HARDCORE FITNESS HOTTIES FOXY LADIES - 3/20/09

ashumate

Cathlete
Morning Ladies! I went to Kroger and looked for the M&F mag and they didnot have it - so today I am doing a tabattas workout I found on the web. It is compund exercises like squat press, swings, etc. The video is of a girl doing tabatas squat pushes with 35# dumbbells. I think that may be a bit much for me to start! I don't want to injure myself, however, I may start with that drop if needed. I hope to be back later to post, but am driving to south carolina today so may not have time.

Take care all - I hope to find the mag this weeking.

Morning!

Ally: Have fun with your workout and you reminded me to tell DH to get me a copy of that mag today!

I did not workout yesterday- stomach was still feeling slightly off. I took a nap instead. :p I have really slept a lot this week which I think I needed. I still have a slightly funky stomach today so nothing much on tap. I will see how the day goes and if I'm feeling OK I may do a workout this afternoon while DS naps. Anyway, I had an unofficial rest week which in retrospect, my body needed. I'm ready to get back in the game, though! This is killing me!

I will be around today, living vicariously through all of your kick butt workouts!

Patti - I have b een really dragging this week also. Need a break!

I did:

body weight squats 14/14/14/14/17/17/17/18
squat push with 10#DBs 12/11/11/11/10/7/8/9 - these were really hard
Barbell squat clean 30# 10/10/10/10/11/10/10/10
squat press 8# DB 10/9/10/9/10/10/9/9
plie squat with bicep curl 10# DB 10/10/11/10/10/10/10/10

I am toast -

Debbie - the online timer is cool - but it was only giving me 1minute rest after 8 rounds. I had to reset a couple of times because I could not keep up.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Hi Ladies - Sorry if I'm barging into your thread. I've lurked your check-in before because you chicks do some tough stuff. :)

I saw that you're doing tabatas and thought I'd just throw a recommendation out about the gymboss timer (www.gymboss.com). I have one for doing tabatas (I *heart* tabatas) and other interval stuff. It's really handy, especially if you do some of your workouts outdoors. Just thought I'd share (I'm not affiliated with the company or anything :) ).

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I decided to do some cardio only as my day was interrupted.

Burned 356 cals
Time: 40 mins
Travel: 4.6 mi
Speed 8mph/hr 80% entire time

Today gonna add on shoulders to bicep/tricep work and then start the training with Deb on Monday.

Todays workout was Legs. I actually thought my HR would go up more then it did with this workout but it could be because most exercises were done seated or lying down. Still had an excellent workout and I know I'll feel this tomorrow.

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off.

3 minutes rest between each exercise.

LEGS
Squats:
50# - 8 sets/9 reps
***Kept the weight on my shoulder which was not fun. My traps hurt like hell by the time this was over. I'll need to reevaluate this one. Maybe hold dumbbells instead?

Leg Press Station:
75# - 1 set/12 reps; 7 sets/ 11 reps
***Need to go higher on this one for sure. Should have used 100# like I initially wanted to.

Leg Extensions:
45# - 8 sets/12 reps
***This one was funny. First set I'm like, OMG! This is WAY too light. 8th set I was sweating and swearing! LMAO!

Hamstring Curls:
25# - 8 sets/9 reps
***These burned like a mother.

Leg Press Station Calf Raises:
100# - Reps varied between 16/15/12/8/5
***These actually hurt. A bad hurt. Not sure why. My shins were screaming at me. I had to stop early on the last two sets. I may just do regular calf raises next week.

HR Stats:
48 minutes
10 minutes below zone
38 minutes in zone
31 seconds above zone
319 calories burned

Still happy with these readings. I wanted to get on the treadmill for a few more minutes but didn't have the time. Tomorrow I will after I work back.

That is all....

Ally - I think you can change the rest time on that. I used a different timer for my rest time and just reset that clock and started after the 3 minutes.

Nice worout!

Gayle - Thanks! I heard of the gymboss but I don't want to spend more money on a watch. But thanks!

Morning Maniacs! This morning I did Yoga Shatki's basic flow. I also plan on a walk after work. I've been walking the last few days and it has made me so sore! My shins, my hips, etc. Funny, how I can do a kickbutt Kettlebell workout or go on a kickbutt bike ride and it's the walking that is taking me down, rofl!

I had a dream about Bruce Lee last night (thanks Debbie!). He was training us all. He didn't speak english but we knew exacly what he wanted. We were all crying and sobbing. He had us punching and kicking bags and our goal was to rip one open. We couldn't leave til we did. Char kept getting in trouble, because she kept trying to escape. Ally had her dog with her and it was growling the whole time. Since Linda has a sore knee, he made her try and catch flies with chopsticks, she was shaking and crying. Debbie kept swearing when he was out of ear shot and Teddy kept telling him she knew what she was doing because she does Billy Blanks DVD's, and that mad him really mad. Hermia had a red cat for some reason and Patti was on the floor sobbing and a bleeding with her hands all taped up. Sonya is the only one who put a tinie tear in a bag. It was horrible. Bruce was brutal!! Oh, and he was kind of flirting with Diane Sue and that was pissing us all off.

Anyways, we are all whimps in Bruces eyes. We have work to do.

Later whiners.....:p

Dallys: LMAO! That's hilarious! So Bruce thinks we are wimps, eh? That's funny that walking is making you sore- isn't it weird what mixing it up can do for your muscles?

My friend in Florida is now pumped to try Tabata training- the whole world will now be doing it Debbie! LOL!

Must go feed the short people and myself. Good that I have a small appetite today.

Dallys...OMG! You are too funny! :D I was LOL when reading!

Ally...Have a safe and fun trip to SC.

Patti...Hope you feel better soon. I'm sure it is killin you not to be able to workout... take care of yourself!

Debbie...I did a little research on Tabata Training as you got me intrigued. I shared it with a teacher who is training for a marathon and gave her a sample workout I found on-line. I am definitely going to incorporate in my training when I finish with Olesya.

Had another great workout yesterday...shouldes/arms/abs. Increased my weights on all exercises even if only for a few sets. I had to rest this morning and put my arms down when blow drying my hair! :eek: I haven't had doms like that in my arms in a looonnnggg time. Love it!

TGIF...rest day AND cheat meal! :D

Workout was STS disc 21 back and biceps. I started 1.5 miles on the treadmill walking and burned 203 calories. Then I did Empire State joint mobility. I then did STS, burning 355 calories, followed with 3 miles on the treadmill at a 4-5 mph pace burning 333 calories. I finished with Cathe's stretch on the ball #1 13 minutes and Lawrence Biscontini foam roller starting 25 minutes in at the arm work and going through the outer thigh area which really hurt. Total calories butned today was 923 and 50% fat.
STS back and Biceps
w/up sets with blue challenge pro band lat pulldowns, t pull, y's blue challenge pro 12 reps each
pulldowns overhand medium grip Bowflex 190# 12 reps
pulldowns underhand Bowflex 190# 12 reps
Chin ups 1 leg on floor body weight 12 reps
Barbell Rows 65# 12reps, 10 reps, 8 reps
1arm row double wave ( I struggled here because left elbow started hurting so it was downhill from here)
1 set 35# 12 reps
1 set 37.5# 10 reps
1 set 40# 8 reps
1 set 35# 12 reps
1 set 37.5# 10 reps
1 set 40# 8 reps
Barbell deadlift 90# 3 sets 12,10, 8 reps
Bicep curls double wave
1 set 45# 12 reps
1 set 47# 10 reps
1 set 50# 8 reps
1 set 45# 12 reps
1 set 47# 10 reps
1 set 50# 8 reps
Incline curls both arms rotate at top on stability ball(this was killer on the elbow. I could get it up but going back down hurt:confused:
1st set I tried 20's(this is normal) Then dropped to 15's, then 10's finally
starting over at 10# for 12 reps
2 sets at 15# for 10 reps and 8 reps
Reverse dumbbell curls 15's(again I dropped weight from usual 20's) 12,10,and 8 reps

Dallys, I had to LOL at your dream:D

Last edited:
I got my M&F Mens magazine today. Almost forgot, but remembered at the last second before checking out at the grocery store. Haven't had a chance to look at it though.

Dallys - You crack me up! Funny thing is you had us all there! But I don't even know how to use chopsticks, so I guess I didn't catch any flies.:p

Today was Back & Biceps cardioacceleration style. 1 minute runs between sets.

Started 4 DS HIS warmup thru first blast.

Back
DB Rows
10/10/10 - 40's **amazed how much I have to lower the weight when doing two arms as opposed to one***
BO SA Lat Raise
12/12 - 20's
15 - 15
DB Pullover
18/15/15 - 40#

Biceps

Standing DB Curls
15/12/12 - 25's
Incline DB Curls
12/12 - 20's
15 - 15's

Finished with 4ds His stretch. Workout was 53 minutes, burned 439 calories.

Dallys, since it was a dream, I think Bruce Lee should have stood in awe at how well we all did:p

Just got back from my walk with Carma. My shins are still so sore. Could barely walk down the hills. I'm starting to wonder if I have shin splints. Can a person get shin splints from walking? I mean really, can they? Dh and I are heading out tomorrow to Fruita Co. for a weekend of mountain biking, so I won't be around. I hope you all have a fun weekend. We all deserve it after a day of torture with Bruce Lee.:rolleyes::D

Dallys, since it was a dream, I think Bruce Lee should have stood in awe at how well we all did:p

I know! But we were all such whimpy babies it was horrible. Complete uncontrollable sobbing. It's funny now, but during my dream we were really serious about it being pure torture. No one could keep up with Bruce's demands. He showed no mercy. It's all Debbie fault for bring up that magizine cover. And Linda, you are right. You have zero fly catching skills.:p

Hi Ladies - Sorry if I'm barging into your thread. I've lurked your check-in before because you chicks do some tough stuff. :)

I saw that you're doing tabatas and thought I'd just throw a recommendation out about the gymboss timer (www.gymboss.com). I have one for doing tabatas (I *heart* tabatas) and other interval stuff. It's really handy, especially if you do some of your workouts outdoors. Just thought I'd share (I'm not affiliated with the company or anything :) ).

Just wanted to say Hi to ya! You can barge in anytime. I lurk over on your Kettlebell thread sometimes and you gals ain't no pansies! Some serious workouts going on over there!:cool: And one day I will get me a gym boss. I've always wanted one.

I also wanted to say hi to Gayle and thanks for the recommendation! I book marked it for a future date. :)

I felt good enough to try STS #2 (back and tri) today and it felt GREAT! I even did C&W cardio only premix afterwards because I couldn't stop! I burned 416 and 330 calories (uh, can I add?). I was like an addict that hadn't had a fix ALL WEEK!

Dallys: I don't know about technical shin splints but if you aren't using those muscles then you might have strained them a bit, for sure. Try those weird ball stretches that Cathe does in the Gym Styles floor work- they seem useless but do stretch those muscles. (I admit to sometimes skipping them.) You put the ball up against the top of your feet and push back with your toes.

Gotta go, dinner time.

Patti, great workout. You were obviously up for it. Sounds like something I would do:) BTW I always did those stability ball moves for the shins. Never leave out things as useless because that is the area that will give you problems later on;)

Dallys: I don't know about technical shin splints but if you aren't using those muscles then you might have strained them a bit, for sure. Try those weird ball stretches that Cathe does in the Gym Styles floor work- they seem useless but do stretch those muscles. (I admit to sometimes skipping them.) You put the ball up against the top of your feet and push back with your toes.

Great idea! I forgot about that exercise. That's exactly the muscle that is sore. Thanks, and I'm happy you got your fix in.:cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.