HARD CORE FITNESS MANIACS Jan 21st

Teddygirl

Cathlete
Morning :p

This morn, I revisited an old friend, wait for it........:rolleyes: Kickmax omg, what was I thinking this workout is GREAT!!! My energy level was off the chain. Its' been years since I did the entire workout, will be reaching for it more.

Good Morning -

Teddy - Yah. That is a great one. I wasn't too crazy about the combo's at first, but they grew on me. Seems like they focus more on balance and offer a nice opportunity to work on precise form. The blast is great, too. Thanks for reminding me :)

I posted late-ish last night -- just personals and stuff. I'll either do Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning (and abs) today or the "homemade" workout I wanted to do yesterday. Whatever I don't do today, I'll do tomorrow. Hoping I have more time this weekend for some longer workouts. I was thinking about starting to get up early to workout, but my sleep is REALLY light (and broken) until about 3 a.m. or so. If I started getting up around 4, which is when it would have to be ... :confused: -- I might get an initial energy boost post workout, but am afraid that a few hours in I'd be tanked. So. Still working on adjusting to this new schedule. I got DS off early today. He's headed to another soccer tournament. No school today (end of the quarter), so his coach wanted to leave this morning.

Anyway. Guess that's all for me for now.

Have a great day and workout, everybody :)

Lori

Just not making any progress with these cats. Yeesh. Getting tired of it.

Fuzzy wants to play, he's only 4 months old - of course he wants to play. Ass Monkey and Bear are just over a year but you would think they were 15 years old. Good gosh. They are driving me insane. Poor Fuzzy stays locked up in a bedroom more then he is out. Makes me sad. I can't even let him out when I'm here because if I'm working out I can't be chasing them around and when I'm getting ready I can't be wondering what they are doing downstairs.

As soon as I get done with my bills I'll let the little guy out for a while until I go grocery shopping.

Today was cardio again. I decided to keep a weight training day on Saturday because I am 100% willing to do that workout, if it's cardio it would be really easy for me to skip.

So today I did the original Cardio Coach #2 and had a great workout. I got to all my zones and really worked up a good sweat.

And my same train of thought about doing abs - I decided to do it today instead of tomorrow because again, since it's Saturday its really easy for me to just skip them. So I did MIS Abs after my CC workout.

CARDIO STATS:
36 minutes total
2 minutes below zone
11 minutes in zone
24 minutes above zone
303 calories burned :)
1.75 miles travelled

Happy with all these stats!!!

Teddygirl - Nice job with KM! I sold mine! LMAO!!!

Lori - Hope you have a great day! :)

Lori – This weekend I'm going to set aside some time to view a few more of the Insanity workouts. The 2 or 3 I seen I was like um…duh…:eek:WTH! Your workouts are always good, nice job!!

Debbie – You and your babies, I know they are adorable:rolleyes:. One day I’m going to get me a cat or puppy. I really would love to have a Chocolate Lab they are so dam expensive I'm talking thousands, shhiittt.... do they know how many pairs of shoes I could buy with that money:cool: Nice job with CC2 :)

Last edited:
Today I had planned on cardio but ended up working on my chest, back and abs because of a cold, my son has the flu, so hopefully this is as far as mine will go, I did get the vaccine.

Debbie, sounds like your cats are keeping you busy.

My day has been a little off. I pushed the wrong alarm button last night so go up late. I was glad this was not a day to run children to school. I was barely out of bed when my grandbaby arrived. She did not even make the workout easy this morning. Lots of stops to take care of her. Then she had to have help dressing to workout and Woody and Jessie needed to come and watch. Then my step became a boat so she had to get a fishing pole and cardboard fish. Not a lot of room in my space. Also some relapses on the potty training. I would just get done laundring one set of clothes and was back at it. Managed to make it into town for errands and eat a snack while preparing her lunch then my lunch. It was already 1:30 and I had not eaten anything. By then I was exhausted. She fell asleep and so did I. My washer is still not fixed. They are coming back next Thurs and parts are being sent to my house. I told them what we thought was wrong and we were correct. The guy just got the serial number off of it after talking to me and proceeded to order the parts. It was a total waste of time.

Workout started with Rapid Fire premix w/up, kickbox 2, standing and floor core.33 min 173 calories. Max HR 141 Then I did Amy Bento's Slo Mo premix Total Body Challenge 2 adding in the incline bench french press.70 minutes 336 calories I think that there is something in this workout that is causing me low back pain on my right side. This happened after I did this workout Mon and it was all better till after I did it today. I am leaning toward the cradle side lunge which could be easily modified with dumbbells. That is when I noticed twinges.
I finished off my workout with 10 Min solution 5 day get fit kickbox and power yoga segments 20 minutes, 111 calories.
workout:
wobble hack squats- 15lb dumbbells 3 sets of 8 reps ( I lowered the weight on this because I also thought it might be my problem)
1 arm lat pullover on the ball-10's 3 sets 8 reps
barbell cradle side lunge- 40lb 2 sets 8 reps
seated row- I changed this from Amy's way of wrapping the band around the end of the bar. I used my 1 inch Superband and a door anchor at the low hinge of the closet door. This seemed to work better. 3 sets 8 reps
single leg rock up squat on ball- 20lb dumbbell 8 reps then 4 reps holding
reverse delt fly & rotation-10's
chest fly around the world-8lb dumbbells 2 sets 8reps
biceps contraction concentration curl-40 lb 3 sets 8 reps
decline tricep dips- bodyweight 3 sets 8 reps
incline triceps french press- 20lb dumbbells 3 sets 8 reps
core work-8lb dumbbells and 40lb barbell for the rollouts

Debbie, I am the opposite. When the weekend hits I would rather do cardio and yoga. I contemplated putting off todays workout till tomorrow to give myself a little more recovery time but knew I would probably be trying to figure out a way to shorten the workout. I am sorry you kitty is having such a hard time. I am sure it will probably just take some time. It probably makes it more difficult since you have to be gone during the day. Maybe it will improve over the weekend.

Lori, I hear you on the light broken sleep. It is frustrating. Sometimes I think I hit a deep sleep just before the alarm goes off and scares me half to death. I try to catch up some whenever I can and my body will let me without just staring at the ceiling. I can never turn my brain off from all of the thoughts.

Teddy, are you going to do Insanity? Those are tough workouts. I recently went through some of my older workouts and realized they are some good tough calorie burning workouts. I thought it was fun revisiting them:D

Roselyn, I had the flu vaccine too. A lot of the family was getting the flu even though they had it. I got sick and was pretty run down. I told my dd that I thought it felt a lot like the flu I have had in the past but not quite as severe. She thought maybe because of the vaccine it was not quite as severe. I hope you stay well.

Eats yesterday
post workout SouthBeach Protein Peanut butter bar
b-Egg white omelet with baby spinach, onion and small amount of feta cheese
l-Clean eating magazine beef stir fry with caramelized onions and peppers over quinoa
s-3 pork turkey meatballs with 1/2 cup mediterranean veggies both Schwanns
d- subway roast chicken salad with all of the toppings and chipoltle dressing
s- cottage cheese with small box raisins
southbeach peanut butter protein bar( I am so glad these are gone)
Calories-1,506
carbs192
fat42
pro109

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.