GS Legs

berry99

Cathlete
So, I think that I am pathetic. I have been doing a GS rotation for 3 weeks now. I just did GS legs this morning and was planning on doing 30 min of step afterwards for a little cardio. I had to stop the DVD after 10 min because my legs would not do anything. It was like they weren't connected to my body. This happened after the first time I did this workout, but I thought by now I would at least be more functional afterwards. What have your experiences been? Maybe I should just give up on cardio after GS legs and just add it after the upper body workouts. Any advice is appreciated :) .

Karin

Karin,

I am extremely endurance oriented and could do cardio all day, but never AFTER a leg workout. I just cry! I can do the cardio first and then the leg/weight w/o.

Cardio first then GS legs. I do KPC first and the GS legs (standing work only) and let me tell you my legs are on fire for at least 2 days after. IMO stretch after the workout a lot and drink a lot of water and plan on having some DOMS for a few days, but keep the legs moving to help the blood flow.

Never tried that... but the other day I did do the standing portion of GS Legs, then 30 minutes on the treadmill, and then the floor portion. That actually worked great because my legs were able to thaw a little and give more to the floor work.

Just a thought.

Nancy

I once did Pyramid Legs and then tried to do the first 4 intervals of Low Max afterwards. I barely made it through the workout - my legs were shaking and I felt like I was going to fall flat on my face!

Heather

I think I COULD do cardio before or (maybe) after an intense leg workout, but I don't. The dread factor for me would be huge. Also, I like to give everything I've got to the strength workout, leaving nothing for cardio (or walking across the room! :p )
Ruth

Ruth, I think am in agreement with you. When I made up my rotation I was scared that I wasn't getting enough cardio, but it seems that if I did do cardio I wouldn't be able to give it my all to the leg workout. Then it is just a big waste of time. I think that next week I am going to add on a Core Max segment after GS legs and call it good. After all, our poor legs can only handle so much :) .

Karin

Hi Karin,
Funny you should say that because I've started a new rotation with my main emphasis on the abs/core & the only way I could work it out time-wise was to add a core workout onto my leg workout...I've never added anything onto my leg workout so was a bit worried, but it was ok.
This thread reminded me of the first week I ever did a Cathe leg workout (MIS)...it was also the first leg workout I had done in...oh, pretty much ever. I truly could barely walk, and you should have seen my attempts to sit on the john!
DH thought it was the funniest thing he ever saw. He doesn't laugh anymore though.;-)
Ruth

I am the same way, I have the worst time adding anything on to a leg workout (except maybe abs). I've tried to do even easy cardio and my legs just feel like jell-o.
You should see me trying to go upstairs immediately after doing gym style legs or leaner legs. It is not a pretty sight.

Oh, tell me about it. After a leg workout I just sit and stare at the stairs up from the basement. When I finally reach the top of those, I have to crawl up the next set of stairs to get to my bathroom for a shower.x(

But then DH makes a comment about how great the old legs are looking, and next time - I do it all over again.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.