Hardcore Check In for May 2017

I had a good workout today. I started with STS Shock Cardio Hiit 30/30, probably the easiest one, 29 minutes, heart rate, 124 average/ 155 max,(this seemed low for this workout) I sometimes wonder about my Fit Bit. I used an estimated 186 calories from various devices. Map my Fitness had it at 208 and Fit Bit had it at 137 which I have never had doing this workout before. I then did Coffey Fit Raw You tube Hips and Glutes 32 minutes for me, (her camera stopped before the end and the workout is around 25 minutes) I also had to change up some weights and write down the moves as I went. Next time should go more quickly. 141 calories. I finished off with another of Kelly's Raw workouts, upper blast, 34 minutes, 153 calories. Heart rate 106/ 140. This really makes me wonder what was going on with the Hiit workout. Time was 94 minutes, 525 calories, 3949 steps
Raw Hips and glutes timed (I think 30 on 10 off the same as with Upper Blast) I think Kelly said she is using 22 # barbell and she uses no ankle weights but says you can, she just doesn't want to make the stop to go across the room to get them.
squats 4 sets 35# barbell 12,13,11,12 reps
Hip lifts shoulders on the bench 35# barbell 12, 12, 11,13 reps
Deadlift 25's 12 reps
Deadlift to squat to stand 25# barbell 4 sets 7 reps
pizza push using step 5# ankle weights 13 reps right and 13 left repeat
Hydrant with hands on the bench 5# ankle weights 14 right 14 left repeat
alternating straight leg lifts out to the side hands on the bench 5# ankle weights 4 sets of 14 reps
alternating pizza push 4 sets 5 # ankle weights 14,14,12, 12 reps
Seated on step knee ups 18,18,18,24 reps the first set I still had on the 5# ankle weights but decided I needed to eliminate them She did not get to finish all four sets and I went on with it.

Upper Blast 30 on 10 off
Barbell Bench press 35# 22,22, 25,24 reps
seated shoulder press (Kelly starts with a 25# barbell the first set then moves to dumbbells)
12's 14 reps, 12's 14 reps, 10's 16 reps, 10's 16 reps
flys 15's 4 sets 3 at 14 reps 1 at 15 reps
lateral raise 12's 11 reps, 10's 12 reps, 10's 12 reps, 10's 12 reps
skate curls 10's for all 4 sets 12,16,16,16 reps
hammer curl (squat, curl, jump) 10's 4 sets 7 reps
barbell rows 35# 17reps,18 reps, 20reps, 20 reps
Dips 28,24,22,24 reps
seated reverse flys 12's 11 reps, 14 reps,15,reps,15 reps
skull crushers 15's 12,12,13,13 reps
seated bench knee ups 18,19,20,22 reps

Debbie, nice workout today. I have heard the name of that workout before, but think back breaker is such a funny name for a workout. I can see why you didn't want to add in all of those push ups. I did a lot the other day on upper body and really felt it afterward. Thanks for answering on the music and RIPT 90. I like the workouts to have music in them. It was just that I had at first watched a youtube of a guy doing the first workout in some sort of tent setting and I was not so impressed. I am guessing he was just someone doing them. Afterward I saw some of the actual workout previews.

Jolie, HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! it sounds like you are going to have plenty to keep you occupied on the workouts. I enjoyed the month I did of Cathe Live. You will have to check out the list for Cathe live that someone I check in with keeps updated. She just updated it. It is nice to see how long and what they will contain before choosing. I am sure you can figure out a way to put those and RIPT 90 together. I have times down on some of the live workouts where I would do just portions of some. Not the newest ones though. You got some great gifts. I can't believe I am going to be 65 in a couple of months. I don't feel like I should be that old. I see so many people my age that look so old, I keep wondering if I am not seeing myself how I really am. Then in the fitness circles, there are many young looking older women. I think it is a matter of how you take care of yourself. Maybe we will always feel young :)

Today I did not workout. I am so sore from moving furniture and the high rep workout from yesterday, I just have to give my body a rest. I feel like I have been run over by a truck. My kids both have king size beds, large dressers and desks that needed to be moved for the new carpet. Boy, was that tough even with their help! Tomorrow, Sunday, we are going to San Diego for a football camp at San Diego State and they want to see both of my boys play. My oldest would like to attend that school so we could go to all of his games and he is only two hours away from home so coming home on the weekends would be easy to do. Also, he is a big fisherman so living close to the ocean would be ideal. Monday I will get back to the workouts but I am not sure what I will do yet.

Diane Sue, nice workout yesterday! Thank you for the birthday wishes, I had a nice day. You look fantastic for your age and you should be very proud of yourself! It is our lifestyles that keep us young and looking good, for sure! I received the new workouts yesterday and previewed one of them. The trainer defiantly will not be motivating me, too quiet and low key, so I will use no volume and just play some great music. I will be using them in conjunction with the Cathe Live workouts.

I will check back in later to see what you all did for workouts.

Have a nice day!

Today I did STS Shock Cardio Athletic Step stopping at the floor stretch, 41 minutes, 338 calories, heart rate 1vg. 141/ max 175. I then did the last (third) combo, upper blitz, lower blitz, core conditioning and stretch from MMA Boxing since I did not do the last segment last time, 26 minutes, 119 calories, 106 avg. heart rate/ 154 max. I think that when there is core and longer stretches on workouts it really takes the average heart rate down. I am not sure that the calorie burn would be as accurate. Total time was 67 minutes, calories 457 calories. I had to be done earlier since we went to a yearly retired officer reunion luncheon that started at 10 am for socializing before the catered lunch and other activities. It was fun.
I was going to do the heavy bag bonus workout on the Boxing dvd and add some from Kelly's Body Design weighted kickbox but I am feeling yesterday's workout so decided to hold off.

Jolie, it sounds like maybe you need a break for a couple of days. Let your body recover. That would give you some time to preview the workouts and see which ones look like something that you would enjoy. Do all of those workouts have the same guy as the instructor? I have some workouts that I rarely do because the instructor just does not have much personality and the music is awful on non existent. Jari Loves workouts which I was discussing on another thread are an example. They are great metabolic type workouts, but I never cared for the music and she did not bring much excitement to working out. She is in good shape. Rather thin. But, I hang on to them because they do work. I think you will enjoy Cathe's Live workouts and find ones that are really just what you would like to do. I wouldn't mind doing those again sometime and also trying Les Mills Pump streaming. I still prefer dvds though. I keep thinking I am going to try the fitness blender .com mass building workouts. There are 3. The only thing is I would be doing them online (or maybe you tube if those are there) and it is just not as simple to set up. No music on their workouts, but they are available free unless one wants to pay for a plan that they have set up using their workouts. The Fat burning plan I paid for and the core plan that I paid for had other info with them and nutrition information. I like that you can look at the entire workout moves , as there is a list of them on the workout page. Makes it easier to write them down and then just write in weights if that is what you are doing. I am going to do some more STS starting next week.
That is nice that your oldest would like to go to San Diego State to be near home. I bet that you would love that too. All of my grandchildren are still here, but the one that is about done with her college here and ready to move on to her law degree may go to Liberty University. We would hate to see her leave. All of our family is here. If she does she will probably marry her boyfriend of the last few years, as he will be finished with his college and he would go with her. She is looking around though.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.