has a bonus extra which is glute lifts and ab work using the step and about 6 minutes long. Spinning was 25 minutes, 132 calories, heart rate average 125, max 162, 1,449 steps. Total time was 54 minutes, 320 calories, 3,666 steps. I need to get my shower since I have PT. I am glad that I looked at my calendar as I thought it was 10 am and it is 2:30. Thursday is 10 and my thyroid scan tomorrow is 10 so I guess I just had 10 stuck in my head. Major storms here last night. A lot of areas are without power and some schools are closed. My husband had just rearranged the garage Sunday to fit both of our cars in along with the Harley. I am so glad because the hail was really coming down.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.