Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Aug 13

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I work early this AM....hard to get out of bed. I did Mitch Gaylord's Medicine Ball Melt It Off 30" and Kettlenetics 30". It was hard to get my heartrate up today. Workout was 60" and I burned 520 calories.

I have a migraine today. Hope it doesn't stick around....as tomorrow is the Nickelback/Papa Roach concert in Cleveland.

Have great workouts everyone.

Today was yoga and abs. Had to get my ab work in there, haven't had much time to do it this week. So I did a half hour of yoga and about 15 minutes of ab work.

For Yoga I choce Karen Voights Yoga Flow. I like this one, it's very basic yoga moves but loosens up my muscles really well.

For Abs I chose Cathe's No Equipment Ab Work from Ab Circuits from STS. Good workout. I wish it would have been a little more harder but I still got a good workout.

So far today I did my own mix from Amy's In The Ring. I did the warm-up, then some ab work, then Combo 1 followed by all 4 Med Ball Intervals, Combo 2, then all 4 Med Ball Intervals x 2. And of course finished w/ cool down and stretch. Workout was 1:03 and I burned 522 calories.

Hoping to do some more later, but have to see how the day goes.

Debbie- On on of the Cathe TV segments, Cathe suggests that you could set the dumbbells on top of yoga blocks or something similar if you are unable to get all the way to the floor to pickup the weights. Just thought I'd share.:D BTW, I love the plate exercises.:p

What a great idea. I'll try this next week! Thanks!

Today was Meso 2, Disc 14 Triset Legs!:eek: I liked triset because it broke up exercises I hated instead of having to pound out three sets in a row. But I hated trisets because for the same reason it made exercises I hated last forever!:p I did do some of the extended stretch so workout was 1:03 and I burned 457 calories.
Then, this afternoon before the DOMS sets in, I decided to do CC2 revised on the TM. I went for 45 minutes about 3 miles and burned 429.
Today's total is 886.

TRISET LEGS

Squats(DB)
10/10/10 - 35's
One Leg Elevated Lunges
10/10/10 - 40#
Deadlifts Wide Stance(db)
10/10/10 - 42's

Static Lunge
10/10/10 - 30's
Plie Squats Alternating Hand
10/10/10 - 30#
One Leg Slide Back Lunges w/ Paper Plates
10/10/10 - 22's

Stiff Legged Deadlift on Platform
10/10/10 - 85#
Side Slide Lunges w/ Paper Plate
10/10/10 - 25#
Squats Narrow Stance(db)
10/10/10 - 35's

One Leg Calf Raises
20/20/20 - 15's (these burned like mad)

EXCELLENT workout, Linda! I can't wait for Meso 2!!! I don't think I'll like these tri-sets much, though.

Also, I pm'd you.

This morning I pulled out I Max Extreme. I haven't done that workout in a long time. This was 1 hr 14 minutes and I burned 637 calories. HR got up to 171 :D I then did 3 sets of hanging knee raises with a 10# med ball 15 reps , Core Max tough core and Ab ripper X adding a 10# med ball to part of it. I finished off with Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Combat Surge fusion stretch segment 18 minutes. Total calories burned today was 901 40% fat. I need to start printing new worksheets for STS. I want to start a rotation using them next week.

Debbie, I think that STS weights and plates and stability ball abs are the toughest in this series. Med ball abs is ok but I don't do the partnered one hardly at all and a lot of the time when Cathe takes breaks I just keep going.

Linda, nice workout combination using In the Ring.

Lora, sorry that you have a migraine. I hope it goes away quickly.

Morning Maniacs!

yesterday I did HIIT on the treadmill. the work sessions were 1 minute and I ran between 8 and 9 MPH. Recovery bouts were 2 to 3 minutes. My HR got over 200 for one of the intervals! I no longer keep track of calories because I had that mio watch so I am using my old Polar.

Today I did a butt lift work out from fitness RX mag. I like it. It is a circuit mixing body weights exercises, plyo exercises and weights. I did 4 rounds for 4 minutes. HR got up to 180.

See you all later. Hope all is well.

Lora, have fun at the concert! We saw Nickleback in February here in Nashville and Seether was with them. It was a fun show. Apparently Nashville has a secret stage, and the band was here for about 2 weeks rehersing before the show. It was the first show of the tour. They were at hockey games and call kind of stuff during the week. I never saw them.

Hello Peeps!

How are you all? I just thought I would pop in and say HEY!!! Gosh, I already learned something from stopping in today. On hanging leg raises I can only get a few in with my legs straight (I hang from my pullup bar) and then I have to bend my legs but I don't feel like I am working as hard, so I will use a med ball now. THANKS DIANE SUE!!! :)

I'm working with an online training team, Team SCIVATION to try to gain more weight/muscle. I'm in my 4th week. I've actually lost a few pounds. :mad: So they cut my cardio from 6 days a week to 2. But Diane Sue, as you know, that means more cellulite for me, so I'm not sure I'm gonna listen. I know my body. I have asked them about this concern and haven't heard back yet. I think I'm a mystery at the moment. They were possibly going to increase my calories as a next step. I've been keeping a few progress pics on my BodySpace profile since starting with them (link below) but didn't take any over the weekend since I lost weight. I am DETERMINED to gain!!! I'm working really hard and still lifting heavy...for me. Next week my goal is 25# alternating bicep curls (I've been at 22.5 for awhile now). I know this is nothing for Charlotte or Debbie!

My birthday is Friday and hubby got me a new (to me) Nautilus Smith universal gym. I told him a couple of weeks ago that in the next YEAR I would like to replace my old Marcy Smith. It has served me well but as I continue to lift heavier the quality is just not there. He got right on it and found me a great deal on Craigslist. I LOVE it. Then we were at a fitness equipment store in Colorado (where he buys all the stuff for the police department gym) and I saw this XRide...a seated elliptical. I fell in LOVE since my elliptical has been hard on my hip and my knee. He said I could have one for Christmas. We picked it up on Tuesday!!! He knows how dedicated I am to fitness and that it has really become such a huge part of my life. He asked me what else I need for my gym and I told him I needed a dip station so he is on the lookout for one now. I still have my Bowflex Revolution and dumbbells and Olympic barbell (I finally got brave enough to do heavy squats outside the Smith!). Apparently they are making ellipticals differently now with the foot pedals closer together to help with the alignment to alleviate knee pain and stuff. Hubby said he'd like to get me one of those in the next year or so, which is a good thing since now I don't have any cardio equipment that is "standing" and when trying to really shape the glutes and hammies or get striations I think you kinda need that. But we'll see how I do. It's not like I'm gonna compete. Anyway, I've been having a blast. Now if I could just gain some weight and muscle! I have a pretty awesome hubby. :)

Sorry for being so lengthy! That's what happens when I stay away so long. I'm on vacation this week so I thought I would just take a few minutes before I go do my cardio. I'm only supposed to do 30 minutes, but........

Diane Sue & Debbie - We've been riding our motorcycle ALL the time! So much fun!!!

I hope you all have a FANTASTIC DAY!!!!

Suz, it is so good to have you check in. That is interesting about the pedals on the eliptical. Your pictures are great. I have been checking your bodyspace off and on and love the progress you have made.
Are they working with your diet along with lowering the cardio? I know how you feel. I start gaining some weight and it seems I can see that darn cellulite:mad: I know there has to be a way around that. I can alter the cardio but I have to be excessively strict about eating lowfat protein sources and keeping the starchy carbs out of my diet. Those hanging leg raises with straight legs are hard. I try to do them through a slow range. Is the training team through bodybuilding.com?? Lucky ou on the new equipment. Your husband is really spoiling you well:D

Hi, Suz! Great hearing from you! Sounds like you are doing great things!

Okay, I got the other workout in. I went outside and did CC4 and half way through I caught in the rain. That was a first, running in the rain, and kinda fun I have to admit.:D Workout was 42 minutes and I burned 425 calories for a total of 947 calories today.:D Gosh, you'd think this weight would have to start coming off soon!:confused::(:confused:

Okay, I got the other workout in. I went outside and did CC4 and half way through I caught in the rain. That was a first, running in the rain, and kinda fun I have to admit.:D Workout was 42 minutes and I burned 425 calories for a total of 947 calories today.:D Gosh, you'd think this weight would have to start coming off soon!:confused::(:confused:

Nice going, Linda!!! Lots of calorie burn today. Woo hoo!!! I bet it was fun running in the rain. A couple days ago I got caught riding in the rain and that was fun too!

Hello Ladies-
Sorry to be MIA, but by the time I can post, it is usually too late for anyone to see.

Yesterday I just did some light yoga, TTOTM and horrific cramps. Nothing touched them.
Monday was Gym Style CT with cardio between, Tuesday was 30 min cardio(I had absolutely no stamina or motivation). Today is Gym Style BSB and I will try to do some light cardio.
My eats are terrible. I am drinking diet soda like crazy and eating out way more than normal. Some is due to flo, but some is due to lack of any kind of schedule. I plan on getting back on track Sunday. I'm done with the diet soda, it's slowly killing me and I've got to convince myself that it's basically poison.

Nice workouts everyone.

Debbie and Linda-nice work on the STS. Triset legs are the devil. And Debbie, I have a love/hate relationship with leg workouts also.

Sorry to be so short. Work has been crazy.

Quick question: Does anyone take specific amino acids or a generic broad spectrum supplement?
BBL
Theresa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.