Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check-In for August, 2019

I was supposed to do a big workout today but i just don't have it in me :( My son's football game was on till late last night, Nevada vs. Purdue, which turned out to be one of the best comeback games i have ever seen! Nevada was down 31 to 17 in the 4th Quarter and came back to win it!!!! I was going crazy watching and then couldn't settle down to go to sleep. I kept seeing my son on tv and i cant believe the great shape he is in. Wow, he has put on some serious size and muscle. I went to bed 4 hours later than i usually do so i am so tired today. I already got up and had a slice of pizza for breakfast, I know that is horrific, but i am on to watching the next game, Illinois vs Akron. My sons great friend is the QB for Illinois so i have to watch. Then, i have to watch the US Open for tennis, boy do i have a fun filled day of sports!

I hope you all have some great workouts today, i hopefully will tomorrow :)

Reactions: WD
Hi everyone,

Jolie - sounds like you need that rest day. I may take one too. I am tired.

Diane - I was going to do a month rotation with Ripped with Hiit/STS.The rotation is only 4 weeks, not 3 month.STS is probably my most used Cathe dvd's. I just love STS! I like the looks of the STS/RWH rotation is only 4 week. Each week you do a different STS phase than move on. Not sure, if I stick with the same cardio RWH HiiT for 4 weeks. I also like the looks of Cathe's September rotations.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in today.

Today I just about killed myself with Yvette's Hiit/ Heavy Weights and Stability ball workout. This is a long one, and even longer for me since i had to pause and catch my breath so many times. Workout was 1 hour 20 minutes and i burned 826 calories. I swear the AB work at the end was killer!!! I did modify the Burpees and Planks with leg exercises so my legs got a great workout today! 45 seconds of cardio alternating with heavy weight work. My average heart rate was 135 and max was 175. I think for Sept. i am going to do Yvette workouts alternating with Cathe Live workouts. I am going to try to do a bit more cardio this month because i have to loose some serious pounds i gained over the summer :( I look forward to the challenge.

I hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day weekend. I am laying low and doing nothing :) I usually host a BBQ with my family but my husband is sick so we are passing this year. I am kind of happy, it i a lot of work to do by yourself all of the time.

No workout yesterday or today other than over an hour of PT exercises. I swear the PT really set off some pain my last visit. I spent three days icing and with the heating pad doing pretty much nothing more than I had to do. My husband took us to dinner last night so I wouldn't have to cook and then to lunch after church. He took me to lunch yesterday as well. I feel somewhat better today. I spent three nights up pacing and trying to find relief so hoping tonight is good. If it I experience much more of this I am going to try to work in the Arthritis doctor earlier than the 12th. I had two of the smaller grandchildren yesterday evening after we went to lunch and my husband fixed a couple of things at our church's school. I was not much help there other than hand off some nails and screws. We are going back tomorrow with spackle and maybe fix another item. I have my 8 year old grandson for 2 weeks starting tomorrow. His parents are on their cruise and should be around Ireland today I think.
I have been watching physical therapy videos while doing my exercises. Learning a lot about unsafe exercise moves. Interesting that instructors do a lot of those moves routinely. Anyway, I may be doing modifying on some things for my back and shoulders for sure.

Roxie, nice work on Meltdown Strength.

Jolie, I bet you were pumped through the whole game. I can understand you not being able to sleep after that. I hope you got some rest and enjoying the games :) Great workout. I sometimes enjoy the freedom of not being the one doing all of the work for those special days. It really is a lot of work planning and shopping and having it all together.

Belinda, that four week rotation would probably be a good one. As far as cardio it would depend on which ones. I wouldn't want to do too much of the plyo over those four weeks. I guess modifying would work. I haven't looked at her September rotation. Right now I am just trying to keep a bit of strength and cardio as I can. Not too much.

Good morning,

I decided to do Cathe September rotation. I like the mix of workouts. Today I did Strong & Sweaty BootCamp. Haven't done that one in a long time.

Have a great day and workout everyone.

Today I did a really fun Cathe Live workout, it's called Kick, Box & Bags #232. Not too much high intensity which is what I didn't really want to do today, so it was the perfect workout. A lot of fun, I'm glad I tried it. My stupid Fitbit went off and I didn't notice until I was 10 minutes into the workout. WTH?? I don't know why it does that some days. I had to restart it so my stats aren't 100% correct. Oh well. I highly recommend this workout.

Workout was 52 minutes, I burned 394 calories and did 4756 steps. HR was 139/169.

Hope you all have a great Labor Day!! So glad to have an extra day off!!

Debbie, i will try that workout this week!

Rest day today, i got up late, took my dog for a long walk and now have to run errands. Also, i am so tired from yesterday's workout :) If i don't get my workout in first thing in the morning, it gets too hot and i get so light headed. Today will be one of my two rest days for the week.

Happy Labor Day! Dick's Sporting Goods is having a great sale today, i thought i would swing by and see if i can get some 17 pound Dumbbells. I would love to have that weight for pullovers and bicep curls.

Good morning,

Today I did Lean Legs & abs is done.

Jolie - did you find 17 pound DB's?

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.