barbell curl 38#
flat bench tri extension 16#

Seated lateral raise 15#
incline curls 20#
seated overhead extension one arm 15#

seated rear delts 15#
Seated concentration curls 20#
cross body kickbacks 15#

Was going to do a hiit 15 but my cold prevented me from doing that.

This week is last weeks workouts only in superset format. Had a really good workout this morning. Felt very strong. Took a long time to set up between supersets, though. Wish I could do it faster. I felt like I got too much rest between each superset.

1 minute rest between each set. 3 sets/5 reps.

Went up 5# on every exercise from last week.

Warmup:
Flat Bench Press - 65# - 2 sets/12 reps
ss w/
Dumbbell Rows - 15's - 2 sets/12 reps

SS #1
Flat Bench Press - 95#
ss w/
Barbell Rows - 90#

SS #2
Squats - 110#
ss w/
Stiff Leg Deads - 90#

SS #3
Barbell Cursl - 65#
ss w/
Close Grip Bench Press - 90#

I was whipped after this.

Kitties are doing better. Still some hissing but they are playing together. :)

Yesterday I did Kundalini Yoga to detox and destress. It is a different type of yoga that focuses a LOT on the breath. It is supposed to relax your adrenal system and help flush out toxins. I do feel a lot more relaxed since doing it especially considering ttotm is due any minute now. WE shall see how long this peace and harmony lasts :D

Roselyn-are you feeling better?

Debbie-I am glad the kitties are doing better;I bet it will be such a welcome relief when they finally get along :)

Workout today was Lower Body Blast w/up, front lunge pick up 15's,split jump then:
Reverse lunge off step 20's 3 sets 8 rep
S&H
Seated overhead press 15's 3x8reps
Dumbbell deadlift 30's 3x8
Dumbbell rows 25's 3x8
Butts & Guts
Fire walkers blue x heavy perform better loop
Sit & stand 50 barbell
Leg press 15's 2x16reps
Glute squeezes prone on ball
Stability ball 3pd ankle wts stopped after the inner thigh raises
Workout was 60 min calories 377

Happy Monday Everyone

Can you believe I am on week 4, omg time fly’s when you are having fun!! And I really am enjoying these workouts. Can't wait to do MESO II. I decided to do the recovery week:rolleyes: What is up with Cathe and all them dam push ups, duh! Even tho, I don't like doing many, I have enjoyed it.

Disc-10 Chest Shoulders & Biceps

Pushup – Pyramid up 4
Pushups Pyramid up 8
Pushups – Pyramid to singles 16
DB superset seated lateral raise &amp: seated rear fly #8/10r
DB standing curl 3 sets of 10 15/15/10
DB incline chest flys #15/15r
DB seated real fly i #10/15r
Bonus band pulls (purple band)
DB Incline curl alternating & rotate at top #15/15r
Pushups wide, standard, narrow 3 reps change 18r
DB incline side raise on stability ball #8/15r
BB seated isolation curls 35/15
(added 5 lbs)
DB chest flys #15/15r
DB lateral side to front combo #8/8r
Incline band hammer curl 16r
(this felted good I used tubing)
Core pushups – boot camp style 16r
BB seated front press double arms 1.5’s #10/12
( I sub BB for DB’s)
DB reverse curl #10/16r
Stability ball pushups 24r
Functional overhead press (rt &amp: LF then front rai #5/7r
BB curls w/band attached 35/15
Prone pushups on stability ball 20r
DB seated lateral raise both arms high ends #5/6r
DB seated curls alternating + both arms #10/16r
Pushups 21’s 21r
BB standing front press 25/21
BB curl narrow grip 30/21r
Staggered pushups 16r
DB standing overhead press both arms (3 sets) 15/10/8
DB preacher curls #15/15r

Roselyn – Nice work, Are you following a rotation or just doing your own thang?:)
Debbie - Very impressive;)
Diane – Niiice work!;)
Theresa – Aw…yoga so relaxing and peaceful. Great job;)

Last edited:
Roselyn - Nice workout. What series are you doing right now? Hope you feel better! Colds suck!

Theresa - Glad you got to a do a relaxing workout, sounds like a good one. And yes, it's good to know they are finally trying to get along.

Diane Sue - Nice workout and combo! I like how you are putting those together.

Teddygirl - I know, those pushups are aweful in the Meso 1. :eek: And how Cathe keeps going with some of them are beyond me. She is a nut! Nice workout!

Eats today have been good so far. The weekend was so, so since we had the birthday party. I will post eats tomorrow.

Debbie, I am glad, but not surprised that the kitties are doing better. I like the workout I did today I have used this before but changed it up a bit since I have the newer workouts.

Teddi, I think that you will be happy to know there are not pushups in Meso 3:D

Roselyn, I can understand why you would leave out the Hiit workout. Nice workout anyway.

This day was not what I'd expected. It's pretty late, but I need to take a break. Only just got in a workout. Would have been pretty easy to skip but I got in a decent leg mix using Slow and Heavy and Slomo (amy B.) I'd had this planned back when I bummed out my leg and eased off for a couple weeks. I couldn't do Insanity tonight (the jumping would have kept DS awake -- his room is downstairs). Tomorrow will be ok. These hours (between job 1 and 2) are just ... not good right now. I don't even want to say how many I'll be clocking in this week (partly cuz seeing it in print would be depressing). It will get better in a few weeks (hope I live to see that :confused: :p)

Roselyn - Good workout, but also saw you still have the cold. I hope it's not too bad and you get feeling better quickly.

Debbie - Sometimes I have workouts where set up/weight changes just take longer, too. Frustrating but like you said, do it as quickly as I can - just how it is sometimes. Nonetheless, your workout looked great. Glad you had a good one and REALLY glad to hear the kitties are doing better. They seem to be adjusting relatively quickly - I'll take that as a good sign and keep my fingers crossed. Maybe they could use a yoga workout like the one Theresa described :p

Theresa - I may ask you about that yoga workout again in the future sometime. Hope the good effects stayed with you through your day :)

Teddy - Wow. I lost track of time - surprised to hear how far along you are. Looks like you're doing great. Show those #@&* push ups what for ;)

Diane Sue and Hermia - I don't want to forget: saw your post/comments about feeling dizzy/queezy. I was really interested to hear that you've gotten that way post-workout, too Diane Sue. It happens to me occasionally and I just am not sure why. I could site some things (tiredness, stress, when I last ate ... hormones ...) but those same variables seem present at other times and I didn't feel that way after I was done. And yah, I felt pretty good during the workout. I was glad you asked though and will try to pay more attention/look for a common denominator. There have been times (like I think you said D. S.) where a nap didn't help at all and almost seemed to make it worse. So. I dunno. Puzzling.

That is all -

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.