Greatful for this forum

bjbowers

Cathlete
Just wanted to say that I am so glad that I found this place...I don't know too many people as into fitness in my world and my friends think I'm crazy/obsessed with working out because I like to workout so much. If I am a little addicted, it's an addiction I am proud of!

I don't overdo it, I just take it seriously. I've had a stressful weekend with not much chance to workout, and the only thing I'm looking forward to is PLB in a couple hours, then a long run, and reading this website during free moments here at work!

I could have written the first part of your post-that is exactly how I feel.

Noone around me is into fitness either-let alone workout videos so they all think I'm crazy and obsessed. For me too, it is so much fun. It's great to have people here who not only share my interests but inspire me to push myself as well as give me advice on so many things, not just health and Cathe.

Wendy

Since I workout at home 99% of the time, I rarely meet others who share the same fitness interests. Most of my colleagues at work and all my friends are not interested in a healthy lifestyle either. And I never talk about it with them (unless asked) because I don't want them to feel bad about themselves. The message boards here and at weight watchers are my lifeline. I mostly lurk at both places but will chime in on occasion!

Spot on girls!

I may have 3 like minded fitness people I know, out of about 20-30 work related and neighbour related people around me . Shocking really.

I can definatly relate MORE to the fantastic people on this forum than any where eles. My Gym is a very friendly place and of course we are all like minded there, but its not a place where you vent about your day, your problems, or ask any question like you can here.

Infact the information I have read on this forum reguards to weights or weight loss, I have NEVER found in the Gym! and IM paying for a Gym membership!

If it wasnt for the fact that I enjoy "group fitness" occasionaly, I really wouldnt bother with the Gym at all............just DVDs, and this forum of course

Marion

:)

I completely agree! i love being able to discuss health and fitness and life in general with all of you and i think this forum and the support system i have found here is the major reason i have stuck with it and been diligent these last almost 3 months! you are all fabulous!!

jes

I love it!!!!!!!!!!

The closet person that I know who is as into fitness as I am lives in Plano Texas and I'm in NC. The other thing that really bothers me is that EVERY time I mention to my mother that I'm not feeling well she always says , "you're exercising too much" (can you believe that!?!)

I love getting online and seeing you guys working your "butts" off and putting me to shame...so that I get motivated to do the best that I can do!!

I Love this forum too . I dont really know anybody but you people when it comes to working out . I really have No support here at home .Its been a year on Friday ,My hubby and boys just think I'm crazy..I have to say though that after a year ,i wish my hubby would at least join me in the sence of ...well Quiting Smoking ... He wakes up while I'm working out ,in the living room ,and stands in the door way smoking ,like 3 smokes "To Wake Up "Oh the cig is out the window LOL "No smoking "in the house . I'm so glad I wake up to a sweat instead . I quit smoking 9 years ago and lucky I only smoked for the first year we were together !!I'm down 48 pounds ,I cant believe he cant tell what a differance a life style change can Do for a person ... ummm I wonder if we are growing apart sometimes.Ok now I'm babbling ,More later LOL :) :) :) . Thanks for being my friends . Mary

And everyone here are so glad have you have joined us Mary, and thank you for being "our" friend.

Congradulations on your weight loss...........48 pounds is sooooo fantastic and to have stopped smoking, when you still have a smoker in the house, must have also been hard, so you ROCK Mary.

Dont worry about your DH. Most of us can relate very well to having non working out DHs and have basically given up on the converting. IT ISNT GOING TO HAPPEN

It s all about YOU! YOU! and YOU! Mary, so keep on ROCKING and taking care of yourself, and of course, talking to us here. We're behind you every step of the way.

Marion

:)

Ditto to everything you have all said. I love this forum, it's the first i check in the morning, and the last before bed, and a couple hundred times in between :)

Hi Everyone,
I'm bran spankin new today, and I already feel warmth from all of you. I will check in tomorrow to see how everyone is doing. Goodnite, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite.
Janie

Mary-

I have to chime in to agree with Marion. Big congratulations on your major accomplishments! And I think it's true that many of us have husbands who aren't as passionate as we are. My DH has what I consider to be an awful diet, but I've learned that there is no changing him. Obesity is a way of life for my DH, and I can't stand the thought of losing him. I was so obsessed with it, that he finally purchased a large life insurance policy to provide for me after he's gone. So now I leave him alone. Well, sometimes. }(

You are awesome and your accomplishments are truly extraordinary. Everyone has their own individual set of demons, and not everyone can accomplish what you have. Your DH is one of them. I say make him buy a big insurance policy, and let him live his life in his own way. Sigh. That's the best we can do. :-( Who knows, maybe in the long run we will have an influence?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.