Gym Style or Slow and Heavy after STS?

firmgrrrl

Cathlete
Hi all! This is my first post on here.

I have 2 more weeks of STS I absolutely adore lifting heavy and have gotten great results with STS and all of Cathe’s spin workouts <—— Love Love Love!❤️❤️❤️. In the last three months I have lost 11 pounds and and gained great definition and confidence!

I want to keep the heavy strength party going since it’s been working so well for me. What do you Cathe pros suggest....Gym Style or Slow and Heavy? Which workouts are more similar to STS?

Thanks!

I don't have STS, so not really qualified to answer your question here, but I do have both Gym Style workouts and Slow and Heavy, I would recommend Gym Styles (although both are great). I just think Cathe and the crew look so fantastic in the Gym Style workouts that that alone is so motivating...

Great choices for an STS follow-up. :) My vote would be to do one program for 3 weeks, take an active recovery week, then do the other for 3 weeks. If I remember correctly, Cathe suggests that Slow and Heavy be done for about 3 weeks at a time.

Cathe also has Pyramid Lower & Upper Body which is a tough endurance based workout designed to do for about 3 weeks. So it could be done month one (like the STS Meso 1), with Gym Style as your month 2 hypertropy choice, and Slow and Heavy as your month 3 strength building choice. ...just an idea.

Another choice I might recommend - the Burn Set workouts from XTrain. They are designed for 75 - 80% of your 1RM and go to failure. One of my absolute favs.

And of course there are lots of total body heavy lifting workouts to sprinkle in - STS Total Body, Muscle Max, Supersets & Push Pull and even the oldie but goodie, Power Hour (although you may want to go heavier than Cathe on that one).

Have fun!

Great choices for an STS follow-up. :) My vote would be to do one program for 3 weeks, take an active recovery week, then do the other for 3 weeks. If I remember correctly, Cathe suggests that Slow and Heavy be done for about 3 weeks at a time.

Cathe also has Pyramid Lower & Upper Body which is a tough endurance based workout designed to do for about 3 weeks. So it could be done month one (like the STS Meso 1), with Gym Style as your month 2 hypertropy choice, and Slow and Heavy as your month 3 strength building choice. ...just an idea.

Another choice I might recommend - the Burn Set workouts from XTrain. They are designed for 75 - 80% of your 1RM and go to failure. One of my absolute favs.

And of course there are lots of total body heavy lifting workouts to sprinkle in - STS Total Body, Muscle Max, Supersets & Push Pull and even the oldie but goodie, Power Hour (although you may want to go heavier than Cathe on that one).

Have fun!
THESE ARE AWESOME SUGGESTIONS!!!!!!

Have fun!

Hi Jane, just want to let you know that by answering someone else's post, you just gave me a great program to do. You suggested - The Pyramid Lower & Upper Body - Month 1; Gym Style - Month 2; Slow & Heavy - Month 3. Thank you so much for that suggestion - I love it. :)

And let's not forget the incredible, heavy weights upper body lifting program included in RWH! Pair this with the plyo leg work from RWH for total body program. You could do 3 weeks of this right after Gym Styles.

Clare

Great suggestions above. With that said, I think I would go with Slow and Heavy first as it is more different from STS 1 than Gym Styles is. So it will be different for your muscles. Gym Styles is very similar in style to STS Meso 1.

whenever I spend a week doing slow & heavy - my muscles respond quickly as it's such a shock to them. that said, the workouts are very slow indeed. so, if you want some quick definition - try them out.

For those that may be doing this rotation, which I love by the way, I was thinking of doing gym style first, what would you suggest afterwards: show and heavy and then the pyramids or vice versa? Also if doing the pyramid am I working each workout once or twice per week, since the upper body is all in one?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.