Hamstring injury

Krista D.

Hi! Hoping someone can give me some advice/ideas/tips. I tore my hamstring where the glute/hamstring tie in (not so bad that it needs surgery, thank goodness). So, my orthopedic told me no lunges, squats, running, jumping, leg press, leg curls, etc for the next month. He said the best thing for a lower body workout right now is walking in the pool along with some flutter kicking. I know I can do as much upper body/ab work as I want, but I don't know what else I could do for my lower body. Should I work the side that is not injured? Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how long did it take to recover? Any advice is greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

I injured the middle of my hamstring between the back of the knee and glutes. It took a good 4 months before it felt 100%, but the acute pain lessened in about 2 weeks. My doctor said to continue to exercise. He told me to just do what I can and stretch a lot. I walked, jogged, kickboxed , lifted weights and just modified if my hamstring bothered me. My advice would be to listen to what your doctor said. Maybe you could do some floorwork or barre work if that does not bother you. I wish you a speedy recovery!
Lorrie

Krista, it is good to follow your physician directives to ease the healing process. It will take some time but its better not to get hurt further.
Good Luck!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.