Gym Styles

rcsaros

Cathlete
For those that use the gym style workouts - do you do them in their entirety or do you use the timesaver premix? I am wondering as I am going into my 4th week of Meso 2 and would like to try gym style after it but only have about 45 minutes to workout. Would it be good to do the timesaver premix or do the entire workout skipping a set or two?

Thanks
Rhonda

I would do the full workout and skip a set or two. The premixes are a bit choppy, and unless you are prepared ahead of time, you end up scrambling for different weights. Also, the premix doesn't work me quite as hard as the full workout. I noticed too that the time shown on the DVD is off, at least for the Back, Shoulders & Biceps workout. The cover says it's 62 minutes but it's only 51 including warmup and cooldown.

I would do the entire workout and modify it to fit in your timeframe. I am not a huge fan of the premixes on those DVDs but I do love the full program.

I recently got all three Gym Style workouts, and I've done all three dvd's in their entirety and tried two premixes (Legs and Back/Shoulder/Biceps.) I agree that the premixes are choppy, I definitely prefer doing the whole thing. But time was short a couple times this week, and I tried to compensate for doing fewer sets by lifting heavier, so I still feel like I got a decent workout, but not as good as the whole workout.

So I agree with others, if time is short, try the whole workout with just skipping a few sets. Btw, I am loving all the Gym Style dvd's! I think I want to do them every week for a while.

Thanks everyone,
They are in my rotation for next week so I will try to do the whole workout. The upper body looks doable but the legs with it coming in at 60 or more minutes, I may have to cut something down.

Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.