Ashley Boy due May 10
lateeda Girl due Aug 10
Courts3 due Aug?
Cee(dragonf1y) due Sep 2
Heidisue due Sep 6
Marie(mfv3) due Oct 10
Cindy(lifeisgood) due Oct 14
MissyP due Oct 30

So I had a sick kid and got no workouts in this past week. I am trying to just grab my dumbells and work for about a minute at a time throughout the day instead of trying to find an hour straight. I am going to pick a muscle group each day to try and get it thoroughly.
I hope all of you had a wonderful Easter and are ready to let me know the great workouts you are planning this week as well as your exciting pregnancy progress.

Cee- Hope your child is feeling better! Great call on trying to do minutes of working out throughout the day....gets the workout in and keeps that metabolism firing :)

Well I had an exciting day. My sister who lives in Colorado Springs is also pregnant. Well was pregnant...she had her baby today...on her due date!!!! I'm so excited! It's their first and it was a girl :) I'm an Aunty :)

In workout related news...I did Turbo Barre today. It's the second time I've done it. This time was harder for me than the last. Hoping for some major DOMS tomorrow. I would classify it as mostly a leg day although there is some upper body too. Yesterday was AT...that one gets me every time...the first half is so hard, especially now with baby!

This past Fri and Sat I worked 7-3pm so I didn't get my workouts in. I am way too tired after I get home. My Easter was a double at work 7am to 11:30pm. Have to take advantage now because after the baby comes I know I won't be wanting to pick up any shifts.

I'm 14 weeks tomorrow. I am feeling better but sometimes still gag at certain smells. Driving makes me pretty sick. Last night on the way home I puked all over myself and the front window. That was rough. I have to pull over at a gas station to clean it up. Sorry I hope that is not too many details. I'm just glad I have been able to workout and eat more of a variety.

Well almost done with work so I better go give report to the overnight nurses.

Marie

Marie - so sorry to hear about the other night. I despise puking and a messy clean up somehow makes it worse. I hope you feel much better as you move into your 2nd trimester.

Cindy - we would love to hear how your ultrasound went on Monday.

My kiddo is feeling much better. I am back to walking in the sunshine and grabbing a couple of exercises when I have time. Got some good tricep work in Monday and back work Tuesday. Nothing today, but tomorrow I am going to work chest.

Sorry I've been MIA, it's been a busy week with work and everything else. At the ultrasound I was measuring at 14 weeks so my due date has changed to October 8th. The baby looked great, no fibroids in my uterus to cause me measuring big so all is well. Tuesday I was out with my husband since he had a vasectomy, he's been a bit miserable from it and I've felt bad for him all week. And we're officially done with this one :)

I've been on track with food, getting myself back down to where I was before Easter, and I've gotten a couple workouts in. The one on Sunday had my calves burning for days. The embarrassing part is that it was the Kinect Nickelodeon Dance game that we did for an hour! This weekend I plan to get some workouts in, I was hoping that Cathe would be posting her Road Trip workouts this weekend so I'll have to look and see if she will.

Cee - I'm glad your kid is feeling better, I've been enjoying our sunshine also.

Marie - Congrats auntie! How nice to have a cousin that will be so close in age. So sorry about getting sick, that sounds miserable! I hope you're over that stage soon.

Cindy

Cindy- We are 2 days apart now :) Glad to hear everything went well with baby but hope your husband feels better soon!

I have burning calves too...major DOMS right now! Sounds like you got yours from a fun workout haha!

I too am hoping Cathe keeps us posted with the workouts. I have RT envy right now!

Marie

Marie - 2 days apart is crazy! If this is like my prior two pregnancies then I'll go early, my son was early at 35.5 weeks (my placenta had failed so my amniotic fluid was extremely low) and my daughter was right at 36 weeks. Since this pregnancy isn't like my other two maybe I'll go closer to term.

Had a nice weekend, we got in a nice walk to a park on Saturday and then Sunday it was just chores around the house. At least they're done and all of my laundry is put away :)

Cindy

Hi ladies! I would like to add myself to that role call list. :)

My name is Courtney Little and I'm due for sometime around December 18th. This is our second child, my son Sage will be 7 in July. I did have a misscarriage in December 2011 at 11 weeks. This pregnancy feels much different (better) though, so I have high hopes. :)

I have been a die-hard Cathe fan for over 6 years now and looking forward to exercising as much as possible through out this pregnancy. I am 3 weeks into recovering from a bicycling accident, so will have to modify any shoulder/upper body workouts for another 3 weeks. I tore the ligaments that connect my left clavicle to the shoulder. Should only take 6 weeks to heal, but I've already started back in with step workouts and light runs.

Any suggestions on workout DVD's? Also recommendations on modifications for exercises as the pregancy progresses?

I like the idea of a support group of other pregnant mommies. How fun!
I hope all is well with you all and your growing bellies!

Courtney

Welcome Courtney & congrats!

This is my fourth pregnancy after having a miscarriage a year ago and it's more nerve wracking than my prior two! Glad you're feeling :)

I've been enjoying KickMax and her new low impact series is great right now. Still gets me sweating but the impact isn't there, jumps make me pee so I try to avoid them! I have Athletic Training and Afterburn, some of the moves won't work later on but I'll modify as needed.

Cindy

Hi Ladies,
I hope I don't miss you all, being Friday afternoon.
I have been feeling so good lately!! I am 22 weeks so far, only 18 left to go. It is so hot here in Texas that I try to stay indoors and do DVD workouts rather than walking. Yesterday I was able to do Legs and Glutes with light weights and it felt great! I sometimes worry about my heart rate going up to high but would pause the DVD to let it down a little. I really want to tone my legs and arms before having this baby just so recovery is faster. Not sure what upper body DVD's to do? A lot have you laying on your back. Any recomend?

This past few days have been busy with potty training my newly 3 year old. She is so.... strong willed. It's been tough. Wish me luck!! I am not turning back now!

Marie- so sorry you threw up in the car!! I would carry a bucket in the passenger seat just in case. Now that the 1st trimester is over for me, I feel better. Hoping you will too.

Cindy- You are working hard! Good job girl!! I want to try AT but it scares me!!

Courtney-Hope this pregnancy goes smoothly for you. Like the others said, the lower impact DVDs are awesome. I did do L&G the other day which I used lighter weights and lowered the high step one when I felt my heart rate going up to high. It feels good to be working hard again. I missed it since I was so sick the 1st trimester. Let me know what workouts you do. To me, choosing which one is the hardest part!! so it helps me when I see what you all are doing.

Cee- How do you work upper body with out laying flat on the floor?

Hope I didn't miss anyone, ya'll have a wonderful weekend. I am hoping to go swimming but the water may be a tad too cold still.
Heidi

Hi Heidi-

Glad to hear everything is going well for you! It's been pretty warm in MN too so I try and opt for a Cathe DVD in my cool basement. Do you have High Reps....I really like that one for lifting. Also Butts and Guts.....there are some exercises lying on your back towards the end so you would have to modify those. I'll have to explore that when I get to 20 weeks. Let me know if you come up with some good modifications. I like your thinking on getting legs and arms nice and toned to make recovery easier. I'm with you there!!!

Good call on getting your 3yo potty trained before the baby come. Keep up the good work.

I like your idea about the bucket :) Thankfully I have been better lately. I used to suck on preggie pops (sour candy at Babies R Us or most maternity stores that helps relieve nausea), but lately I haven't had too.

I didn't workout yesterday. I worked day shift. Before I was pregnant I used to be motivated and get up and workout before I had to leave the house at 6am but that doesn't happen anymore. Today I am working a double (6am-11:30pm)...call me crazy, yes I am, but gotta save for those diapers :) On break this afternoon I walked stairs for 20 min and worked up a nice sweat. My evening break will more than likely consist of a nap :)

Keep in touch :)

Marie

Thank you ladies! :)

Marie, how long are you planning on working? My best friend here in Beligum is due May 28th and will work through the end of this week. (She has 2 year old twins at home, so I'm not sure if it's much of a break from work!) I'm glad you're feeling better!

Heidi, thank you! I did hardcore extreme this morning, the one with imax 3 intervals and kickmax challenge and leg drills. I modified some of the higher impact exercises when necessary, but was pretty happy with the workout overall.

There is a great book "Fit to Deliver" that give all kinds of information about exercise during pregnancy. It suggests to limit lying on the back to 30 seconds after the first trimester. Another option is to use a stability ball, or a step set on an angle.

Cindy, :) I find myself anxious about having another misscarriage. How far along are you on this pregnancy? And if you don't mind me asking, how far along were you when your misscarriage happened last time? Have you already passed that point now? Has it helped with your nerves? I have my first ultrasound tuesday. Since in my last pregnancy, the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks, I'm hoping that if everything is ok now, that I'm past the worst of it. Any ideas?

Thank you all ladies! It's great to know that there are other mothers out there that enjoy exercising and find it as important as I do. :)
Have a wonderful week!

Courtney

I was bad this morning! I was craving donuts which I never usually buy but caved today. And the lady who worked there was asking me about my kids and when I told her I was expecting (can't believe she didn't notice my bump) she threw in a handful of donut holes!! Yummy!!! She totally made my day but... I will definitely be exercising today just so I don't feel so guilty!

Yesterday I tried High reps (Thank you Marie) but didn't quite have an hour so I did the lower body premix and today will do the upper body premix. Kind of tricky with the ab work. I did some planks in stead. I do have a medicine ball so will have to play with that. I was super tired at the end of the day yesterday, my allergies are horrible right now and I'm sure thats a big part of it. Hopefully I can get to bed early tonight (and sleep well). My nose is so plugged I can't breath. Moving around will help.

Courtney- I am checking my library to see if they have that book. I am sure amazon has it also. I love to read up on that stuff just to play it safe. Thanks for the referral. You are motivating for me to keep my workouts consistant. Thanks.

Marie- Glad you are taking naps sometimes. Gotta enjoy those before the baby comes!! I think its great you are finding time at work to fit in exercise (walking up the stairs for 20 min). Hope you are feeling better each day.

Hope to hear from the rest of you soon. Keep up your workouts.
Heidi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.