Hard Body Yoga DVD? Other no weight full body workouts?

pressju

Cathlete
Hi all. Although I am very happy with my weight and health, I have found that my arms are getting a bit bulky from all the kick boxing and weight training. Warm weather will bring me outside and running again so I may lean out a bit. But thinking of incorporating more non weight workouts that still challenge the muscles. Has anyone tried Hard Body Yoga by Tari Rose? Others have the bulk issue? And yes my diet is good - starting to up my protein more and cut back the carbs a bit.

Wishing you all good health and eternal hope.

Julie

RE: Hard Body Yoga DVD? Other no weight full body work...

Hi there! I too ran into the same problem you did about 1 1/2 years ago. I started incorporating Pilates into my routines. I lost about 15 pounds and really sleeked out! I still have what some may consider "a lot" of muscle but I am longer and leaner than before. I currently do Pilates 2-3 days a week and a total body weight routine(with Cathe vids) one day a week just to maintain. I do some form of cardio 5-6 days a week.
Yes, I also decreased those " bad carbs" and increased proteins, veges, and fruits.
Hope this helps! Stay strong-Susan

Hi Julie,

I second what Susan said - I have friends that have gotten great results from pilates. I wish I could, but I just can't stick with it. I feel so "unworked" - probably because I'm selecting the wrong ones (Susan, can you recommend some good ones??). I recently started using the Bar Method DVDs, and I notice that I am getting more of a longer, leaner look, especially in my shoulders and abs. Usually when I work out a lot I tend to bulk up in a fatty looking way, but this hasn't been the case with these workouts in my rotation. Hope this helps.

Joy

I tried Hard Body yoga. It doesn't use weights, but you do a move, then repeat it slowly (counting to 10 while you move, then holding for some counts...it's been a while, so I don't remember exactly. You do each move a certain number of times.

I have tried Hard Body Yoga by Tari Rose. Didn't like it much. The problem? For each and every movement that is 10 counts, she counts it out, one by one. So slowly does she count it out that I find myself annoyed. The workout itself isn't all that hard, not compared to Shiva Rea or others.
Try any of these yoga dvd's for a great power type yoga workout:
1. Bryan Kest's 3-in-one. From beginner to advanced.
2. MTV's yoga/pilates four pack. One regular, more basic yoga, one power yoga, plus two pilates DVD's. Not annoying at all, great pace, all business, no extraneous chatter, unless you want it.
3. Shiva Rea's Shakti Yoga. This one is great, the best of the three, very challenging if you want. There are 4 preset programs, beginner and up. Plus a yoga matrix where you can choose from any of the movements. That woman is a pretzel, she does amazing things, more like gymnastics for some of the more advanced moves. The dvd was filmed in a place that no longer exists, thanks to the Dec 26th tsunami. Beautiful location, worth it just for the scenery.

I have no stores to buy these at, got them all at either amazon.com or collagevideo.com

I have had great results with Winsor Pilates, especially her new ones. Her Maximum Burn series are excellent too. Her new ones use a band and you do feel it working. Her Bun and Thigh Pilates are the only ones I use, they really give you a burn in the outer thigh, glute area! I have tried Yoga in the past and just couldn't stick to it. Pilates is much more my style! :) Susan

Thank you everyone for replying. Looks like Pilates/advanced yoga into the routine is the answer. I might increase the cardio a bit and see if that helps. I will miss my bread!!!! Will try the Hard Body Yoga tape since I got it used for $9 off amazon.com

Take care all.

Hi pressju :) Just wanted to chime in and say I just got Hard Body Yoga and did it for the first time yesterday...really liked it a lot...it's a little different...kind of like yoga meets Pilates with the instructor's own little spin to it...anyway, I'm definitely feeling some DOMS today...hope you like it! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.