Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check in for August 2017

WD

Cathlete
I am getting us started. Hoping to do some cardio. I have such bad shoulder and neck pain this morning. It seems to be getting worse even though I am not doing upper work. I took Excedrin this morning. Phone problems go on as well. The replacement came and after setting up has the same issue the other had. But, the other is fine without the sim card and sd card. Now I have to deal with this.

Jolie, I like the Fit Tower workouts. I like them best as add ons though. I think that one would get the most out of the mixes. Total Body is the most strength based and uses weights. I guess I would say I like them and am not sorry I have them, but I am not super excited about them.

Edited to say if you like barre work and floor work the lower body core one is nice too. I would still purchase them. I think the lower mix I did is the favorite that I think will build strength. The others would be more toning. I am not dogging the workouts, just answering honestly on what I think. They are a fun change. For lower only you really don't need the bench to be under the Fit tower. Even a high step would work. You just need the Fit Tower for the one legged squat move to hang on to and could possibly do that holding onto something else. Upper is good with the different pull up variations and does use the tower and clips for the bench press.

I cannot believe it is August already. I start back with my early morning workouts tomorrow. :( Not looking forward to that. Today I did Press Play and did all of it. I had a great workout. OMG is that one tough. Was sweating up a storm and went more miles than I usually do.

Workout was 1 hr. 5 min. and I went 4.27 miles, burned 468 calories (TM said 632) and went 8918 steps. I'm already at 10K!!! Avg. HR was 124 and Max was 165.

I also did the ab work from SJ&P.

Diane Sue - I'm so sorry to hear about your neck and shoulder. Do you know what caused it? Man, I hate that pain, I know exactly what you are feeling and it sucks out loud. Have you tried icing it? Maybe try to get a tennis ball in there and loosen up the knot (I'm assuming you have a knot that is causing all of this?) I will say a prayer that it goes away soon, that is not good. Also, sorry about your phone. Maybe it's time to go to another carrier and phone. Verizon has always been excellent for us. Wal Mart has some good plans (Straight Talk) and deals and their prices are good when buying phones. Maybe look into it? It isn't worth this kind of stress.

Jolie - Nice workout yesterday!! When do your boys go back to school? One is going to college, right? I can't believe it is time for kids to start thinking about school again. Yikes, where is the time going?

My workout is done. I did Step Moves, 45 minutes, 291 calories, heart rate 141 average/ 176 max, 4,017 steps followed by TO the Max, solid step, step tabata, slide and glide tabata, and stretch, 27 minutes, 179 calories, heart rate 120/163 max, 1,414 steps. I really thought the heart rate for this one and the steps was odd in that it seems more intense than step moves. I guess step move has a lot more travelling instead of step jumps etc.. Total workout was 72 minutes, 470 calories. Steps so far 6,105. I also used My yoga tune up therapy balls and the Neck portion of the upper body yoga tune up dvd. I did this before my workout. It helped a lot for those few minutes I used it.

Debbie, nice workout today. 10 K already !! I get this pain every so often. Sometimes it is lat work and shoulder work that precipitates it and sometimes ab work, particularly if I am holding my head off of the floor a lot. I am not sure what caused it this time. I have the nerve pain in my left side of my neck and shoulder from that biopsy. Then there is some degeneration in the neck that they saw during all of that testing I went through, so pushing my luck sometimes probably does not help. It throbs and feels like something is pinched ? I was all over the place trying to get comfortable last night. The Yoga Tune I putUp balls are awesome. I am so glad I purchased them. I have used tennis balls and my dogs ball , along with some small hand squeezing ones ,, and wish I had purchased them when I had knee surgery and used the Yoga Tune Up knee hab post surgery. They come in a two pack and I swear the yoga tune up dvds have done wonders. I purchased the balls after that biopsy. I wish I could switch phones and providers. We still have a year on our AT&T contract. I am still paying for the phones, and I don't think it is the phone after all of this. The apps are working fine on the old one now so I know it isn't Google play or something like that. That was one of my thoughts as the apps need to be up to date when the updates are done on the phone. This app is the launcher for the phone. SO frustrating.

Today I did Chest and Biceps. I did them in a Giant Set format, doing 3 rounds with not rest between exercises. This kicked my butt! My chest and biceps are so fried I love it! Workout was 50 minutes and I burned 325 calories. Average heart rate was 108 and max was 150.

Giant Set # 1

Chest Press DB-
25# x 12, x 12, x 12

Chest Flies-
20# x 12, x 12, x 12

Incline Chest Press DB-
25# x 12, x , x

Incline Flies-
20# x 12, x 12, x 12

Giant Set # 2

Standing Bicep Curls DB-
15# x 12, x 12, x 12

Hammer Curls-
15# x 12, x 12, x 12

Preacher Curls DB-
12# x 12, x 12, x 12

Incline Hammer Curls-
12# x 12, x 12, x 12

Conc. Curls-
15# x 12, x 12, x 12

Debbie, nice Press Play workout and congrats on you getting your steps in so early today! It is so hot and humid here today I decided not to do cardio, I tend to get blisters when my feet get that wet while walking on the treadmill. My oldest son is actually going to be a senior and my youngest son is a sophomore. Time is flying by so quickly... So sad!

Diane Sue, Nice job on the Step Moves and To the Max workouts today! Sorry about the pain in the shoulder area. Sometimes I just need to take an Aleve to get the muscles to release. Mine gets like that because I sleep on my side and it is hard on my shoulder. Try having someone rub it out, maybe it just needs some blood into the muscle.

Roselyn, I hope you have a good workout today.

Jolie, nice workout today. Time does fly with our children. Wait till you have grandchildren. It seems like I was just doing daycare for them and they are 17-21 next month. I still have the 3 younger ones. I try to enjoy as much of my family as I can.
I try to take as little pain reliever as I can. Aleve has never worked for me. I use Advil sometimes to help me get some sleep. If I take too much I experience hearing loss. Rolling it out this morning and stretching helped, but it burns and throbs this evening. I used some Tiger Balm this afternoon. I really am wondering why it is hanging on so long. I try to sleep on my back and it helps, but often wake up on my side. That makes my neck fall at a weird angle and hurt.

Today I did the Biceps and Triceps workout from Ramped Up. Had a great workout. This was a pretty good workout, I liked all the exercises.

Triceps

Close Grip Bench Press:
20's - 8 reps
Close Grip Bench Press: 20's - 12 reps
Dips: 32 reps/16 reps
Lying Extensions: 12's - 3 sets/different patterns
Standing Overhead Extension: 12's - 10 reps
Band Kickbacks: Green Band

Biceps

Hammer Curls:
20's - 12 reps
Sweeping Curls: 15's - 12 reps
Then I repeated HC and SC using 15s for both sets
Isolation Curls: 12's - 4 reps of very slow pattern
Standing Bicep Curls: 15's - 12 reps
Band Crazy Eights: Tubing doing this two times through

Workout was 30 minutes, Avg. HR 77, Max 127, burned 78 calories.

I also had time to walk on my treadmill at a 4% incline for 1.25 miles and burned an extra 168 calories.

DIane Sue - I sure hope that pain goes away soon. Nice workout, not sure how you are doing anything with that pain. :(

Jolie
- For some reason I thought one of your boys graduated and is going to college. Nice workout yesterday!

Roselyn - Hope you are doing well. What rotation are yous doing right now?

Today I did not feel like working out, I had a poor nights sleep due to the high temps. But, I dragged myself into the gym room and had a kick butt workout! Don't you all love when that happens! I walked for 1 hour on the treadmill, 6.5% incline, 3.2 speed, traveled 3.25 miles and burned 533 calories. Then I got on the elliptical for 15 minutes, (haven't done this in awhile and boy was it tuff) on interval mode, traveled 1.89 miles and burned 200 calories. Total workout was 5 miles and I burned 733 calories. I also got up really early and took my dog on a 1.5 mile walk as well. My average heart rate was 132 and my max was 163. So far today I have 14,369 steps and now I feel great!

Debbie, arm workout today and I am glad you had enough time to get on the treadmill. I always walk on an incline because it hurts my foot less and I burn so many more calories. My oldest son is looking to get picked up by a college going into his senior year. He is only 16 years old.

Diane Sue, I hope your shoulder area is feeling better today. Maybe take a big dose of Magnesium and Potassium, that usually works for me. Or are you low on Electrolytes and you are cramping and getting spasms?

I hope you all have a great day, cloudy, hot and humid here, YUCK!

Today I just wanted cardio without any weights to get the heart rate up. I find if I keep moving my joints do not get stiff and it actually helps more than if I did nothing. I did Low Max, 70 minutes, 463 calories, heart rate 143/174 max, 6,082 steps. This was fun since I have not done it in a very long time. I love the music so much more in older workouts. I find getting a low impact workout without having to use weights, mountain climbers and other stressful moves is hard to find in newer workouts. I also tend to get more steps in the workouts without the use of all of those other moves and weights. I then did Kelly Coffey Body Design just the yoga segment 13 minutes, 99/125 max heart rate, 55 steps, and YouTube Sarah Beth Yoga upper back tension relief and shoulder and neck tension relief, 11 minutes, 15 calories. I have always liked these two workouts and found them helpful and short. She has some new ones I need to check out, but they required more time. Total time was 94 minutes, 507 calories. Funny, Fit Bit had my calories higher than Map My Fitness today. I don't bother with map my fitness for yoga. It gives me double to triple the calories I get from Fit Bit. I have to hit the post office with that phone and go to the grocery store. A bit more sleep. last night. I used my therapy balls before bed and and took two Advil. I did not use the curcumin capsules last night. I think they are making my mouth dry for some reason. I am not sure though.

Jolie, great workout for not feeling up to it. I love it when that happens. It is humid here today as it just rained. It was nice to have the rain though.

Debbie, work on Ramped Up today and repeating the hammer curls and sweeping curls. If I didn't do some activity I know the pain would just get worse. I was thinking today I might like to try the Fitness Blender mass building workouts. I have to get over this pain first though. I purchased a couple of their online programs that were put together. I think those would be nice as there are 3 so I could split them up with cardio days. Anyway it is a thought. They don't have any music or anything though.

Today I did all of Cardio Coach 6 with Candace and had a really great workout. This one is fun, I don't like all the hill climbs at the end, but it's not too bad. I just ordered some toe gel caps because my two toes irritate each other. It hurts when I run and when I wear my Corky shoes. Weird.

Workout was 54 minutes, ran 3.52 miles, burned 344 calories (TM said 501) and went 7287 steps. Avg. HR was 110 and Max was 157. Pretty low ranges for this workout.

Jolie - Yes, I love when that happens. Always makes you feel so accomplished knowing you did so well with a workout even when you didn't want to do one. Nice job!!

Diane Sue - I'm glad you are able to workout with that pain. I know what you mean, sometimes sitting around makes it worse. Hope its getting better.

Have great workouts today everyone!!

Debbie, i understand on the feet. I have the worst toes. I made it through the winter this year without using toe spacers when i purchaded a pair of 1/2 size too large Cross Fit Nano 5.0 shoes because i wanted blue ones and that was the only size i could get at Dicks. Anywat they had so much toe room, i did not have to use the spacers. My big toe turns into the other toe. I love sandals for the toe freedom. I also have one toe that sometimes rubs the other and the nail cuts in. I am sorry now that I purchased the second pair of CrossFit same style but my normal size in black a few months ago and they are so much tighter. I dhould have sent them back.

I went to Sprouts and picked up some Rainbow Light magnesium calcium + tablets. I am hoping they help. These are food based tablets to help muscle and tension. They have 1000 mg of magnesium, along with C, calcium, D,B6 + herbs muscle support and digestive support. Hopefully this helps. The pain is improving though.

Today I am really tired, especially from my workout yesterday and poor sleep again. It is suppose to be 100 degrees with extremely high humidity, good God! I did a really short workout, Shoulders only. I put together a Giant Set with no rest between exercises and I did 3 rounds. Workout was 24 minutes and I burned 169 calories. I really like this type of workout, it goes buy fast and you really feel it.

Seated Overhear DB's Press- 15# x 12, x 12, x 12

Upright Rows DB's- 15# x 12, x 12, x 12

1 Arm Lateral Raise- 12# x 12, x 12, x 12 ( these were hard)

Incline DB Front raise with an arc at the top- 8# x 12, x 12, x 12

Rear Flies- 10# x 12, x 12, x 12

Debbie, great run today. I bet those hill climbs really get the heart rate up! I use gel toe spacers on some toes and that really helps with rubbing and of coarse, keep my toes straight.

Diane Sue, I hope the supplements that you purchased help with the pain. I will check back in later to see what you did for your workout today!

Have a nice day.

I ended up doing Ripped with Hiit Plyo Hiit #1, 28 minutes, 187 calories, 136 average/179 max heart rate. Oddly it says 520 steps of 4,180 steps taken. Surely I got more than 520 steps from that workout.

Jolie, it looks like a good workout that you have put together. I fully understand lack of sleep. I did not sleep well and woke up way before I had planned on. I kept laying there willing myself to go back to sleep. It did not happen.

Oh my gosh, I have been so busy but I am back

Finishing my last day tomorrow of STS Meso 1, going on vacay so i will take a break from STS and start next Friday probably, (I hope I am back by then) so I will have to do some power walking and some cathe live

Roselyn, congratualations on finishing meso 1. Enjoy your vacation and break!

Today I did Shoulders from Ramped Up Upper Body and Giant Sets. I really really hate the music in this series. Drives me absolutely crazy when I forget to turn it off. I love the workouts, though.

Shoulders
From Ramped Up:
Overhead Press:
15's - 12 reps
Front Raise: 15# - 12 reps
Lateral Raise: 5's - 8 singles/4 partials/8 singles
Overhead Press: 15's - 12 reps
Front Raise: 15# - 12 reps
Lateral Raise: 5's - 8 singles/3 partials/4 singles
Lateral Band Circles: 32 reps each front and back
Rear Band Delt Kickbacks: 32 reps

From Giant Sets:
Overhead Press:
15's - 16 reps
Upright Rows: 25# BB - 16 reps
Rear Delt Flyes: 12's - 16 reps
Incline Front Raise/Archs: 8's - 6 reps each (burner!!)
One Arm Lateral Raise: 5's - 2/2 ct., 2 singles - 2x's both arms

I also did the Bonus Abs from S&S and I walked on my treadmill for almost 1 mile.

Workout was 54 minutes, Avg. HR was 97, Max was 146, burned 232 calories. Not bad. Steps were 3233.

Nice workouts everyone, I don't have time for personals. Hope you all have a great weekend and Roselyn, have a great vacation!!!

Today I just didn't feel like working out, it was supposed to be my rest day, but I hate not doing anything, so I walked on the treadmill. I think my blood sugar was low or something, I felt like I was going to fall off while walking. I really was lite headed. I got a protein bar and ate it while walking and I felt better. I walked 1 hour, 3.2 miles, a slower pace than usual 3.2 to 3.3, 6.0 incline and I burned 559 calories. This calorie burn was higher than usual maybe because I had a lot of caffeine this morning. ( probably why I didn't feel well)!

Debbie, good job on the Shoulder workout today. I hate the music in those workouts as well. I mute the tv now and play music while working out. I write the workouts down in advance so I know what is coming. Try it, you will like it!

Diane Sue, nice workout yesterday. I hope the supplements are working for your pain. Also, I hope you finally have a phone that works too, how frustrating.

Roselyn, I hope you have a great vacation!

Hot again today. My husband and I are going to Big Bear on Sunday to see my parents. I cant wait to go somewhere where the weather is cool!

Have a nice day.

I finished Low Impact Circuit doing the lower cardio premix and had to modify the overhead moves for the weight lower segments. I only used 8 and 10 #, 56 minutes, 358 calories, heart rate 142 avg./ 176 max, 4806 calories. I then did Fit Tower Legs, glutes, and core timesaver legs and core express, 33 minutes (28 actual) 81 calories, 361 steps. Total time today was 89 minutes, 439 calories. Total steps so far today 5,696.

Debbie, nice way to put together Strong and Sweaty workouts for shoulders.

Jolie, I hardly use caffeine anymore. I used to drink a lot and use pre-workout energizers. I just can't sleep and feel like my heart is raising even though I am exhausted. I get a bit when I drink Kombucha tea. I use decaf coffee. That is good the protein bar helped. You still got in a good workout.

Today I did BACK only. I put together a Giant Set with 5 exercises, repeating the Giant Set 3 times with no rest between exercises. Workout was 24 minutes and I burned 156 calories. Average heart rate was 114 and max was 160.

Giant Set, 3 rounds

Barbell Rows-
45# x 12, x 12, x 12

Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs-
50# x 12, x 12, x 12

1 Arm Rows-
25# x 12, x 12, x 12

DB Pull Overs-
24# x 12, x 12, x 12

1 Arm Horz. Rows-
20# x 12, x 12, x 12

My low back is sore now so I think the BB rows did it. I might want to lift less weight for a while till It feels better.

No workout for me tomorrow, I am going to visit my parents.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend.

Today I did Step Jump and pump mix step and pump, 47 minutes, 296 calories, heart rate 131 avg./163 max, 4,173 steps. I also did the abs and planks from Step Jump and Pump 8 minutes, 20 calories, 53 steps. I then did Suzanne Bowen Barre Amped Bounce, booty bounce, cardio bounce and stretch, 34 minutes, 117 calories, heart rate avg.110/ max 169, 1,506 steps. Total time was 89 minutes, calories burned 433. Steps so far this afternoon 7,788.

Jolie, take care of the back! I hope have a nice visit with your parents.

Today I did 4DS Biceps & Triceps. Had a great workout. I like this series so I will probably order the new one since it seems to be similar.

Round 1
Slow Dips
(stretch)
Seated Tricep DB Extensions - 15#/20#/25#/30# - 12/10/8/6 reps
Standing Hammer Curls w/Twist - 10's/12's/15's/20's - 12/10/8/6

Round 2
BB Lying BB Triceps Extensions
– 35# - 8 reps; 2 ct. down, 6 ct. ups
SS w/
Lying Dumbbell Triceps Extensions – 10's - 8 reps/3 sets partial reps
Barbell Crazy 8’s – 30# - 8 full/8 down/8 up
SS w/
Reverse Dumbbell Curls – 12's - 10 reps

Round 3
Stability Ball HS Dips
– 8 reps/16 high end reps
SS w/
Tricep Incline Pushups
Inc. Hammer Curls w/Twist
– 15's - 12 reps
SS w/
Hammer Curls – 15's - 8 reps

Round 4
Tricep Pressdowns w/Band

SS w/
Kickbacks w/ Band
Hanging Concen. Curls
– 20's - 12 reps (don't like these much)
SS w/
Wrist Curls - 10's - 16 reps

Walked on my treadmill for 1 mile.

Total workout was 56 minutes, Avg HR 93, Max 146, burned 226 calories.

Nice workouts this weekend!! I had good steps yesterday because I did a lot of yard work at my moms.

Have great workouts everyone!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.