Happily joining you all here!

AlisonK

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,

I'm so excited to be able to join you all on this board now that I am pregnant with my second child :) Without having seen a doctor yet it looks like Im about 5 weeks pregnant and due somewhere around June 4th 2002! My son who is 31/2 is sooooo excited to be a big brother.

We started trying not knowing how long it would take. It didn't take very long which is great. The only thing is I have lost weight but still have another 20-25 lbs to lose. I know I can't do that now but I do want to be as careful as possible to keep my weight gains to the lower end of the healthy range. Is there anyone out there who had a similar situation and was able to do this with workouts and healthy eating? I am so glad that Iam at least in much better shape this time. My first pregnancy I didn't exercise so Im excited for the opportunity to make this one much better. Anyway, it's so nice to have a place to come to share my good news! :)

Alison

Congratulations!

Thanks for sharing your great news! I am due in January with my first...a baby boy.

I hope you have a very healthy and enjoyable pregnancy and will check in with everyone here often. As far as the healthy eating and exercise goes...just listen to your body and do your very best. I have found it very challenging to watch what I eat...but enjoy the working out tremendously. Just continue to do what feels comfortable to you. Eventually, you'll find the moderations that work best for you.

I recently posted a list of workout tapes that I have found useful through my pregnancy. If you can't find it...let me know and I'll post it again.

Again...congratulations on your wonderful and exciting news!!!

Congratulations Alison!
A close friend of mine just told me that she is pregnant with her second child also - she's due June 1st and her daughter will be 3 1/4.
Best wishes for a wonderful pregnancy!
Erica

Hi Alison! You share my mom's name (same spelling). :)

My son will be 6 in Nov, and after an 85# weight gain during my preg with him, I had lost about 50# post preg (although I may have lost more fat than that, but I began weight training, so I've added a LOT of muscle to my frame).

Anyway, i kept holding off getting preg until I was "there," but I realized that could take forever. I approached this preg with the motivation that I wanted to be a fit, sexy mama, and i didn't want to look preg still 6 months after delivery! Now, believe me, I DO NOT deprive myself, but I always try to make the best food choices possible. While I might be tempted to reach for some starchy, sugary snack at night, I'll instead have a bowl of cream of wheat or a yogurt, string cheese, and milk. Basically, when I think of the baby's nutritional requirements, I know I really have no room for the crap... every calorie needs to be growing that little weed! i also aim for about a gallon of water a day, and when I do, I feel GREAT! No swelling (only the slight sweeling in my fingers I've had all along, but none in my feet, not bad for 6 months!).

As far as the workouts, listen to your body, but realize you are preg, not sick or disabled. Aim for consistent, regular workouts, but make sure the moves feel GOOD, and search through the archives here for modifcation tips as you progress. My friends can't believe how how I workout, but I feel fine. I'd feel worse if I didn't!

I have a GREAT doctor with whom I discussed my apprehension at knowing my weight gain, so he said I simply do not have to weigh in at my visits! YAHOOOOOO! This is helped me TREMENDOUSLY. I'm now 6 months, and I can wear many many of my clothes (the obvious jeans, etc., excluded). I just had to order maternity clothes the other day. I know my breasts have grown, but I think I'm also losing some excess fat everywhere else, so my bras still fit fine! YAHOOO!

My ultrasound says I'm having a girl, and my SIL is convinced it's a boy, b/c, as she says, I'm "all stomach," whereas my other SIL, pregnant witha girl as well, is "carrying all over." You know, with my son, I carried ALL OVER~ in my butt, legs, arms.... and it was from my overeating! If you look in a Fit Preg magazine, all the models are "all belly"~ of course we'll add some padding everywhere. It feels good to have people saying that about me... and I DO feel like a sexy mama this time around! :D

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Michelle in So Cal
due 1/6/02

Yeeeeeah!

Of course I'm not pregnant, Alison, but I wanted to congratulate you & let you know how excited I was to read this thread! Your attitude is great. Just hang in there and do the best you can. Thanks for sharing. Keep us posted!!!:7

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Congratulations!!! What wondeful news.

My advice is to keep doing what you've been doing. Listen to your body, eat when it's hungry, workout moderatly with as much modification as you need and allow yourself to enjoy your pregnancy :)

http://www.fitmomsonline.com/allisig1.gif
Mommy to Zachary, Jillian and Baby due February 24, 2002
...we're half way there :)

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all so much for the kind wishes and all the great thoughts and ideas! I have been reading alot of the past posts and you all seem so great and supportive to each other. I'm excited to have this board to come to during this pregnancy. I didn't even have a computer during my first one so this is so great.

Again thanks for the wishes and the advice! I will be joining you on the checkins now :)

Alison

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.