HARD CORE FITNESS MANIACS FOR TUES FEB 1

One kid home from high school, my daughter goes to the community college and all canceled. Freezing rain now and a heap of snow on the way. Just hope our electric doesn't go out, we had a big storm like that hear in 1982 and alll things closed down for almost a week, ok,that was fun I was in High School and had no worries, now it is like please stay on electric, my kitchen is all electric so we would have a tough time preparing meals, just praying the ice stops sooner than they say, anyway enough of a weather report, today I did Michelle Dozois Interval Circuit Burn and a 15 Hiit.

Took a rest day due to my knee. I didn't want to chance making it worse. Was going to just walk on my treadmill because walking doesn't bother it, but I just didn't want to take that chance. It's feeling a little better today, still hurts to bend it, though.

We got hit with about 3" of snow and more to come. Ice is coming, too, which is the worst. I'm really looking forward to spring.

Morning :D

This morning, I did an 45 minute slow steady run, I had to stop several times, Debbie now I know what you meant when you said you had a puke workout. I don’t remember the stats I just hopped off and ran up to the bathroom.

Debbie: Glad you decided to take it easy today.

Roselyn - We're getting it this afternoon and tonight. I sure hope we don't lose our power either. That is the worst!

Teddygirl - Puke status is a figure of speech, girl. You aren't really suppose to puke! LOL!! Hope you are ok!

Hey Maniacs
We are buried under a foot of snow, the ice headed north (sorry for all of you ladies :( )
Yesterday I did Med Ball Core Cardio-Tony Horton's One on One and 40 min of pilates. Both workouts were fantastic in their own respect, and it's nice to do different intensities. :D Sunday, I did part of a workout called Vcore. It works on your balance, posture, etc....it is REALLY tough to hold some of the balance poses and is something I definitely need to do more of.

Also, I need to tell every one of you about this book I borrowed from the library that will be part of my collection. It's a trigger point workbook. It narrow down each body part and shows you where the trigger points are, along with place referred pain can go. Debbie-I thought specifically of you with the knee and elbows. It gives stretching exercises along with the trigger points to help resolve the muscle pain and shortening that occurs at that muscle. It did wonders for my trap yesterday.

Debbie-I am sorry you are having knee issues now. I really hope you can take a look at this book, it seems almost a necessity for anyone that works out at a maniac level :D Also, have you been foam rolling? Maybe your quad or inner thigh is still really tight?

Roselyn-I hope you don't lose power either. We had that a few years ago with a bad ice storm, it was horrible.

Teddy-what is up with real puke status workout :eek:? Are you feeling ok now? Has that happened before?

Roselyn - That sounds like crazy weather. It is kind of exciting when you're a kid but does get stressful when you have to worry about the practical stuff. Hope you stay safe and warm.

Debbie - Sorry your knee is giving you so much trouble. I think you are smart to let it rest; that can be hard to do. It sounds like everyone is getting lousy weather :confused: We had a few really nice days, and like you said, I am READY for spring. It seems that once we make it through February, it gets easier (at least that's my working theory).

Theresa - What's the name of the book? You have me curious :rolleyes: Nice selection of workouts you have there, btw.

Teddy - I hope you're ok. I got sick during a workout once, but it was because I WAS actually sick (in line with what Debbie said).

Yesterday, I did a 50/10 work/rest bodyweight and plyo workout. Today I will do ... something :confused: Waiting to get clearer on how much time I really have (or not). We don't have a lot of snow -- not now, or in the forecast. I believe it is so cold here that the clouds got smart and left :eek: Sorry they seemed to end up over all of you guys. Lots of school closures due to sub zero (WAY sub) temps. My truck entirely ignored me (la la la - I can't hear you :p) when I tried to start it this morning. Had to find someone to take DS to school. By Friday, it's supposed to be in the forties again - bizarre weather.

I hope you all are warm and safe.

Lori

Well, I thought I posted but dd and dear dad called so I guess I forgot to send.
I started my workout with High Reps Lower Body 35 minutes 203 calories. I then did the floor band work from Lower body blast 4 min 19 calories. I finished off with Intensity Hiit Lo and Bootcamp mix, 36 minutes and 260 calories. Total calories 484 and time spent 75 minutes. I hurried to shower even though I am not expecting the Sears repair techs to show up. They did not call though.
The winds are high and snow has been blowing. Lucky thing is we did not get the freezing rain and sleet first in this area. I am doubting I am going to fly out in the am. So worried about this. DH should be on his way to Vegas today:confused: Wish I was there.

Theresa, I second that on the book. I want to know what it is :) If you go in my driveway which is long and sloped toward the house I bet the snow is 3 foot. I hate this weather. I love Oklahoma and all of my family is here but if I had to decide all over again I would live in AZ

I guess that would be helpful to post the info :eek:

Trigger Point Therapy for Myofascial Pain Finando and Finando

http://www.amazon.com/Trigger-Point...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1296580316&sr=1-1

There is another one that I have seen info about:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1572243759/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

And Diane Sue-I told DH yesterday that I wanted to move somewhere warm. I HATE snow, we aren't getting anywhere anytime soon. My job called and we are shut down tomorrow.

I rescheduled my flight for tomorrow evening. DH got to the hotel and they have no record of our booking even with the confirmation etc from the travel agent here:mad: So he had to pay again and hopefully they can get it straightened out.

Theresa, thanks I added that to my wish list for now since I have some things to get done here. it sounds good from the review I read.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.