HARD CORE FITNESS MANIACS FOR WED JAN 19

Have you guys heard the song, "Just the Way You Are" by Bruno Mars? What a beautiful song. I love it!

Today was another total body workout. Had an excellent workout and felt very strong today.

Today's workout was 3 sets of 8 reps with 1 min. 30 second rest between sets.

Dumbbell Military Press - 12's/12 reps - 2 sets (warmup)
Dumbbell Military Press - 20's
Leg Press Station - 210#
Incline Dumbbell Press - 30's (should have gone higher)
T-Bar Rows - 80#
Preacher Curls - 55#
Standing Barbell Tricep Extensions - 45# (Haven't done this in like forever. I had a hard time getting my hands at the right distance on the bar.)

Oh, and my cats are driving me crazy!!! Why can't they just get along?

Roselyn-I can't believe you did a HIIT after Interval Burn :eek:

Debbie-nice workout, and sorry about the cats. They are probably just trying to decide who will be in charge, those things can take time :D

Yesterday I did 30 min of CKBC, I was so zapped of energy. Today I have something to do, but I can't remember what yet :confused:

Good Morning -

Yesterday, I did 40 minutes of intervals and ss on the elliptical. Not a bad workout -- if you set the resistance high enough and go all out, those intervals can be pretty tough (just rather lacking in variety). I also did 15 minutes of stretching. My back feels fine today ( :) :) :D ). Not sure when I'll be able to get in a workout. I have to work and then after that I have to ... work :confused: (rather lacking in variety there, too). Part of it is training and I'm just not used to the new schedule (or lack thereof) or how to make everything fit. That should get better.

I will be back this afternoon for personals.

Have a good morning.

Lori

I would have posted earlier but forgot to take my workout log. My workout was short this morning. My energy was just not up there. Maybe because yesterday's eats(I started tracking with My Fitness Pal) were under my calorie expenditure somewhat.Also my joints have been achey. Anyway my workout was a mix again. I did lower some of the weights because this week I am doing the Slo Mo Total Body workouts two times and with the kettlebell workout I am still feeling doms. Especially in the hamstrings. Workout was 76 minutes and I only burned 354 calories. I had to hurry to get ready and run errands after I took the girls to school. Tomorrow will be rushed too because I have a service guy coming out on the washing machine. They gave me a 8-5 time frame. How am I supposed to work around that? They couldn't give me a day when I don't have to pick up or take children to school.
Workout went like this:
Lower Body Blast- w/up, front lunge pick up with 15lb, and split jump
added reverse lunges off step using 20lb dumbbells
Slow and Heavy
seated over head press 3 sets 8 reps 15lb dumbbells ( lowered and have been adding an extra set
Dumbbell Deadlift- 25lb dumbbells 3 sets 8 reps
Dumbbell rows-20lb 3 sets 8 reps
Butts and Guts
fire walkers
bonus lower
sit and stand 55#, leg press with 15lb dumbbells held at side this time 2 sets 16 reps, glute squeeze prone on ball BW
Floorwork on ball no weight (I have been wearing ankle weights)
Abs 3lb ankle weights and 8lb dumbbells and stretch

Eats yesterday:
Pre workout coffee with small amount of dark chocolate hot cocoa and almond milk
Breakfast-Low Carb pancakes with smuckers sugar free raspberry preserves
Lunch- salad with mixed greens and some Kale, fat free Italian dressing, 1/2 serving of Bio Chem Greens and whey in water
Snack- South Beach Living High Protein bar peanut butter
Dinner- Clean Eating Magazine Sirloin and Peppery Reduction
2 clementines

Debbie, that is a great song. For those that don't know or are interested here is a link to the Lyrics and you can watch a video of him singing. http://www.directlyrics.com/bruno-mars-just-the-way-you-are-lyrics.html

Lori, I am glad to hear that you back is feeling ok. Sometimes those accidents can have such an impact. I am sure that you will learn how to work everything out once you are settled into the new job.

Charlotte, I was glad to see you post yesterday:D

Theresa, that premix is a good one:)

Roselyn, that is a nice intense workout:)

Roselyn - Thats for the description of Lower Leg Blast. Sounds like a great one and I'll have to do it when I try to lean out a bit before summer. I need to put a rotation together to include those new workouts. Nice workout today!

Theresa - Actually, it's slowly getting better. Mornings are the worse for some reason. They are all little brats trying to be the boss. Hope your energy is back!!!

Lori - Nice going with your intervals. I love interval work, especially on my treadmill.

Diane Sue - Wow! What a combination of workouts you did today. Nice going. And isn't it great how you get an 8 hour span of time to have to sit at home and wait for people. Unreal! Thanks for that link! I just love that song.

Afternoon :D

I was late today, ended up taking a 1/2 vacation.;)

Gym Style Legs

BB Squats:
5 sets of 16 40/40/50/50/55

DB Front lunges:
2 sets of 16 15/20

DB Pile squats:
3 sets 16 10/10/15

DB Leg press:
3 sets of 16 101/15

BB Dead Lift:
2 sets of 16 55/55

DB One Legged Squat 12" step
32 each leg

DB Calf raises to failure

Floorwork

Tibialis Anterior Toe Pulls
Glute Squeeze
One leg rollouts
Glute press on
Glute tucks
Row ins on ball
Single leg roll-in on ball
Inner thigh squeeze on ball
Inner thigh lift w/band
Vertical outer thigh press w/band
Outher thigh raise w/band

Nice work everyone:):)

Roselyn - Great workout today :) I really like LBB too, btw. It's classic Cathe, yet also new/different (how does she DO that?!!).

Debbie - I hadn't ever heard that song, but followed the link Diane Sue left (thanks Diane Sue). What a great love song. I ask the same question about the human race (why can't they just get along??? :confused: ) as you did about your kitty's. It's strange how they do seem to need to establish a hierarchy. That happened with us, too. I am still trying to convince everyone here that I am pack leader -- some days are better than others. Great workout today also -- seems you always have a great rotation going :) .

Diane Sue - Quite a rotation you have going on, too. Your workout today looked really good, regardless of stats :) . I'm sorry your joints are giving you trouble. It's cold and snowy here today. I know you said the winter weather tends to make your discomfort worse. I am definitely ready for spring (too bad it's still only January :confused:). 8-5 is a heck of a time frame -- waiting is one of my LEAST favorite things to do (not unique in that, I'm sure). Hard to accomodate that with how busy you are, so I hope they show up at a good time and you can get on with your day.

Theresa - Well done plowing through, even with no energy. Laughed about your mysterious "something to do." Ah, yes. Me, too. Welcome to my world :p

Teddy - Sometimes vacations just ... happen ;) - Great workout today. Did you switch out a Gym Style for STS or are you changing your rotation plans (maybe you said in a previous post I somehow missed)?

Charlotte - I was glad to see your post, too. :)

Wondering about Cheryl. Hope she is ok.

Have a good afternoon.

Lori

Today's workout was yoga class. Level 2 but a shorter workout, just 55 min. Usually the classes are an hour and 25 minutes.

Diane Sue, that's a pretty great workout for not feeling energetic! You always have awesome workouts!

You guys who don't like the cold should come live here in southern California! We've had really nice weather lately, although honestly I'd like it to stay colder for longer cuz my Sweetie really hates the hot weather...also if it's too hot he won't want to go to Disneyland.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.