Happy New Year's Checkin 12/31/00

Did you get the patches???!!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-01-01 AT 08:48AM (Est)[/font][p]Just wanted to check on how you were doing with that.

My week: Big workouts to counteract big eating....nine days and four of those days contained a pig out. I'm OK with what the scale said this morning, but time to clamp a lid on it.

Sat. 12/23 nuttin'
Sun. Taebo II
Mon. Pig out, so I did Imax
Tues. Circuit Max and Chest, Shoulders and Triceps from Bodymax
Wed. 30 minute run/walk at the Y
Thur. MIC...first time ever all the way through, beginning to end!!!! Huff Puff!!!
Fri. MIS, but the Back and Biceps were spliced in from the CTX tapes.

I'm starting out the New Year with Imax....this time last year I'd never done ANY step tape! I had Intense Moves gathering dust, and finally did it about 2 weeks into the new year. Last year was my "start cross-training" year.

This is me all week :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy

High hopes...

but they faded fast Cleda LOL! I was still comtemplating it at 10:30ish...but about an hour later...I was..NOT;-). I was in bed by 11:40 and could hardly keep my eyes open for the ball to drop. But you know me and the late hours of the evening:-tired!

http://members.aol.com/naconfer/images/smfitnut2.jpg

sorry...

to jump in, but that old classics comment was too funny! And where did that FACE come from!!!???
Wendy :)

Oh Heck NanC!

I thought that was the icon for me NOW !!!! ;-)

Ohhhhh that's just how I feel.....

And we will be quite the trip in our 90's when doing step aerobics..... so what if we don't use a step???? We'll have fun anyway!!!! ;-)

Cleda

PS... LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new little birdie in front of the sig. You and me both.... countin' them days till SPRING

Glad to see you got Imax...

....isn't it the absolute greatest?!!!!!!! Such a compact, kick-butt efficient workout!!!!! I even have time to do this one in the morning before work. (I use a shorter warm-up from one of the CTX tapes, however). :D:D

Had to check the map

Checked the map to find out where Poway is located - north San Diego County. We're transplants so I'm still learning. Your brother lives in great cycling country which is why lots of pro triatletes live in the area. Riding up the coast is usually very tough because the winds blow to the south & it's been very windy & dry. Your brother must be quite a gladiator!

DH & I are shooting for the Solvang Century in Santa Barbara county again. Beautiful country - rolling hills, ocean vistas. The area around it is very popular with trust babys (e.g. Bloomingdale) & celebrities for "ranches". It's also turning into another wine growing region. It's a very well organized & popular ride so maybe it's on your brother's list.

I'd love a shorter Scott Cole stretching tape, or at least one I could split up. Though I can't complain about how I feel the day after doing Millenium Stretch! I've heard good things about the yoga tape - but I'm really enjoying Pilates mat classes for core strength & flexibility. Too many temptations!

Debra

Happy New Year!

Wow, you guys are great!! I know this will sound very sappy, but I almost got tears in my eyes reading this week's check-in for everyone. It made me think back to about a year ago when I started posting here for the 1st. time!! Just reading all your posts made me feel such a closeness to you all. I have never met you (with the wonderful exception of HoneyBunch & EricaH) but feel like I know you ALL sooo well. It has truly been a very positive year for me in the "fitness-department" of my life. I've ALWAYS had a love for fitness and never had the problem of MAKING myself workout but this year there has just been a breathe of fresh air added to my life with you all and of COURSE all my Cathe vids (which I'm proud to say, I own them ALL!!!)Anyways, I just wanted to share that with you all and THANK you for making my 2000 year a fun one. I look forward to 2001 with you!!:D FINALLY, onto my week of workouts:

Monday~CHRISTMAS! REST! Enjoyed every minute of it with my special family! We had Christmas Eve & Christmas Day here for everyone so I didn't have time to do my workout but that was okay.(I was able to fit in Leaner Legs on Christmas Eve morn.)

Tuesday~Leaner LEGS, CTX-BICEPS (Skipped cardio because we had company sleeping in the basement bedroom so I couldn't turn the volume up. I just followed the tapes on very low volume for strength work. FELT GREAT!!

Wednesday~CTX-CHEST, SHOULDERS & BACK, Power Circuit, plankwork & ABS from P.C.

Thursday~CTX-TRICEPS, Step & Intervals

Friday~Leaner LEGS, & BICEPS, ABS from All-Step in the morning, practiced my Hi/Lo routines for my new session that starts next Monday! YIKES!! :-wow Later in day, CTX-Kickbox, (LOVE all the kicks & punches in this tape),CTX-SHOULDERS

Saturday~CTX-CHEST, BACK, plankwork & lower back work from P.C. ABS from Kickbox, 10-10-10 cardio, TRICEPS, Cool down & stretch from 10-10-10

Sunday! REST!!! :-tired

This week finished up a 10-week CTX rotation of doing the body parts 2x/week. I loved it and never tired of it. I saw great results particularly in my upper body. YaHooo! I also saw results in my legs, but I have a waaays to go with them. I am starting a PS rotation as of this morning so we'll see how my body responds to it. I probably need a shake up by now. HAPPY 2001 everyone!! Trevor, we are waiting for your announcement!!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Good week, Nanc! :)

Hey, it looks like you're leaving slumpsville! I've been on an extended stay there, unfortunately! :-( After a fabulous November, December was much less than stellar. But I did manage three workouts this week, at least!

Monday - Nada.
Tuesday - PS-CST
Wednesday - Nada.
Thursday - PS-BB (no A!)
Friday - Nada.
Saturday - PS-L (abbreviated version, and no A again)
Sunday - Nada.

Gotta make up the January schedule tonight. I think I'll make a little bit of a switch and try to do the whole upper body on one day. Doing 3 days of strength doesn't leave me as much room for cardio as I'd like, with the way life is going lately.

http://lynnio.homestead.com/files/artwork/newfoolsm.gif

RE: Did you get the patches???!!!

I'm calling my doctor this morning to have a checkup and see what he perscribes. I WILL kick this!! Thank you for asking. I'll let you know what he says. BTW, ever heard of ZYBAN? I heard that's been used to help now too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.