Happy New Year's Checkin 12/31/00

T

trevor

Happy New Year's everyone! Well.......not quite but almost! :)And how the heck did all of that snow miss Annapolis/Baltimore?.......I would love to be a weatherman and hold a job while being incorrect perhaps 50 percent of the time. I hope everyone who got snowed under is digging out ok.......careful on that ice! :)
I think last year, with the y2k thing, at this time we were all wondering whether we would be going back to living in caves with canned food and bottled water. And of course a vcr and a few Cathe tapes!!
Our baby is still snug inside mommy's tummy so the waiting game for us continues. Looks like no extra tax deduction this year for us. lol!
Here's my workout week. It's been very cold outside and I have trimmed back on my fitness center forays as I make a go of working out mostly at home. I did go out running once this week but the rest was inside at home.
My week:
Mon. -- nada except chowing on x-mas cookies and the like!
Tues. -- Bodymax
Wed. -- nada
Thurs. -- Intervalmax....really had fun with this one
Fri -- Pure Strength for chest/shoulders/tris
Sat. -- 38 min. trail run on the local cross country trail. This sucker is very hilly and I fell on my butt on the ice! Lost my hat in a sticker bush patch. Very cold too but I finished by gosh and that was my goal. :)
Sun. -- Bodymax weight portions
Have a safe and happy new year's everyone! Let's make 2001 the best year ever!! :) :-jumpy
Trevor

This is how my week looked.

12-26 Tues 35 min. run
12-27 Wed 35 min. run
12-28 Thurs 35 min. power walk

Trying to get back into running. Boy, were my legs sore this week. Had 2 more family get-togethers this week so my exercise schedule is still not back on track. Maybe next week.
Have a safe, wonderful New Year to all of you. Thanks for always keeping me inspired.

Lisa

My week was a little better than last week. I am just itching to start a new rotation at the first of the year. For strength I have been doing MIS for about 8 weeks and I am ready to the PS series for my next rotation. This will be my first rotation with PS. Can you lift about the same weight in PS as you do in MIS? Just wondering! Anyway, here's my week:

MONDAY: Nothing unless you count lifting the fork to my mouth as exercise. :)

TUESDAY: Step Heaven I am afraid I am going to get sick of this tape since I have done it at least once a week since I got it. Nah! I'm still working on getting the choreography!

WEDNESDAY: MIS

THURSDAY: Step Heat

FRIDAY: First half of MIS

SATURDAY: Last half of MIS and all of Millinium Stretch. First time with this tape. I liked it okay but will reserve judgement until after a few times through. I did feel relaxed after I did it.

Well, see everyone next year!

Kelly

two week check in!

Hi everyone! I've been out of town since last Wednesday (traveled from lovely, warm, 70 degree Arizona to lovely, cold, 3 degree Pennsylvania--but was warmed by my family for a week, so well worth the temp. change!!!). Hence, this will be a two week check-in. They were supposed to be the first two weeks of a 4 week rotation of Five Cardio and Two Full Body Strength, but I was the lucky recipient of 5 Cathe vids, so have been too tempted to stick with my original schedule. Also, when I was home I only traveled with two tapes, and had access to very light weights, so...

week of 12/18-12/24:
MONDAY: PowerMax and StepWorks combo (60+ min)
TUESDAY: Allstep and planks
WDNESDAY:MIS
THURSDAY: off
FRIDAY: 35 min Stepworks
SATURDAY: CTX kickbox + StepW. section III
SUNDAY: Kathy Smith Secrets upper body+ 20 min. lunges, squats, etc. (I actually felt my upper body the next day!!)

week of 12/25-12/31:
MONDAY: rest
TUESDAY: MIC hi-lo (xmas present :) )
WEDNESDAY: StepW. wu + MIC step
THURSDAY: BodyMax step and upper body
FRIDAY: rest
SATURDAY: power circuit from Bodymax + CTX powercircuit :-jumpy
SUNDAY: more upper body and 30-45 cardio

Have not quite decide today's workout. I have IntervalMax staring me in the face!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!! :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy

Wendy

RE: Happy New Year everyone!!!

First, I just want to say, Have a safe and happy New Year!!!It was a pretty good week for me this week, I got a couple of new video and I've done them both already and really enjoyed them both. I start a new rotation on tues. and I'm quite excited about it. Ok, so here was my last week on a PS rotation.

MON: Are you kidding?? Not a thing!!

TUES: PS SLA, Joy of Yoga, Cardio Kicks

WED: PS CST, Crunch Joy of Yoga, StepFit

THURS: PS BBA, Crunch Joy of Yoga, StepHeat, and Power Yoga for beginners

FRI: Crunch Joy of Yoga, MIC floor, PS SLA

SAT: Crunch Joy of Yoga, PS CST, All Step(stepping only), and Ali McGraw Yoga Mind and Body(new, beautiful tape!!)

SUN: Bryan Kest's Power Yoga Vol 2, and I will do Kickbox from CTX (again cardio only) and PS BBA. Maybe another yoga tape later, depends on how much time I have.

Alright, everyone, please be safe and happy and healthy this coming year and always!!

Aimee

RE: two week check in!

Hello everyone. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Did anyone get fitness related presents? I got CTX on DVD(had the videos), PS BBA(completes my collection), some new dumbells, and a Weider home gym. I'm so excited about the options I have now. I want to make 2001 the fittest year ever and wish everyone here the same. Here was my week:

Mon- does eating around the clock count?
Tue- CTX upperbody split, LL abs
wed- Step and intervals cardio only
Thur-Leaner legs followed by All Step
Fri- Kickbox abs, PS CST
Sat- PS BBA, Cardio combo: SNI+step and kickbox circuits
Sun- All step abs, first half cardio kicks, CTX kickbox cardio

Have a great new year!!

Whew!

So glad this is the last day of December!!! This month always kicks my butt!

Trevor, I was so hoping that you posting first meant a new little Trevor:)...hey maybe you guys will have the first baby of the year;-)..have Michelle jump up and down all day:7.

I'm playing a little catch up myself, I missed last weeks check in...so here it is..neat and tidy

Week of 12/24: (Monday the 18th)[font color="red"]Power Circuit[/font] with jumprope intervals replacing all the weight work sections.
That was that week;-)

Now on to this week:

Monday-Wednesday..nada

Thursday-[font color="red"] Step Jam[/font], I've forgotten how fun that tape is...loved that section with the T off the end then a knee up turn off the board with a walk back, insole and a side up back on the board:7

Friday-[font color="red"] PS Legs[/font]...yeowwww, you know you've not been consistant with your workouts when the DOMS show up minutes after you've completed the workout...and there are moments when a padded toilet seat would be nice too;-).

Saturday-[font color="red"] Precision Cycling[/font]...certainly not at the front of the pack for this one.

Sunday-[font color="red"] PS CST[/font] & [font color="red"]CTX Back & Bis[/font] I still haven't decided if I want to do Cardio later..maybe even a new years workout late;-). Is anyone considering something crazy like that??? I could be talked into it with company:)...Cleda, I know you did that last year...didn't you?

I hope everyone has a safe and happy new year and lets have a toast tonight to all our fitness friends near and far!

http://members.aol.com/naconfer/images/iconhappynewyear.jpg http://publish.hometown.aol.com/naconfer/images/smfitnut2.jpg

Hi everyone!

Trevor - good luck this week with the baby!! My oldest is a January baby and my husband threatened to drive me on bumpy roads to make me deliver in December for the tax deduction. And be careful running!

This is the first week in a long time that I haven't run - the roads have been too icy and I am paranoid about injuring myself. I am missing it and have been having a tough time choosing cardio workouts. I did so much whining, that my husband just ordered me an inexpensive stairclimber so I could have more variety - I can't wait to get it!

Here's my week:

Monday: Hi/Lo Heaven - got this for a Christmas gift and love, love, love it!!!! Shoveled snow too - my new outdoor workout.

Tuesday: Circuit Max/Power Circuit

Wednesday: Hi/Lo Heaven - did I mention how much I love this workout? Slide - 20 minutes

Thursday: Stationary Bike - 30 minutes/ PS CST/ Intense Moves. Shoveled snow

Friday: PS Legs/TB AL 4

Saturday: Cory's BBA (skipped abs), 2K02 - Cardio only

Sunday: Stationary bike - 1 hour/ Lower Body Split Going out to shovel snow later

Hope everyone has a wonderful New Year!!

Erica

Hey Kelly!

Regarding your questions about weights used in MIS vs. PS.

Well for me, I've usually been able to go heavier in PS (on some exercises, not all) then I did in MIS. There are fewer reps, the reps tend to be slower, and there are somewhat longer rest periods between sets which is what allows you to go heavier, IMO. The ability to go heavier on weights, for me at least, was especially evident on the back, chest, and sometimes the biceps.

Hope this helps :),
Lisa

Hi everyone. Looks like some good weeks all around.

Here's mine:

Sunday - w/u and cardio from CTX Kickbox, cardio/circuits, brief cooldown, planks, abs, and stretch from Power Circuit; PS CST
Monday - Interval Max; PS BBA
Tuesday - Cardio Kicks; PS SLA; CTX chest
Wednesday - 45 minutes on elliptical machine in AM; CTX back, CTX biceps, planks, abs, and stretch from CTX Kickbox in PM
Thursday - w/u and cardio from All Step, cardio & intervals from Step and Intervals in AM; CTX shoulders and CTX triceps in PM
Friday - Leaner Legs
Saturday - sections one and two of Step Heaven (this one always gives your brain a workout as well as your heart).

That's it.
Here's to a very happy and healthy 2001 :) :-jumpy :) !!!

Lisa

Happy New Year!!

This year I did 274 video's/DVD's and 20 walk/run tapes for a total of 266 hours of working out. Seven weeks during the year of doing nothing! My goal for 2001 is to do 312 plus hours and NEVER missing a whole week and maybe some yoga. This was my second week with my 5 new Cathe tapes. I just LOVE all of them!!! (I'm still working on a rotation.) Anyway, here is my short week:

MONDAY: Christmas Day, busy day, no time to workout

TUESDAY: Body Max (first part only)

WEDNESDAY: Step Jam and Body Max (last part)

THURSDAY: Step Max

FRIDAY: MIS (first half) and Mega Step Blast

SATURDAY: MIC and MIS (last half)

SUNDAY: This is my rest day, but maybe a yoga tape

I'm so glad I discovered Cathe this year. I have all but three of her video's, all the DVD's and I'm waiting for the PS series on DVD.

Have a Happy New Year everyone!!!

Bev

Happy New Millennium! Finally.

Kelly--you will be able to lift much more with PS than with either MIS or the CTX series.

I just started a PS rotation this week and it's going to take me a while to find the right weights again. I'm not up to what I could lift pre-surgery last February (poor little abs), but I was delighted to find my poundage about the same as this time last year.

The in-laws and houseguests are gone, just in time for me to start a new job this week. Whew! :-tired Thank goodness for videos--managed to squeeze in a few workouts during the past two weeks:

Week of 12/17
Monday: 10-10-10 warm-up and kickbox; KS kickbox last 15 min. of cardio; Power Circuit kickbox circuits & cool-down; CTX chest
Wednesday: Power Circuit warm-up and low impact; CTX back; Power Circuit planks & stretch
Thursday: snowshoeing near Winter Park (just figured out I did 6 miles--and with a good portion of that breaking trail! :eek: )
Friday: CTX shoulders and triceps

Week of 12/24
Tuesday: PS CST
Thursday: snowshoeing, 4 miles (glorious sunny Colorado day :-cool )
Saturday: PS B&B, CTX Kickbox

Didn't get any fitness-related Christmas gifts (unless perfume counts!) except for visiting with my dear friend who loves talking about fitness wear, etc. as much as I do. She's the first person (other than here at cathe.com) I've seen get as excited as me when the new *Muscle & Fitness Hers* comes out. My in-laws think I'm crazy, and don't understand why I always want to walk everywhere. :-rollen

Happy New Year, everybody!

:) Gretchen

Me too..

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-31-00 AT 02:51PM (Est)[/font][p]kelly, I'll jump in and say ditto on Lisa's post. I am more of a PS girl and have only done MIS once or twice??, but I remember it closer to a full body endurance and lifting less. PS is closer to gym style training with sets containing fewer reps and slower movements...letting you lift a tad heavier. The split up parts allow you to focus and lift more too.

http://publish.hometown.aol.com/naconfer/images/smfitnut2.jpg

Kelly

Ditto the others on PS vs MIS poundage. Give Millenium Stretch a few tries. The first few times, I was watching the clock towards the end. Now I try to use it each week after my endurance day - hiking or cycling. It really makes a difference - not just in immediate results but I'm much more flexible as I start the next week. I like Pilates for torso strength but Scott Cole does wonderful things for my legs.

Debra

Haven't had any routine the last couple of weeks & haven't recorded my workouts. Hate to share this, but it's been very warm here - 70's. Guess we want what we don't have, 'cause I'm envious of Gretchen's showshoeing. DH & I did a long bike ride Christmas Eve & I felt every cookie. Christmas, we went for a hike to use his new GPS. It'll take awhile to learn how to use all of its features. Had a houseguest this week & tried to make sure she could still walk when she left. She wasn't up for spinning but tried a Pilates class & did some hilly walking. Yesterday DH & I did a 47 mile ride. Felt much better - been eating healthier this week.

I am truly looking forward to the New Year. It's fun to indulge & relax for a few weeks, but I'm ready for some discipline. My shoulder is feeling good & I'm ready to do some more challenging weight work (good bye Kathy, hello Cathe!!!). Time to start training for a March century (biking) too!

Trevor, keep us posted on that little tax exemption. Glad to read that the storm missed you. And at least you fell on the safest part of your anatomy!

Happy New Year!!!
Debra

Hi Debra

You didn't happen to see my brother out there Christmas Eve did you?;-). Since he moved to California..he's a biking fool. He and his family spent Christmas up in LA. The family drove and he rode his bike from Poway. It was something like 120 miles??? He bailed on the last 20 because (he said) it was getting dark;-). Personally...I think he was pooped! LOL He has done quite a few centuries since he's been out there and I always think of you when he talks about them. Where is your March Century going to be?

Also, Scott did have plans to do more stretching videos:)...I'll be looking forward to them..hopefully he'll do a shorter version. Have you checked out Yoga for Athletes? It's more a stretch tape than Yoga tape. I probably should be spending a little more time closer to my stretch tapes;-).

http://members.aol.com/naconfer/images/smfitnut2.jpg

MAYBE!!!
Trevor: I thought also that with you beginning the thread that the baby had arrived. Funny thing, they come when they want to and not a minute sooner!!! ;-)

I had a phenominal Christmas and so much to be thankful for! We started Christmas early by adopting a kitten and a puppy! Oh -- it ties in --- is definitely fitness related. I've been "dogless" for the first time in my life for the last 3 mos.! We adopted the kitten and decided, since we have a cat, might as well make it a FULL house and get a dog again....

Sooooooo I have a new walking/flailing partner. I'll be only walking for awhile, but the urge to flail should return soon !!! I use to always walk my old dog, so this is a good thing for me. Gets me out in the air, the sun, (the cold -- which I DESPISE the cold and snow....) ... so all in all, it's a good thing!

Oh and I got a DVD player for Christmas and of course the 6 pack Xpress tapes and Cardio Hits. I'm slightly DVD-impaired and have been spending some time with the manual. I WILL CONQUER it!!!! I will be the winner over the DVD Player.

Ok, onto the week:

Monday: Walked the dog

Tues.: Walked the dog

Wed.: Walked the dog, Colleen's double bench class

Thurs: Walked the dog (are we seeing a pattern here?)

Friday: Walked the dog (10 p.m., gorgeous night, went 2 miles.... it was the DEFINITE calm before the storm!)

Sat.: Walked the dog/snow shovel workout (UGGGGGG ... have I mentioned how much I hate snow and cold?)

Sun: Walked 3 miles in the snow.... (No snow shoes... stuck to the wintery, somewhat plowed roads???), Then put in the new Cardio Hits DVD and just played around.. a little of this, a little of that.... Cathe always helps me out when I'm feelin' down. Did some Step Fit, did some Power Max, did some more Power Max, did some abs, did some cooldowns..... :-jumpy Wahhhhhhhhoooooooo --- I think I'm gonna be lovin' these DVD!

And NanC: isn't it great how the old classics are still FANTASTIC???;-)

Well, I'm back and hopefully on a WEEKLY basis. I'll try.

Till Next Week!
Cleda

GO FOR IT......

I say GO FOR IT NanC.....

Do some sort of cardio .....

Yes, I was the lune who did the whole PS Series last year on New Year's Eve, along with some cardio and a nice yoga stretch to finish off the year.....

Happy New Year!
Cleda

Cleda

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-31-00 AT 07:03PM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-31-00 AT 07:00 PM (Est)[/font] geesh:-tired...you would think I could get this right..and I haven't even opened the bubbly yet!

I saw you sneek in and post this..you got away before I could IM ya! Look for me late...I just might be doing a New Years workout...one for this year and one for next;-).

Old Classics = Us when we're 90 and still steppin' baby http://members.aol.com/naconfer/images/goofy.gif it won't be pretty..but who's gonna stop us;-)

http://members.aol.com/naconfer/images/smfitnut2.jpg

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.