Hard Core Fitness Maniac Hotties 9-23-08

ashumate

Cathlete
Morning all - I am the first post! day 2 of Debbie's rotation - I am not able to lift to failure because I don't have a rack and today - I can't put on shoes so I was somewhat limited. Here is how I did

Legs

Squat - 6/6/10/12/12 - BB 65# / 65/60/55/55
Lunge - 6/6/10/12/12 - BB with weighted vest - 60/69/64/54/54
curl - on ball to failure
Abs
crunch
reverse crunch 35
Calves
DB calf raise
10s 12/12
body weight calf raise - 24

That was it for today. My upper body is sore from yesterday chest and triceps workout - and my WRISTS are very sore.

I am totally clueless how I am going to get cardio in without being able to put on shoes. I may have to get the bike out. My heel is still very raw and sore.

Have a great day everyone.

Debbie - thank you for sending that rotation. I think I can stick to it. I need to go out and buy a bench though. I think I may get one this weekend.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Ms. Pussycat is about to sabotage my message in a few. Anyhow, the hike yesterday ended up with a walk around the big lake instead...which was very very nice. We ate at my favorite restaurant for lunch which makes really good healthy sandwiches. We had turkey swiss bacon on whole grain..no fast food crap. lmao. Oh, and I did my ab ripper x before dinner.

Today is a Leg workout. I think I am still on the 4th week of this. I will have to see as I am alittle behind from sickness and whatnot.

Replying from yesterday's post:

Bionics,

The leaves will not change until about the 3rd week of October here. For now, it is pretty seeing them a few blow around here and there. Was thinking of getting some mums, but they never last very long and just seem like a waste of money to buy a plant that last about 1 month or so. I think I will get some pumpkins though in a few weeks. Still need to make pumpkin pie with my canned pumpkin.

This month's cardio is 70% of my MHR. That is around 136 bpm. I did a Cardio Coach mix and just followed it and not going balls to the wall. My stupid HRM isn't working for some reason. I changed the battary last week and it hasn't been right since. It stayed at 60 bpm for the first 15 minutes of the workout and I finally just took it off because it pissed me off. What the heck is up with these HRM??? I have another battary so I'll try it before I use it again. Yeesh!

Anyways, no cardio stats but the treadmill showed this:

46 minutes
300 calories burned
2.8 miles travelled

I had a good workout regardless.

Just caught up on yesterday's checkin. Thanks for the congrats on my bike test! I'm so glad it's over!!!

You all had some excellent workouts.

Ally - I'm excited that you are doing this rotation. Try to stick with the barbell for this months workout. Dumbbells are next month.

So glad the sun is back out today :)

I must've been retaining water yesterday as I lost 3 scale lbs over night grr.. and after I had a fat bulging belly for the photos yesterday (insert that smiley with the steam coming out form the top of head-- I don't have the icons here hee)

Chest-
Pushups X 3
BB Presses 5 X 10
Incline DB Flyes 3 X 8 ss w/
Incline DB Presses 3 X 8 damn this ss was hard! hmm..
DB Flyes 2 X 8 slow

Tri's-
Lying Extensions 5 X 10 used liter weight w/ only 30 sec rest
BB Skull Crushers 3 X 10 again, only 30sec rest with rest/pauses
Cross Body Extensions 3 X 15/12/10 no rest

Ab's-
Bike
Leg Lifts X 3
Top Crunches X 3
Ball Exchanges - 20 reps

Cardio-
15 mins immediatly following ab's-- since I consider tat to cardio as it gets it up there :D I just added 15 mins onto the end.. might not be time for a seperate session.
Definitly have to up the ab routine eventually here.. not seeing much results and I think I get lazy with them :T

Happy workouts Maniacs!!

Anyone raking leaves yet????

I got my workout finished and then went to get started on those immunizations for traveling to Kosovo and around Europe this summer. Got both of the first hepatitis A and B shots. She hit a vessel or something on the first one and it swelled way up into a hard knot. This mornings workout was Rumble stopping at the stretch, then I did Hi/Lo Ko combo and ko #1 and abs, then Step Challenge 3 abs #1 & #2, Core Blast standing med ball abs and stability ball abs, finished with Rumble stretch. I burned 638 calories doing rumble and the Hi/Lo knockout segment. Total calories burned today was 919 and 50% fat.

DAMN Diane Sue-- did you do that all in a row?? How long did it take?? I could use to burn some cals like that ;)

Hi Everyone!

Been MIA, but know I have been working out, a little bit:eek:
This morning, I did went for a long walk took me 2 hours and 20 minutes and I did Abs, tty girls later:D

Ally: Giiiiiiirl, you rocked it ;) Nice Job

And too everyone else have a wonderful day:D

Meals for today:

Low calorie day

M1: ON whey protein shake w/ 4 strawberries & 2 oz. banana (post workout)
M2: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M3: 2.5 oz. turkey on pita w/lettuce; 1 tbsp. raw almonds; nectarine
M4: Zone bar; Cherry light yogurt
M5: 6 oz. chicken w/Shake & Bake Parmesan; Sauteed veggies w/ 2 tsp. parm cheese
M6: Squash Omlette

1680.5 calories (1690 goal)
39 g. fat - 21%
181 g. protein - 43% (195 g. goal)
159 g. carbs - 38% (162 g. goal)

Not bad again. Need a bit more protein but it was a cardio day so I'm not too worried about it.

Afternoon Maniacs,

Just returned from the funeral so I am feeling pretty drained. It was a beautiful service though. My cousin was very involved in the Fire Company and at the cemetary after the minister spoke they came over the Fire Truck radio saying "Robert A. Haugen Sr. has answered his last alarm". There wasn't a dry eye to be found anywhere.

Anyway this morning was Amy's ASC 3. I wanted to do it all the way thru, but kids got up and interrupted me, so I finish through # & 4 combined then jumped to the power ups. That was the first time I tried those. Thanks to DianeSue I knew enough to lower my step for the jumps!

PebbleSus, my workout was without a break this morning. I worked out for 2 1/2 hours. The stretch from Rumble is 12 minutes of that. Sometimes I get higher calories than that in less time. Just depends on what I am doing.

Linda, I think it works much better doing those power ups with no risers. For some reason the turns and jumps seem easier than just jumping across for me. They sure do get the hr up:D

I'm not sure if today really counts as a workout...maybe half. I went running with a guy I've just started seeing, but it couldn't have been much over a mile. It was a nice area to run, though.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.