Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check-In for August, 2019

Wow August already. Where did the summer go? So bummed that it's almost over and we will be freezing again. :(

Today I did Body Beast: Bulk - Back. Had a really good workout, this was a fast one. I'm having issues with my lower back right now, the muscles are very tight again like it was when I had that coughing thing back in January. Not sure what is going on. I have been foam rolling it and stretching and although it does help, it doesn't make it go away.

This is what I did:

Super Set
Pullovers:
20#/25#/30#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps
Pull Ups: 10/10/10 (used assist bands)

Progressive Set
EZ Bar Reverse Grip row:
25#/35#/45#/45#/35#/25# - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Force Set
One Arm Row:
25#/25#/25#/25#/25# - 5/5/5/5/5 reps

Single Set
Deadlifts:
12's/15's/20's/12's - 15/12/8/8 reps (don't like these much, and not sure why they are called deadlifts)

Super Set
Reverse Flies:
12's/15's - 15 reps/12 reps
Plank Rotation: 5# - 30 seconds

Workout was 32 minutes, burned 259 calories and did 1298 steps. HR was 150/193.

Then I did Cathe Live In the Ring and at first wasn't sure I wanted to do it, but once I started I really got into and I'm glad I did it. Love this workout.

Workout was 42 minutes, burned 341 calories, went 4462 steps and HR was 144/183.

Diane - Great job with your workout yesterday. Me and my cousin had fun, I really like the Meijer store, they have everything like a Wal Mart, just not as big and not much clothing. But they have foods you don't usually see at other stores. We had lunch at Panera Bread too, I like that place.

Belinda - Great job with Brazilian Butt Lift, hope your butt feels lifted today! LOL!

Jolie - I know what you mean about not going to heavy with workouts, I try to do the same. I don't need any injuries and I already have problems with tight muscles. I am trying to not go crazy with this workout. Hope you enjoyed your rest day.

Roxie - What kind of workouts are in the Morning Meltdown workouts? Is it cardio and weights? Have fun with it!

Well, you all have great workouts!! It is a beautiful day here!

Reactions: WD
OMG it is August!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I did my first Yvette workout since I hurt myself and boy did it feel good to do those workouts again, I just love them! I did Moderate Impact Step/Biceps/Shoulders/Triceps, 12 to 15 reps, 45 seconds Cardio, Weights, and 30 seconds of core, wow what a circuit. I did modify a few of the higher impact cardio exercises to low impact and still had the best workout. I just got an 8# medicine ball but I really need a 10#. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 639 calories. Average heart rate was 128 and max was 170.

I am thinking about getting a new heart rate monitor on Amazon, they have tons of them that are really inexpensive. They show blood pressure, sleep, heart rate, steps and so much more for $49. They look exactly like my Fitbit Blaze. My watch needs to be charged all of the time so I think it is time to get a new one soon.

Debbie, my low back is sore from being adjusted yesterday too. I hate it but it is something that I have delt with ever since child birth of my oldest son. Also, my bulging disc is from where I got the epidural shot and they must have damaged nerves as well. I had 2 C-Sections within 11 months of each other and it ruined me!!!! Nice job on the workout today, that is a killer!

Belinda, nice job on the KPC, i haven't done that workout in years!

Diane Sue, i hope you have a great workout today. I am starting to meal prep for the week so i can get some weight off. I need to up my protein consumption so i am making grilled chicken, asparagus, salad, and humus to have with raw veggies. I am also going to make turkey chili, with extra lean meat for dinner tonight. When it is hot i just like to snack and that is when the weight comes back on :( What have you been making lately. I am going to try to cut out some carbs, they are the devil!

Have nice workouts everyone, bbl to read your posts.

Today I did Ice Boot Camp Circuit no upper or abs premix, 29 minutes, 184 calories, met 6.9, heart rate 122 average, 157 max, 1,701 steps. That is all I had time for. I had my arthritis appointment this morning and came back and have been trying to clean the whole house since I have grandchildren tomorrow and my husband and I have work to do at the church and pick the motorcycle up since he is off this weekend. Scheduling things had been tough. The doctor wants me to see a physical therapist for a few weeks and if my shoulder and neck pain do not get better then he will have me come back and do an mri. Today was more blood work. After my physical and the immunizations I am starting to feel like a pin cushion. I have never been to a physical therapist. Can't get in a time to see one till the 16th though as I have grandchildren for the next two weeks till they are all back in school. At least the therapist is right around the corner. Maybe it will stop hurting before then if I am lucky.

Belinda, thanks for getting us started.

Debbie, I was having low back pain till recently. But then I am not doing upper body work and I have not been doing that much lower work either. So, I am probably not aggravating it. It gets frustrating. I love summer. No ugly weather to worry about and not stuck in the house so much. Plus I like seeing the pretty green of the plants and trees. I love going to Panera, but do not get there very often. Great workout today.

Jolie, that is great that you got in a Yvette workout that you love so much. I need time to do some prep cooking. Today I went to Sprouts and picked up a T bone steak for my husband and they had a great price on Salmon at the meat counter so I grilled them this evening since it was overcast and not quite so hot out. I would be interested in how one of those different heart rate monitors would work. I sort of wondered about that as well because I know Polar different watches now and there are others with the bluetooth and special features. My husband has had two of the Samsung Gear watches, but never used any of the features. One had a camera in it. I have been working on increasing my vegetables. I need to cook up some more soups and chicken curries that I can put in the freezer for later as well as have some now. My daughter loves my chicken curry soup that I make from my I love My Instant Pot Keto cookbook. I gave her the recipe and made suggestions for cooking on the stove top and gave her some of the spices for it. I made a hamburger soup that I think is from I love My Instant Pot Paleo cookbook. It has diced dill pickles on top and mustard as well as tomatoes in it. I like it. I did change the lettuce to kale though. I thought iceburg lettuce in soup did not sound good. I am not an iceburg lettuce fan anyway.

Roselyn, nice work on Body Beast Bulk Back. Selling and moving is so much work. Adding going to school is probably really time consuming.

Good Morning,

Morning Meltdown 100 Core Inferno only 97 left to do.

Debbie-it’s a mixture of core,Upper Body,Lower Body,kickbox,Cardio,metabolic, and yoga all done with a DJ in studio Jericho McMatthews does the workouts they are only 25 minutes long designed to be done in the morning so I can’t decide if you would like them.

Good morning,

4 mile outdoor walk is done. I am beat. I also did UB workout w/Sydney early this morning.

I will be back later to catch up on personals.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Step 2, 41 minutes, 288 calories, met 8.0, heart rate 136, max 166, 8 inch step, 3,715 steps. I then did Raw Hips and Glutes finisher, 18 minutes, met 6.0, 82 calories, 555 steps, heart rate 111 average, 146 max. I was going to do the floor work on Cathe's lite bands workout, but when I got to the end of the warm up she was doing push ups so I gave that up and did the extended stretch and some foam rolling, this was 22 minutes, heart rate average 93, max 129, 313 steps, met 3.0, 53 calories. Total time was 81 minutes, 423 calories, 4,583 steps.

Roxie, I like Jericho. I enjoyed her work in one of Tracey Staehle's kickboxing workouts, also in an ab workout I have and Les Mills pump step cardio.

Today has to be a rest day. I am so beat from my workout yesterday, sore and tired so I am taking the day off :) I got in 4 really good workouts this week so I am not going to push it. I have an eye appointment today, so I have to go and do that because my eyes are so bad!

Roxie, where can I find those workouts you are doing? They sound like fun.

Diane Sue, I made chicken stuffed with asparagus and parm cheese with a scampi garlic white wine sauce served with just a little rice. It was amazing!!!!! Great job on the workout today. I am going to do some Keto recipes that I found on Instagram, they look amazing.

Belinda, nice job on the walk and Upper Body workout today. I wanted to walk today but I am just too tired from yesterday's workout. I love getting outside and getting some fresh air and sunshine. It is my happy place.

Debbie, i hope you have a great workout today!

BBL to read other posts for the day.

Happy Friday, it is beautiful at the beach today. :)

Today has to be a rest day. I am so beat from my workout yesterday, sore and tired so I am taking the day off :) I got in 4 really good workouts this week so I am not going to push it. I have an eye appointment today, so I have to go and do that because my eyes are so bad!

Roxie, where can I find those workouts you are doing? They sound like fun.

Diane Sue, I made chicken stuffed with asparagus and parm cheese with a scampi garlic white wine sauce served with just a little rice. It was amazing!!!!! Great job on the workout today. I am going to do some Keto recipes that I found on Instagram, they look amazing.

Belinda, nice job on the walk and Upper Body workout today. I wanted to walk today but I am just too tired from yesterday's workout. I love getting outside and getting some fresh air and sunshine. It is my happy place.

Debbie, i hope you have a great workout today!

BBL to read other posts for the day.

Happy Friday, it is beautiful at the beach today. :)

Jolie they won’t be available to everyone until October unless you purchase a challenge pack from Beachbody or do something stupid like I did an become a coach

Sorry I didn't post this morning, I was crunched for time.

Today I did Body Beast: Bulk - Shoulders. Had a really good workout, I like this one, it hits the shoulders really well.

This is what I did:

Super Set
Lateral Raise:
5's/7.5's/10's - 15/12/8 reps
Arnold Press: 8's/10's/12's/8's - 15/12/8/8/reps

Progressive Set
Upright Row:
20#/30#/35#/35#/25#/20# - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Super Set
Alternate Front Raise:
5's/8's/10's - 15/12/8 reps
Plate Twist Twist: 10#/11#/11# - 10 reps each set

Progressive Set
Reverse Fly:
10's/12's/15's/15's/12's/10's - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Super Set
Superman Stretch:
2 sets/10 reps (I did regular crunches so I did 20 reps)
Plank Twist Twist: 2 sets/30 seconds (I did elbow planks)

Workout was 37 minutes, burned 311 calories and did 1213 steps. HR was 151/189.

I also did Max 7 Minute Interval Plus w/Breann and it was a fun workout. I didn't want to do it at all but made myself get on it and do it. Great workout, short and sweet.

Workout was 11 minutes, burned 71 calories, went .25 miles and did 646 steps. HR was 125/144.

Also got on my treadmill for 20 minutes, burned 112 calories, went 1 mile and did 2397 steps. HR was 105/123.

Great workouts everyone and Jolie, hope your eye appointment went well. I have terrible eyes as well, it's ridiculous. I hope you all have a great weekend!

Good morning,

21 Day Fix Barre Legs is done. Switching it up a bit.

Julie - I was beat after my walk. Wanted to add lower body, just couldn't do it. Looking forward to cooler weather. It's also my happy place. Glad you listen to your body and took a rest day yesterday.

Debbie - very impressive weights, girl! WTG!

Roxie - you are a BB coach? Very cool! Great job! Which program are you doing?

Roselyn - great job on Bulk.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me today. I have to go grocery shopping.

Good morning,

21 Day Fix Barre Legs is done. Switching it up a bit.

Julie - I was beat after my walk. Wanted to add lower body, just couldn't do it. Looking forward to cooler weather. It's also my happy place. Glad you listen to your body and took a rest day yesterday.

Debbie - very impressive weights, girl! WTG!

Roxie - you are a BB coach? Very cool! Great job! Which program are you doing?

Roselyn - great job on Bulk.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me today. I have to go grocery shopping.

Belinda-I am doing a new program that will be released in October called Morning Meltdown 100. Its 100 days of workouts and incorporates 21 Day Fix meal plan

Oh Shit is all I can say for my workout today!!!!! I started out with Cathe Live Glassboro Road Trip Upper Body and ABS and felt like trying her new 2019 Road Trip Leg Day workout number 258 and ended up doing the whole thing!!!! I was only going to do a little of it just to preview what it was like and I loved it so much I did it all! Let me tell you, I will not be walking very good tomorrow :) It focuses on legs and Glutes and you use the loops at the end of each Giant Set and you are dying at the end. This workout is 4 rounds of 4 exercises each, repeated 2 times. They are basic no nonsense leg exercises, which I like, and boy do they get you good. I had to modify the front lunges with Leg Ext. but that worked out fine. I burned 403 calories with the upper body workout and 358 with the leg workout. Total calories burned was 758! I am going to visit my parents tomorrow for a BBQ so I wont be able to workout so I did a big one today. I love working out on Sundays, it is my favorite day of the week. Average heart rate was 123 and max was 169.

Roxie, those workouts sound like fun!!!! I want your feed back, maybe I could do those when they come out if you think they are good workouts. Is it Autumn as the instructor, I don't really like her :( But, I would be willing to suck it up if they are good.

Debbie, Nice shoulder workout today. Boy you are getting in some nice long workouts this summer. I bet you are not anxious to go back to work. When I was working at an office, my mornings were so rushed and so were my workouts. I hated that but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Belinda, nice Barre workout today, those are real butt burners :) What do you think of the workouts that Roxie is doing, they sound interesting. 100 workouts, a different one each day, that probably wouldnt get boring.

Diane Sue, I hope you have a great workout today and i know you are busy with family.

Roselyn, how much school do you have left, it is really flying by. Nice BB workouts you have been doing lately.

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Good Afternoon,

I did Total Body Bad Ass today its a goody an uses some very different exercises like Brave Hearts an Lightning Bolts.

Jolie-I like them an the instructor is Jericho McMatthews her cuing sometimes isn’t very good but she is uplifting. I think you would really like them. The other workout I need to do to catch up is called LIT an its high
Intervals but her modifiers are really good she has two one shows a beginner modify an the other one an intermediate.

No workout this weekend. I had my grandchildren overnight Friday night and Yesterday we worked at our church school for nine hours. I painted molding and around the insides of the windows along with other things. Some classroom repairs. Shoulder, neck, arm and virtually everything was pretty sore last night and this morning. So I needed a day to recoup. I have grandchildren all week this week. I will be busy, so hopefully at least some short workouts.

Jolie, I use a lot of Keto recipes, but alter them a bit to suit my needs. Like not so much dairy in them. I made a chicken curry soup today using coconut milk in it instead of cream. My granddaughter loves it so I thought it would be good for some lunches this week since her brother will probably want peanut butter on white bread ( I used oatmeal) uncut no jelly LOL wow, on doing two Live workouts. I do that sometimes, planning on part of a workout and I am liking it so much I just keep going. Great calorie burn as well

Debbie, nice work on Friday with Body Beast , max trainer, and treadmill. I think it is much easier to push hard when the workout is short and intense. Something about just knowing it won't be long.

Roxie, how do Beach Body coaches make money since they are not selling dvds. Beach Body Products? The only positive I could ever see was that you got discounts. Don't you have to pay something up front. I read some about paying taxes on your business. I think Roselyn did became a Beach Body coach at one time. The workouts sound good.

Belinda, I never purchased the original 21 Day Fix workouts. I just have the Extreme set. Nice work.

Diane Sue-I am not using it to make money just for the discount an early access to these workouts. Yes there was a payout up front to purchase the challenge pack
Which is like buying a dvd workout set an its 13.95 a month which I will cancel when these workouts become mainstream.

Today I did Body Beast: Bulk - Chest. Great workout. Went higher in all exercises but mostly with just the first weight I used last week. That made a difference with fatiguing the muscles quicker. Worked well!

This is what I did:

Super Set
Incline Chest Flies:
17.5's/22.5's/25's - 15/12/8 reps
Incline Press: 20's/22's/27's/20's - 15/12/8/8 reps

Force Set
Chest Press w/Rotation:
17.5's/17.5's/17.5's/17.5's/17.5's - 5/5/5/5/5 reps

Progressive Set
Incline Press:
17's/20's/25's/25's/20's/17's - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Combo Set
Close Grip Press to Fly:
12's/15's/20's - 15/12/8 reps

Multi Set
Decline Pushups:
15/12/8
Cobra to Airplane: 10 reps (did Russian Twist w/8#)
Russian Twist: 8# 30 seconds

Workout was 35 minutes, burned 314 calories and did 614 steps. HR was 156/191.

Then I did Max Mix Cardio 10 HD w/Tahneetra and that was 14 minutes, I burned 96 calories, went .36 miles and did 909 steps. HR was 135/170.

Not getting huge calorie burns with the Max Trainer but the burn continues all day doing these workouts. I am getting stronger on that thing finally and the workouts seem to be getting a bit easier. I love the shorter workouts. This one had 5 second and 10 second sprints alternating at a resistance of 3. My legs were burning.

Be back later...

Today I did SBF Total Body barre workout. Haven't done her workouts in weeks, it kicked my butt.
Susanne posted on FB she is filming new workouts. Looking forward to new workouts. Hope she is posting them soon.

Jolie - barre workouts are butt burner. I can lift heavy weights and my butt doesn't hurt that bad. Maybe it's the high reps? These workouts get me every time. I do like the sound of the workouts Roxie are doing. I need more info on those. Haven't kept up with new stuff lately. I been thinking canceling my Cathe preorder? If I do maybe I sign up for the 100 workouts. Now I need to check it out. Great job with your workouts.

Roxie - thanks on the info on the new workouts. Keep us posted on the BB workouts. They sound interesting. Not sure if I will get them/or sign up again. I will wait for reviews.

Diane - I like the original 21 Day Fix better than the second one. Great job on Saturday.

Have a great day and workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.