HARD CORE FITNESS MANIACS FOR FRI MAR 18

Today I did Cardio Interval Burn and Jillian's abs, I must say my abs are taking on a nice shape.

Here is what I am planning on eating today, if things change I will be back:)

B-Cream of wheat, raisins with some protein powder
S-Peanut butter and banana
L-Salad with tuna
S-apple and almonds
D-salmon, veggies, sweet potato

Last edited:
Roselyn-what a great feeling the abs must be :) Can you add a protein bar for a p.m. snack or yogurt/granola bar, fruit/almonds?

Yesterday I did HIIT Coach (Cardio Coach came out with a new workout-it's free) hiitcoach.com if anyone is interested. It was a doozy :D 45ish minutes, fairly low impact, VERY high intensity :D I am down 1.5 lbs this week-3.5 more lbs and I will have lost 5%.

Roselyn - here are those recipes:

Chicken & Black Bean-Stuffed Burritos
1/4 c. water
2 tbsp fresh lime juice (I use bottled)
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast (have no clue where to get this so I just cooked up two chicken breasts and cut it into small pieces)
1/4 c. thinly sliced green onions
3/4 c. canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 c. refrigerated fresh salsa (I use WM's lime salsa, its really good)
4 - 8" flour tortillas (I used whole wheat ones)
1/2 c. shredded monterey jack cheese
Cooking spray

1. Bring first 6 ingredients to a boil ina small saucepan. Stir in shredded chicken and green onions.
2. Combine beans and salsa.
3. Spoon 1/4 c. bean mixture and 1/2 c. chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; sprinkle w/2 tbsp. cheese. Roll up.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium -high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 2 burritos. Place a cast-iron or other heavy skillet on top of burritos and cook for 3 minutes each side. Remove from pan and repeat procedure with remaining 2 burritos.

Yield: 4 servings - 1 burrito

Calories: 353, Fat: 9.8 g.; Carbs: 33.1g; Protein: 30.9 g.

I skip step 2 and only make 1 burrito at night. I put the chicken and bean mixture on a tortilla and top with cheese. Microwave it for about 45 seconds and then I add in 1 tbsp. plain greek yogurt and lettuce. Very good this way. It's too much of a pain to grill them like they suggest. Plus, you'll see with the ratios of product in each tortilla, it's impossible to get them to roll up.

Turkey Tetrazzini
1 c. ff, less sodium chicken broth
1 c. 1% low fat milk
3 tbsp. all purpose flour (I use whole wheat)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp.pepper
Cooking Spray
2 tsp light butter (I used olive oil - screw the butter)
1 - 8 oz. pack presliced mushrooms
1/2 c. chopped celery
1 tbsp. dry sherry
2 1/2 c. hot cooked spaghetti (I use the Omega 3, love that stuff)
2 c. cubed cooked turkey breast (about 1/2 pound)
3/4 c. preshredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Combine broth and next 4 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well.
3. Melt butter (olive oil) in large nonstick skillet coated w/cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and celery; Saute 5 minutes. Add broth mixture and sherry; cook 2 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Add cooked spaghetti and turkey. Cook until thoroughly heated. Spoon into a 11x7" baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with cheese.
4. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.

Yields: 5 servings - approx. 1 cup.

Calories: 276; Fat: 7.3 g.; Carbs: 34.1 g.; Protein: 20.3 g.

Didn't change anything in this other then the olive oil instead of butter.

Both VERY GOOD recipes! Let me know what you think! Oh, and both are make under 30 minutes so its not a long time to get them ready.

Roselyn-what a great feeling the abs must be :) Can you add a protein bar for a p.m. snack or yogurt/granola bar, fruit/almonds?

Yesterday I did HIIT Coach (Cardio Coach came out with a new workout-it's free) hiitcoach.com if anyone is interested. It was a doozy :D 45ish minutes, fairly low impact, VERY high intensity :D I am down 1.5 lbs this week-3.5 more lbs and I will have lost 5%.

Too cool on the CC! I wonder why it's free. Thanks for the heads up Theresa! :eek:

ETA: Crap! Do you need to belong to FB to get this workout??? Is there any way you can email it to me, maybe? Did it come as a zip file when you downloaded it?

It was a zip drive, I will email today. You don't have to be a fb member from what I recall. You may try a google search of hiit coach & see if that helps. This is a new endeavor for him so I think he's testing the market.

It has his intro to the song, and then you cycle through the songs on your own. I hope that makes sense :confused: thanks for the recipes :D

This morning I did Supreme 90 Tabata, 43 min, 335 cal Max HR 158. Then I did Jari Love Boot Camp segment 1, 10 min 70 cal. . I finished with Shiva Rea Power Yoga Flow , flow of empowerment and creative roots. 35 min 162 cal. Total time 88min, 567 cal.. Got to run, headed out on the Harley with DH:D CHeck back later.

Hi everyone

Ugh...I feel like I'm still getting back into things...I've had too much time with little to no workouts. I am definitely noticing a difference =(

Anyway, a couple days ago I did nearly the whole standing portion of Butts and Guts...still a bit sore in my legs and booty. Today I did the upper body premix of High Reps and then about 20 minutes of extended stretching/yoga on my own.

Those recipes look good, Debbie. I'm always on the look out for new, yummy recipes; I think I'll have to write those down and give them a try.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.