Guess what I can do?

getnfit@38

Cathlete
Okay~this will probably be the STUPIDEST post I've ever made, but I am tickled to death about it so....

This morning after my Imax workout and shower I'm standing in the mirror flexing and generally just checking myself out, and for whatever reason, I decided to try for the umpteenth time to pop my pecs, AND I DID IT! :) I can pop them from side to side like you see the guys do!
Clearly this would have been more impressive if my boobs were perkier, but at the moment I didn't care! I was so tickled I called hubby on his cell phone to tell him and he just chuckled in the phone and said, "that's wonderful sweetie!"
You guys are 2nd to know! :)

Anyone else do anything special?

Donna
Fitness~ it's a journey, not a race!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-02 AT 01:32PM (Est)[/font][p]Good for you Donna :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy

I can do full body pushups yeah I have never in my life been able to do them before (I will admit that for most of my life I didn't have a need to). I can only 2 sets of 8 reps.

Oh and before I forget yesterday I did 2 sets of planks on my elbow holding for a count of 30 and one full body for a count of 50 (I don't even try to copy Cathe during planks) and I felt that I could have gone much longer.

:-jumpy for me (edited sick jumpy)

Babs

Enjoyed your accomplishment Donna! My husband is jealous 'cause I can visibly flex my pecs and he never could. Now I have to go see if I can do this side-to-side thing you're talking about. Oh, the crazy things we do.... --Karen

Hmmmmm, not sure I WANT to KNOW if I can do that? LOL! I'll try tonight with the door locked! :7 I'll have to think on what I can do that is SPECIAL! MY DH thinks I am incredible when I can do the "straight legs up in the air" reverse crunches, BUT, that is ONLY because he can't. Does that count???

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Well, I've built my glute muscles to the point where I can hold a pencil between my butt cheecks when I'm relaxed ;-)

Kathryn..............

Thank goodness I wasn't drinking anything when I just read this post! :)
Kathryn, I almost pee'd laughing so hard at your "accomplishment!"

Donna

Alright Donna!!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-02 AT 07:41PM (Est)[/font][p]Hey Donna!!

that is so cool..I know you are proud and fired up !!! :-wow i wish i could say i can do something special.. but all i can do with my boobs is make slapping noises when i run without a bra.. oh well.;-) .. one day i will do that pec trick

see yall later.. off to kill myself doing Circuit Max

GO DONNA! :)

Oh my gosh I'm LMAO reading this thread!

Oh - and Kandykane, I just "flapped" my way through Circuit Max too!

Donna - you little PecQueen, you!

I think one of my secret smug delights is a strange one: during my sedentary overfat-undermuscled days, I had these little pockets of flesh directly underneath my underarms in front, that made me look absolutely ridiculous in a swimsuit or a tank top or what have you. Since discovering for good the ongoing benefits of exercise, especially a workable combination of cardio and strength, those stupid little pockets have gone away for good. That's more of an aesthetic thing that a performance thing like you've experienced, but d@mn if I don't know exactly what you mean!

A-jock

Annette................

You have just so made my day! :)

I have those little "pocket things" too and I've been praying that as I continue to lose weight/fat from these "need a sand blaster to get rid of" locations on my body that they will hopefully go away someday! It's so disappointing some days to be flexing in the mirror and there they go, like they're laughing at me, but I always remind myself that I still have many pounds to go, and that since I've lost in most of the obvious areas, I'm now draining the little less obvious areas like my under arms, inner thighs, etc., so I just have to be patient and wait it out/burn it off! :)
But you've given me hope!

Donna

RE: Hi Annette and Donna.......

I have those little pocket things as well - I hate them, though they have improved since doing Cathe. They are one of the reasons why I NEVER wear strappy tops :'(

Anna :)

OK...

As long as we're sharing achievements of a personal nature, I'm not sure how one goes about "popping their pecs," but I'm proud to say that I'm seeing nice curvature over the tops of my size B bra cups and muscle tone in the pecs where there used to be nothing but skin and bone.

Thanks goes to SH Chest and Back, PS CST and my new personal fave: CTX UB. Woo hoo!

Angela

P.S. Umm, haven't tried to hold a pencil anywhere but in the usual spot.

RE: OK...

OOOOHHH...Way to go Donna!!!

Yes, I can flex my pecs as well. However, I have this big annoying DD boob on top of it so my boob just kinda "twiches", and then I know it is my pec doing the work!!:)

The day I can do atleast 10 full man style pushups will be the only day in which I feel a fitness accomplishment. I do not understand why I can bench almost my body weight yet I still cannot do even 2 full man pushups....anyone know why???

Your post was very funny Donna. I always enjoy your commentary....

Janice

RE: OK...

This whole pushups vs. bench pressing thing is a total mystery to me. I can do a lot of man pushups but can't bench press very much weight. I remember the first time I tried weight lifting about a year ago, I thought I'd be able to bench a lot of weight because of the pushups, but 45 lbs had me SO SORE for days and days afterwords. BUT, on the other hand, the other week I worked my chest really hard, then went to my tae kwon do class the next night where they made us do 65 man pushups (not that all 65 were as good as the first few sets) and I literally fell on my face trying to do the last 5 because my chest muscles just gave out. I've never fallen on my face before! So the two must be related somehow...

Jill

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.