Guns, Guts and Glutes...

burritamcdoo

I don't often post, but I just had to rave about Mindy Mylrea's new Guns, Guts and Glutes! I stumbled across it while ordering a couple of workouts from Mary at Total Fitness - somehow this one sneaked in under the radar. I have quite a few of Mindy's other workouts, and I really enjoy them, so I thought, 'what the heck, it looks pretty good' and ordered it. I did only half of the workout this morning (stability ball and tubing) and I actually had to pause the workout to rest before I could continue - holey moley, what that woman can do with a stability ball! And in true Mindy style, she pleasantly chit chats through the entire workout (but not over the top like she can be!), making it seem deceptively easy and then whammo, you're crying for mercy. Mind you, I am a true Cathe fan, I've completed STS three times, P90X multiple times, Butts and Guts, Gym Styles, etc. and this fried my legs as much if not more than any of them! Her background person is her son, who shows many modifications throughout the workouts. It truly was a pleasant surprise, so I just wanted to share that with all of you...

Have a wonderful day everyone,
Karen

Glad to see an early review of this one, it just arrived in my mail today. Looking forward to it, and the other equipment needed is a med ball or other weighted ball.

Karen:
what degree of resistance are you using on your tubing? I am not sure which to purchase....

Clare

Hey all -

I have a red resistance tube, and a yellow figure 8 tube, but I modified most of the moves with a green Cathe resistance band. You might have to play around with the configurations a bit, but I was able to get most of the moves to work with the band.

That said, my favorite chapter on this DVD is the stability ball section - it's deceptively difficult, and like I said earlier, and I had to pause a couple of times to let my muscles 'thaw out' a bit. I also enjoyed the banter between Mindy and her son Chris...he's a cutie. Overall, I think you will not be disappointed with this purchase.

Let me know what you think!

Karen

OK, good to know, thanks Karen.

I think I'll plan on working this one in to my weekend schedule and I'll come back and let you know how much it hurt!

Clare

Well thanks to this post I just ordered both this DVD and Mindy's All Out Cardio. This one sounded really interesting. Here's the description:
All Out Cardio provides 3 complete workouts and 3 amazing interval bursts to mix and match to create new workouts each time you pop in this DVD.

With over 2 hours of amazing cardio mix and match options, you will experience Cardio Kick (Cardio Kickbox), Cardio Strong (Cardio with Medicine Ball), Cardio Jump (Cardio with or without a Ropeless Jumprope), and Cardio Intervals (Slamdunk Cardio Intervals).

This amazing ever changing workout will keep you challenged and coming back for more!

Has anyone tried this one? I hope it's good!

Pam

Sorry, no, I don't know anything about it and couldn't find it on Collage or clips of it anywhere, so I was reluctant to spend more. What I was interested in with the GGG DVD was the combo of strength and balance work, that's what makes it so difficult. It's the sort of work used in rehab and to prevent injury and I keep being plagued with injuries fro running, so this mattered to me.

But, please review it and let us know what you think. I have always liked Mindy's down to earth personality, no-nonsense attitude, voice that doesn't irritate and general all round sportiness!

Clare

I love Mindy and have been looking at the glutes one but my interest peaked about the other one so I went to her website:

http://www.fitflixpro.com/

Found that other one and best of boot camp which is also new. Good news they are all on sale for $14.95 from $19.95. Her Workout and Best of Bosu were excellent. I'll post how I found them when I get them!

Laura

Hi, I was wondering where it was you ordered Mindy's All-Out Cardio I can't find it or any video to preview of it anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, a lot of Mindy's dvds do not have clips. I also found the shipping on her website to be costly!

Unfortunately, a lot of Mindy's dvds do not have clips. I also found the shipping on her website to be costly!

Really? I paid eight dollars shipping to Canada for three dvds. I paid almost 10 dollars for my new Cathe ones that are coming. Collage also has a clip of her glutes video.

Laura

I just thought that $10 for four dvds is a lot especially since so many places give free shipping if your order is over a certain amount.

I also would like clips of the new ones, excluding BBg, as well as the gliding ones.

Well, I got BGG last night and did the stability part this morning...holy moly, it was a good workout. I wanted to do the medicine ball routine, but my medicine ball is 8 lbs...and I was afraid it would be too heavy (knowing Mindy).

Has anyone done the medicine ball workout on BGG yet? What weight was your medicine ball?

And I am now dying to see her new cardio one that was mentioned in a previous post. I tried to find the clips for her new workouts but didn't find them on Totalfitnessdvd...can someone post the link? I really want to check it out.

Also, has anyone done any of her gliding workouts? I am really interested in trying that as well. My knee is bothering me and I thought the gliding workouts might be a good way to switch things up.

thanks for starting this thread and for all the posts!

Thanks, Clare!!!

Oh. My. Goodness...both of those look awesome and tough. I think I am going to have to get them. (All Out Cardio and Gliding Extreme) Wow, I can't believe what she can do and talk through it all.

I just went to Sears to get a 4 lb soft medicine ball...I asked about the furniture movers but they only had tiny ones. I will go to the hardware store tomorrow to see if they have the larger furniture movers.

Can't wait to hear peoples reviews of All out Cardio....

thanks again,

sarah

Had to resurrect this thread once more to say I’ve been happily enabled. I received GGG just before the holidays and finally did the stability ball portion for the first time today. Love the balance and strength challenge as Clare mentioned and the opportunity to get more use out of these pieces of equipment. Great WO...thanks for sharing! I look forward to trying the other two segments alone and in combination. Good stuff!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.