Gym Style on 1 DVD or 3 Seperate DVD

Gym Style on 1 DVD or 3 Seperate DVD

• Total voters
>I read a post that SNM wanted some feedback on how they
>should do this before final decision.

Sorry I misread SNM on a different subject and couldn't edit but still want to know what everyone wants:)

I love the versitility of workouts on the Slow Heavy DVD. I'm so spoiled that I can't imagine it any other way. I know it is just a matter of switching DVD's but it is so handy to plop in one DVD and decide in what order you want to do the weight work.

On a side note, I did not have any problems whatsoever with the Intensity nor the Body Blast Series. While there were those that had some major problems, mine just had the normal nano second freeze frame from one space to another. I agree with SNM that some thought this to be a major glich.

I have mixed feelings on the rest of the workouts being on a single disk or have premixes. I like the feel of the P90X single disk workouts and yet I do love the mix and match and the ability to choose parts of two different workouts one disk.

Perhaps Body Blast was a bit of overkill. The Intensity Series is just right. In fact, I think that series should go in the Hall of Fame of all workouts. :7

There is no way one will please everyone equally, but maybe there is a neutral ground. Perhaps if the right two workouts went with the one disk, at least the majority would be happy, suppose?

I lobbied for a new workout system under one roof. So I'm just tickled pink to have the 11 new DVD's. and Yet, speaking of 'new'... I agree with KathyH, that it would be wonderful to have some 'different' moves especially in the leg workouts. Different from the same lunges and leg presses.

( I don't know how to set up polls...Barbara do you suppose you could set up another one or two? One about what workouts on a DVD and one to lobby for some other moves to go with leg workouts? LOL )

I voted to have them seperate as I would rather all of the workouts play on my player. I think that the Body Blast series were 'too full' and so many of those didn't end up working on my player. I'd much rather mix and match on my own than have a bunch of premixes that won't even play on my Sony. But that's just me.

I don't think there would be a problem with just putting the 3 workouts on one DVD like SH & PS. I think the problems came up with some of the more advanced technology with the Blast series. Even with the Intensity Series I don't recall any problems. If they come out on 3 separate I still may get the series but trade these and get PS instead. Maybe it is old but I really prefer all the strength on 1 DVD.

I voted for all on 1 dvd just because the fact is now this is just IMO why would someone want to order a 2 body part dvd and just have them all on 1 dvd and for me do them in different order the way you want too, just a thought.

Hi Wanda!! it's really easy to set up a poll. All you do is instead of clicking of post just click on the poll and it will take you from there.

If the new series was done like the Intensity Series that would be alright with me. I think the BodyBlast although the intentions were good was a bit of an overkill. 2 or 3 premixes per 1 workout is a plenty.

JMO

(I will buy either way)

Kim

I'd like to see these workouts on one DVD. If so, then hopefully the price would be similar to the pricing of PS & S&H.

Crystal

>I don't think there would be a problem with just putting the
>3 workouts on one DVD like SH & PS. I think the problems came
>up with some of the more advanced technology with the Blast
>series. Even with the Intensity Series I don't recall any
>problems. If they come out on 3 separate I still may get the
>series but trade these and get PS instead. Maybe it is old
>but I really prefer all the strength on 1 DVD.

I agree with all you've said. The problems with the DVD's seemed to crop up with the Body Blast series. PS and Slow and Heavy were fine. We don't even need premixes (which were way overdone in BB, IMO), besides, you'd never be able to come up with as many premixes as ways to combine the different segments through programming (either with the DVD players programming function, or the Mix and Match feature). Having the three workouts on one DVD, with good (but not excessive--and by that, I mean that the preparation, the actual move, and the stretch after the move do not have to be separate chapters!) chapters would be a workable compromise, IMO.

I'd like them all on one DVD as well..I don't need premixes, personally I never do them. I love how S&H is set up and would be thrilled if the Gym workouts would be similar.

I vote for 1 DVD. It's hard to justify the price of a DVD with a couple body parts on it. I, too, like the way PS and S&H are set up.:)

My vote would be to have all three on one DVD with at least a total body pre-mix (or two) that would be in the hour range and a couple pre-mixes that would form a 2 day split. That would need no more than three pre-mixes, and make things so that just about everyone could get something from them.

For a max, I would guess that you could probably get 3 decent 45 min- 1 hour total body wo's and 2 different longer 2 day splits, and even that would only be 7 pre-mixes.

Anyway- I absolutely love your pre-mixes and haven't used the workout blender yet (sorry about that but the pre-mixes are so easy I never beeded the blender). I'm waiting till you decide about pre-mixes before ordering because it makes a big difference to me.

All gym training on 1 DVD with a total body and total upper body premix would be just the best. I would be sooooooooooo excited!!!

>My vote would be to have all three on one DVD with at least a
>total body pre-mix (or two) that would be in the hour range
>and a couple pre-mixes that would form a 2 day split. That
>would need no more than three pre-mixes, and make things so
>that just about everyone could get something from them.

I agree, this would really be ideal. I most often do hour long lift sessions, but also like 2 days splits. Not as crazy about 3 days splits. I'd be thrilled with these premix suggestions.

Lisa

>My vote would be to have all three on one DVD with at least a
>total body pre-mix (or two) that would be in the hour range
>and a couple pre-mixes that would form a 2 day split. That
>would need no more than three pre-mixes, and make things so
>that just about everyone could get something from them.
>
>For a max, I would guess that you could probably get 3 decent
>45 min- 1 hour total body wo's and 2 different longer 2 day
>splits, and even that would only be 7 pre-mixes.
>
>Anyway- I absolutely love your pre-mixes and haven't used the
>workout blender yet (sorry about that but the pre-mixes are so
>easy I never beeded the blender). I'm waiting till you decide
>about pre-mixes before ordering because it makes a big
>difference to me.

this is exactly what i was going to say

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.