Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties

ashumate

Cathlete
Morning Ladies! Imagine me the first to post!

Today I tried to the new Amy Bento I ordered - Hi Lo Extreme. I must have meant to order extreme kickbox - because I had the type of workout that Hi Lo Extreme is - lot of choreography! So i laced up the running shoes and took it outside. did 4 miles on the hills - burned 425 calories.

if anyone wants this hi lo extreme - PM me your address and I will send.

Morning Maniacs,

Well, DD is off to school for the first time this morning and I am all alone. Feels so weird!:eek: This morning I did Amy's ASC III combos 1-4, took about an hour. Still struggling w/ combo 2.

Ally - You don't like Amy's Hi Lo Extreme? Too much choreography? I've only done that one once I really enjoyed it. Just a shame I already have it.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

I feel really gross this morning. TTOM and all the fluid from hospital that I was given...and so my weight is up more this morning. I am gonna just possess the elliptical today even though I know that will only add to the water retention, but all that fluid will soon be gone and the elliptical is what is needed today, and not 4-5mph either....at least 8-10. I also will work shoulders and abs. Feeling alittle loopy still from everything, but I am gonna go for it anyways.

Hope everyone's back and shoulders are feeling better and foot too. Pretty soon..we might have to change the title to Hardcore Maniacs Hurtin's

This morning I did steady state cardio and watched a little bit of "13 going on 30." I love that movie. My favorite part is when they dance to "Thriller". LOL! Love it!

Cardio stats:
60 minutes
51 minutes in zone
335 calories burned (not sure about that)
3.25 miles travelled

My HRM was acting up this morning. It must need a new battary already. So the calorie burn is probably close but maybe a little too high.

Char - Drink TONS of water today. Sorry you feel so crappy.

I finished my workout. Hoping to get the baby down for a nap so I can do more painting on the trim before I have to go pick up the grandchildren. I did 5 1/2 miles on the treadmill and burned 612 calories. Then I did 4 Day Split Biceps and Triceps(no w/up or stretch), I followed this with Tracey's Circuit Zone Biceps and Triceps, triceps bonus burn, and shoulders and bonus shoulders. I added 3 sets of 12 reps of 1 arm rows then did Athletic Warrior yoga cycle segent. I burned 370 calories during weights and yoga. Total calories burned was 990. Thought maybe I should jump around for the other 10 calories
icon_razz.gif

Debbie, that is a cute movie:)

Charlotte, you will get to feeling better. All of the stuff really takes it's toll on the body. LOL on the " maniacs hurtins".

Ally, I think I have only done Amy's Hi/Lo Extreme about 3 times. I think it was fun. I just got others and never got back to it. I love Amy's Hi/Lo Dome and Hi/Lo KO. I don't remember all of the premixes but you might like it better doing one of those. Maybe if there is an interval premix?? Most of her intervals are easier to do the choreography too.

Linda, it does feel weird when your children are gone to school. Takes some getting used to.

Thanks Diane Sue - I will try that. I like the hi/lo dome too and the one other I have of hers, but this one - when she started sashaying - I knew I was in trouble. Ha!

Hi Maniacs

I'm buried alive with work...may have to hire DD to come in and transcribe for me.

Last night I did steady state on the elliptical with cardio coach 1, skipping to the cool down after 22 minutes. Foot is hurting and I think I need to take a break today.

Char, can't believe your weight is up after the immaculate clean out you had! :p

Debbie, you probably missed my post late MOnday, but I'm curious about how you made the chipotle tilapia?

Ok gotta run...Hi to all I missed.

Amber

Char - The "maniacs hurtin" had me cracking up too!

DianeSue - So did you jump around for the other 10? I bet you did! Nice workout!

Debbie - Did you get my email?

Starting Over--Need Encouragement

Hello Ladies,
I need a bit of encouragement. I was in the best shape of my 46 years of life until about 2 months ago. It took me about a year of working out with Cathe and running to get there. Then I made a big mistake. I got a free one month membership to a gym and thought I would just add working out there to what I was already doing. I ended up with a stress fracture in my left foot. Pitty got the best of me and it was downhill from there.
Well today I have decided to get back to it. I have an extra 13 pounds to get rid of and need to get my eating back in control. I have just started walking the dogs again. And yesterday I began walking and running around the soccer field where my son plays soccer. My biggest fear is doing too much too soon and injuring my foot again. It is still not 100%. Probably 90%.
I plan on following Cathe's September rotation starting tonight with Tuesday, week one--Body Max 2. I am not going to do any step or kickboxing until my foot is totally better. Too much impact. Tomorrow I will alternate walking and running in place of the steady state 45 minute run.
I thought maybe I would do better with some accountability. So I decided to post on this forum. Right now I am 5' 5" and 133 pounds. 1 month ago I was 120 pounds. And 2 months ago I was 115. I am making 120 my goal for now. I will see how I feel and adjust from there. So if any of you have any ideas of how to keep consistant and eating clean please feel free to share.
My biggest problem right now is thinking back and making myself feel bad for being dumb enough to get a stress fracture in my foot. I need to get over it and move on.
Thanks for listening.
God bless,
Heather

Meals for today:

Medium calorie day

M1: ON whey protein shake w/4 strawberries & 2 oz. banana (post workout)
M2: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 3/4 c. oats, 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB, 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: 4 oz. turkey breast on 1 slice Ezekiel bread; 1 tbsp. raw almonds; peach
M4: Clif builder bar; Light yogurt
M5: 8 oz. 96% ff beef patty; sauteed veggies w/2 tbsp. parm cheese
M6: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1972 calories (2000 was goal)
51 g. fat - 24%
206 g. protein - 42%
176 g. carbs - 36%

Meals for today:

M1: on whey smoothie with flax seeds
M2: turkey wrap - today it was plain turkey with roasted green chilies (YUM)
M3: cottage cheese and pear
M4: turkey wrap - same as up top
M5: yogurt and plum
M6: smoked chicken pie with tossed salad

1505 calories
34g fat 20%
149G carbs 37%
162 g protein 43%

Hurtin hardcore maniacs..

Heather...welcome! I have a stress fracture in my foot two and am now about 3 weeks out! You have to stop blaming yourself for your injury. Sh*T happens. I burned the heels it happened in, curse at the steps where it happened daily, but I don't blame myself. you will get back on track, just hang in there!

Amber

Hey Maniacs!!!

Completed MM abs this morning.

Just finished my cardio:

Burned 412 cals
Traveled 5.5 mi
Speeds 8 avg (sprint 23mph for 23 seconds) hehe (Tried another sprint at 17mph and about 15 seconds there)
Time: 45 mins

Welcome Heather.

WELCOME HEATHER!!

Everyone posts one thing or the other (diet/exercise)-- or both on this thread so you can always reference it. You can even get meal ideas from those that post that as well :)

Today I finished yesterdays workout that I was too psent to finish.. plus some cardio (ugh)..

AM Cardio-
25 mins improv HIC

PM Shoulders-
BB Presses 5 X failure (14/9/5/8/7) - amazing the extra reps you can get when you add just 10 more second sof rest, like I did on the last two)
Front Raises 5 X failure (10/8/6/5/6 DS) - upped weight
Bent Lat Raises 3 X failure (14/10/6 DS) - upped

Calves

Ab's-
Bike
Leg Lifts X 5
LJ's on Ball X 5
Pikes on Ball X 15 reps (failure)

Yeah a very miscellaneous workout today, whatever.. if I didnt do it today (since I obviously didnt do it yesterday) then shoulders wouldn't get done til NEXT back day.. plus the extra few calories I burned was well worth it :)

Hi Heather! That's great you are getting back into things! So you have six kids, huh? You must be a busy woman! =)

Ally---I like Hi/Lo Xtreme, although I've not done it for a while. The fourth combo is particularly fun, and the interval after it is really tough. Amy's choreography is tough for me to learn, but once I got it, I enjoy it. I've finally got down three combos of ASC and just need to learn one more.

Today's workout was Body Max II minus the fist step section. I gotta say, even not doing the entire workout, this absolutely slays me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.